• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 Strongest Characters for Every Tier 19

Demons are Type 2 AEs. Rimuru being able to permanently kill demons is Regenerationn and Immortality Negation and nothing else.

Welp, it looks like Nasu characters are losing their 7-A keys in exchange for being further into tier 6, so I guess Masada bois reign supreme across the board for that tier

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Welp, it looks like Nasu characters are losing their 7-A keys in exchange for being further into tier 6, so I guess Masada bois reign supreme across the board for that tier
thread?

WHYNAUT said:
Demons are Type 2 AEs. Rimuru being able to permanently kill demons is Regenerationn and Immortality Negation and nothing else.
It's stated that Demoms and Angels, making it very clear to avoid Spirt of Light/Darkness, are conceptual existences.

Yes, a Type 2 AE is a conceptual existence, but it doesn't grant anyone that kills them conceptual manipulation without further context. Conceptual Manipulation has never been on the WN profiles outside of EoS Rimuru in the first place and there's no CRT for it either.

WHYNAUT said:
Yes, a Type 2 AE is a conceptual existence, but it doesn't grant anyone that kills them conceptual manipulation without further context. Conceptual Manipulation has never been on the WN profiles outside of EoS Rimuru in the first place and there's no CRT for it either.
Why does it not? And I'm aware there's no CRT for it.

Because you don't need to effect the concept to effect them. If you can kill a Type 2 Abstract, that would be a feat of overcoming Type 8 immortality, as that is basically all that Type 2 Abstract existence is, a really good form of Type 8.

Me: It's been a while since I checked this. I wonder what's changed?

>Checks thread

Oh right. This is that thread.

Bro, Lavos is on not just one but two tops, as well as all of Smash, and I'm still unhappy. Just an empty hole. These characters are that much of story breaking bs'ers that even characters I like being on here push my buttons. I ain't gonna rant again for fear of pissing off people again but the fact that this hit 19 threads irks me. Actually making an engaging story means nothing if the characters ain't strong.

I dont understand lol, what has this top 5 thread has to do with stories? I mean I like Narutoverse and it is far from the strongest verse, I still participate in this with no issues though.

@The real cal howard

Make your own op characters and story, publish your work, and dominate the list.

Rocker1189 said:
I dont understand lol, what has this top 5 thread has to do with stories? I mean I like Narutoverse and it is far from the strongest verse, I still participate in this with no issues though.

Because these characters that are all "lol I passively alter fate and make it so you turn into goop when within 20 meters of me and every punch I have erases your existence and I can regenerate and resist all of that" has zero narrative stakes. Which is at least half of this list.

Yeah yeah Saik and Dragon I know, I know...

DnW0 said:
@The real cal howard

Make your own characters and story, publish your work, and dominate the list.
I did, I'm trying, and no way Jose I like having stakes and non-one-sided matches.

The real cal howard said:
Because these characters that are all "lol I passively alter fate and make it so you turn into goop when within 20 meters of me and every punch I have erases your existence and I can regenerate and resist all of that" has zero narrative stakes. Which is at least half of this list.

Yeah yeah Saik and Dragon I know, I know...
I mean of course they would lol this is a top 5 list its also the reason that like 90% of them are smurfs. But for every one of those there are like 50 normal characters.

The quality of writing has nothing to do with this thread, and I can't see your problem unless the very idea of bad characters is enough to make you want to rant, in which case the saying still goes, "don't cry for the stupid or you'll weep all day".

Yeah, Ergen has a lot of clichés, but I would still jominate Bai Xiaochun (Eternal World) for High 1-B again.

InfiniteSped said:
This is just for fun to see which characters are the most overpowered. We know they all suck.
I beg to differ on all of them sucking, quit e afew of them are cool characters tbh, some of them do suck though.

Rocker1189 said:
InfiniteSped said:
This is just for fun to see which characters are the most overpowered. We know they all suck.
I beg to differ on all of them sucking, quit e afew of them are cool characters tbh, some of them do suck though.
Can agree tbh.

My DMC bois, and some of my Dark Tower bois are on here.

Soon my Dhampir boi is gonna take the 5th low 2-C spot

Surprsie surprise Cal dislikes OP/haxxed characters kek.

It is understandable why someone wouldnt like OP characters and thats their opinion, but not everyone thinks like that so lets just leave it at that.

The real cal howard said:
Bro, Lavos is on not just one but two tops, as well as all of Smash, and I'm still unhappy. Just an empty hole. These characters are that much of story breaking bs'ers that even characters I like being on here push my buttons. I ain't gonna rant again for fear of pissing off people again but the fact that this hit 19 threads irks me. Actually making an engaging story means nothing if the characters ain't strong.
Myeh, I do kinda feel that. All the well-written but strong characters I have are either in really empty/weak tiers (SCPs in 11-C and 11-A, Eztli-Tenoch in 9-C since the verse is featless), or barely don't make the list (apparently only being a 10-B that causes everyone who looks at her to kill themselves is too weak for that tier).

InfiniteSped said:
You just insulted great verses like Kingdom Hearts, Lotr, Marvel, DmC, Looney Tunes, Earthbound, stephen king, DC, Smash Bros, etc by saying they suck.

Not all OP Verses suck. the ones that do are usually due to bad writing and not that they suck due to the fact they are powerfantasies with it being a suggverse (although some of those exist like the Masadaverse, and even it is more due to bad writing)

Have you ever actually played or read anything from Masada? Or are you just talking about characters that all the info you've gotten about them is from the Battles Board where people will specifically focus on a characters power?

Like when Cal says he doesnt like Masada and stuff hes at least played/read them theres no issue, now I wont say Masada has the best characters or anything like that but imo there are multiple good characters including some of the more broken characters.

There is one verse I dislike even worse than masada, and that is fortnite, which isn't a really strong OP verse. And that sucks infinitely more than masada can dream of

Basically, good writing can be strong or weak, and bad writing can be strong or weak

Rant over.

Btw I have read masada stuff

No.

To use an example with writing in it. Justice League wasn't a movie in which steppenwolf had passive 1-A+ Fate manipulation and reality warping or Superman having high godly regen and High 1-B law manipulation, it was a bad movie due to doodo writing and a bad story.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
InfiniteSped said:
You just insulted great verses like Kingdom Hearts, Lotr, Marvel, DmC, Looney Tunes, Earthbound, stephen king, DC, Smash Bros, etc by saying they suck.
They do

Back