• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 1 Corruption isn't Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be able to help out with a section on either a nights where I'm home from work or a day where I'm off work, which hopefully the new, more organized thread is made by that time.

Sorry, I'm busy with several future revisions to fix up some verses that need updates and the rest (majority) of my time is being used for real life issues.

This looks fine, main edits I can think of are:
This sounds like a ludicrously easy edit to make, just replace Type 1 Corruption with Social Influencing. Naturally, the only daunting part of this is the amount, but...
This, changing types 2 and 3 to now be 1 and 2 (which would involve changing all pages that have those types as well), and of course the category removal on those with just the social influencing.

I can pitch in whenever.

Big thanks to everybody who are willing to help out, and no problem to those who do not have the time available.

So sorry to spring this in the last second, but honestly speaking, wouldn’t it be easier to get rid of social influencing?

It seems less like an actual power than corruption. Unless I’m looking at this the wrong way.

Its more of a skill than a power, although few times users consider it to be a power (like what it happened with Heavy Weather).

Social Influencing is an ability like stealth mastery and other non-supernatural skills.

But it is noteworthy and encompasses a lot of applications, from the aforementioned corruption to distraction, seduction, deception, manipulation, make others change their mind or obtain their trust, lure them into something or just affecting them in some way through your words and behavior and so on. Even taming wild animals and inducing non-magical fear are listed as such.

I'm strictly against deleting it, for the many ways it can be used, in or outside of a battle, and because it is usually related to a character's intelligence.

Last edited:
Social Influencing is an ability like stealth mastery and other non-supernatural skills.

But it is noteworthy and encompasses a lot of applications, from the aforementioned corruption to distraction, seduction, deception, manipulation, make others change their mind or obtain their trust, lure them into something or just affecting them in some way through your words and behavior and so on. Even taming wild animals and inducing non-magical fear are listed as such.

I'm strictly against deleting it, for the many ways it can be used, in or outside of a battle, and because it is usually related to a character's intelligence.
Yep. Corruption type 1 is one of the applications of it.

I have to agree with DDM. Type 1 seems more like a different use of Social Influencing, which I'm also against deleting the page.

Anyway, can somebody list all of the people who have volunteered to help out with applying this revision project please?

I can volunteer, also.

I think the List is:
1. Axxtentacle
2. Planck69
3. DaReaperMan
4. Starter Pack
5. Abstractions
6. DarkDragonMedeus
7. Duedate8898
8. Elizhaa

Thank you very much for the help to you and the others. It is very appreciated.

@AKM sama

Do we have a sufficient amount of volunteers now? If so, we need a plan of approach/proper instructions for this to not screw up the accuracy of the pages in question.

There are currently 1401 pages that link to Corruption. So if there are 8 volunteers, each one will have to handle 175 pages. I can make a list for each one of you.

There's another thing, though. Ant thinks that people don't write types of corruption in a consistent manner, especially when a character has more than one type of corruption or there is some explanation text involved, which will likely not be handled by the bot efficiently. So he thinks that it's better that everyone handles all of the tasks, that is, removing type 1 and altering the order of other types, in all the pages manually.

What do you think about this @Elizhaa ?

AKM told me in private that he is willing and able to make additional adjustments with his bot after you are all done with your assigned tasks, and as long as he is able to handle that much work, I trust his sense of judgement.

I am fine with 175 pages per volunteer; the plan looks fine.

AKM told me in private that he is willing and able to make additional adjustments with his bot after you are all done with your assigned tasks, and as long as he is able to handle that much work, I trust his sense of judgement.
  • Sounds good.

Well, if I have understood AKM's plan correctly, the volunteers would simply remove Corruption Type 1 from all of their assigned pages (along with the "Corruption Users" category in the cases when the Corruption ability is completely removed). After that has all been finished, he will change type 2 to type 1 and type 3 to type 2 with his Bot.

Is that correct AKM?

Okay, we have 9 volunteers so I have divided them in 4 groups:

Group 1:
@Axxtentacle
@Abstractions

Group 2:
@Planck69
@Starter_Pack

Group 3:
@DaReaperMan
@DarkDragonMedeus

Group 4:
@Duedate8898
@Elizhaa
@QuasiYuri

If you encounter any page that is locked for you, keep a list of those pages with the exact names, and once you are finished with your other pages, send that list to the admin in your group so they can use the mass protect function to unlock them. After you're done editing them, inform the admin again so they can lock them back.

Each person will be assigned 156 pages. You need to go through those pages and

a) If the page only has Corruption (Type 1) or Resistance to Corruption (Type 1), you need to remove it, and also remove the corruption category from the page.

b) If the page has multiple types of corruption or resistances to it, you only need to remove Type 1 and leave the other types unchanged.

c) If the page has Corruption but not Type 1, don't make any changes.

Once all the changes are made by you guys, I will use my bot to edit all the pages using the find and replace function. The changes I will make will be as follows:

[[Corruption]] (Type 2 --> [[Corruption]] (Type 1
[[Corruption]] (Type 3 --> [[Corruption]] (Type 2
[[Corruption]] (Types 2 and 3 --> [[Corruption]] (Types 1 and 2
[[Corruption]] (Types 2, 3 --> [[Corruption]] (Types 1, 2
[[Corruption]] (Types 2, and 3 --> [[Corruption]] (Types 1, and 2
[[Corruption]] (Types 2 & 3 --> [[Corruption]] (Types 1 & 2

These are the most common ways in which people generally list the ability and its type. But it can be inconsistent. So if you encounter any pages that has it listed in any other way, you should edit it to match the above accordingly so the bot doesn't miss it. The first three options are preferable.

I hope I am not missing something and everybody is able to understand their roles. I will send the distributed list of pages shortly if you're all ready.

I think that Fandom is up again now. Or at least it worked when I checked 5 minutes ago.

I am distributing the pages now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back