• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 1 Corruption isn't Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's say that we remove corruption type 1. In that case, type 2 becomes the new type 1, and type 3 becomes the new type 2. This can easily create massive problems during a revision, unless people keep exact track of which pages that have already been adjusted, and do not ever visit the same pages twice, because let's say that somebody changes type 2 corruption to type 1 in a page, and another member visits the page again, sees type 1 corruption and removes it entirely.

Well, let's say that we remove corruption type 1. In that case, type 2 becomes the new type 1, and type 3 becomes the new type 2. This can easily create massive problems during a revision, unless people keep exact track of which pages that have already been adjusted, and do not ever visit the same pages twice, because let's say that somebody changes type 2 corruption to type 1 in a page, and another member visits the page again, sees type 1 corruption and removes it entirely.
that's what I was thinking, I have currently have 2 pages opened and ready to change the type of corruption to the new ones, I am covering the below pages as long as they aren't locked, and yes I literally just hit the next 100 to get this list of pages I'm doing, if needed I can do another 100 pages.

Please don't do anything until we have enough volunteers and can properly organise this project.

Suggestions for how we can best organise it would be very appreciated.

Please don't do anything until we have enough volunteers and can properly organise this project.

Suggestions for how we can best organise it would be very appreciated.
you are very late on that, thankfully ive put off any changes for just being ready to push a button

my Organization skills are god awful, can't help there...

It may unfortunately be best if you revert your revisions so far in order to not cause widespread inaccuracies once this project is initiated.

i now have every edit readied for the list of 100 characters i posted, I currently can't do any more because I will lag if I do lol

i now have every edit readied for the list of 100 characters i posted, I currently can't do any more because I will lag if I do lol
Did you continue even though I explicitly told you to wait until we have a plan of approach, so nothing is messed up?

Well, we need more volunteers for this.

The current volunteers are:

1. Axxtentacle
2. Planck69
3. DaReaperMan

Once we get enough volunteers for this job, we can divide 100 pages per each of them to take care of. That should be doable.

Did you continue even though I explicitly told you to wait until we have a plan of approach, so nothing is messed up?
In technicality ive done (practically, still need to undo those three edits which I completely forgot about, they'll be gone in like 10 minutes) nothing yet, I could literally push a button and every tab I have opened for that goes away, which frankly I would rather be prepared to revise the current edits I have opened up where I know where the corruption is to revise them then start from scratch even though my potato i call a computer would thank me for it.

Edit: never mind the computer restarted lol

Edit 2: never mind it saved my crap

Last edited:
Well, we need more volunteers for this.

The current volunteers are:

1. Axxtentacle
2. Planck69
3. DaReaperMan

Once we get enough volunteers for this job, we can divide 100 pages per each of them to take care of. That should be doable.
Okay. That seems fine. Should we send notifications to several staff members to ask them if they are willing to help out?
In technicality ive done (practically, still need to undo those three edits which I completely forgot about, they'll be gone in like 10 minutes) nothing yet, I could literally push a button and every tab I have opened for that goes away, which frankly I would rather be prepared to revise the current edits I have opened up where I know where the corruption is to revise them then start from scratch even though my potato i call a computer would thank me for it.

Edit: never mind the computer restarted lol

Edit 2: never mind it saved my crap
Hmm. I do not think that your computer will save your progress so far for so many tabs.

I appreciate your willingness to help, but in the future, please wait until you get a go ahead.

Okay then, but you will still likely be assigned 100 specific pages to handle, according to the order that they are shown in the list that I linked to earlier, not random ones, if that is how you selected them.

Okay then, but you will still likely be assigned 100 specific pages to handle, according to the order that they are shown in the list that I linked to earlier, not random ones, if that is how you selected them.
I hit next 100 on that list and those were the ones I posted above and now below, the ones i don't have opened up right now are ones which either outright didn't have corruption or didn't have a specified type, which the ladder is basically everything in Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir which I for some reason got like 20 pages of for the verse, I did technically get my list randomly.
that's what I was thinking, I have currently have 2 pages opened and ready to change the type of corruption to the new ones, I am covering the below pages as long as they aren't locked, and yes I literally just hit the next 100 to get this list of pages I'm doing

But still natural corrupt is still a skill which while not a supernatural ability still could actually affect the fight (the chance is small though), we nuke this completely or move it to Social Influencing

Btw, the planned Social Influencing revision mentioned above wouldn't involve nuking it, right? Otherwise these changes would be a waste of time and effort.

Btw, I think the bot can replace words "Corruption (Type 2)" to "Corruption (Type 1)" and "Corruption (Type 3)" to "Corruption (Type 2)".
So we just need to get rid of the current Corruption (Type 1) and their justifications (if any) from the pages.

Btw, I think the bot can replace words "Corruption (Type 2)" to "Corruption (Type 1)" and "Corruption (Type 3)" to "Corruption (Type 2)".
So we just need to get rid of the current Corruption (Type 1) and their justifications (if any) from the pages.
well i can see why Ant said what he did, i only have like 2 profiles to edit now to outright remove the corruption due to it being type 1 lol

I hit next 100 on that list and those were the ones I posted above and now below, the ones i don't have opened up right now are ones which either outright didn't have corruption or didn't have a specified type, which the ladder is basically everything in Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir which I for some reason got like 20 pages of for the verse, I did technically get my list randomly.
It unfortunately seems best if you simply close all of those tabs to avoid messing things up then, but I would appreciate input from AKM.

Btw, the planned Social Influencing revision mentioned above wouldn't involve nuking it, right? Otherwise these changes would be a waste of time and effort.
I think that we should keep social influencing.

It unfortunately seems best if you simply close all of those tabs to avoid messing things up then, but I would appreciate input from AKM.
yeah, in that 100 due to AKM saying that a bot could handle it I only have like 1 page to edit in that 100 I posted, it being IT Movies Pennywise which has type 1 corruption

Self-explanatory CRT. This is literally just an application of Social Influencing.

• Type 1 — "Natural" Corruption: Despite what the name says, it's not natural as in it just happens in nature. Natural as in the opposite of supernatural, as in no powers are required for this. Users can use their words or actions to influence those who they are trying to corrupt. This method normally takes a lot of time and almost always results in a change in morals.
It's just slowly convincing someone with Social Influencing or manipulating them; This is absolutely not a power and is not "Corruption", it's only "Corruption" in a metaphorical sense.

TLDR: Nuke type 1 corruption entirely. Replace any application of such with Social Influencing.
Doesn't even sound like corruption, it's just social influencing

Yes, but we have already decided that. Now we need to apply it by finding editing volunteers.

Should we start a new thread that only focuses on the revision project in order to avoid misunderstandings and get more volunteers?

Well, it might help in order to get more interest in helping out with applying the revision, since it isn't currently self-evident from the first post.

This sounds like a ludicrously easy edit to make, just replace Type 1 Corruption with Social Influencing. Naturally, the only daunting part of this is the amount, but...

Yeah, I can try to pitch in here.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

@AKM sama

Do you think that we should start a new revision thread for this, and if so, would you be willing to organise it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back