• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Invulnerability is a hax though, not increasing the durability. You can even be 2-A and apply the same thing, KR would still work due to it still bypassing the inv frames.
It actually adds to durability, because then it wouldn't make sense for it to be bypassed by dura neg if it isn't durability in some sort. And as far as I remember, Sans lost to a 2-A character because of their huge gap of durability so.. I don't see how this follows.

Sorry, I missworded. I'm not saying that invulnerability is the same as durability in their concept, I'm saying that Invulnerability adds to durability if you have, and the more invulnerability you have, the more it will add to your durability. Frisk is a good example of this since the more you have, the more you can ignore monsters' magic, even tho it is limited.
invulnerability is not adding to Durability, it is a Hax that prevents damage

It actually adds to durability, because then it wouldn't make sense for it to be bypassed by dura neg if it isn't durability in some sort. And as far as I remember, Sans lost to a 2-A character because of their huge gap of durability so.. I don't see how this follows.
he didn't lost because of that, it was because of the army of drones it had

No. It's just being immune to physical damage, not increasing the durability.
But if you're invulnerable to physical damage then it means a change on your durability. Sonic, for example, when in his super form, is completely invulnerable and can tank basically any kind of damage, even if it's temporary, it adds to his durability somehow before his form ends.

But if you're invulnerable to physical damage then it means a change on your durability. Sonic, for example, when in his super form, is completely invulnerable and can tank basically any kind of damage, even if it's temporary, it adds to his durability somehow before his form ends.
He's invulnerable even to stuff of his own tier, btw. Only people with Chaos Energy can bypass it in-verse, he's not invulnerable only because he becomes 2-A 💀

Because hax circumvents hax.
Yes, but then that means if you need to use a hax that ignores durability to bypass a hax that somehow adds to the other's durability, it means that hax can add to the character's abilities or status. Persona users are a good example of this. So invulnerability should, somehow, add to someone's durability for a limited time depending on the situation, like Frisk, for example.

He's invulnerable even to stuff of his own tier, btw. Only people with Chaos Energy can bypass it in-verse, he's not invulnerable only because he becomes 2-A 💀
That's not my point. What I'm saying is that even tho he becomes invulnerable due to Chaos Energy, it still adds to his durability since he is no longer able to be damaged or harmed and the only option to bypass this is using another form of the same sort which has dura neg. And with his transformations, all of his status changes as well. His invulnerability is also set to be part of his durability status in his wiki. So that proves me enough that invulnerability can add to your durability somehow even tho it is hax.

Yes, but then that means if you need to use a hax that ignores durability to bypass a hax that somehow adds to the other's durability, it means that hax can add to the character's abilities or status. Persona users are a good example of this. So invulnerability should, somehow, add to someone's durability for a limited time depending on the situation, like Frisk, for example.
Why can't you understand that invulnerability does not add anything, but only negs physical damage through hax? Why can't you get it? Why? Why? Why?
His invulnerability is also set to be part of his durability status in his wiki.
That's dumb then.

I'm not entirely sure on invincibility being an actual thing that happens in-verse and not just a game mechanic

Why can't you understand that invulnerability does not add anything, but only negs physical damage through hax? Why can't you get it? Why? Why? Why?
Because every single character that has Invulnerability in their profile adds to their durability as well. I literally searched for all of them in the page of invulnerability and all of them have their durability changed thanks to Invulnerability, doesn't matter if it's just hax. Why is different with Frisk when they have the same thing but limited? You guys are lacking proof to make this look false, and I have an entire load of other profiles proving that what you guys are saying is pure bias.
That's dumb then.
Oh, then you should call all the character's profiles with Invulnerability dumb, because most of them have Invulnerability adding to their durability somehow. Clearly, the others are the problem, not your lack of evidence of this being false.

What character mentions it?
I was 100% sure Temmie did, but guess it did not.
Because every single character that has Invulnerability in their profile adds to their durability as well. I literally searched for all of them in the page of invulnerability and all of them have their durability changed thanks to Invulnerability, doesn't matter if it's just hax. Why is different with Frisk when they have the same thing but limited? You guys are lacking proof to make this look false, and I have an entire load of other profiles proving that what you guys are saying is pure bias.
I mean, this is more just adding hax which adds more reasons on why they're hard to kill (Huh), plus it'd added after their dura feats without Invulnerability,

Also...

Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through. Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities. It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency, though one should be careful not to apply No Limits Fallacy.

This is distinct from simply particularly high durability, which may make a character seem invulnerable to weaker opponents. Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify.

I mean, this is more just adding hax which adds more reasons on why they're hard to kill (Huh).
Yes, and? It still doesn't change the fact that it adds to their durability somehow. If a character has invulnerability, then their durability will get a change because Invulnerability makes you tank attacks more. As I said up there, hax can still change your AP, Durability or speed depending on it, take a look at Persona users' profiles and you'll see what I'm talking about.

plus it'd added after their dura feats without Invulnerability,
Um... I don't think so, I don't think so at all. Also, even if this is the case for some characters, why would this disprove the fact that once they got invulnerability, their durability changed? Like, their durability didn't stand the same after gaining INV, which means that yes, INV changes your durability, and all the profiles shows this to us.
Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through. Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities. It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency, though one should be careful not to apply No Limits Fallacy.
"It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation".

Durability Negation: "The ability that allows users to damage the target, regardless of their durability".
Invulnerability: "The ability that allows users to prevent being damaged regardless of the enemy's AP".

Notice that both hax messes with the char AP or Durability. Durability Negation can be added to AP depending on the case, just like Invulnerability can add to durability as we saw with a few profiles. Here's one case of this where Durability Neg adds to AP.

Sans doesnt have limited since he deals 1 damage no matter how much armour you stack, you can have a million defense but Sans will still deal 1 damage per frame

Those 2 items was brought up before but I dont think they are enough to warrant a limited downgrade since those can be explained by changing the frame thing so its more of an ability for Frisk rather than a weakness for Sans.

Sans doesnt have limited since he deals 1 damage no matter how much armour you stack, you can have a million defense but Sans will still deal 1 damage per frame
That is because 1 dmg is the minimum of what a monster can deal to you. The Asriel fight is not a valid point since the game was currently being broken by him and a ton of Determination was used on Frisk for them to tank damage without dying and reaching 00000000.1 HP, it's purely for a special event since determination is the power of persisting even after dying. Also, the limited amount of DEF you can get is 99 If I remember correctly.
Those 2 items was brought up before but I dont think they are enough to warrant a limited downgrade since those can be explained by changing the frame thing so its more of an ability for Frisk rather than a weakness for Sans.
Well, following the logic of INV adding to durability, this should note as Frisk increasing their durability to prevent Sans from dealing the same amount of KARMA damage he usually does. It's the same as monsters' magic not dealing the same damage depending on your DEF, but with Sans' case, it's INV, which as I stated above can add to durability as well. So I think it's a pretty solid argument to downgrade his dura neg to limited since he won't be doing the same amount of damage with KARMA depending on your armor.

That is because 1 dmg is the minimum of what a monster can deal to you. The Asriel fight is not a valid point since the game was currently being broken by him and a ton of Determination was used on Frisk for them to tank damage without dying and reaching 00000000.1 HP, it's purely for a special event since determination is the power of persisting even after dying.
Asriel fight still proves you can take less than 1 damage. Even if it seems to be a special case we have no inlore explanation to it so we cannot make assumptionts. Btw assuming all monsters deal 1 damage at minimum means all of them have dura neg which you know...is weird
Well, following the logic of INV adding to durability, this should note as Frisk increasing their durability to prevent Sans from dealing the same amount of KARMA damage he usually does. It's the same as monsters' magic not dealing the same damage depending on your DEF, but with Sans' case, it's INV, which as I stated above can add to durability as well. So I think it's a pretty solid argument to downgrade his dura neg to limited since he won't be doing the same amount of damage with KARMA depending on your armor.
INV frames /=/ Durability because otherwise the normal armours would also help in battle.

If the enemy can magically amplify their frames per seconds then yeah they will make KR less affective, but normal armour doesn't do shit. Sans (a 9-B) being able to kill Frisk (the strongest 9-A) is enough to say he negates durability tbh.

If the enemy can magically amplify their frames per seconds then yeah they will make KR less affective, but normal armour doesn't do shit. Sans (a 9-B) being able to kill Frisk (the strongest 9-A) is enough to say he negates durability tbh.
Not to mention that the DEF Chara has at the end of Genocide through items is not accounted at all in the damage calculation of KR.

Asriel fight still proves you can take less than 1 damage. Even if it seems to be a special case we have no inlore explanation to it so we cannot make assumptionts. Btw assuming all monsters deal 1 damage at minimum means all of them have dura neg which you know...is weird
That because of determination, as I said, It is a special case purely because of Frisk's determination taking over the timeline and thus preventing them from dying for a fatal blow. Asriel himself says that Frisk is just alive because of this. So the inlore explanation is purely determination, and because the game was being broken by Asriel as he himself says that as well while completely destroying the game with one fatal blow. And... no? Saying that all monsters deal 1 damage at minimum means that they CANNOT deal less than 1 damage at you, that doesn't mean they have dura neg, it means that they have to AT LEAST deal 1 dmg at you, otherwise they miss the attack.
INV frames /=/ Durability because otherwise the normal armours would also help in battle.
No? Not at all. INV frames counts as Invulnerability, which can ADD to durability in a different form. The other armors we have purely increases DEF, which is just common and raw durability. INV frames are Invulnerability that increases how much you'll be completely invulnerable to common attacks, it's another mean for you to increase your durability without raising your DEF. As I said and stated on other profiles, INV can increase your durability even if you have a low DEF depending on the case, and Frisk is the same here. So this logic does not apply.

Magically amplify their INV frames is basically increase how much they'll be invulnerable, thus, adding to their durability since Invulnerability can change your durability as well. DEF is not the only way to do this, just like wearing armor is not the only way for you to get more durability. But that's.. not logical? 9-A Frisk can still die by a Froggit, and can still die by Undyne as well, should that mean they also have true dura neg? Excatly, nope. Following lore wise, Sans never killed Chara in the genocide route and they killed him in their first try, so.. that argument doesn't follow well here.

Not to mention that the DEF Chara has at the end of Genocide through items is not accounted at all in the damage calculation of KR.
Yes, because it's the DEF stats. I'm talking about the INV frames that are another means to increase your durability and negate Sans' KARMA overall same damage.

That's not my point. What I'm saying is that even tho he becomes invulnerable due to Chaos Energy, it still adds to his durability since he is no longer able to be damaged or harmed and the only option to bypass this is using another form of the same sort which has dura neg. And with his transformations, all of his status changes as well. His invulnerability is also set to be part of his durability status in his wiki. So that proves me enough that invulnerability can add to your durability somehow even tho it is hax.
no it isn't, it is only noted that it makes him harder to harm in the durability section

That because of determination, as I said, It is a special case purely because of Frisk's determination taking over the timeline and thus preventing them from dying for a fatal blow. Asriel himself says that Frisk is just alive because of this. So the inlore explanation is purely determination, and because the game was being broken by Asriel as he himself says that as well while completely destroying the game with one fatal blow. And... no? Saying that all monsters deal 1 damage at minimum means that they CANNOT deal less than 1 damage at you, that doesn't mean they have dura neg, it means that they have to AT LEAST deal 1 dmg at you, otherwise they miss the attack.

No? Not at all. INV frames counts as Invulnerability, which can ADD to durability in a different form. The other armors we have purely increases DEF, which is just common and raw durability. INV frames are Invulnerability that increases how much you'll be completely invulnerable to common attacks, it's another mean for you to increase your durability without raising your DEF. As I said and stated on other profiles, INV can increase your durability even if you have a low DEF depending on the case, and Frisk is the same here. So this logic does not apply.

Magically amplify their INV frames is basically increase how much they'll be invulnerable, thus, adding to their durability since Invulnerability can change your durability as well. DEF is not the only way to do this, just like wearing armor is not the only way for you to get more durability. But that's.. not logical? 9-A Frisk can still die by a Froggit, and can still die by Undyne as well, should that mean they also have true dura neg? Excatly, nope. Following lore wise, Sans never killed Chara in the genocide route and they killed him in their first try, so.. that argument doesn't follow well here.
Sans killed the player likely atleast 10 times because of his lines

We are not gonna downgrade Sans durability negation because his hax is lowered by Frisk making their frames change. Frisk is not making their durability more they are simply changing their frames to make KR deal a little less damage

Invunlerability is NOT durability. Its purely an defensive ability, you can have 10-B durability with Invunlerability

Sans killed the player likely atleast 10 times because of his lines
Which aren't canon, because it's totally a "what if?". Then that means if Chara dies by a Froggit it will be canon because the FUN values changes? Same with Undyne? So yeah, no. There's nothing in the game saying that Chara died 10 times to Sans canonically, is purely the player's skill that will decide it. But If you beat Sans without dying, that's literally what it has to be, it's what the main goal of the genocide route wants; not dying and killing everyone. In the pacifist route, for example, Sans takes that you did not die a single time even if you DO die in the route, meaning that it does not matter if you die or not.

We are not gonna downgrade Sans durability negation because his hax is lowered by Frisk making their frames change. Frisk is not making their durability more they are simply changing their frames to make KR deal a little less damage
And as I explained before, increasing their INV frames is basically amplifying their Invulnerability, which as I stated before with different profiles that DOES add to durability even tho they are not wearing conventional armor. It's the same as Sonic increasing his Invulnerability with rings in his super form; he's not wearing armor, he's literally just with another level of durability thanks to what his form gives. You literally just said why this is increasing their durability, because increasing how much their INV tanks is basically increasing how much it will add to their durability as well. Invulnerability adds to Durability, all INV users have this. Frisk should not be different as well.
Invunlerability is NOT durability. Its purely an defensive ability, you can have 10-B durability with Invunlerability
It's a defensive ability that changes your level of durability when you gain it, does not matter how much your conventional durability is, it WILL get changed once INV strikes in. I've sent lots of examples for this. Invulnerability is not Durability, but ADDS to your Durability depending on the case, and Frisk is one of these cases.

“she is incredibly difficult to damage”

She doesnt even actually have a full Inv. Stop whataboutism btw.

"She doesnt even actually have a full Inv"

Powers and Abilities: Genius Intelligence, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Physics Manipulation (The Siberian can ignore the effects of forces on herself, rendering herself effectively invulnerable and allowing her to shear through any object by removing reactionary force), Matter Manipulation (Repeatedly tore apart Scion, erasing entire chunks of his body), Pseudo-Flight (She can ignore the effects of gravity to glide), Invulnerability (She ignores the effects of forces on herself and is thus effectively invulnerable, and she can share this ability with others), Immortality (Type 8; the Siberian will always reform so long as Manton is alive), Resistance to Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Panacea, who can completely control the biology and brains of anyone she touches, cannot do a thing to the Siberian), Gravity Manipulation (Swatted aside a projectile that had its own gravitational field without issue), Spatial Manipulation (Shattered Cache's spatial warping, which traps the target in extradimensional space), Teleportation (Wildbow says that she's immune to Trickster's ability, which allows him to swap the spatial locations of roughly equivalent masses), and Time Manipulation (She can walk through fields of altered time unaffected), among many others (She is "immune to powers")

You should start reading more, y'know? Also, have this.

"She doesnt even actually have a full Inv"

Powers and Abilities: Genius Intelligence, Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Physics Manipulation (The Siberian can ignore the effects of forces on herself, rendering herself effectively invulnerable and allowing her to shear through any object by removing reactionary force), Matter Manipulation (Repeatedly tore apart Scion, erasing entire chunks of his body), Pseudo-Flight (She can ignore the effects of gravity to glide), Invulnerability (She ignores the effects of forces on herself and is thus effectively invulnerable, and she can share this ability with others), Immortality (Type 8; the Siberian will always reform so long as Manton is alive), Resistance to Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Panacea, who can completely control the biology and brains of anyone she touches, cannot do a thing to the Siberian), Gravity Manipulation (Swatted aside a projectile that had its own gravitational field without issue), Spatial Manipulation (Shattered Cache's spatial warping, which traps the target in extradimensional space), Teleportation (Wildbow says that she's immune to Trickster's ability, which allows him to swap the spatial locations of roughly equivalent masses), and Time Manipulation (She can walk through fields of altered time unaffected), among many others (She is "immune to powers")

You should start reading more, y'know? Also, have this.
You should try reading the thing you sent.
She ignores the effects of forces on herself and is thus effectively invulnerable
She ignores them with her powers, she isnt invulnerable herself also this

Which also means that it adds to his durability, like, his level of durability literally changes once he gains Invulnerability.
no it doesn't, his durability level doesn't change at all with his invulnerability

Want another example? Here
You mean the one that is using physics manipulation to make herself impossible to interacted as she repulses all that would do so? That is not durability at all

She ignores them with her powers, she isnt invulnerable herself also this
And how is that a downgrade on my argument by any chance? She ignoring with her powers is still INV, because INV IS literally a power that adds to your durability. If you actually read the other profile I sent, you'd see that being a hax or not does not prevent it from changing your durability by any chance.

Also, stop with the "whataboutism" stuff, it's clear that you don't even know what you're trying to reach here with this.

"The communication intent is often to distract from the content of a topic (red herring). The goal may also be to question the justification for criticism and the legitimacy, integrity, and fairness of the critic, which can take on the character of discrediting the criticism, which may or may not be justified. Common accusations include double standards, and hypocrisy"

I'm not trying to miss the topic at all, I'm using examples of the same case but with different characters to prove that INV adds to durability and thus meaning that Frisk increasing their INV is them increasing their Durability by other means. The topic is "INV adds to Durability" and I'm using examples of that happening. So yeah, you should read more before stuffin' these nonsenses on the thread just to try and make your point valid, pal.

And how is that a downgrade on my argument by any chance? She ignoring with her powers is still INV, because INV IS literally a power that adds to your durability. If you actually read the other profile I sent, you'd see that being a hax or not does not prevent it from changing your durability by any chance.
She is using her hax to stop attacks from hurting her. She isnt Invulnerable just hard to damage.

Durability is not the same as Inv. Like one of it is purely stats while the other is an ability.
Also, stop with the "whataboutism" stuff, it's clear that you don't even know what you're trying to reach here with this.

"The communication intent is often to distract from the content of a topic (red herring). The goal may also be to question the justification for criticism and the legitimacy, integrity, and fairness of the critic, which can take on the character of discrediting the criticism, which may or may not be justified. Common accusations include double standards, and hypocrisy"

I'm not trying to miss the topic at all, I'm using examples of the same case but with different characters to prove that INV adds to durability and thus meaning that Frisk increasing their INV is them increasing their Durability by other means. The topic is "INV adds to Durability" and I'm using examples of that happening. So yeah, you should read more before stuffin' these nonsenses on the thread just to try and make your point valid, pal.
Buddy. You are showing random profiles to prove a point about another profile. Thats whataboutism.

You are literally saying “but what about this profile?”

See what I mean?

Yes Inv is listed on the durability but its not an actual durability stat.

Just like how Omnipresence is listed on speed but its not an actual speed stat.

Back