• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 most inconsistent/PIS´d verses

MCU, due to PIS.

The T.V shows have the Luke Cages and Jessica Jones as able to be overpowered by groups, despite being able to, at the very lowest showing, punch into and through thick walls. They have also been directly overpowered by regular people at one point.

The Movies have Cap, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, etc, being able to fight powerful superbeings in almost all of them, like Loki, Iron Man, Cull, etc.

I think people are putting marvel at number 1 because they just hate it.

It certainly is inconsistent. But how the HELL is it more inconsistent than pokemon.

Like seriously, ratattata can stomp an Arceus!

Or how about when Arceus got knocked out by a meteor, or a little kid can catch god

Mortal Kombat should be up there. Anyone who played the games knows what I'm talking about. Ermac easily destroyed Jax but lost to his daughter even though he could have just used Telekinisis, Sonya Blade beat Raiden and yes I'm sure he was holding back but she lost to freaking Kano in MK9 but then she beats both Kitana and Jade at the exact same time but Kitana beats freaking Shao Kahn!!! In MK11. So of Kano beat Sonya, that means he can beat Shao Kahn via scaling but he lost to Kotal Kahn in MK10 but Kotal Kahn lost to Shao Kahn in MK11... This goes on for some time.

I can keep going but to keep it short, this will lead to one big scaling of trash ending with everyone being able to beat anyone.

In Pokémon it's pure game mechanics, you don't see that sort of stuff in actual events of the series.

Early Naruto scaling is pretty weird. Naruto gets one shotted by Rock Lee and is quite inferior to Sasuke, but then he nae naes Gaara, who beat both. Maybe put it in, like, tenth place.

Would Fate/stay night count? Gilgamesh being the strongest Servant to be defeated by a teenager who is known to he "short" and "early".

ZackyD2 said:
I would nominate Nanatsu no Taizai as the power scaling is absolutely all over the place
Eh, I mean, this is true, but besides that, as far as plot and continuity goes, it seems fairly consistent. It's an inconsistent series, but I don't know if it's so inconsistent it deserves to be in the top 10.

Rose of Ragnarok said:
Gravity Falls?
Aside from the last episode, it's pretty tame as far as PIS goes. In terms of powerscaling at least.

ChocomilkAlex said:
RWBY should be in top 3 in my opinion.
You're tripping. Other than the character personalities and some of the minor powerscaling issues, there really aren't that many inconsistencies. Definitely nothing that can compete with Fairy Tail, Pokémon, DC, Marvel, or Mortal Kombat. And the plot is fairly consistent. You're exaggerating.

It's unfair to say that non story driven Video Game franchises are inconsistent. I'm more so talking about Pokemon. RWBY is still loaded with PIS and contrivences.

Why is Dragon Ball on the list? Excluding obvious parts Dragon Ball seems fairly consistent with powers and addresses characters getting stronger and getting weaker

Back