• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SpookyShadow said:
Mob will not stand there while she disappears tho. He can easily bind her while she disappears and then KO her with trees (the location is Central Park after all so he had big environmental advantage)
It takes like, 1 second for her to disappear tho

Still enduring a gut kick and being chocked while extremely exhausted >>>> Enduring a nut kick, Mob has vastly superhuman stamina and surprisingly good pain tolerance

Yes, and it's Mob using esper powers, he can use them whenever he wants to and Mob during Koyama and Teru fight was in this key. Here he's willing to kill so he's going defense/attack mode, he's not just standing here waiting to take yeet into nuts like an idiot

If he cant see the target then he'll eventually get kicked anyway

His only chances are intercepting Tomochika right off the bat, or flying immediately and attacking from there

(thats how I see, at least)

But vote counted

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Tomochika seems to be stronger than him AP wise, so forcefields may not work well
He cant TK her like that because Tomochika has higher lifting strength
About AP, Mob is either strong enough to one-shot someone stroger than 0.0423 tons(calc #3) or is slightly hurt by an 0.108 tons attack(calc #4) according to these calcs..

Tomochika is 0.1277 by scaling to Ryoko, so no big difference here.

Voting for Mob. And by the way, shouldn't he be a good bit higher than the calc implies? The feat was performed by Teruki who later on almost gets overwhelmed by an esper that's weaker than Tsuchiya who was previously one-shot by an esper that Mob effortlessly stomped.

I'd just like to say that Tsuchiya saying it is ok to hit her does not mean that he loses that mindset, it's really more of an exception to it, not the norm. Secondly, her ability to disappear is not limited to just kicking him in the balls, with the ability several of the vital parts of a human are exposed for which she could go and attempt to put them down swiftly.

I discussed the Lifting STR > TK thingie with DMUA and it's kinda debunked right now as it's intangible force, so he has another wincon here

Does it really matter if it intangible or not? What he is doing is applying a force, at the end of the day you do not need to interact with the source as long as you apply an equal or greater force, or did I miss something in mob psycho regarding TK? The fact that Mob still has an exploitable weakness that can be exploited here is still a thing.

Oh really? I do quite clearly remember him getting hit quite a lot against Tsuchiya before she told him it was okay to hit her, which again is an exception not the norm, I do not know why it is being passed as the norm when she said she wanted him to go all out against her and that it was ok.

I still see the fact that she can go for multiple actually vital splots from her dissappearence technique besides the balls go on ignored.

Mokomoko would probably alert Tomochika to release her spiritual seal to go for the kill with every single hit too considering she has access to the world's layer of infromation when she is not isekaid and even without it she can disern how much of a threat the opponent may be by just looking at them.

"Formerly refrained from killing or harming others with his esper abilities, especially women, although he loses this later in the series. Has to experience strong emotions to enter 100% mode and can be knocked out/incapacitated before reaching it | None notable | Can be reverted by Mob himself through him coming to terms with his alter ego, although this doesn't apply much to combat"

This is his first key, too.

Wait, wouldn't extreme physical and emotional stress likely trigger ???% taking control? Unless she kills him really quickly then that's something she definitely has to worry about. But still, if it doesn't then Mob still takes this in base.

Also what's this I'm hearing about Mob not immediately going for the attack against Tomochika? She's still a ghost that's fighting him and her being a woman doesn't change that as much as a human would. He's definitely not going to have a hard time doing something he's been doing for 3 years i.e. exorcising what looks like a spirit to him.

I still want someone to explain why that you are taking this for the Pre-7th Division Arc Shige, it is not my fault that whoever created the profile decided to lump the weakness for the pre 7th division arc and post 7th division arc together... even assuming this became the norm this event that triggered it becoming the norm has nor even occured since it is Pre-7th division arc which either means during or before the arc (depending on how it was grouped) not after it.

Planck69 said:
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Tomochika isnt a ghost...
Fairly sure that's what Mob would assume after looking at her once.
Baseless assumpion that is? When did he even come close to being that dumb in the anime or manga, he can tell spirits appart from humans... like come on.

Planck69 said:
Wait, wouldn't extreme physical and emotional stress likely trigger ???% taking control? Unless she kills him really quickly then that's something she definitely has to worry about. But still, if it doesn't then Mob still takes this in base.
I got distracted by the other statement but Tomochika would go for the kill with every single action she does on top of having access to most vital parts of the human anatomy easily, which was degraded to just kicking him in the balls for whatever reason.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
I got distracted by the other statement but Tomochika would go for the kill with every single action she does on top of having access to most vital parts of the human anatomy easily, which was degraded to just kicking him in the balls for whatever reason.
I doubt she's getting past his force-fields fast enough to do so. And even then, he would likely just pin her down the moment he sees her when the fight begins.

She has higher lifting strenght than Mob so she could just break out of the TK and on top of that her starting move is using a technique that causes her dissappear from the opponent's vision for prologed amounts of time along via skill + them misjudging the distance between them and herself. She could destroy the force fields while still being out of his vision, and then go for a the fatal blows.

She has higher lifting strenght than Mob so she could just break out of the TK and on top of that her starting move is using a technique that causes her dissappear from the opponent's vision for prologed amounts of time along via skill + them misjudging the distance between them and herself. She could desroy the force fields while still being out of his vision, and then go for a the fatal blows.
Pretty sure Mob would try to levitate away the moment he starts being overwhelmed by her constant barrage on his force-fields, then proceed to blast her with psychic energy at range.

Except he did not do that in any fight... he never went and levitated away to gain distance or anything like that on any fight of his current key, so that is OOC. Beyond that ofc the fact that every blow she deals will be with the intending to kill him in that action so if he tried to block it like he did against Tsuchiya with her barrage of punches he would most likely die with her attacking his vitals.

Except he did not do that in any fight... he never went andlevitated away to gain distance or anything like that on any fight of his current key, so that is OOC. Beyond that ofc the fact that every blow she deals will be with the intending to kill him in that action so if he tried to block it like he did against Tsuchiya with her barrage of punches he would most likely die with her attacking his vitals.
He's never had to fight a comparable chaarcter one on one in this key. He does this quite fine when against the Super Five in season two, both against Minegishi and Serizawa because both of them were around his level of power or even above at the time. He definitey isn't sticking around when she can break through his barriers and is likely just as if not stronger than he is. It may not be something he's had to do but it's definitely the only logical course of action I can see him taking against a comparable enemy.

How about we take fights that acually took place within this Mob's keys as an example? I mean later on examples are fine and all but fights that took place within the key should take priority.
Mob vs Tsuchiya A Gentleman Mob Psycho 100-0
Mob vs Tsuchiya A Gentleman Mob Psycho 100-0

In this entire fight he did not attempt to retreat even once despite him getting completely destroyed, so how come? She could get through his barriers, she was making him spit out blood, so what is the fundamental difference for Mobu here? At this point you are arguing for Mob's abilities and not Mob himself.
Furthermore, he would have literally no way of knowing how strong Tomochika is until she breaks his barriers, at which point it would be too late.

There he knew he could fodderize her and promptly did. Here he's legitimately against the wall with no way of just blasting her and knocking her out. And Mob in this fight already loses that hesitance to hit women anyway which is why he allowed himself to get beaten up in the first place (the key would imply 9-A Mob at his peak in experience and power which is definitely after this fight).The moment his active forcefields break he could just push her away with TK and levitate to get breathing room. After which he could just play the range game and blast her to beat her.

Loook if we can't agree on this then we could bring in other people and see what they think since we're going nowhere at this rate.

Even before being cornered, he was in the middle of the room just trying over an over to get her with his TK and failing.

You also did not adress the last part of my comment, he has no way of discening Tomochika's power until she already broke through the barriers when it is already too late. You are saying he would push her away but she would need to be on his field of vision as demonstrated by the fight I linked, and she would be using her technique + would likely attack him from behind which would mean he has to turn around to even counter attack.

Going back to my previous argument that did not get adressed beyond "It is on his profile" why is an exception to the rule treated as the norm? She did not tell him it was okay to beat woman for equality, lol, all she did was tell him that she wanted a fair fight so it was okay for him to go all out. Excemption =/= Norm.

I never expected to change your opnion but the arguments being made for Mob no total sense to me as someone who read the series and Tomochika ofc had the lack of defenders with her being watered down.

Back