• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

Ok and? SAVEs are never showcased in a CUTSCENE in Deltarune.
Does it really matter?
Toby already put easter egg, and then updated it, meaning it kinda matters.
Besides, the two universes seem to follow totally different rules anyway, as Determination does exist but it's something both monsters and humans can use (and it's more used to create fountains rather than the stuff UT characters do), Monsters apparentely do bleed and they can't use magic if they're not in the Dark World.
Determination in Deltarune is not like a soul power, but a power of will, unlike Undertale.

But anyway, it still does not matter because Kris anyway got file, not matter if it through DT or another strange ahh shit.

I kinda wonder, if Kris time manip get accepted, then will Frisk VS Kris be stalemate?

Ah no, it won't be, as Kris seemingly got Overwrite ability too

Easter Eggs are not part of the story.
Not here. This argument have no power in UT/DR, especially if it get updated through new patches and chapters.
Like every videogame (2).
Like it matters, when you're talking about a game which is pretty tampered which such topics, and even does a lot of shit.

[EMPTY] file destroy all your arguments with a single presence. Stop struggling.

You mean UT* because DR has different rules. Stop assuming that just because UT works this way, DR does too.
Stop ignoring the fact that just because it's a different game, game developer magically shifts his policy about the easter eggs and stuff.
Just because it's a new game, it does not changes the fact that it's still the same game developer who is very accurate with all this stuff and cares about meta shit more than you do.
DR is not as meta as UT is.
Good luck which such logic looking at a lot of details, like secret code in DR, saying about the dark.

DR is the same level of meta or even higher than Undertale.
Crashing the game, strange terms of agreements and a lot of more. Even hinting at code files, with Spamton dictating the words of the one from the dark.

Stop ignoring the fact that just because it's a different game, game developer magically shifts his policy about the easter eggs and stuff.
It actually does mean so, given Toby himself said that it follows different rules in the FAQ.
Just because it's a new game, it does not changes the fact that it's still the same game developer who is very accurate with all this stuff and cares about meta shit more than you do.
It does not mean that it has to be the same as Undertale, those game showcased to work differently even about fundamental stuff.
Good luck which such logic looking at a lot of details, like secret code in DR, saying about the dark.
Non-canon unless they elaborate those explicitly.
Crashing the game
It never happened tf? If you mean the Gaster name thing, then that means nothing.

no, it's a dead brainer moment, you're just stonewalling me without even trying to think

I just use common sense unlike you who tried to make a Gaster profile twice and failed both times, and even made that goofy aah Tier 7 Toriel CRT lmfao.

I just use common sense
which you lack btw
unlike you who tried to make a Gaster profile twice
I... didn't..?
and failed both times,
I... didn't made any Gaster page...?
You're confusing me with someone else.
and even made that goofy aah Tier 7 Toriel CRT lmfao.
it was my biggest rofl btw, I just thought that it would be hilarious to have rofl character in VSbattle lmao

By the way, I would like you to stop confusing me with other people.
I did not attempt to make a Gaster page, I'm to lazy for that

I'm not the Gaster page maker, only Gaster discusser.

I wonder, what will happen if Frisk goes into Deltarune timeline, and Kris overwrite it?

Will Frisk just disappear?

Ya know, if Sans from DR get accepted here, it will mean that Sans will scale to any feat he will have from light world and also skills feats from fight we might have with him

when i think about it now, "nah, not really.".
I'm mostly referring the Sans workshop stuff where Sans put Frisk photo after Asriel fight, and this photo didn't even happened yet.

Its unknown how Sans did that, and it seems like he is capable of launching things or himself into the past

Actually, makes sense about where those reports come from lnao

Cold take.
Monsters will defeat Humans in second war with almost zero difficulty.

Are people aware of this page from Legends of Localization: Undertale?
This is what allows the player to save and load their progress, just like in any other game. Except here, it's the actual, physical player's determination that enables this ability. The main character is just along for the ride.
With all this new power, Asriel immobilizes the main character and takes control over the save menu. This becomes clear when the player reaches out for the save file, only to fail.
This book, while not written by Toby Fox, is official Undertale merchandise from Fangamer, written by someone who observed Undertale's localisation process, helped out with it when asked by Toby plus had full access to all of the resources and internal documents the translators had, including Toby's notes and comments.

Still, despite those positive indications, it was ultimately created by someone else who didn't have creative control over the original product, and who may not have asked Toby for direct input on a point like this. While one could say that Toby would've read it and corrected it if it was wrong, we don't know that for sure.

I wouldn't put anything too solid on it, but I think it might nudge some things down to a possibly/likely.

What do y'all think?

I do think SAVE files are canon given the fact that Frisk tried to reach to them during their fight with Asriel (also Photoshop Flowey "destroying" our SAVE files and using his own files to save and reload).

I also think Kris has access to SAVE, but that would make their battles a stomp so I'm not really in a rush to make a thread about it.

I do think SAVE files are canon given the fact that Frisk tried to reach to them during their fight with Asriel (also Photoshop Flowey "destroying" our SAVE files and using his own files to save and reload).
They would still be canon, but this would mean that Frisk doesn't have access to them directly; the Player does, and puppets Frisk using that (and other abilities).

Unless we always assume Frisk to have the player piloting them in vs threads, Frisk would lose those big DT abilities.

If we let "The Player" be optional equipment for Frisk, they'd be able to have matches with or without that ability being a thing.

Jumping a bit back to the earlier post. In the time since, I've considered which points in the game argue for/against Frisk themselves having massive amounts of DT, as opposed to the player.

Player has the DT:
  • Flowey was able to mess with the timeline until the game started, despite Frisk still existing until then.
    • This could be excused by saying that, while the barrier was up, Determination only counted among people in the underground, as the scan itself says. But aside from the statements in this book, I don't remember that being backed up in the game, and if we're taking the book seriously, why only take part of it seriously?
  • Time can be rewound after Frisk is killed, their SOUL breaks apart completely, and goes away.
  • Chara's conversation at the end of genocide, and taking of the player's SOUL, makes more sense if the player's the one with all the time powers.
  • Flowey explicitly makes a distinction between Frisk and the player in his post true pacifist monologue, saying that the player has the ability to rewind time and stop Frisk from living their life happily.
Frisk has the DT:
  • The fight with the amalgam that starts because of a SAVE point gets weird if you don't think that Frisk can actually see/interact with them.
    • One of the amalgam fights with an enemy notification; these could just be fourth wall breaks rather than highly literal events.
  • Flowey got Determination from Alphys' experiments, which extracted them from human SOULs. Would the small amount that went into Flowey, instead of the other amalgams, really have been enough to outweigh Frisk's entire human SOUL-worth?
    • Maybe. None of the amalgams seem to have time powers, so perhaps Flowey got a bit more, perhaps from Asriel/Chara's death?
    • Also, there were six SOULs available to extract it from, if Alphys used more than one sixth of the determination on Flowey, he could've plausibly ended up with the most.
  • Asriel needs to defeat Frisk to gain control of the timeline.
  • Frisk remembers the resets, and tells Asgore how many times they die.
There's probably some other arguments at play. Deon gave me one just before I made this post.

EDIT: Now that Strym brought up some new points against it (which I've edited in), I think the evidence weighs too heavily against this to bring it to a thread.

EDIT 2: Now that Rinnel brought up some new ones, I'm back to thinking the player does it. Man this is ******* with me.

Last edited:
Back