• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 19

One it's reading how you say "masada stuff" and one it's reading/playing the novel where you can see how the characters interacts with each other, how they develope and unfold before your eyes. One it's to read on the wiki for example and see their story in a short summary or read what others say about the characters and one it's to see with your own eyes.

The real cal howard said:
Bro, Lavos is on not just one but two tops, as well as all of Smash, and I'm still unhappy. Just an empty hole. These characters are that much of story breaking bs'ers that even characters I like being on here push my buttons. I ain't gonna rant again for fear of pissing off people again but the fact that this hit 19 threads irks me. Actually making an engaging story means nothing if the characters ain't strong.
Eh, most of the ones I know are only broken because they come verses that just naturally produce them. You will also notice that most of this list is populated with Antagonists and god-like beings that don't directly participate in the story, because usually it is 'socially' acceptable to have villains with broken abilities to create stakes, and the latter is usually more of a thing for world building, and the authors don't need to worry about balancing them into a power system. I do get the feeling tho

Man, masada has awsome characters, yeah, they may not be the best but they are definetly amazing, the story may be a little weak but the characters, the music, the atmosphere it presents and the art makes more than enough for it.

But since most people only learn about masada cuz how OP the chars are they think it sucks ass and is like suggs, which is a shame.

Zaratthustra said:
One it's reading how you say "masada stuff" and one it's reading/playing the novel where you can see how the characters interacts with each other, how they develope and unfold before your eyes. One it's to read on the wiki for example and see their story in a short summary or read what others say about the characters and one it's to see with your own eyes.
What? I cant quite tell what this means?

Tony di bugalu said:
Man, masada has awsome characters, yeah, they may not be the best but they are definetly amazing, the story may be a little weak but the characters, the music, the atmosphere it presents and the art makes more than enough for it.

But since most people only learn about masada cuz how OP the chars are they think it sucks ass and is like suggs, which is a shame.
The type of stuff i deal with everyday with rakudai. Once it becomes a meme it's hard to convince ppl the show is actually good.

@Fire

Yeah, VSBW is a bad way of getting people interested in a verse. All they see is wall of hax and OP character. How the hell would they even manage to see character development or anything like that when all they see is a profile that gauges a character statistically?

Honestly I found Masadaverse from this site, and it does not feel as memetic as Rakudai, proabably because it is much easier to believe other than someone just saying "pure skill" and have me suspend my belief to that extent. I can take "yeah man magic shit" way easier than "he countered fate manipulation and reality warping shit just by being skillul enough".

@Sleepy

I mean, it is bad, yes, but if a person is really interested in a character and the story they may end up becoming part of the fandom, not because of power but because it has something really appealing that makes us stay.

In my case for example I learned of DI because one old AF thread about the 5 strongest or something like that and ended up buying everything I could about it because I found it amazing.

I found out about Parahumans (Verse) via the wiki, but that was more because of talking to people and not the files themselves.

I found out about Medaka Box via the wiki because I saw the hilarity in Najimi Ajimu having almost 13 quadrillion abilities, among other things on profiles which seemed hilarious. But I also knew the author and enjoyed his other works.

D (Vampire Hunter D) for 3-A

Acausality type 4, plenty of resistances, hax and even NPI to hit nonexistent and non corporeal stuff means that he stomps everyone in the 5th, 4th and 3rd spots.

Anyways, Baba doesn't have passive hax on the same potency as SS top tiers in 3-A, so Baba also going down the list is to be considered.

I don't think there's been any works that I've git into because of the wiki. Everything I'm a knowledgeable member of, I've enjoyed completely separate fron the wiki.

Well, 3-A D might have some trouble against Mid-Godly, but he's still capable of stomping DMC since he resist everything and yeets them with hax

Bobsican said:
D (Vampire Hunter D) for 3-A
Acausality type 4, plenty of resistances, hax and even NPI to hit nonexistent and non corporeal stuff means that he stomps everyone in the 5th, 4th and 3rd spots.

Anyways, Baba doesn't have passive hax on the same potency as SS top tiers in 3-A, so Baba also going down the list is to be considered.
I don't think he takes it from Xehanort.

Agnaa said:
I found out about Medaka Box via the wiki because I saw the hilarity in Najimi Ajimu having almost 13 quadrillion abilities, among other things on profiles which seemed hilarious. But I also knew the author and enjoyed his other works.
It was actually one of the first anime I watched, but I didn't read the manga until a lot later. This was actually even before I was into VS debating, but I still watched those always bullshit top strongest anime characters list and the things people said about Medaka intreaged me. Then I heard it was meta fiction and was completely sold

There was also hearing about the good loser himself that brought me over, of course

Also, I've actually gotten into quite a few verses from exposure through VS debating and the Wiki. I have a soft spot for weird ass or creative powers and watching them interact with eachother, so a quick way to sell me on a series is showing me something like Heavy Weather or Gae Bolg. Just to be clear, it's not necessarily Broken abilities, its creative and unique stuff

D has the NPI to just destroy them and resists Sealing (Which is negated already by lol acausality), but he can't actually negate Mid-Godly, however, his passive hax that ignores resistances allows him to just incap Xehanort and others with mind hax, and it's pretty one sided with him on top as he can't be harmed back because lol acausality.

He may still stomp Baba via having the resistances to take its passive hax, however.

Again, D can just use his passive empathic manip that ignores their resistances so they just get incapped.

He also stomps Baba via lol acausality to its hax then proceeds to just AP stomp as Baba is a glass cannon.

Arnos can affect souls, rumours and legends and his sword basically destroy everything whether it's destiny or providence, even time.

No idea where the idea came that he can't use the sword outside of his castle though. That was never said and pretty clearly shown he used it outside of it when fighting the embodiment of time, which he proceeded to rekt.

Back