• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TSSDK (LN) Revision: How many slime CRT has been made this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a mistake in the Yen Press translation by the way.

The line that mentions "cells" is this:

Ú¡öµ│òÒü½ÒéêÒéèµôìÒéëÒéîÒüƒÚ£èÕ¡ÉÒüîÒÇü Õ»¥Þ▒íÒü«þ┤░Þâ×ÒüïÒéëÚ¡éÒü¥ÒüºÒéÆÞüûÒü¬ÒéïÕèøÒüºÕ«îÕ࿵Âêµ╗àÒüòÒüøÒéïÒÇé

This doesn't sound like it mentions "completely annihilates any souls and cells", but rather sounds more like "completely annihilates everything from cells to souls".

Note that this line comes not too long after the readers were introduced to the 4-aspect-body concept of, from innermost to outermost: Soul -> Astral Body -> Spiritual Body -> Material Body with a very explicit mention of "there is nothing further inner-most than a soul".

In other words this wasn't a list of things that are mentioned to be affected individually but rather a "from-to" scale.

Also another reminder that Disintegration in the raws is called Ú£èÕ¡ÉÕ┤®Õúè´╝êÒâçÒéúÒé╣ÒéñÒâ│ÒâåÒé░Òâ¼Òâ╝ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│), with the Kanji saying "Spirit Particle Decay", equivalent to the corresponding term in physics but with "spirit" particles instead.

Skills are abstract nobody ever denied that, what we want here is proof, not extrapolations or assumptions but direct proof that says ultimate skills are conceptual, "conceptual intelligence" isn't enough show me "ultimate skills are concepts".

The only definition of it we have gotten so far says they are devices which give access to the ultimate principles of the world, they can't be those principles.

We can't just give out these sorts of abilities without sufficient proof, and i am not see it atm.

About disintegration though, i agree with existence erasure with the further explanations given.

"The request, delivered in Hinata's beautiful voice, was granted. The resulting show of force was literally divine, enough to crush all physical and spiritual presences within its defined space. It was the ultimate in targeted, destructive magic, emitting flashes of white light as it poured from Hinata's hands to the circle. It sped out at thousands of miles per hour, almost at light speed, as its holy power made cells and souls vanish without a trace. It was more than enough to make the Glutton disappear, not affecting the space around it at all."

"completely annihilates everything from cells to souls" is more fits to the context since its stated to crush all physcal and spiritual presence, and i don't see any words "and" in the raw scan.

Melt slash is just Hinata applying disintegration to her sword, and Rimuru can regen from that, so regardless, his regen is indeed mid-godly.

And i do agree with the characters having concept manipulation, i just disagree with ultimate skills themselves being concepts.

Well there is the "True Dragon" Ultimate Skill, e.g. Ultiamte Skill Veldora. Would Veldora himself be an "Ultimate principle of the world" in that case?

But that aside, do you mean to say that "the thing that was slashed by Hinata's Meltslash is conceptual, but the thing inscribed into Rimuru's soul (the skill) that created that is not"?

Melt slash didn't slash anything conceptual, it destroyed a skill, which is indeed an abstract thing but just because it's abstract doesn't mean it's a concept; ideas, possibilities etc are all abstract but they aren't concepts.

What i am saying with ultimate skills is that they give access to the ultimate principles, but they aren't those principles, destroying an ultimate skill =/= destroying the ultimate principles.

The ultimate principles would presumably be what the skills are named after, ie Beelzebub, Lord of Gluttony, would give access to Gluttony, obviously, Raphael, Lord of Wisdom, would be wisdom, by that logic, Veldora, Lord of Storm would give access to storm.

So basically Veldora himself would be an abstract thing which gives access to the ultimate principle of storm.

Skills can't actually "come out" though. Gluttony needed a clone to "possess" like Great Sage did with Rimuru's main body but it's ultimately more of an abstract thing. But what Rimuru did in vol. 7 was different. There was an actual manifestation of something that absorbed stuff and was linked to the actual skill to be affected by Meltslash's space-time effect, yet somehow still able to block it from reaching Rimuru.

Or to put it another way, even if what you say is true, is the thing that Hinata slashed actually the Ultimate Skill, or was the Ultimate Skill just "collateral damage", while the actual target that got hit was directly related to the principle rather than the device instead?

Melt slash destroyed Beelzebub when It was activated its Conceptual absorption means its destroyed the "devices" along with its "principles" and principles of the worlds isnt necessarily type 3 concepts manip tho.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
If it's principles of the world, as in the entire universe (assuming that's what world means) isn't that Type 2? Just asking, I can't tell.
Nah, if the concepts is governt reality its means type 3, type 2 is governt all of reality, i.e. Multiverse in most Cases.

Well it's seems we agree that Spirit Particles is EE and Rimuru should have Mid-Godly because he can regenerate with that. I'm gonna add those + adding more justification to Rimuru's abilities which isn't properly explained in his profile.

I think the only thing left to discuss is the Ultimate Skill stuff, the Uriel blocking Trinity Disintegration and the what combat speed to those who have Thought Acceleration

From what I read, it doesn't powernull but make characters such as human sick in the verse.

Actually should Rimuru have resistance to EE via Uriel for block Trinity Disintegration? >It seems like it.

As for the Radiation part: Here's the discussion about it in case someone forgot

>For what I read and remembers, radiation manipulation never powernull anyone. In both LN and Wn, it can make people sick; in the LN, it looks it also can make monsters sick. The powernull of monster that I remember was discussed was from the Holy/magic Barrier that covered Tempest not radiation manipulation.

I think it is more effect of being affected by the radiation-like effect.

IIRC it was a scan that mentioned something about Rimuru "ripping holes in space-time", but IIRC that includes the time before True Demon Lord awakening, it's just STATED after the fact.

Should have been stated somewhere around the time where Rimuru's group is picked up by Mizeri for Walpurgis in LN vol. 6 (Yen Press version).

NeoSuperior said:
IIRC it was a scan that mentioned something about Rimuru "ripping holes in space-time", but IIRC that includes the time before True Demon Lord awakening, it's just STATED after the fact.
Should have been stated somewhere around the time where Rimuru's group is picked up by Mizeri for Walpurgis in LN vol. 6 (Yen Press version).
I saw it. It is implied that Space travel was the reason why he could have done so from the reading the earlier LN translation and WN where spatial abilities like "Spacial Transfer Gate creation" can create distortion crack in space-time (Chapter 103). I am neutral now.

Well no one has responded to this for startsers.

"As for the speed rating, that's because the current rating essentially has Rimuru's combat speed scale from his Thought Acceleration in a roundabout way."

Hmm my suggestion will be FTL combat speed base and MFTL+ combat speed with Thought Acceleration scaling to Demon Lords (Except Clayman, Frey and Karion), Diablo and Hinata

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Hmm my suggestion will be FTL combat speed base and MFTL+ combat speed with Thought Acceleration scaling to Demon Lords (Except Clayman, Frey and Karion), Diablo and Hinata
I agree. I think we suggested and agree with this option already but I guess a thread was never made on it.

Yes that's what I proposed too back when I brought it up. Well unless anyone disagrees with it, that's settled then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back