• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Swordsmen

YungManzi said:
Things like cutting through the bonds between atoms and such are reasonable though. As that's at least conceptually achievable.
I don't think that's really possible under normal circumstances either, as you would need stuff like WH40K's monomolecular blades (Since otherwise trying to fit a sword between two atoms is kinda like trying to fit a planet inside a room) but i suppose if you have the equipment and it's specified that you need to be accurate enough to slash through the atoms it'd count

Dragon doesn't question Khorne or Oryx. They make sense.

Although I feel like Tactimo should be Number two as well simply via his feats of matching the Royal Knights in skill and just his skill on the battlefield along with his ingenuity.

I think Oryx might beat out Khorne by the slightest of margins due to Oryx being much more willing to use dirty tactics then Khorne if I'm not misunderstanding either franchise. While anything Oryx does adds to Khorne's skill, his willingness to use said skills is questionable. Khorne likes to fight fair and dosn't like using dirty tactics. However, without being able to force his enemy to do the same, he'd be at a disadvantage. But I barely know anything about Warhammer and Destiny so I could be very wrong about this.

I mean you say Khorne likes a fair fight but he gives hax to his champions whilst nullifying the opponent's hax.

Also I don't think Oryx has anything on the platonic concept of fighting in WARHAMMER of all verses.

@Smashor

that doesn't make the situation of Oryz better, he still has to fight against the concept of fighting, murder, war and combact

which is more than he can chew

Insofar as fair combat is "nullifying everything about your opponent which in some cases renders them unable to act". Khorne doesn't really care about mortal notions of hipocricy, and only really defines "unfair combat" as like magic and shit as opposed to just sneak attacking. (usually. There was the time he negated a tank from shooting because it was just trying to kite kharn instead of fighting him)

Also i'd think that all experience ever is still more than billions+experience grinding+Everyone killed in those billions, even if the latter is still super hugh

Yeah Khorne should definitely be number 1, also like Woki said Khornes definition of a "Fair fight" is basically what he feels like at the moment (though he basically always negs most hax since he hates that shit).

Okay, how does the list look now? (Assuming Soujiro is allowed to cut concepts and time until further notice)

How skilled is assassin? All I saw is he's beyond human possiblity and he can attack 3 times simultaneously?

Ikki is not as skilled as Oryx I don't think.

EmperorRorepme said:
How skilled is assassin? All I saw is he's beyond human possiblity and he can attack 3 times simultaneously?
Ikki is not be as skilled as Oryx I don't think.
His 3 attacks are attacks that come from another universe, but that's just good mechanics. From an actual sword fight it's just 3 attacks at the exact same time. Dodging or being outside of the blade's length will completely nullify the technique. So it's impressive no paper, but when it comes to "the strongest swordsman" it really doesn't add up to much. In terms of other skill he can fight about on par with saber and emiya, so that's not saying much.

Idk, i never said Ikki is stronger i just said i could look into it to see if i could make the argument, but i'd rather keep reading rakudai and end the revisions first. xD

As stated previously, Drizzt has a skill feat of defeating Marilith, a six-armed snake demoness (and the namesake of the marilith breed of demons in DnD) who has over tens of thousands of years of experience fighting other powerful demons and mortals with six different melee weapons at once (seven if you count the deadly poisonous stinger on the end of Marilith's tail), using them with maximum efficency, finesse, and lethality. Drizzt beat her solo, through skill alone, with just his two swords.

SCP-076 has existed since before the beginning of time (>13.5 billion years), and has been using swords since then.

Both of them thusly outclass Sion in skill and experience, I think, unless Sion has a similar feat of defeating people with literal eons of combat experience and skill with their weapons. Not sure about the Operator.

Since this is Extended Canon 076 he also has his feats of defeating the God of KNowledge in combat and then soloing a multiverse-spanning army of eldrich monsters with nothing but his swords

I will mention Takeru Kusanagi if we consider his stuff as skill.

He can via martial arts skill and removing brain limiters and stuff boost his own speed from Peak Human to close to the speed of light.

Honestly, I'd consider Tactimon comparable to if not superior to Drizzt in skill considering both have similar skill feats.

Muzan is more the Platonic Concept of genocide and death than combat. He embodies greater evil killing lesser evil, but I think the means aren't specified.

Ares is more of an embodiment of combat. But remember that this is about swordsmanship, so not all forms of combat might qualify either.

Soujiro is a Platonic Concept in his Gudou God form btw.

"As a Gudou God, it can be said to be the ultimate sword attack. Attack transcending concepts such as speed, skill, exploding the elements that exists between him and his opponent, turning the universe itself into swords that can reach any place, cutting phenomenon impossible to escape, severing the World of Poison, world of Tenma Akuro."

"Soujirou states that whoever fought against him "died". This isn't some kind of physical cutting attack, but something beyond, a higher dimensional form of conceptual cutting. Idea of slashing itself, absolute severance whether it was Tenmas themselves, or even visions of the future. Soujirou only managed to understand this power after becoming a God."

Kajiri Kamui - Kei Tsunushi Futsumitama no ke: Soujirou's Taikyoku, Gudou type, born from his desire "I want to become a blade". Desire to become the strongest swordsman in the world. It's the ultimate destination Soujirou has long sought. But everything would eventually be cut, leaving nothing for the God of the Sword. Eventually, he found a person to love and cut forever, one that desires to receive the gleam of his sword, one in which he desires to reach her core. Ability of this law is "cutting all that exists". From the physical to the metaphysical, tangible or intangible, concrete or abstract, everything is severed. Lifespan, luck, law, soul, distance, time, infinite possibilies, fate, space, dimensions, spirits, All is slashed. While his Taikyoku may seem to be surpassed, it will still affect his targets. First the flesh is severed, then his law goes deeper down to the "core" of everything. Moreover, as this Law turns Soujirou into the "sword" himself, this ability works with anything, even chopsticks or even bare handed will cause a cutting phenomenon. Logic no longer applies to him, so idea that a single swing result in a single slash is nonexistent. There's no concept of swinging, so everthing is hit. Distance doesn't even matter as it is cut too, so his distance infinite.

I think he should be up there with Khorne.

Wait. Soujirou's "concept cutting" comes from his desire/ability and not actual skill? Might as well put Akabane at 1st or 2nd then. Because his sword can cut anything because via Divine Providence he doesn't believe there is something he cannot cut. He be cutting space and dimensions by waving his sword too.

No, he literally embodies "Cutting", it's explicitly stated he trascends skill. If anything he breaks the list.

Like I said, you can take away his 1-A but not the fact that he literally, literally embodies cutting people up.

Dvorak1902 said:
No, he literally embodies "Cutting", it's explicitly stated he trascends skill. If anything he breaks the list.
Soujirou's Taikyoku, Gudou type, born from his desire "I want to become a blade".

He's in the list because it is assumed that he does those things via skill. Not via masada's abilities which are reliant on desires. Also when you're a 1-A transcending most stuff is no big deal.

He is skill, he is "being so skilled with a blade you don't need skill anymore". When you are pure metaphor you can be a lot of things.

And it still says "the strongest", like I said, even at all stats equalized, his mere definition makes it impossible for anyone else to win.

It's not hax or extra abilites, it's something that you cant separate from him because he literally ceases existing.

If you trancend skill, then your abilty doesn't come from skill...yeah, soujiro's getting booted.

Back