• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Umineko: When The Revisions Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the scan that Ovy7 is using is falsely translated then? Because it clearly speaks of there being already multiple creators.
That's from the official english release, so it's your run-of-the-mill translation mistake.

Also Ovy7 there's something I need to ask you anyway, but it's not about this topic, is there a way to DM someone here?

I'm not sure, but I've heard there is one....

So the scan that Ovy7 is using is falsely translated then? Because it clearly speaks of there being already multiple creators.
Also others have already reached the realm of the Creator, so another question for me is, where is it said that Maria won't lose herself?
It is mistranslated yes.

Wait, what scan you mean is falsly translated? The one I've posted with red background? If so, then yeah, that's a mistranslations and what I've posted with the Japanese text is the correct one.

Do I need to unlock any profile pages again so you can add more elaborate explanations and link to scans with evidence?

If you want to DM, I think you can click on his profile and click "Start conversation". I just tested now, and it seems to work fine.

Okay that clears up my confusion about it.
Now as for Maria, where does it say that she'll be on par with the Creator one day?
... in that scan, specifically this part:

その意味では、原初の魔女マリアは造物主となることを約束された、選ばれし少女なのかもしれない……。

In that sense, the Witch of Origins Maria may be the chosen girl who was promised to be the Creator.

Also, this bit in Ep7 (and there's another one in Ep3 or 4, can't remember):
k7LINtF.png

Do I need to unlock any profile pages again so you can add more elaborate explanations and link to scans with evidence?
Don't think there's any need too, as the Creator already has all the scans and explanations multiple times, in the AP section, the Note section, and in the Gallery section.

... in that scan, specifically this part:

その意味では、原初の魔女マリアは造物主となることを約束された、選ばれし少女なのかもしれない……。

In that sense, the Witch of Origins Maria may be the chosen girl who was promised to be the Creator.

Also, this bit in Ep7 (and there's another one in Ep3 or 4, can't remember):
k7LINtF.png
It really to me looks as if there are already multiple Creators at this point, based on the scan. Like it talks about "a Creator" and not "the Creator".

Maybe add scans for the whole Maria will become a creator thing in her page? I'm sure that would be useful, especially the scans you just posted.

Creator is used at plural several times (Bern and Lambda battle was said to be like 2 Creators fighting); however there's only one being known as such as of now.

If you want to DM, I think you can click on his profile and click "Start conversation". I just tested now, and it seems to work fine.
Only members with accounts here that are over 1 month old and have over 200 posts can use the DM/PM function, I think.

Don't think there's any need too, as the Creator already has all the scans and explanations multiple times, in the AP section, the Note section, and in the Gallery section.
Okay. Noted.

Yup, it's just to say that "Creators" is used as a figure of speech and doesn't refer to the being itself.

In Lambda and Bern case, it's also because Ange considered the witches of Senate as "witches we hardly differ from a god or Creator".

Yup, it's just to say that "Creators" is used as a figure of speech and doesn't refer to the being itself.

In Lambda and Bern case, it's also because Ange considered the witches of Senate as "witches we hardly differ from a god or Creator".
So a Creator wouldn't be that far higher than witch of the Great Senate, then?

>_>

....... that was also another metaphor to show how vastly above the Senate is compared to normal Witches, not to show how close the Senate is to the Creator.

What Ovy7 said.
What I mean is that it is used as a metaphor a lot of times, like how "god" is used for everyone and their grandmother.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but there's a tab that tells you which CRTs are active. You can see them by going to Home > Content Revisions.

Hmm, thinking about it, shouldn't the Sea of Oblivion be baseline High 1A as it's a void at the bottom of the 3rd Domain, beyond all of it's layers and expanse? Just asking...

Hmm, thinking about it, shouldn't the Sea of Oblivion be baseline High 1A as it's a void at the bottom of the 3rd Domain, beyond all of it's layers and expanse? Just asking...
Agreed.

High 1-A Truths and E9 soonTM.

Last edited:
I think it should just be 1-A+ here, the transcendence wouldn't be enough.
Although you can argue about how it can technically be considered the background of everythimg in WTC and make it go higher (pls don't)

IIRC, before when we only considered it extending to the Witch Domain we had the Sea of Oblivion rates as baseline 1A for it being beyond the expansions of the WD/Sea of Fragments layers, now we realize that Oblivion also encompasses the 3rd Domain, so the same as before still applies, but now on a higher scale. That's why I said it could be considered baseline High 1A.

Iirc the difference between being 1-A for enconmpassing Low 1-A is different from the one of being High 1-A via transcending 1-A+

Tho I was disagreeing for its 1-A too, since imo it's more of a "background or like reality original state than a true place encompassing things.

I think the Creator is more of a "reality's original state" (cause Sea of Zero and emanations and other shiet that would likely appear in Ciconia... maybe), but that would probably get a bit into headcanon territory lol

May I ask why we need "hidden poteinal" characters? Feathirne tier Beato and Maria simply doesn't exist.
Why give them "what if" keys?

Its like giving Gohan a 2-C tier simply because he is said to have the highest peak possible.

We do have more than one character with this kind of rating tho. Avatar of Calimity, Simbad or Rimuru have similar things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back