• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Type 1 Corruption isn't Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-explanatory CRT. This is literally just an application of Social Influencing.

• Type 1 — "Natural" Corruption: Despite what the name says, it's not natural as in it just happens in nature. Natural as in the opposite of supernatural, as in no powers are required for this. Users can use their words or actions to influence those who they are trying to corrupt. This method normally takes a lot of time and almost always results in a change in morals.
It's just slowly convincing someone with Social Influencing or manipulating them; This is absolutely not a power and is not "Corruption", it's only "Corruption" in a metaphorical sense.

TLDR: Nuke type 1 corruption entirely. Replace any application of such with Social Influencing.

Some threads I've noticed, Ant asks for something, to move along the conversation, and then the thread just dies

agreed, I have a page to edit myself if this goes through to replace "Types 2 and 3" with "All Types"

I was fine with the changes and still fine with the changes. Antvasima thought the changes weren't worth it from the edits because of the large number of profiles affected, in the past.
I guess it would be a good idea to get Antvasima's inputs.

@Antvasima, what do you think about the thread's topic?

Last edited:
I mean, it's a lot of work that would have to be done, but it's definitely more accurate than having Social Influencing be a type of Corruption. If it has to go on hold till other wiki-wide projects are done, then so be it, but it definitely is a change that needs to be made.

I mean, it's a lot of work that would have to be done, but it's definitely more accurate than having Social Influencing be a type of Corruption. If it has to go on hold till other wiki-wide projects are done, then so be it, but it definitely is a change that needs to be made.

Should Social Influencing get types? There are differences between convincing someone to raise their hands in the air to give power to a Spirit Bomb, than to corrupting them with words

I agree as well, even though I acknowledge the amount of work that would follow this.

Social influencing shouldn't get types, there are too many applications of it and you can't reliably split them into specific types.

Well, the type 1 corruption pages would need to have it removed, and the other types to have their numbers updated. We would also have to properly organise the work so no mistakes are made, or at least as few as possible.

@AKM sama

Would you be willing to help out with the organisation?

Yeah, I agree with the CRT.
Honestly, I've been planning to make a CRT for Social Influencing for awhile now. It annoys me how we treat it like a hax, even though it depends a lot more on characterization than that.
I and many other people have a problem with that too. I remember @Moritzva also planning to make a thread about it.

Personally, the power of Corruption (actually its name) its misleading: the tradicional meaning of corruption its to eode/pervert ones morality and integrity, but the description of the power refer more to turn you into another being. Would be more fitting if its called Convertion, and if it turns ythe character "bad" (or even "good") then it would have Morality Manipulation as secondary power.

Independently of my comment about Corruption, yes, type 1 its basically Persuasion.

Well, this seems to have been accepted then, but it also needs to be organised in such a manner that it can be applied properly.

As such it seems best to first remove type 1 corruption from all of the almost 1100 pages linked to above, and then go through them again after everybody are finished with their parts of the workload, to change the numbers of the other types of corruption. Otherwise, there will be constant mix-ups regarding which characters that have what types, and as such should have it removed or renumbered.

Thank you. Would somebody be willing to properly organise this work after we have a sufficient number of volunteers?

Doesn't look like the bot can help with this. So we need 11 volunteers at least for 1100 pages.

Thank you for helping out.

As I mentioned, we need instructions for a plan of approach here though, in order to avoid messing things up a lot, and I am not sure if the ones I came up with above are good enough.

well, i just look at the types of corruption and put "All types" for the ones currently with types 2 and 3 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back