• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiple Selves thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to discussion, of changing "Multiple personalities" to "Multiple selves", I decided to make a thread where people can help to others, mods in particular with finding character with multiple selves having "multiple personalities" on profile and if capable to, helping with decision of type of Multiple selves.

I would like also to introduce those types:

Type 1: Multiple selves in mind.

Type 2: Multiple selves in soul.

Type 3: Multiple selves in organic.

Thanks in advance for everyone who would help with changes.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this thread, but would know now.

Off of the top of my head.

All the Jinchuriki from Naruto.
All the Fusions in Dragon Ball.
Ben 10 with the Celestialsapiens.

I will be afk for awhile, but you can check which pages link to the Multiple Personalities page.

I will also change the name and apply the types later today.

Bubaigawara / Twice has Type 1 Multiple Selves.
Diavolo & Vinegar Doppio are Type 2.
Kevin Wendell Crumb would have Type 1.

Using the categories (there is a duplicate one):

1. Alien X
  2. Android 21
  3. André Bourgeois
  4. Angel/Angelus
  5. Ataru Moroboshi
  6. Aurora (Marvel Comics)
  7. Avenger (Demon King Nobunaga)
  8. Ayer
  9. Bakura Ryou (Anime)
  10. Bazim-Gorag the Firebringer
  11. Beta (Inazuma Eleven)
  12. Blitztank
  13. Blitzwing (Transformers Animated)
  14. Brunhilde (Valkyria Revolution)
  15. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  16. Captain Underpants
  17. Carnage (Marvel Comics)
  18. Catwoman (2004 Movie)
  19. Cavendish (One Piece)
  20. Celestialsapiens
  21. Chimera (Dungeons and Dragons)
  22. Chloe O’Bell (Web Novel)
  23. Cortana
  24. Daredevil (Marvel Comics)
  25. Devastator (G1 Cartoon)
  26. Diavolo
  27. Doctor Polaris (Post-Crisis)
  28. Doomsday (Smallville)
  29. Dr. Henry Jekyll (Horrorclix)
  30. Elisa Celjska
  31. Elise (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  32. Ettin
  33. Evil Ryu
  34. Fantomex (Marvel Comics)
  35. Fortuna
  36. Fubuki Shirou
  37. Gabriel (Gabriel Dropout)
  38. Gaia (Baki)
  39. Galactic Gladiator
  40. Gambit
  41. Geary (Crash Bandicoot)
  42. Gene (The Emoji Movie)
  43. Ghost Dog
  44. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes - Marvel Comics)
  45. Goku (Dragonball Evolution)
  46. Gollum
  47. Green Goblin (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)
  48. Hantengu
  49. Hewdraw
  50. Homer Simpson
  51. Homura Akemi (Magia Record)
  52. Hosuke Sharaku
  53. Hulk (1970s)
  54. Hulk (Marvel Comics)
  55. Hydra (Dungeons and Dragons)
  56. Hydra (Godzilla)
  57. Ichigo Kurosaki (Post-Timeskip)
  58. Ichigo Kurosaki (Pre-Timeskip)
  59. Ichihoshi Hikaru
  60. Iwakura Lain
  61. J. Robert Oppenheimer (Super Science Friends)
  62. Jahy
  63. Janus (Nightmares of Alamir)
  64. Jesse Faden
  65. Jio Freed
  66. Johan (Sekien no Inganock)
  67. Kamen Rider Cross-Z Build
  68. Kamen Rider Cross-Z Evol
  69. Kamen Rider Den-O
  70. Kamen Rider Drive
  71. Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
  72. Kamen Rider Sasword
  73. Kamen Rider Zeronos
  74. Kamen Rider Zi-O Trinity
  75. Keena Soga
  76. Kenichi Shirahama
  77. Killer B
  78. King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse)
  79. Konno Yuki
  80. Kotonoha Nanase
  81. Launch (Dragon Ball)
  82. Legion (Marvel Comics)
  83. Legion (Mass Effect)
  84. Luck Voltia
  85. Lucy (Elfen Lied)
  86. Magical Girl (Jahy-sama Won't Be Discouraged!)
  87. Magik (Marvel Comics)
  88. Mahiru Banba
  89. Maki Sonomura
  90. Marik Ishtar (Anime)
  91. Melissa
  92. Merkava
  93. Mister Negative
  94. Moka Akashiya
  95. Moon Knight (Marvel Comics)
  96. Naruto Uzumaki (Part II: Pre-War Arc)
  97. Naruto Uzumaki (Part II: War Arc)
  98. Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  99. New Goblin (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)
  100. Oriko Mikuni
  101. Panda King
  102. Pandora (Persona)
  103. Penelope
  104. Pinwheel
  105. Platinum the Trinity
  106. Pyra (Xenoblade)
  107. Rai Batenkaitos
  108. Raiden (Metal Gear)
  109. Raven (Teen Titans)
  110. Reiner Braun
  111. Ren Suzugamori
  112. Rider (Ivan the Terrible)
  113. Rikuni Takuto
  114. Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel)
  115. Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel)
  116. Rinko Jerrard
  117. Roger Smith
  118. Roi Alphard
  119. Roy Han
  120. Ryou Bakura (Manga)
  121. Ryougi Shiki
  122. Saechika Hachiouji
  123. Sakura Haruno
  124. Sam Winchester
  125. Satella (Re:Zero)
  126. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  127. Seiso Hazakura
  128. Senya
  129. Seven
  130. Shakugan
  131. Shallan Davar
  132. She-Hulk
  133. Shigeo Kageyama
  134. Shinobu Sensui
  135. Shiro (Deadman Wonderland)
  136. Sho Minazuki
  137. Slinky Dog (Toy Story)
  138. Snake of Clearing Eyes
  139. Springheel Jack (Strawberry Spring)
  140. Starbeard
  141. Sui (Darwin's Game)
  142. Suzumi Kuzu
  143. Takahisa Tajima
  144. The Ellimist
  145. The Horde
  146. The Law of Identity
  147. The Lizard (Marvel Comics)
  148. Tira
  149. Tomura Shigaraki
  150. Torque
  151. Tsubasa Hanekawa
  152. Tsubasa Hanekawa (Magia Record)
  153. Twice
  154. Two-Face (Arkham Series)
  155. Two-Face (Post-Crisis)
  156. Typhoid Mary (Marvel Comics)
  157. Utsuro
  158. Venom (Edward Brock)
  159. Vivid Blue
  160. Vivid Green
  161. Vivid Red
  162. Vivid Yellow
  163. Yamata no Orochi (Godzilla: Rage Across Time)
  164. Yasaka Fuuri
  165. Yugi Muto (Anime)
  166. Yugi Muto (Manga)
  167. Yuuki Kagurazaka (Web Novel)
  168. Yuya Sakaki (Anime)
  169. Yuya Sakaki (Manga)
  170. Zennon (Original)

So basically we do a quick scan for pages not included in the lists above, and then divide the work?

Since "Multiple Personalities" is becoming "Multiple Selves", several characters would lose the power:
  • Alastor (Hazbin Hotel)—his Multiple Personalities came from his shadow being sentient and his microphone being an extension of himself.
  • Roger Smith—all of his personas are just characters that he made up.
  • New Goblin (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy)—he has multiple personalities, but not multiple minds or souls or organisms inhabiting his body.
  • The Lizard (Marvel Comics)—same as above.
  • Android 21—same as above.
  • Launch (Dragon Ball)—same as above.
  • Shigeo Kageyama—same as above.
  • The Horde—same as above.
  • Twice—Jin does not have multiple minds, his mind is just fractured.
  • Revolver Ocelot—I've never actually played the MGS games, but I've watched videogamedunkey's recap of the storyline and from what I've gathered, Revolver Ocelot does not actually have Multiple Selves, he just conditioned himself into believing he had multiple minds.
As for characters who retain their power but have a Type attributed to them:
  • Diavolo, Type 2—The souls of Diavolo and Vinegar Doppio inhabit one body.
  • Izuku Midoriya (Deku), Types 1 and 2—The minds and the of the previous users of One For All exist within Izuku.
  • Majin Buu (Chou), Types 1, 2, and 3—The Grand Supreme Kai literally exists inside of him, and Buu can become him on a whim.
  • Tomura Shigaraki, Type 1—All For One's mind exists within Tomura.
  • Moka Akashiya, Types 1, 2, and 3—Inner Moka is Moka's true self, and Outer Moka is actually her mother Akasha inside of the rosario.
Unfortunately, those are the only characters I know.

If everyone is fine with it, I can remove the ability and category from those characters listed up above who need it removed.

Btw Raz's psycho portal abilities justification contains multiple personalities, it can be changed into multiple selves type 1 (He can directly "delete" a second person from person's mind).

1. Satella (Re:Zero)- Type 1 (Absorbing the Envy Witch Factor caused the creation of the Witch of Envy personality who is different from Satella, Satella being kind, caring etc, Envy being possessive and chaotic)
  2. Kousaka Haruka- Type 1 (Basically due to being a shy and timid person, she wanted to be someone who is confident, her powers which turns her fantasies into reality, created her other personality, who actually is more competent at using their powers.)
  3. Tatewaki Shouko -Type 2 (She is being possessed by a dead person)

I've updated the page and placed some examples, one more for types 2 and 3 would be useful.

The image also needs to be changed, but we can deal with it later.

I've updated the page and placed some examples, one more for types 2 and 3 would be useful.

The image also needs to be changed, but we can deal with it later.
Ryuko can be good type 3 example I think.
Don't know about type 2 stuff.
Image as example can maybe used this scene, but this is just suggestion.

Also, thank you to everyone who is helping and will help from now on.

Just a thing, iirc characters with multiple personalities are still included as multiple minds as long as this gives them something relevant in form of superpowers.

I will start working more on this tomorrow.

Btw, how do we handle the categories? We merge the current one and then rename it, if it's possible?

@Oleggator Nice catch, Ryujo is really a good example, I've added her.

Ryomen Sukuna reincarnated through Yuji Itadori's body, and that would qualify for Type 2, but he does not have a page yet.
Amon bonded with Akira Fudo and became a part of his body, which is Type 3.

• Roi_Alphard and Rai_Batenkaitos- Type 1 (Eat people's name and memories then remake their bodies like those people, which their sister Louis/Rui controls)
  • M-Type 1? (Took over James Moriarty body, causing his personality to split in 2, Baron who rejects tomorrow and M, who searches for someone who doesn't give up)
@SamanPatou What exactly does relevant in terms of superpower mean for the qualifications? Satella's multiple selves came from a superpower, but it doesn't really give her any superpowers, i mean she gets the authority of envy, i guess that counts, though both personalities should be able to use that.

Kousaka Haruka i think is fine since her other personality actually is mentioned to be smarter and more competent at using her powers, as for M, the only real difference between M and Baron are their roles, they have the same powers.

@SamanPatou What exactly does relevant in terms of superpower mean for the qualifications? Satella's multiple selves came from a superpower, but it doesn't really give her any superpowers, i mean she gets the authority of envy, i guess that counts, though both personalities should be able to use that.
Afaik stuff like body modifications, superpowers, particular abilities (even not supernatural) and so on.

This to differentiate from characters who naturally have the disease and those who can gain something extraordinary because of it being fiction.

I don't know about Satella, but the root is if it's something she has or has developed naturally or got via something magical and such.

The main thing is avoid addressing a power or special ability something that is naturally a disease, unless the characters can get something special out of it, I you get what I mean.

Characters who have or have developed them with external or magical influence should be fine.

If it's just a difference between having the disease naturally, and gaining something due to fiction, then M is fine. Baron and M were formed due to M possessing James, it caused a split literally in terms of personality and a physical one, Baron can switch with M's body, but he also normal is operating in separate body away from M.

In short, same body in 2 different locations, with 2 different personalities, one who feels nothing, looking for someone to not give up, the other being a jester who mocks humanity.

As for Satella, she was the original personality, the Witch of Envy persona is like below average in intellect, she is said to not understand language, while Satella is normal, if anything she lost something from it, though she got to be the one of the most powerful character in Re Zero cause of absorbing the Factor and gaining that Witch personality, so she is cool too i guess.

I need inputs for the following characters and how their multiple selves powers, and I'm going to call some knowledgeable people on each series (I don't need to tag two times people who are knowleadgeable on multiple series, I guess)

Also, remember that some characters may not qualify, as stated in the previous messages.

Gambit, Savage She Hulk, Daredevil, Living Tribunal (I think it's type 1 for the latter, but I'm unsure): @WeeklyBattles @Elizhaa @Antvasima

Shinobu Sensui: @DarkDragonMedeus @TISSG7Redgrave @Soldier_Blue

All Naruto(s), Minato, Killer B, Gaara, Sakura likely other Naruto characters: @KingTempest @DemonGodMitchAubin

Raiden (Metal Gear) I know it's type 1 from Jack the Ripper, but I don't know in which point of the story he developes him, I don't remember him having JtR in MGS2, but I havent't played MGS4 yet: @Armorchompy @SpookyShadow

Revolver Ocelot: Same people for Raiden

Sora. I know the heart is different from the mind and the soul, thus I don't know which type of Multiple Selves fits Sora (and Ventus' heart should also be mentioned on the profile, I guess): @Bobsican

Soldies (TF2): @Da_Lunge_Fish @Abstractions

Ling Yao: @Migue79 @TheRustyOne @Matthew_Schroeder

Nia Teppelin: @BluudyManikin777

Black Rock Shooter (Anime): @Newendigo @ShadowWarrior1999

Kalista and Varus: @WeeklyBattles

Last edited:
Sakura doesn't qualify.

The Jinchuriki from Naruto should be Type 1, 2 and 3.

Last edited:
I think Goetia qualify for all type. He's conglomeration of 72 Demon god Pillar.
Can you give me a more accurate description, or do you think this is already self-explanatory for people who know the series, even to a limited extent?

@Damage3245 Same question for the Naruto guys and their Jinchuriki

Yeah it's self-explanatory for people who know the series.

His personality is explain in his profile in typemoon wiki.
Since he has King Solomon as a base, his personality is intellectual (albeit frightening). That being said, as he is the aggregate-body of the 72 demons, his personality・disposition amounts to 72. Because he is an individual and a colony, whenever talking to others, a “demon” resembling the other party comes to surface. This is the reason why Goetia’s disposition is evaluated as that of a “mirror”.

Rimuru Tempest (Light Novel) gets Type 1 in his second key.
Gobta (Light Novel) gets All Types with Magic Wolf Transformation, he fuses with Ranga and turns into a werewolf, with both consciousness cooperating in battle. Likewise, Ranga (Light Novel) gets the same ability as well. They previously did not have Multiple Personalities in their page, and it's only when they fuse.

Last edited:
I need inputs for the following characters and how their multiple selves powers, and I'm going to call some knowledgeable people on each series (I don't need to tag two times people who are knowleadgeable on multiple series, I guess)

Also, remember that some characters may not qualify, as stated in the previous messages.

Gambit, Savage She Hulk, Daredevil, Living Tribunal (I think it's type 1 for the latter, but I'm unsure): @WeeklyBattles @Elizhaa @Antvasima
I do not think that current Gambit and Daredevil have multiple selves.

The current version of the the She-Hulk seems to have several minds/personalities, as does The Living Tribunal.

Raiden (Metal Gear) Jack the Ripper was introduced in Revengance, but the persona is something he created when he was a child soldier, and has been suppressing during MGS2 and MGS4. So I think throughout is fine.
Revolver Ocelot comes from the Liquid Ocelot persona. Revolver claims that he has been possessed by Liquid Ocelot (psychic powers and possession are a thing in the verse), but it is revealed that Ocelot was faking it, and the persona was created through hypnosis, drugs, and nanomachines. So Type 1.

Sakura doesn't qualify.
Inner Sakura has been described as an additional different psyche in Sakura's mind, though it disappeared mid-way through part 1, and only makes a single appearance in the beginning of part 2.
0073-013.png
0073-014.png
0250-016.png

Inner Sakura has been described as an additional different psyche in Sakura's mind, though it disappeared mid-way through part 1, and only makes a single appearance in the beginning of part 2.

It's still not a separate mind, it's a split personality at best.

Split personality are allowed as long as they grant something significant to the character, and in this case it seems that allowed Sakura to resist some mind hax shenanigan, correct me if I'm wrong.

The whole point is that split personalities are can be mentioned if they allow the character to achieve something special.

They don't qualify if this second personality just exists by itself, in that case it's just pointing out their condition.

@ShadowWhoWalks Does Liquid Ocelot give or grant something special or notable to Revolver Ocelot, outside of sheer characterization? If it is just there, it can't be mentioned as a power/ability.

It could be mentioned in the summary or somewhere else, like in the name section perhaps, but not within Powers&Abilities.

To rephrase the whole thing, we must draw the line between the situation where a character has just a split personality illness (disease was the wrong word, and I'm still unsure about illness) and when it is actually used for special powers, resistances and such.

We can't label an illness as a power just because it exists, but for the indexing purposes of the wiki we are allowed to do it when this applies to the characters' abilities and powers in a meaningful way, because it's fiction.

Take blindness as an example; it would be offensive and useless to list it as a power for no reason, but when a character is able to to obtain super senses and more because or as a consequence of it, then we can list it.

Or even characters with a prosthesis, we can't call it cyborgization or else out of nothing, but we can list is as a power when said prosthesis is a weapon or a special machine (Guts from Berserk, Jax from Mortal Kombat) or gives something else (Like Erza from Fairy Tail, who can resist illusion magic because of her artificial eye).

To rephrase the whole thing, we must draw the line between the situation where a character has just a split personality illness (disease was the wrong word, and I'm still unsure about illness) and when it is actually used for special powers, resistances and such.

We can't label an illness as a power just because it exists, but for the indexing purposes of the wiki we are allowed to do it when this applies to the characters' abilities and powers in a meaningful way, because it's fiction.
Agreed. We should try to avoid being offensive and inconsiderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back