• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He was holding back since she was a woman, at the time. Which is shown by him literally fodderizing her right after and doing so to a guy that one-shot her as well a short while later.

You do know he has both active and passive barriers right? The active ones breaking would mean nothing for the passive ones, which he could definitely maintain long enough to break away with levitation (he even has better stamina). And I'm fairly sure an AoE blast of either TK or psychic energy would be the best bet to push an invisible opponent away. He may not be a combat genius but he certainly isn't stupid.

Pretty sure Mob is astute enough to keep the advice afterwards or at least learn from the experience. The reason this is never put to the test since he never has to fight another woman in the series again. He isn't just going to let her beat him up especially after that fight.

Didn't really expect to change yours either but at this point then it's best to wait for what others have to say.

Did he not defeat her off camera? That tell us nothing as to how he fights, for all we know her tactic of being faster than him to not let her activate TK would have just failed after he went serious.

Yeah, I do know that he has passive barriers due to his overflowing psychic energy, but those passive barriers are weaker than his active ones as far as I remember, or at the very least relative, and if the caharacter enough power to break through the active barrier they would be unaffected by the passive ones. I only recall weaker characters that could not break his active barriers (or had a really ahrd time) having trouble with his passive one in the entire series (dimple, and teruki for example), or am I forgetting someone? Because agaisnt Suzuki his barrier he had transformed it into converting psychic energy to absorb it, not tank it.

She won't play around with him, she will dissapear and go for what she is going to do, that is the dannoura style, as you said yourself Mob is no combat genius, that is not the first thing that will come to his mind, if anything he will be suprised, again, just like in the figh.

...What? Like actually, what? Since when is CoNSenT advice? That is not aquiring combat experince either... why are you overcomplicating/twisting stuff? It is as simple as her saying "Ok, hit me, I allow it to have a fair match because that is what I want"

Ok.

Him defeating her after she allows him to should be pretty indicative of how out-classed she was.

He tanks the 0.1 ton attack with his passive barriers. And can we stop assuming that Tomochika is breaking through his barriers in that short a time? He's the one with the far greater stamina and could maintain his barriers against her for a pretty long time all things considered.

Not much to add here that isn't covered above.

I never said he gains combat experience at all. He's been in this exact situation before and would have likely learned from it. Him holding back actually got him injured before, both against Koyama and Tsuchiya. There's a difference between getting taught a lesson actively and learning something from a mistake that you made. In this case he held back against Tsuchiya and was almost overwhelmed until he actually started pushing back. Why would he not realize that now?

Duh, there was quite the power gap between them, but power is not what we were discussing.

Ah, right, Tomochika's stamina should probably be edited, latest chapters showed people on roughly the same level killing over 840 monsters each iirc. Besides that, his active barrier would probably not even be up when Tomochika catches him off guard as she tricks his mind to think she is further away than she really is before disappearing and going behind him. The power gap is not all that, and 0.1 tons was already slightly passing the limits of his passive barrier as Teruki's attacks hurt him to the extent of him saying "Ouch", not much? Yeah, but his barrier is compromised which is what matters.

Learn exactly what from it? You are just speculating here m8 because as Tsuchiya's fight showed he learned nothing from Koyama's fight and in Tsuchiya's fight he refused to fight back even after being hurt, he only fought back because she told him to go ahead and go all out. Why does the latter matter? Because pain was not relevant enough for him to break his morals, which will result in fatal here.

>Doesn't learn from fighting Koyama

>Fodderizes him and other male espers the first chance he got after their fight.

>Doesn't learn from Tsuchiya

>Fodderizes her and later on a feminine ghost in early parts of season 2 without a second thought.

You know what? If I can't convince you then that's on me. I'm just gonna wait for more people since that's all we can do at this point.

> He just was not playing around because Ritsu was kidnapped, but ok, whatever yeah, it was defintely just him knowing he was gonna get hurt. Besides the fact that these do not get the lol female exception that appeared later on shwoing that his morals took precedence over combat experience.

> She said it was ok and Evil Spirits do not get the same treatment from Shigeo as humans, and I am pretty sure anyone who has read Mob Psycho knows that, only spirits he hesitated to kill in the entire series was Dimple after he befriended him and the spirit family. But yeah totally m8.

Cheers then. I am expecting this to die down or suffer from more popular series vs less popular series.

I vote for tomochika by the way, Obvlivion.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Duh, there was quite the power gap between them, but power is not what we were discussing.

Ah, right, Tomochika's stamina should probably be edited, latest chapters showed people on roughly the same level killing over 840 monsters each iirc. Besides that, his active barrier would probably not even be up when Tomochika catches him off guard as she tricks his mind to think she is further away than she really is before disappearing and going behind him. The power gap is not all that, and 0.1 tons was already slightly passing the limits of his passive barrier as Teruki's attacks hurt him to the extent of him saying "Ouch", not much? Yeah, but his barrier is compromised which is what matters.

Learn exactly what from it? You are just speculating here m8 because as Tsuchiya's fight showed he learned nothing from Koyama's fight and in Tsuchiya's fight he refused to fight back even after being hurt, he only fought back because she told him to go ahead and go all out. Why does the latter matter? Because pain was not relevant enough for him to break his morals, which will result in fatal here.
SBA means they start seeing each other and about to fight. Tomochika has to make herself invisible first. So this case Mob should be making his barrier and searching for the girl with his guard on.

Once the girl kicks in, she will hit (and break) the barrier, and then Mob will TK harass her directly or with any object nearby. Voting Mob high diff (and F whatever RA)

Tomochika's invisibility takes practically no time at all, she can activate it right off the bat, which results effective for Tsuchiya when he was just trying to pin her down instead of knocking her out with psychich attacks, so Shigeo won't be pinning her down with TK anytime soon (even if she could not break out which she should be able to).

Is small building level not usually enough to break most objects in central park? And again, she will appear behind him like she usually dos, not on his face to leave herself wide open.

This fight is really simialr to Tsuchiya's tbh, only that Tomochika has the means to kill him, but oh well, guess Shigeo would take it despite his win con needing more stuff to go his way and far more time.

I do not believe he will be pinning her down, nothing like that. Him trying to restrain her is obviously not gonna work.

Them breaking is irrelevant, them imparting the power of Mob's attacks is what matters.

Right but TK harass still requires Shigeo to know where she is to, you know, attack her. This key has little AoE attacks or simply really big stuff he can throw.

Which is not really difficult if you are flying, since her technique is not gonna be working like that. This is not a bunch of punches Mob can barely feel. Invinsibility also means he doesn't even know she's a woman.

More like, Mob wasn't even looking in the direction of Tsuchiya when he sends one of his blasts, he wasn't looking in her direction before and after the punch.

Mobu1
Mob2
Mob3
Mob4

Literally this fight

Mob would not start flying right off the bat tho, that is pretty ooc, and even then it is pretty rare for him to even start flying away to gain distance even later on.

Yeah but she won't try to only hurt him to death, she will try to compromise his vital parts right off the bat, she basically knows the human anatomy like the palm of her hand when it is put to practical fighting stuff. The justification for him tanking a kick to the balls that quite literally can destroy them via form and not power is also pretty out there with Teruki's choke and gut kick (which caused him to pass out) apparently being used to justify it.

They start the fight looking at each other, it takes Mob the same amount of time that it takes Tomochika to recognize there is something there in front of him. Do not mistake he would see her, it is just that she would start off with her technique right away.

I do not know which part you are refering to in your last statement.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Does it really matter if it intangible or not? What he is doing is applying a force, at the end of the day you do not need to interact with the source as long as you apply an equal or greater force, or did I miss something in mob psycho regarding TK? The fact that Mob still has an exploitable weakness that can be exploited here is still a thing.
Espers in MP100 can overpower different telekinesis because they got non-physical interaction. There are types of TK where you are not getting paralyzed but just ragdolled and your body is controlled by this intangible energy.

Mob's Class 5 means that he can mainly ragdoll humans, he doesn't need to restrain them tight

SpookyShadow said:
Espers in MP100 can overpower different telekinesis because they got non-physical interaction. There are types of TK where you are not getting paralyzed but just ragdolled and your body is controlled by this intangible energy.

Mob's Class 5 means that he can mainly ragdoll humans, he doesn't need to restrain them tight
Good point. Perhaps you could post some snippets of your conversation with DMUA to better get the point across since he seems to also not believe that higher LS> TK.

SpookyShadow said:
I'll write to him, maybe he remembers which thread was that, but that wasn't Mob thread for sure.
Just ask him what his views on this scenario are.

Jasonsith said:
The TK vs LS issue is briefly discussed here.
Then it gets ignored because Kai AP stomps due to RWBY getting downgraded.

Technically:

Finer Telekinesis allows Durability Negation, but it only applies to very crafted TK users. Usually it is not applicable for "general" TK users.

Flight, Surface Scaling, anchoring on the surface etc allows various degree of resistance against general TK qualitatively. Once it is qualitatively possible, then it is a struggle of lifting strength.
First, could you try to summarize the parts involving TK on those threads, they seem.... messy.

Second, Tomochika has none of those abilities so how would this go? Would she resist or no? I'm leaning towards the latter with what you've shown me but I'm not sure.

Mob out here ragdolling girls off the rip? He's required to see her and perform hand gestures in order to activate it. Tomochika will be capable of activating her invisibility more efficiently and it's in her character then just rushing him with enough ap to hurt him.

Via SBA, he's willing to kill. Mob in character wouldn't hurt her without permission, but Mob willing to kill will probably turn her to ball.

When he sees her disappearing he will activate his shell most likely.

Hi. "In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't."

I'm also just curious at this point. Why does one need to interact with the source of the force directly to oppose it? Can a human not fight back against magnetism due to them not being able to interact with the electromagnetic field directly?

Ignoring parts of rules is not cool vrodie.

Then what? Just stay in there? It's not like he's going to realize the exact location of tomochika if she's constantly moving and hammering.

"must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't"

If he's willing to kill, there can be a reason why. For example, hurting Ritsu or something. If he's at this level of rage, then he will kill her with no doubts.

The lifting strength is mainly just, lifting things, it's not usually grip strength. 100% Mob could crush Toichiro besides Toichiro being, pretty much more powerful, as I remember.

SoulRebell said:
Ignoring parts of rules is not cool vrodie.
Then what? Just stay in there? It's not like he's going to realize the exact location of tomochika if she's constantly moving and hammering.
If she hits the shell he will instantly know where she is

Willing to kill is for stuff like Batman's thing where he refuses to kill and just incaps the opponent, not bloodlust, they're different stuff and a rule that's set on matches for a reason, you're basically bloodlusting Mob for this match.

Suzuki broke out of his TK crush tho? Unless you mean twisting his body into obvlivion which is not the nearly the same as ragdolling.

Has mob ever used his active barrier and ragdolled someone? In this version of course. And his character flaws are still to be considered. To be honest it's like you aren't even reading the sentence. "including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." If he's normally casual why would be at the same level of rage as if someone was hurting his brother. That's just illogical and contradicting the rules. His mindset is the same but he will be ready to kill if it comes to it.

Back