• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Changes: Doremy, Gods, Sumireko and Maribel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
Since I've accidentally erased my previous attempt at making this, I'll make it short.

Doremy recreated Okina's Land of the Backdoor in the Dream World, as a singular dream. The Land of the Backdoor is extremely large, given that it has been consistently treated as an Antithesis to the rest of the world (As the "Rear-Facing" world compared to the "Front-Facing" world). It also contains doors that lead to the "back" of everything in existence. For this to be possible, it must at least be as big as the "real world". Btw "Real World" and "All of existence" includes things beyond Gensokyo as well, since she used this ability to go to the Real World or Dream World.

While I'm not 100% confident on this, I think that this might warrant 3-A for Doremy and everyone above. At the very least, I think that "At least 4-A, likely far higher" would be appropriate.

Now for Gods.

They're stated to be ideas by Reimu. We currently places that as Non-Corporeal, but there is honestly no reasons why it wouldn't be Abstract Existence, if we accept ideas as abstract things. And no, these aren't mental-only ideas, given that they existed before humans did. So they should get Abstract Existence. Abstracts lacking a concept, eh?

Secondly, they should probably get limited Omnipresence. This was brought up back when we did the upgrades to Non-Corporeal, but I have rejected it back then. But honestly, it should be legit. Gods exist as ideas all over existence and can manifest themselves everywhere they wish, even at the same time. They also have the potential to create avatars of themselves everywhere. However, this isn't combat applicable, and should only be mental Omnipresence, hence limited.

Also, based on the above, Gods, in general, should have Multiversal range. The range of their omnipresence extends in every Otherworld of the setting; they're able to be summoned from anywhere. However, this should be kept separate from their Danmaku range.

Then, Sumireko. In the new Violet Detector game, we are playing as the Dream World's version of Sumireko. And this version has a couple of abilities of her own that the normal Sumireko doesn't have, such as Resurrection and Existence Erasure. So I propose a key for Dream Sumireko on her profile, with those abilities on her profile.

Finally, a downgrade. Maribel's durability should be placed to Unknown. What attacked her wasn't a Youkai, but a cryptid, who aren't guaranteed to scale to 6-C. The same should apply to Renko.

tl;dr:

-Doremy and above becomes either "3-A" or "At least 4-A, likely far higher"

-Gods gain: Abstract Existence, Omnipresence, and Multiversal range.

-Sumireko gets a Dream key and gains Existence Erasure and Resurrection based on it.

-Maribel & Renko's dura downgraded to Unknown

I'd prefer the 4-A rating to straight-up 3-A. Rest is fine, but Omnipresence should be specified to just be in their abstract forms

@Prom You think "4-A, possibly 3-A" would work here (since I think it's the only legitimate tier this feat would be outside of just 4-A) or should we just stick with "possibly far higher"?

@DMB The trick is to make her "4-A, possibly 3-A" so not only she keeps her win, but she will win anyway if Kirby gets upgraded to 3-A.

@SSB What part exactly? I could theoretically bring scans for everything, but I'd rather not unless someone finds it very difficult to trust some of my claims.

Fite me Saik you Doremy lover it's not like she's Yukari or even Sakuya or even the low tier waifu material of Reimu

Worse of all is that Yukari isn't even remotely upgraded by this.

Also, Reimu > Doremy > Yukari > Sakuya

Yo, remember the time, when everyone regarded Yukari as god tier in Touhou? I remember and i miss those times dearly.

I agree with this But only if you Bump Yukari up too.

To be fair she's still one of the haxxiest of the bunch. But y'know. No abstract existence or 3-A for her.

@DMB

>SMT

Not happening boy

@Velox

Doremy's actually kind of weak compared to the Lunarian people, who all scale from her.

Eventually people who want Tier 1 Touhou and people who want Yukari to be upgraded will team up on me and murder me.

Well I don't want to extrapolate too much with Okina's world. We could go out of our way to compare her world to Paradise or any infinite realms in Touhou, but that'd be a bit too much imo. I think it's better to lowball it at a bit above baseline 3-A than try anything, especially since the range of this world was only really shown to span the Outside World and Gensokyo, not Paradise or anything bigger yet.

I'd prefer possibly far higher to possibly 3-A, it's less speculative (even if 3-A is a pretty reasonable conclusion)

Shouldn't Okina get some kind of upgrade from Touhou 16.5. I mean she gave dream Sumireko the power to erase danmaku and resurrection. She also give the cast of Touhou 16 seasonal weaponary but her profile doesn't state that she can give abilities to others. Please add this to her profile.

For all you lot who want to Upgrade Yukari, literally try and find shizzle on Gensokyo, if you get Gensokyo to 5-D or above, she's gonna get upgraded.

Seasonal weaponry is just a side effect of life manipulation. The 16.5 abilities could be good, but it's not the thread for it.

Also yeah no. 5-D Gensokyo would make any feat of Yukari busting it an outlier. It would also make little sense, considering how Gensokyo is literally just a small Brane World. That's like having a 5-D space-time continuum.

Ignoring the fact that Yukari is both stated to be able to destroy Gensokyo and everyone in it, and is one of the people involved in making it.

Can't call it an outlier when she created it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back