• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Yeah, Frisk and Chara are the canon names and also the most popular names in general. They even retained it in the Japanese translation, it isn't a placeholder

Ngl this is pretty minor but I kind of want Chara's page to be renamed to the fallen child cause "Chara" being the true name is more so a reference to the fact that the Fallen child and Frisk's sprites are named "truechara" and "mainchara" in the files respectively.
Frisk is Frisk and Chara is Chara. The reason they're usually referred to as fallen children is because it builds up for reveals and twists, like the name we give in the beginning not being the name of the human we play as, but the first human (thus, "Chara" is the true name of the first fallen human), whereas we learn that our human actually has a name that they give to Asriel, being Frisk, after which every Monster in the game only refers to them as Frisk. Toby did something cool and interesting with the names and wouldn't have been able to it by revealing the names earlier on. On the other hand, we learn Kris' name right off the bat because Kris' identity is a huge part of Deltrune's lore.

I mean there's even art from Toby shown on his Twitter where he outright uses the name Chara in a drawing of them and Asriel, lol.

"Fallen Child" or whatever would at best be uses in the names section of their page's, but not the actual page names. We know their names, we're gonna use them.

Wait.
StrymUltra.
Why do you disagree with 13k over 12k monsters? Its can be achieved in game, so it's alright to assumed that it's there

And also calc should be changed, because Ruins ain't gonna have any MTT television, and Hotland with New Home are overcrowded with Hotland and New Home being more elite than others

I thought chapter count would be pretty cut and dry but this guy makes a compelling argument.

And the part about the weirdly named soundtracks that might end up spelling HIS name is pretty crazy.

Last edited:
Also, I'd definitely say that Gaster's big reveal could very much be in Chapter 6 if he doesn't appear in line with the analysis this guy makes in the video. Could be either or. But I like his theory WAY better.

Last edited:
Imagine after ch3-5 release, Toby makes a merch of Angel's Bible, with whole ass lore dump and lore drop

You know. I think that Human Soul scale should be updated.
Now because it has not 12k but actually achievable 13k+
And also because of some obscure fact.

You see, Determination is the power of Soul.

* SOUL power can only be derived from what was once living.
(One of the entries) and a lot of more things which shows that Soul Power = DT.

But here's the thing.
Every monster soul is on the same level, expect for the Asgore and Toriel, because their soul is so powerful that they can stay after death.
Undyne? Nah, she just shown the fact that she can USE this Power, and yet can't even hold soul for more than 1 second, meaning that every monster isn't in its actual "full power" mode.

AND we scale monster soul as the suppressed monster normal mode, so I think it would make much, much more sense to scale 13k monster souls from Undyne The Undying, and upgrade human soul level.

AND ALSO, it is clear that 13k monsters isn't the full underground population, because it is clear that there's NO WAY MTT connection gonna reach The Ruins.

And the fact that not everyone gonna watch it and the fact that 1 TV can be viewed by the whole family of monsters, because it is even said that its a show for the whole family.

Can we scale Toby's speed and stats using this?

And also add sword mastery
(It all scales only to Toby)

BTW, I was rereading gaster dialogues
And I understood that every copy of Undertale and Deltarune are personalised.

Gaster literally commented actions of whole fandom

WERE YOU LOOKING FOR ME?

And then his ass calls deltarune a survey, and that it's the mission not for 1 player but for the fandom
And gaster exists in every copy of UT and DR, and Gaster is one

This two old crts are worth something though.

So, it appears that Seam uses Seam Ripper.

And it also means that Seam was pretty much a fighter, and that he was fighting with Jevil in his "games".

So... Seam is on the same level as Jevil, or might be higher?

This page should be changed I guess
I mean in Everyman part, Toby said that this fellow is just a good guy who randomly appears

So Everyman isn't really an Amalgamate's attack, but simply someone who just got there somehow

New Newsletter is out!
Didn't receive it in your email?

I got it. Ngl I just didn't share it because there just wasn't anything really significant besides a somewhat vague progress update. I mean I do like it I'm glad Toby gave us something, the communication is sweet.

The only big thing is him changing how he'll release some of the next chapters. Imo it makes the most sense to me if Toby did a straight-up payment for the whole game including future chapters (like 30 bucks maybe?) and just released updates over time with the next chapters. That way people can choose to get in now and not worry about it or wait until the whole thing is done and finished to buy it.

Also helpful for navigating.
I got it. Ngl I just didn't share it because there just wasn't anything really significant besides a somewhat vague progress update. I mean I do like it I'm glad Toby gave us something, the communication is sweet.

The only big thing is him changing how he'll release some of the next chapters. Imo it makes the most sense to me if Toby did a straight-up payment for the whole game including future chapters (like 30 bucks maybe?) and just released updates over time with the next chapters. That way people can choose to get in now and not worry about it or wait until the whole thing is done and finished to buy it.
I'm glad we'll be getting Chapter 3 & 4 & won't have to wait for 5 to be ready, too, but getting less progress info per update is disappointing.

Have you read the interview BTW?

Jean:​

"Extra shoutout to how fun it was to hear Toby read the chapter with the team and that one time we discussed Toby's graph of what he thought the popularity of each character from Chapter 2 would be over time."

I want to see this graph

Chess: "giga queen had a pointy nose in toby's concept art, but it ended up getting in the way too much in sprite form. i ultimately only included it in sprites where it looked really cool or funny."

.This is neat if true for canon. Is it just some kind of angle cheating that we can't always see the mech's pointed nose?

"did you know the "sigil" on dark world berdly's chest was supposed to be a pocket? now you do"

Apparently, Chapter 3 is Chess's favorite chapter yet....

By the way.
Sans did say "I know your type" in fight

And it is known that his ass doesn't know Flowey very well, as he isn't acknowledged about him and his actions

So it probably something what happened in Deltarune
Someone has turned into a horrible beast and started a slaughter, and Sans has seen it...

Pretty sure he's saying he has seen the "Determined" type before as evidenced by the lines he says after iirc.
ah
It makes sense then.
But still it actually be interesting if for example Kris gone absolute mad

By the way
I really doubt that Chara used True Reset after The Genocide route
Since Sans states that everything will be gone, and timelines gonna suddenly end

Meaning that there's now no time or space to begin with.
With the fact that Reset basically just rips out whole world and launches it back into the past, I really doubt that Reset gonna work in first place

Probably, Chara simply recreated this world as a replica.

Chara erased everything including SAVE files presumably and time itself. Our ability to Reset the game is likewise completely gone and we are essentially at Chara's mercy if we want to restore the game in a canon way. The fact that we can't Reset means that Chara wouldn't be able to just via having our soul. So no, Chara didn't just do a Reset.

Resets are just restorations. Time has not to be involved, True Reset just means that it can reset the reality even without time, as it can restore time itself.
So why Sans even has to be afraid of something?
Like, he implies the fact that whole reset and shit is suddenly ended with the timelines progression, so like he is afraid of what?

And also, Flowey mentions that Reset basically rips everyone out of the world and throw it back into the past

But there's no world or time to begin with.

Plus characters "resetting" cosmologies even after time erasure is not that uncommon, the DDLC Player can literally restore the game through resetting the VM even after Monika 100% deleted the game (unless you wanna make Monika 3-A, and that's obviously wrong).
Irrelevant to discussion.

Who wins between 2-B Chara and Asriel?
I'm ngl, peak Chara STOMPS God Asriel.

Absolute Chara, even before the restart alone, probably takes it. Asriel can't do literally anything against Absolute Chara. Chara has no body or soul so his AP and soul hax are irrelevant, his True Reset wincon is inapplicable, as, if WE can't do anything at that point in the game, Asriel sure as hell would be unable to manipulate time. Even if Asriel has his regen's and whatnot, Chara counters that with Existence Erasure and they should be able to destroy souls anyways. Furthermore, Asriel might be in the same tier as Chara in AP, but he never did anything near the level of Chara who literally destroyed the entire game. Feat-wise, Chara dwarfs Asriel actually.

And that's just Chara before restoring the game. Remember, Chara's actual peak would be on a Post-Genocide Route, or rather, a "Soulless Pacifist" Route. At that point, Chara has taken the Player's soul and is now in complete control of the game, though they still let us play through each individual route on our own anyways. Remember, God Asriel's Determination only RIVALED the soul of the Player which was inhabiting Frisk, so Chara having the Player's soul, which they wouldn't even need to comfortably take Asriel out, makes it a completely one-sided murderstomp, that's basically taking the Frisk that fought Asriel, but giving them all of Absolute Chara's hax and buffing their AP to an extent that could hurt Asriel or even maybe one-shot him as well, on top of making them default casual bloodlusted which Monster's are extremely weak too.

by the way, if Chara is actually in Deltarune, and it will be confirmed that it's a post-geno Chara, so wouldn't they have kinda... million of those souls, completely negating Asriel's sorry ass?

Just because the True Reset works with also time, it doesn't mean it can't work without it. It's common sense, when it has feats for it.
Common sense is not your main thing, you know it, right?
Anyway, the thing is that you're basically launching something without any evidence that it works without time.
Anyway, Flowey even mentions that it rips out world and launches through time.
but what world and time we're talking about?
Considering the fact that all those jumps and starting of the timelines are resets, and considered as warping the space-time(view japanese translation of the fight)
and yet, Sans states that it will all end(space time)
It's not.
it is irrelevant.

Tell me a single reason why I shouldn't go to RVR.
Wth is RVR
No more funny dog room after Genocide Route 😭
If JP contracts English, then I'd go with Eng. You forgot that Undertale is an American game you weeb.
Well, if Toby decides to put more information in japanese stuff just to make sure no ass will be contradicted, then it means that your ass is biased to canon information and preferring your dream fairy tales.
No, I know this,I meant like how is this above time and space

Anyway, made dis

Rule Violations Reports thread.
Ah, this one. I thought you were talking about cars
How this this debunking True Reset working without time...? Man you're using literal easter eggs as important pieces of lore, this is not the first time you do this shit.
To be honest, you have never gave ever actual proof of Resets working without time.
You just launched other games thinking that it's the same.
Sans' statements in JP would make the cosmology Low 2-C at best through quilted multiverse lol.
I forgot what our 2B even based on in first place
Because you'd have to outrun not just physical space, but also time itself as it's getting destroyed, ergo you'd need to physically cross time as if it's a physical distance to qualify for Immeasurable, and Frisk does that, they are physically dodging a space-time destruction.
Ah thx
Anyway, made dis

Looks funny but include better whole monsters in last part, since it was shown that Rudolph's Holiday ass is capable of doing there just fine, as it appears for Hotland to have the University out there, and Rudolph is a funking reindeer u know
Undertale.com/alarmclock
(Asgore part)

yknow, you could always upgrade the cosmology by actually getting smarter and seeing the fact that Gaster's ass refers to the whole ass fandom in the twitter, and says in the Deltarune site "PUBLIC SAFETY", meaning it's not just tet-a-tet meeting of only 1 player with 1 gaster, but ad infinitum players with 1 gaster, and all of our shit is recorded and collected by doctor, meaning that "EVERY COPY OF DELTARUNE IS PERSONALISED"

I shouldn't give proof when it happened right in front of your eyes.

Can't debate if you refuse to see evidence, it's like trying to talk with a deaf person.
Because you never ever funking gave them in first place!
uh ahhhh ummm time no time uh
WHEN.
Ignore him, he's using random easter eggs and irrelevant meta stuff as evidence.
You're seeing only nothing but your wrong meaning and twisted words. Nothing more than this.

Ignore him, he's using random easter eggs and irrelevant meta stuff as evidence.
You know, that actually to put meta stuff, you have to think of it in first place

And considering the fact that your ass refused to believe that Kris' saves are actually intended(IT NEEDS TO WRITE THE ******* CODE IN FIRST PLACE TO MAKE IT WORK)

So you're just viewing all my words by your twisted prism

Back