• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shigeo Kageyama vs Andrew Detmer

Starting moves and haxes in characters?
Both generally use telekinesis as their starting moves and throw things at their opponents or send them flying. Andrew has slightly higher lifting strength, so it wouldn't be possible for Mob to paralyze Andrew with his psychic powers like he usually does with normal opponents. Andrew doesn't have the same ability to paralyze his opponents, or at least he's never shown restraining them with his telekinesis like Mob does.

I'm not sure what the difference in AP is since Andrew's 9-A justification is based on him surviving being thrown through several buildings and surviving a gas explosion. I believe that Mob has greater maneuverability and more advanced psychic powers, since he has the ability to generate forcefields and blasts of psychic energy. Andrew can also generate forcefields, but they don't seem to be as effective as Mob's shields since he needs to make a more conscious effort to utilize them and keep them active and it doesn't seem as though they can always protect him fully. He can also generate concussive blasts which cn send his opponent flying, which is another one of his main moves.

When it comes to stamina, I think that Andrew has the edge over Mob here. He was capable of enduring a prolonged fight against Matt even after having been severely injured by the gas explosion and presumably administered drugs as well, where he was covered in bandages, bleeding from his entire arm and was having difficulty standing up. Whereas Mob never showed that level of stamina in the first season.

Apparently, Andrew can ignore conventional durability by targeting a person's organs, which was based off of him ripping the teeth out of one of his bullies during the film, but I'm not sure how advanced this ability is or if he can affect any other organs, since the teeth are one of the most exposed organs in the body. He never uses that during his fight with Matt, so it seems unlikely he'd use it in a battle against Mob.

Mob has massive enough AP advantage to oneshot, considering that Andrew is baseline without a calc and Mob has upscaling from 0.1 tons.

Mob has massive enough AP advantage to oneshot, considering that Andrew is baseline without a calc and Mob has upscaling from 0.1 tons.
Are you sure that the AP gap is that big? It seems unlikely. Sure, I imagine Mob’s AP is larger, but is it really enough to one-shot? That seems unlikely. Regardless of that, I still believe Mob would win due to his greater versatility with his powers.

Are you sure that the AP gap is that big? It seems unlikely. Sure, I imagine Mob’s AP is larger, but is it really enough to one-shot? That seems unlikely. Regardless of that, I still believe Mob would win due to his greater versatility with his powers.
He's baseline 9-A without a calc. Mob is almost 9-A+. That's more than enough.

Back