• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UNDERTALE/DELTARUNE [shiny new] DISCUSSION THEAD

It appears that Sans is most likely from Deltarune.

And ya know what, it actually explains a lot

But here is one of the chekhov rifle what still wasn't solved.

i’ve been slandered before. rumors spread of me being a “big noob.” after that, i had to stand in the rain in that cool way where you can’t tell if i’m crying, or if it’s just water. she tried to call me back, but it was too late: i was already owned.

Who is she? Slaundered ?

Seemingly, Sans has been in trouble in Deltarune's big city, and for sake of Papyrus he moved to hometown.

There are other spots with green grass and other green vegetation throughout Underground, tbh.

Sans and Papyrus probably lived in some nice spot with sunlight prior to moving into Snowdin.
Where in specific? Aside from the entrance hole at the start and the throne room, neither of which could've been what he meant, let alone some other, super obscure spot Toby probably forgot about himself, I can't remember.

Also the only places with sunlight are the entrance hole and the Barrier.

It doesn't have to be anywhere specific. The underground is enormous.
There are also multiple entrances to the Underground IIRC, so sunlight could be anywhere in those.
Though there are green vegetation in areas of Ruins and Waterfall that don't have sunlight.

Or maybe Sans Undretal was Sans Delturn all along.

HOLY **** BOY'S.

image.png

He gets cut off by Sans after that and we don't get a final answer, but if this is taken seriously (which obviously it should be taken with a grain of salt), this literally confirms that Sans and Papyrus COULD NOT have been from the Underground originally. There is not a single area in the ENTIRE GAME that has green grass aside from Asgore's throne room, and I obviously severely doubt Papyrus meant that. Obviously, pair that with the already large theory that Sans came from another timeline and potentially brought Papyrus with him, the im
We are getting closer and closer to the "Sans originating from Deltarune" theory being a reality

It doesn't have to be anywhere specific. The underground is enormous.
There are also multiple entrances to the Underground IIRC, so sunlight could be anywhere in those.
Though there are green vegetation in areas of Ruins and Waterfall that don't have sunlight.

Or maybe Sans Undretal was Sans Delturn all along.
The skeleton bro's origin is one of the biggest mysteries in the game though. Toby is a troll, but he isn't going to make their original home that people have speculated about for over half a decade now be some random irrelevant spot that has no impact or foreshadowing at all. He's very intentionally wanting us to theorize this, otherwise he wouldn't have made this hint at all as it wouldn't be important enough.

There's only the hole we fall into and the Barrier, there aren't any other entrances that are mentioned even indirectly I'm certain.

True, but those aren't randomly placed, they have meaning in themselves and certainly aren't where Sans and Papyrus came from. I'm not trying to say that green grass doesn't exist in the Underground, but that green grass is so incredibly uncommon in the Underground (not to mention typically exists in small patches) that it being the literal first thing Papyrus remembers about where he used to live before Snowdin is really illogical. But of course, with this being Toby, him throwing this implication into the mix could just be a meme, him wanting us to overthink on purpose just for it to have no bearing in reality. Now that's something I can see him doing.

It's very, very, VERY likely that Sans is from Deltarune. The implications for it are immense. Papyrus saying that implies that he might've also been from Deltarune and that Sans brought him for whatever reason. We'll probably get the reveal in future chapters of Deltarune, or hell, maybe the reveal will be that Sans and Papyrus just disappear in one of the chapters, and we as the player will be able to piece together where they went. Who knows. But the fact that Papyrus doesn't seem to be outwardly aware of this would suggest that something effected his memory, but didn't totally erase it. Of course that's all assuming the theory is true.

It's very, very, VERY likely that Sans is from Deltarune. The implications for it are immense. Papyrus saying that implies that he might've also been from Deltarune and that Sans brought him for whatever reason. We'll probably get the reveal in future chapters of Deltarune, or hell, maybe the reveal will be that Sans and Papyrus just disappear in one of the chapters, and we as the player will be able to piece together where they went. Who knows. But the fact that Papyrus doesn't seem to be outwardly aware of this would suggest that something effected his memory, but didn't totally erase it. Of course that's all assuming the theory is true.
Sans said that he tried to come back, but failed. And surface isn't possible either
Meaning, it's not the surface, but something different.
Sans is playing with space time
But it would be impossible for him to travel back to Deltarune, even if he had 7 souls.
Because Deltarune simply didn't exist yet. Lore-wisely, Gaster created Deltarune after Undertale events, so Sans came from a world that didn't exist yet, and tried to come back.

It actually makes sense, because in Sans' workshop, after defeating Asriel another photo comes out with Frisk smiling with their friends. This photo wasn't created yet, but will happen soon.

Sans studies the quantum physics for a reason.
The paradoxes....

Sans and Papyrus were first shown on a Kickstarter trailer standing on a small patch of grass

That may be what the reference is lol

Also why is this thread tagged with hit Garten of Banban character Opila Bird

There's only the hole we fall into and the Barrier, there aren't any other entrances that are mentioned even indirectly I'm certain.
Pretty sure it's mentioned.
There's even an entire area with stuff from the surface that flows Underground.

but he isn't going to make their original home that people have speculated about for over half a decade now be some random irrelevant spot that has no impact or foreshadowing at all
Well, it could be. It also could be not.

I'm not denying the plausibility of Snas Delturn. In fact it's quite popular for a reason.

I'm saying that the green grass is probably the weakest evidence you can have for that theory.
You can put it with the others to make the theory more plausible. But it's not an evidence that stands on its own.

As it stands, ICE-E is probably one of the stronger physical evidences for the theory. Though of course there could be an unseen ICE-E in Undertale, but unlike the grass, it's a pretty big thing that is glaringly only seen in Deltarune.

but that green grass is so incredibly uncommon in the Underground (not to mention typically exists in small patches) that it being the literal first thing Papyrus remembers about where he used to live before Snowdin is really illogical
The green grass being uncommon is a perfectly logical reason as of why it's the first thing Papyrus remembers it in the first place.
Of course the grass can still indicate Deltarune. But the previous premise makes sense.

Lore-wisely, Gaster created Deltarune after Undertale events
...Based on?

Can you ******* not again? I've already debunked this twice.
You actually didn't. You just threw away part of chess thinking your the one who won. Stop pretending lmao

No, you're the one who is ignorant and unaware about ARG.

Bro don't even know that Gaster have trademarked rights over DR and UT.

You actually didn't. You just threw away part of chess thinking your the one who won. Stop pretending lmao

No, you're the one who is ignorant and unaware about ARG.

Bro don't even know that Gaster have trademarked rights over DR and UT.
Bro is limited by his vsbattle rules brain and cannot leave it, even though, the plot itself shows a lot of Gaster stuff straight to the face, but he forgets and pretends to make it nonexistent. What a weak move

But, you should not forget that you didn't debunked me, but more like others, and I actually agreed about deleting that stinky ahh Gaster's page.
It really was stinky and not solid.
the only solid shit is the creation and info manipulation with 4th wall awareness 💀

Idk if created but I do think the "device" (As in the game itself but not the universe) which connects us the player to the SOUL was created by Gaster

Bro is limited by his vsbattle rules brain and cannot leave it, even though, the plot itself shows a lot of Gaster stuff straight to the face, but he forgets and pretends to make it nonexistent. What a weak move
Because it's not, never was, and never will.

You know all these Gaster stans just make hope so damn hard that Toby deconfirms everything and that Mysterman is just some guy, only to see y'all reactions lol
No one cares about him that much Strym. No one is gonna cry because he turns out to be nothing, I for example would laugh my ass off

Kris should get Time Manip.
Kris canonically got save files, we can check it by simply touching save file first time, and see their file

And it's not a game mechanics, since in ch2 if we skip Ch1, appears that Kris got save file with LV2, and for LV2 you need to destroy the fountain, so yea.

Sans said that he tried to come back, but failed. And surface isn't possible either
Meaning, it's not the surface, but something different.
Sans is playing with space time
But it would be impossible for him to travel back to Deltarune, even if he had 7 souls.
Because Deltarune simply didn't exist yet. Lore-wisely, Gaster created Deltarune after Undertale events, so Sans came from a world that didn't exist yet, and tried to come back.

It actually makes sense, because in Sans' workshop, after defeating Asriel another photo comes out with Frisk smiling with their friends. This photo wasn't created yet, but will happen soon.

Sans studies the quantum physics for a reason.
The paradoxes....
Yeah it's not the surface, that's obvious.

Sans is very, very strongly implied to not originate from the Undertale timeline, whether or not he's from Deltarune is what's more questionable.

We don't know for certain if Deltarune didn't exist yet, but I agree that it most likely didn't because Gaster shenanigans.

I'm saying that the green grass is probably the weakest evidence you can have for that theory.
You can put it with the others to make the theory more plausible. But it's not an evidence that stands on its own.

As it stands, ICE-E is probably one of the stronger physical evidences for the theory. Though of course there could be an unseen ICE-E in Undertale, but unlike the grass, it's a pretty big thing that is glaringly only seen in Deltarune.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's just a tad bit of supportive evidence for an already heavily substantiated theory while adding an extra part to the theory as well.

Well shit, that's a good point. Theory ruined.
Kickstarter ain't canon btw
That's for every videogame lmao.
Dunno man, in Undertale we surely didn't have any files.
You see, Toby Fox ain't an average game dev, but more a schizo trollz one, and even tho, he could that put [EMPTY]

If we erase save file and come back, there won't be any Kris' file, only [EMPTY] with no LV and stuff.

Dunno man, in Undertale we surely didn't have any files.
You see, Toby Fox ain't an average game dev, but more a schizo trollz one, and even tho, he could that put [EMPTY]
  1. So? It's mentioned that they can in a cutscene.
  2. Photoshop Flowey explicitly destroys SAVEs in a cutscene too.
If we erase save file and come back, there won't be any Kris' file, only [EMPTY] with no LV and stuff.
That's kinda too much in game mechanics ngl.

1. So? It's mentioned that they can in a cutscene.
  2. Photoshop Flowey explicitly destroys SAVEs in a cutscene too.
You didn't understand but what I mean

We didn't have any Chara or insertname, we had only EMPTY file

EMPTY 00:00, meaning, your argument its kinda goofy ahh.
That's kinda too much in game mechanics ngl.
I understand, but looking into UT and development, it's kinda easy to put the dots together and see that Kris got the files.

Otherwise, it just wouldn't make any sense they put their file and then update it.

You didn't understand but what I mean

We didn't have any Chara or insertname, we had only EMPTY file

EMPTY 00:00, meaning, your argument its kinda goofy ahh.

I understand, but looking into UT and development, it's kinda easy to put the dots together and see that Kris got the files.

Otherwise, it just wouldn't make any sense they put their file and then update it.

Ok and? SAVEs are never showcased in a CUTSCENE in Deltarune.

Besides, the two universes seem to follow totally different rules anyway, as Determination does exist but it's something both monsters and humans can use (and it's more used to create fountains rather than the stuff UT characters do), Monsters apparentely do bleed and they can't use magic if they're not in the Dark World.

Ok and? SAVEs are never showcased in a CUTSCENE in Deltarune.

Besides, the two universes seem to follow totally different rules anyway, as Determination does exist but it's something both monsters and humans can use (and it's more used to create fountains rather than the stuff UT characters do), Monsters apparentely do bleed and they can't use magic if they're not in the Dark World.
Wait Monsters bleed in deltarune?

Back