• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Upgrades and Scaling Revisions (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

In the last thread, we have agreed apon the upgrades suggested in the op through later discussion, agreed on a possibly Low 2-C rating due to word of god stating that space and time cannot be separated, rendering most of the feats as a possibly Low 2-C

As of right now, we are discussing the potential issues with the way the characters are currently scaled, which characters should be given a High 3-A possibly Low 2-C rating and which ones should be given another tier.

As of right now, we are awaiting saikous response to my bible chapter of problems with the way the characters are handled.

And for the love of god, please do not fill this thread with banter, completely off topic discussions or bumping after a couple of days (unless necesarry). If you want to joke around, or derail, take it to the discussion thread

I still disagree with putting an "At least" for the rating of the current 4-As while the characters that are clearly inferior to them have a higher tier for some reason. I suggest that we give those 4-A characters the same tier (High 3-A, possibly Low 2-C) while also giving explanation for their superiority.

@Saikou the ghey king What do you reckon? Do you think aeons is right? Or is it safe to give at least to the 4-As?

Just to reply to the issue earlier.

You are still equating someone that is clearly shown to not be comparable as he's beat by people that are fodder to Beerus, and are still fodder when they pull off Low 2-C feats. Making it sound like the characters you don't wanna scale up are completely and unequivocably below the ones that do when your evidence is lacking at best is not gonna get you anywhere.

You keep going on about physical power and I have to seriously ask, do you have blidnfolds on while watching our profiles...? Attack Potency is not the same as Striking Strength, yet you are using physical power to say people don't scale. We should make all Jedi just Street level because they don't get higher without Force Amplification.

Apparently you only consider being anywhere near physically, having feats on that level, or being told directly and as plainly as possible that characters can fight on an equal level. Don't say Spell Card Rules don't matter here, because you obviously have issues with people being compared under their special rules.

Physically comparable, and now you see the issue. Once again, do you actually know or have seen the difference between Attack Potency and Striking Strength in our profiles? And are you actually reading my comment? I said the fighting games, 1v1 fighting, those few games that look like Street Fighter instead of a Bullet Hell. I am not sure how you got this confused.

The problem is that you don't understand the concept of comparable. Being weaker doesn't make you not comparable, being ineffectual and unable to do anything to your opponent (this is a case by case as hax may be the reason. Ichigo can't do anything to Yhwach because of the Almighty, but without that in the way he can totally kill him with his attacks) is what it means to not be comparable.

Indeed, which you have failed to prove as far as I've read. So at least we understand each other.

tengus is one of the strongest Yokai races but is nothing compared to the Onis

And according to Read, there is a tengus is tries 6C

I have read about Aya and was written in her profile in Phantasmagoria of Flower View that she is considered one of the top class in Gensokyo

I think this might be a reason for Aya be upgraded also

Whut??? So why the vampires should scale then?? They don't have showed something equal to the Onis and we scale them

If the verse call them as one of the most strongest Youkai in Gensokyo, then they will scale, I don't see some problem here tbh

There is like, one vampire in Gensokyo, so anyone talking about vampires are definitively talking about Remilia. And Remi herself has direct feats of fighting Gensokyo's strongest youkai.

Also Tengus are an entire civilization of people. They vary heavily in their abilities, so there is no reasons to assume that they're all high tier.

Aya does have reasons, because it's one invidiual being stated to be among the strongest, not a species stated to be a strong species.

It's not like there are specific species of youkai that are all high tier outside of Onis and Vampires, so we can't just scale Tengu on those.

iirc , vampires are stated as strong as oni and as fast as tengu , or somethin along those lines .

there is also the remilia incident before the spell cards rules were in place, that required a bunch of youkai , including yukari to get resolved .

I mean stuff about vampires being as strong as onis and fast as Tengus is probably just boasting, but they're definitively Oni-level at least.

aren't they supposed to be the strongest specie but with tons of weaknesses to compensate ?

or was it just FanFiction i read somewhere ?

No one knows about Flandre though. Remi's the only one actively being a vampire out there. In practice she's the only vampire that matters in Gensokyo's power struggle.

Yeah but it doesn't matter when it comes to comparing general statements of "vampires" to the rest of Gensokyo.

It is stated in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense that vampires are the strongest race of Youkai and are part of the power-balance of Gensokyo, so they must surpass Onis in power

This is not to mention that the vampires caused a problem when they appeared in Gensokyo and were stopped by powerful Youkai

Lord JJJ said:
It is stated in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense that vampires are the strongest race of Youkai and are part of the power-balance of Gensokyo, so they must surpass Onis in power
This is not to mention that the vampires caused a problem when they appeared in Gensokyo and were stopped by powerful Youkai
not exactly accurate :

here is what i found about vampires in perfect memento :

"Of the newer youkai that have emerged only within the last few centuries, vampires are among the strongest of them, strong enough to take part in the power-balance of Gensokyo by now."

so the vampires are one of the strongest newer youkais , not all youkais but still scale quite well to the strongest , older youkais

Bear with me a few days. My week has been yeeted by ten hour shifts except for a few days. Discuss whatever is necessary fttb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back