• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Changes: Doremy, Gods, Sumireko and Maribel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can call something an outlier when someone created something. Also she couldn't do it on her own anyway.

The fact that the Lunarians are by no means High 2-A? The fact that destroying the moon is considered impressive? One of the best Lunarian weapon only subatomizing a forest? Doremy not being able to prevent the Dream World and reality from fusing? You can call those low-ends as you wish, but it at least makes it clear that half of the verse being able to effortlessly destroy the multiverse makes no sense in the context of the verse.

I know it took more then one person, that's why I said she was ONE of the people who helped create it.

Matter Manipulation and is most likely designed to bypass Durability. Doremy's Dream Manipulation might not apply to the Realm world in the same way it does in the dream world: I.E 100% in Dream World = 20% Gensokyo.

And most of all: Gensokyo doesn't have common sense:

"You can not let yourself be held back by common sense in Gensokyo, right !?" - Sanae.

"This barrier is the so-called barrier of common sense." - PMST

"This barrier kept the outside world's common sense outside, leaving what lacked common sense inside, in Gensokyo." PMST

"This follows fairly obviously from the fact that the Great Barrier is a boundary of common sense, but it is certainly frightening to think that there are things that cannot be done with just powers existing in Gensokyo." - PMST

It's still a limited amount of energy. Anyone remotely close to Tier 2 should find the strength of subatomizing a forest to be ridiculously small.

Then what about Yukari? Someone who can manipulate boundaries on a High 2-A scale shouldn't be bothered by something as small as two universe fusing.

You can't just pull the "no common sense lol" card and expect the verse to get away with immense inconsistency. At best it just means that Youkai can exist there due to people lacking common sense, but that doesn't mean that it's an utterly chaotic world full of High 2-As drinking tea.

But the example you used was Doremy Sweet, not Yukari.

And I've heard that people will use the "Lol No common sense" card like it's the last piece of Exodia, but that wasn't why I said it.

And there's inconsistencies all the time in fiction, Doctor Who comes to mind when it always says the Darlek's are the most dangerous thing in the Multiverse but all those Higher-Dimensional beings...?

Eitherway, I get your point, but there are very few contredictions to consider it an Outlier. Most of all because there is additional support for said claim.

And 1/5 of 5-D is still 5-D

Whether it's Yukari or Doremy, the point remains the same.

Even with inconsistencies, it's still expected for characters whose powers transcend the multiverse be actually treated like they do and not be limited by stuff like Touhou's Otherworlds.

It doesn't help that an Outlier doesn't need to be contradicted to be one. If a verse full of Tier 6, 5 and 4 feats suddenly gets a High 2-A feat, that feat certainly is an outlier.

Pretty sure i already debunked all those supposed outliers you mentioned before ƒæÇ

Edit: closing the thread before i can even respond? wow.

I did. you ignored all of my arguments and focused on debunking yukari. Yukari wasnt the only one who had tier 2 feats. And last time i checked you actually left the discussion without debunking anything. Did you even read by debunks for it being an outlier? Also i responded on a questions and answers thread before.

As for cores statement, many of the downgrades for touhou could be applied to other franchises which i proves in the other thread as well.

As for casuality, touhou is not tier two because of yukari. That was one of many different reasons

Tier 2 Touhou is something I support.

If it has proof.

As of right now the existing proof is grasping by strings that if applied here, would be applied to every other existing verse and would massively scale them up and would render every single franchise a mess.

So no.

Touhou Tier 2 via Yukari is not possible not because all feats aren't legit, but that Boundary Manipulation destroy the foundation (logic/concept) of the world and would eventually destroy it, it's not via pure AP but via her hax which can affect the pillars of the Universe

You haven't. These feats still exist and certainly aren't treated as casual enough for High 2-A to be consistent.

Also took you almost 2 months to answer but aight.

Make my dearest Yukari into a tier 2. That way she'll be even more of a goddess to me than she already is, and be figuratively and literally at the center of my universe.

Goodness, I felt cringy just by writing that...

Anyway lemme just close this. Not only was this a gigantic necro but it's unrelated to the original topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back