• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Swordsmen

Dragonmasterxyz said:
What does that have to do with sword skill?
It's just a meme at this point. Ikki has things he can do with skill that shouldn't be able to be done with skill. But just as an introduction, he can copy any sword style just from seeing it's stance and even in volume 1 it took him 30 seconds after he had copied a sword style to completely master and perfect the style making in flawless by fixing all its imperfections. Can negate friction in his swing via skill (don't ask me how it's done, it is just done), negates sound, energy lost with air etc. Insane info analysis and a lot more.

Soujirou Mibo might be #1 if his concept cutting thing is really pure sword skills and not a power or an effect of the sword he's using.

Remember; This is a thread for the strongest sword fighter...Not the most skilled swordsmen (Although those seem to coincide quite a bit in most cases)

YungManzi said:
Soujirou Mibo might be #1 if his concept cutting thing is really pure sword skills and not a power or an effect of the sword he's using.
Remember; This is a thread for the strongest sword fighter...Not the most skilled swordsmen (Although those seem to coincide quite a bit in most cases)
He does it as a 1-A no? He's living abstraction, no big deal to cut concepts in that form.

And if that's the case, Khorne should be yeeted outta there. I doubt he's ever fought with a sword at all.

Firephoenixearl said:
I question Khorne being 1st, i question him being in the list at all. A dude sitting on a chair who has never picked up a sword before shouldn't be "the strongest swordmaster" just because "muh im the skill of all skills".
Ok so? Like Khorne is basically the concept of combat skill within 40k so all skill comes from him and in turn he can preform all their abilities.

PsychoWarper said:
Ok so? Like Khorne is basically the concept of combat skill within 40k so all skill comes from him and in turn he can preform all their abilities.
Yet he like never picks up a sword to fight. If i make a character that has 1000 statements to be the best swordsman but he fights with a gun. He doesn't make the list for the simple reason "he's not a swordsman" if he "doesn't fight with a sword".

It's just a meme at this point. Ikki has things he can do with skill that shouldn't be able to be done with skill. But just as an introduction, he can copy any sword style just from seeing it's stance and even in volume 1 it took him 30 seconds after he had copied a sword style to completely master and perfect the style making in flawless by fixing all its imperfections. Can negate friction in his swing via skill (don't ask me how it's done, it is just done), negates sound, energy lost with air etc. Insane info analysis and a lot more.

To bad he doesnt have that Insane Info Analysis or his weird Precog in this.

He does it as a 1-A no? He's living abstraction, no big deal to cut concepts in that form.

And if that's the case, Khorne should be yeeted outta there. I doubt he's ever fought with a sword at all.

No he does it as a 7-B

Hell he can cut shit like the future.

I believe half of that is not even skill at all...Like I am calling what most of Ikki does via "skill", and more of just an ability.

Cus akame doesn't poison via skill, soujirou cuts via skill apparently. So what can you do.

Soujirou does it through space cutting.

Besides, that's not only a very overly flexible rule, Akame is very good without Murasame, see literally every fight where the poison didn't work or the entirety of Zero.

Hell one of her keys doesn't even have it.

If it's not skill and comes as a result of him being an abstraction or something similar...He's getting booted.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I believe half of that is not even skill at all...
Everything about Ikki is skill. Even his stat amps are mostly skill (his magic gives a 2x stat amp, his skill boosts that to unknown limits for now i will give you a clear number when the verse is out of revisions). Besides that and the stat reduction (which comes from his sword) is pure raw skill. Even him breaking through fate is skill

YungManzi said:
If it's not skill and comes as a result of him being an abstraction or something similar...He's getting booted.
Its not, Fire is wrong.

Also tour point about Khorne is invalid since he is again basically the Concept of a Swordsman.

Wdym he doesn't?

Those arnt Sword Skill those are just skill and that means nothing here, only your skills with the sword is important and is used.

"Also, all abilities unrelated to sword skills are not accounted for."

Firephoenixearl said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
I believe half of that is not even skill at all...
Everything about Ikki is skill. Even his stat amps are mostly skill (his magic gives a 2x stat amp, his skill boosts that to unknown limits for now i will give you a clear number when the verse is out of revisions). Besides that and the stat reduction (which comes from his sword) is pure raw skill. Even him breaking through fate is skill
I am calling bullshit on us considering this skill and not just an ability.

I also call bullshit on Leaving Akame out despite the fact that she has a key that doesn't have Murasame and she has demonstrated combat against enemies who are immune to it.

She may not compete with the above but this is ridiculous if Ikki and Soujirou are allowed.....

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I am calling bullshit on us considering this skill and not just an ability.
What can you do about that? Call it an ability if you will, the author states "it's through sheer mastery". We can call it an ability, but it's still an ability via skill. Ikki's stated by top tier swordmasters of his verse to "be in a realm you cannot reach by training", but he did it via training (and he's 16).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I think we have an author who doesn't know what the difference between skill and "a skill" is...
Pretty sure he know it extremely well. He makes a very clear difference between "a skill" and raw skill. "A skill" is what most of the cast including Ikki has, skill is specific to Ikki and some of the cast.

Which makes no sense at all. One doesn't break fate with skill. That's an ability. Juat like cutting concepts is not skill, just an abiltiy.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Which makes no sense at all. One doesn't break fate with skill. That's an ability. Juat like cutting concepts is not skill, just an abiltiy.
He did it via trying hard. Like "this girl standing in front of me is a genius, and she's my lover, i cannot let her beat me or she will lose interest in me and find a stronger man, i have to break this chains of fate binding mean---wooah". Now he's immune to all fate, probability, precog and causality in the series. GG!

Things like this don't really mean anything outside of your verse though.

If in your verse you can cut concepts via skill or whatever, it just means that you're more skilled than people who can't do that (In-verse)

It's meaningless compared to other characters outside of your verse because it simply means that in their verse concept manipulation via skill isn't a thing

Oryx has that anyways so suck it earl

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The power of boner is strong with this one.
What makes the others on his level then?
Anything for babes

Idk assassin has a technique where he lunches 3 attacks at the same time by cutting from 3 different universes. But i don't agree him being on Ikki's level of skill cus while that may be a really good description for his skill, it's literally just 3 strikes from 3 directions. Not really something that will be stomping people left and right in stat equal fights.

The rest i have little to no knowledge about.

I already posted above what happen when Kojiro and Musashi fight. It isnt just 3.

He only slash 1 time, but 3 attack happen. that's it.

Kaltias said:
Things like this don't really mean anything out of verse though.
If in your verse you can cut concepts via skill or whatever, it just means that you're more skilled that people who can't do that.

It's meaningless compared to other characters outside of your verse because it simply means that in their verse concept manipulation via skill isn't a thing
Hmm...I might....agree somewhat.

Cutting concepts via skill doesn't make much sense and could be considered a verse-specific mechanic.

Things like cutting through the bonds between atoms and such are reasonable though. As that's at least conceptually achievable.

I know about the two above him if you want dragon (Equating Oryx directly to Khorne seems weird but)

Khorne
Khorne straight up is the concept of martial skill, combat, etc. Right off the bat it's already the culmination of all that across any possibility that did, is, never will exist, etc. In verse chaos is impossible to beat (besides Ynnead and Necrons I guess) due to this sort of thing, because trying to fight the concept of fighting just strengthens the concept of fighting because you feed into its nature. As such it's not really possible to outskill Khorne, because you yourself would feed into it and now it's just you + literally everything else. Chaos Gods fight amongst one another and khorne's less abstract manifestations sometimes have big sword made of universes so there you go for complaining about them not using swords or whatever

Oryx
Oryx is billions of years old, and has been fighting and destroying for most of that time. Lorewise every single one of his powers is part of what composes his symbolic (and therefore more true) sword because he's extremely powerful in the Sword Logic. With this "sword", he can deny concepts, laws, causality, the existence of his opponents, all by asserting his own existence and cutting away that which is weak and deserves to be destroyed. He isn't bound to much of anything because he has become an existence that defines itself by using this Sword Logic.

Even with literal swords, he definitely used that thing a lot considering that some people (particularly his sisters) resist his powers. He fought them tons of times because that's how Hive show their love for one another, by trying to kill them. His sisters are bound to the concepts of war and cunning respectively. He defeated war at her own game, and when cunning tried to feint and kill him when he dropped his guard he outdid her there too, decapitating her as she was only beginning to pull out her knife. He's defeated his children (one of which, Crota, was thrown throughout time and space and in the process became a legendary demon and a figure of many myths, Humanity feared him immensely for how effortlessly he repelled an attack of thousands of Guardians on the moon cutting them all down with his sword that took their light), and the Vex that have simulation tech so potent that infinite multiverses are considered small scale compared to their full potential couldn't manifest a mind that could defeat him at the Sword Logic. Everyone he kills or Takes, he can take their skill too. This was how his sisters and he got so strong, by level grinding by killing one another all the time.

I'd probably put Khorne on a spot above Oryx anyways because of even fighting at all just feeding into it (much less trying to fight Khorne) but Oryx is also rather crazy even without cheating.

Ashen One does sorta end up as "composite dark souls" in a way. Explanation later

Back