• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TSSDK (LN) Revision: How many slime CRT has been made this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird to me, everyone has magic sense, using that as a justification for FTL doesn't work.

The mention of being beyond Fritz understanding even with his magic sense is Rimuru in full on battle mode with Mind Accelerate.

There is no basis for Rimuru's or Diablo's base being FTL.

Also since when did Ruminas have Mind Accelerate? Don't remember that being stated.

Well Though Acceleration doesn't increase Rimuru's combat speed, so why would the battle beyond what Fritz' magic sense could even pick up (not what he could react to) not be a justification for that?

Although ultimately I'm neutral on whether or not they're FTL, as long as the MFTL+ gets removed.

Hmm it's kinda weird for sure, maybe we can just remove the base speed and only put MFTL+ combat speed to those who scale to Rimuru with Mind Accelerate x1,000,000. Their base speed is unknown and those who have Mind Accel always has it activated in battle so it's kinda unnecessary I think to put their base speed now that I think about it

@WHYNAUT It's currently listed on their profiles as combat speed and the justification for that is being beyond Frtiz understanding, which is what's weird to me.

The justification for their base is that they have magic sense.

I still think it's combat speed since Rimuru can cast a spell that takes a day in 1/10th of a second according during the Clayman fight and he even have a conversation with Raphael while in the middle of Melt Slash.

FTL in Base based off them having magic sense is just plain wrong, if it's accepted that Mind Acceleration is combat speed, the characters should be At least Relativistic in Base for being superior to before, and MFTL+ with Mind Acceleration.

Characters who are naturally that fast with no boost ie Hinata would just plain be MFTL+.

Hmm I think we should put it as perception speed because reaction speed sounds wrong to me.

I agree with Relativistic speed as their base speed and those who have Mind Acceleration will be MFTL+ (Benimaru, Hakurou, Shuna, etc.). As for the Relativistic, Shizu doesn't have any thought amp so 1st key Rimuru and 1st Hakurou will boost their perception speed rating by a thousand times with Hasten Thought

Celestial Pegasus said:
FTL in Base is just plain wrong, if it's accepted that Mind Acceleration is combat speed, the characters should be At least Relativistic in Base for being superior to before, and MFTL+ with Mind Acceleration.
Characters who are naturally that fast with no boost ie Hinata would just plain be MFTL+.
Your proposed rating works.

Just to be clear, we're talking about MFTL+ perception, right? Because again, Rimuru never physically moved at those speeds.

There are only 2 options what i said above is option 1, which is based on accepting Mind Acceleration as combat speed.

Option 2 would be it's not combat speed and just perception, in this case the characters (Rimuru, Hinata and Diablo) would actually be FTL since Rimuru's battle was beyond Fritz's magic sense, and Rimuru and Diablo will have MFTL+ perception speed.

Well I wouldn't just put "MFTL+ Attack Speed", since not all his attacks are that fast. Either note which attacks are that fast or, if there's too many of them, put "MFTL+ Attack Speed with specific attacks" and then note this in his A&T section.

Which attacks exactly are MFTL+? If it's idk a sword attack or something, Hinata kept up with those, and Rimuru kept up with her, and this who distinction between perception and attack speed is redundant, since it's obviously combat speed.

From what I notice, after checking back the LN, it should be MFTL+ Reaction Speed not attack speed because even with Mind Accel on, Rimuru could not dodge Melt Slash and instead had to use Uriel as sacrificed when he thought he was going to die

I believe it was argued Melt Slash is still MFTL+ for example, although I don't remember how valid this is.

Well I don't even know where boosting the speed of attacks with mind accelerate comes from, since it's just supposed to speed up thoughts and perception.

Honestly I think we should just put it as MFTL+ perception speed and nothing else since Rimuru can just reduce the time with Chant Exemption and All of All

LN Volume 7- Chapter 5

Now everything was ready. Her sword contained the strongest magic possible now, and there was nothing it couldn't slash through.

"Are you ready for this?"

"Bring it!"

"Here we go… Meltslash!!"

Hinata, a glowing orb of light, lunged for Rimuru.

A bright light. Not the glint of a sword, but her entire body, with shiny particles shooting out of it, as she advanced at a superhuman speed that went way beyond what I expected.

The sword she wielded had the power to dispel and evaporate all types of evil.

Report. Unable to defend. Unable to evade…!

I had never heard Raphael sound legitimately panicked before. Even with my senses enhanced a millionfold, the light looked like it was going at regular speed—a sign of just how fast she was going.

Between the distance, the angle, and the timing, Hinata was aiming below my stomach. She must have figured I wouldn't die if my head stayed intact, but even if she didn't intend to kill me, this move was way too dangerous. I couldn't evade it, Multilayer Barrier was meaningless, and that light was spiritual in nature, evil-dispelling, capable of tearing down anything it touched. The moment we made contact, it would sear through my body.

Report. It is suggested to sacrifice your ultimate skill Belzebuth, Lord of Gluttony, to cancel out this attack.

I knew I could rely on old Professor Raphael at a time like this.

As much as I hated to let go of Belzebuth, I didn't have much choice here. Out of all the suggestions it had, this was the most likely one to work, so there wasn't much point wavering on a decision. At this speed, besides, aiming practically didn't matter. It's not like I could adjust my trajectory midway.

Raphael used Predict Future Attack to calculate the point Hinata aimed at, activating Belzebuth at that exact spot. The moment her sword hit me, Belzebuth would swallow it all up—or so the plan went.

Pretty simple. No reason to waver. And in another few scant moments, Hinata's skill crossed paths with Belzebuth.

………

……

The result? Well, I survived. I thought I wasn't gonna for a second, but I did.
~ LN Volume 7- Chapter 5​
Well, here Melt Slash frankly looks MFTL+ since Rimuru even with Mind Accelerated in the Million increase could still see the attack move. Her Melt Slash could just be MFTL+ and Rimuru's with Mind Accelerate would MFTL+ reaction

Thought Acceleration and other such things extend the users thinking rate, has nothing to do with boosting their attacks.

This would be a lot simpler if we put them at FTL and not worry about anything.

I mean technically everyone also has Speed of Light perception speed due to magic sense.

@Elizhaa This is contradictory, he had trouble keeping up with Hinata's regular attacks yet can react to Melt Slash.

I think that's what's causing the issue is here.

@CP the amp thing came from this. I think I must have misread something so not sure about it

I can accelerate my perception speed a million times more with ÒÇîThought AccelerationÒÇì and the time seems to have frozen. I could also build my spell under this condition so any magic would be activated right after the thought of it.

Although it would be very inefficient to be applied for Magic Missile that requires the gathering of Youki around me, that's why I won't utilize it under such circumstance.

It's unlike the construction of spell that relies on consciousness——that is information. The gathering of Youki would cost some time, but it is only natural.

However, that's because I have ÒÇîChant ExemptionÒÇì and ÒÇîAll of AllÒÇì.

No matter how long the magic would take to launch, the million-time extended body sensation of time would always help cast the magic instantly. After all, a second under the skill is equal to two hundred and seventy-seven hours.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Elizhaa This is contradictory, he had trouble keeping up with Hinata's regular attacks yet can react to Melt Slash.
I think that's what's causing the issue is here.
I guess it was an Outlier or Inconsistency for Hinata's speed, then; I am fine with my point on Melt Slash dropped. In any case, I think your proposal on the speed works, Celestial Pegasus.

@Mr Don't think that necessarly makes the speed of his attacks faster just that he can instantly cast attacks so for example if normally he needs 10 secs to cast an attack, it will be instantaneous with mind acceleration.

@Elizhaa More like an outlier for Rimuru's reaction speed, don't remember, was melt slash said to be Hinata's fastest attack in the LN? If yes she can be MFTL+ with melt slash.

Atm i am just seeing Rimuru and Hinata both being FTL, and Rimuru having MFTL+ perception speed with Mind Acceleration, while Hinata having MFTL+ attack speed with Melt Slash, provided it's actually her fastest attack.

Then again i remember Rimuru having a hard time reacting to Hinata's attacks but don't remember if it was said he was perceiving it at normal speed like Melt Slash.

They were already Relativistic, so yea a million x would still be MFTL+, though it's not the same as Rimuru since his Base is FTL.

The WN, should also probably be change from MFTL+ reaction speed to perception speed. Being able to perceive something doesn't mean you can react to it though don;t remember if in the WN perception=reaction.

That said it would be a pain to do all those edits.

Fair enough

Also if you're wondering about Rimuru having a hard time reacting to Hinata's normal attack while he can react to Melt Slash is because he gained Predict Future Attack and used it to anticipate Hinata's attack

IIRC they cant move beyond light speed with physical body and to bypass this they use some kind of spatial motion? Like what most of daemons did, thats why when they move they don't makes any shockwaves, if this true then they should be FTL with spatial motion and MFTL+ with amp, but again im not remember when this mentioned. CMIIW

What are you talking about? Spatial Motion is an ability that connects spaces together, it's not speed, shadow motion is the one that allows the user to move in shadows and quickly to places, it's not FTL though.

Also Rimuru and Hinata are blatantly FTL in speed, magic sense an ability which observes light particles can't perceive their battle. Both aren't exactly normal physical beings though, but nobody here was arguing for character below awakened demon lord tier to be FTL, except for perception speed, not movement speed.

Anyway we went through this and i am not interested in going over it again, spending too much time here, have other stuff to do, so i will take my leave here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back