• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah I meant crushing his body

Anyways, I don't think Mob while willing to kill Tomochika by that SBA definition is going to stand here and take a yeet to his balls, I think he will at least try to put himself on defensive

If she hits the shell he will instantly know where she is

Then what? She'll just stand there waiting for him to turn, do his hand gesture and get rag dolled..?

SoulRebell said:
Has mob ever used his active barrier and ragdolled someone? In this version of course. And his character flaws are still to be considered. To be honest it's like you aren't even reading the sentence. "including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." If he's normally casual why would be at the same level of rage as if someone was hurting his brother. That's just illogical and contradicting the rules. His mindset is the same but he will be ready to kill if it comes to it.
He ragdolled Koyama like a bitch and he is capable of using barriers, so why wouldn't he do that?

That was bad argument yeah, but it's not like he will just... stand here, and think "she is a girl, plus pretty, but I feel like killing her is necessary"

Maybe I misunderstand the sentence "however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't", my English is not perfect, but I feel like it's "is in character, has those flaws but is going to kill anyways". If I misunderstand, then just correct me.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Then what? She'll just stand there waiting for him to turn, do his hand gesture and get rag dolled..?
By anime rules, yeah.

Didn't Mob also have thought based TK that doesn't require him to do gesture? Maybe I'm wrong, correct me.

" Bloodlust refers to a state where a character is fighting without any inhibitions, and cares about nothing other than defeating the enemy.

A bloodlusted character will not be victim to Character Induced Stupidity, and will be much more likely to speed blitz opponents (if doing so is within their powerset)."

He's still bound to CIS, as I said before willing to kill is for stuff where the character refuses to kill an enemy and just incapacitates them. He'll still be hesitant to even incap.

The thought based one has just been used to push someone away, not rag doll them. If he wants to rag doll then he does his hand gesture.

Mokomoko would warn/inform her, she has precog + access to the information layer of the world when she is not isekaid. Besides that there's also the fact that if she didn't she would appear behind him anyways, it's 1 kick timeframe vs reacting, turning and either thinking or hand gesture but thinking she can oppose it with just her leg strength.

He only did that because the mental state he was in. Because he isn't in the same mental state. His brother was captured it's not the same situation. This is just some random girl he is meant to fight. And will kill if it comes to it. That's what willing is. Prepared or ready to kill. In the character of mob this is not something he'd usually do but if it were to come down it he'd do it. Also against koyama he didn't have his barrier active. He just paralyzed then ragdolled. Well at least round 2. Round 1 he was in 100% mode.

Not going to stand there obviously. But his character wouldn't be the same if it's someone who's hurting and causing pain to his brother.

Going to and willing to are two different things. Being ready and prepared does not mean they will execute it. If it's a character like mob that'd be like a last choice from the way I see it. It does not mean he's in rage mode or 100%.

We've been in grace for a while, since quirky boy. Although the FRAs are just FRAing arguments that completely ignore his weakness or badly justify it, but well

Given

Tomochika Dannoura's AP yield ~= 534,382,272.7 Joules (~0.1277 Tons of TNT, Small building+)

Shigeo Kageyama's AP yield = 177,280,000 J (0.0423 Tons of TNT, Small building)

So the girl is ~3 times stronger than the boy.

The girl has invisibility, but the boy has telekinesis, danmaku, forcefield creation, paralysis inducement... all of which are good counters against the brawler girl. Therefore people are mostly voting for Mob.

Now some people are arguing:

1. Can Tomochika, with her lifting strength, move through Mob's telekinesis? I have listed some conditions already. Which... the girl has little to no qualitative counter against Mob despite her superior lifting strength (her Class 10 vs Mob's Class 5).

2. How do we limit Mob's... more pacifist character? SBA says "in-character but willing to kill". Some says it is NLF to make pacifists stay dumb and not fight back otherwise all strong but pacifist characters will die to enemies they should not die to and therefore make versus debates moot. Some says pacifism is CIS and CIS should still be applied.

Anchoring to the surface via her suit, yes.

It is not that he is only a pacifist, of course that he is on battle mindset but he has a weakness and you guys are trying to remove that CIS for no reason besides it resulting him Mob getting beaten up. When his weakness was displayed he was on a battle mindset as well and was pretty pissed about Ritsu being kidnapped stating that he was not gonna play around, but he has morals he is not a walking rock with esper powers. This CIS still takes a role on the battle, unless you want to take away his morals via bloodlust which is not active here.

This battle basically comes down to a few moves for either side versatility does not have much effect when it comes down to a few actions. Furthermore force field creation, and his form of paralysis both can get countered by higher stats on certain areas, and his danmmaku usage is extremley rare, specially when he is not on one of his % states, so again, versatility does not matter. TK is his victory condition but she has to be on his field of vision, which she will rarely be in and even then ragdolling might take way longer when she can encapsulate herself within an omnidirectional shield.

Small correction; Mob scales above Teruki who yields around 0.1 tons (the calc isn't linked to their profiles for some reason). But maybe it wasn't accepted so I'm not sure.

Agree with everything else though. People really overplay Mob's pacifism in this scenario especially with SBA active. Being a pacifist doesn't mean that you suddenly stop having common sense. Nevermind how people bring up Mob not flying away when the only fight he should have done that was one that was in an closed room against an esper that he'd assume could do the same. Here it's just a really strong, skilled girl that can camoflauge herself. No reason for him to assume that taking it to the air would be a bad idea since it's the easiest and cleanest way to end the fight.

okay so apparently I was asked about TK vs Lifting strength so I'll just do that and never care about this thread again

The thing about Telekinesis is that, just having greater strength won't cut it. Unless you have something like flight or your own personally telekinesis, you can't just grapple out of being lifted into the air by an invisible force. You'd need something to grip onto, or you just kinda won't get anywhere

Planck69 said:
Agree with everything else though. People really overplay Mob's pacifism in this scenario especially with SBA active. Being a pacifist doesn't mean that you suddenly stop having common sense. Nevermind how people bring up Mob not flying away when the only fight he should have done that was one that was in an closed room against an esper that he'd assume could do the same. Here it's just a really strong, skilled girl that can camoflauge herself. No reason for him to assume that taking it to the air would be a bad idea since it's the easiest and cleanest way to end the fight.
Nice head canon there, I mean where would you exactly get that assumption from if it is not.

Stop acting like Mob is a combat machine, like this is actually getting to the sponge bob pirate level of what he would do because you find it logical for him to do but he has never done it. The times he started flying when the opponent has not taken off was because he could tell their power and he was getting overwhealmed by the sheer amount of plants abd stuff, neither which he would happen here.

Just why are you tryng to ignore CIS? I get that pacifisim gets overplayed but this is straight up just a weakness he has even when in battle mindset.

Thanks for the input.

Well that settles things underwhelmingly quickly. Mob sees her the moment the fight begins and either rag-dolls her or pins her down and knocks her out to end this non-violently.

She can anchor herself to the surface, ragdoll requires hand gesture (think activation just sends out a force of TK that pushes everything away as shown by the enviroment also getting destroyed) which is slower than just dissapearing and she can also protect herself in an omnidirectional shield. I do not know if you asked DMUA to comment here but that point had already been given by Jason, which I did respond to, which means that it makes little to no difference.

Actually it was some other dude but either way, if she has a specific counter method that isn't just lol strong it should work

Otherwise she'd basically be trying to wrestle air

SoulRebell said:
It's like he didn't even read any argument being presented against mob lmao.
read my message wall

basically every day, I get at least 3 different messages about something or another, usually calcs

So, I just came in to say the thing I was asked about, and nothing else. I don't think Mob wins, because I don't care enough about the match to determine stuff

I'm just saying, being strong doesn't allow you to wrestle an invisible force

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
She can anchor herself to the surface, ragdoll requires hand gesture (think activation just sends out a force of TK that pushes everything away as shown by the enviroment also getting destroyed) which is slower than just dissapearing and she can also protect herself in an omnidirectional shield. I do not know if you asked DMUA to comment here but that point had already been given by Jason, which I did respond to, which means that it makes little to no difference.
Mob's TK is thought based, I don't know where your getting the idea that he can only use it with a gesture when he clearly does otherwise when fighting Toichiro. A shield means nothing since she's the one the force (which doesn't need to travel a cetain path) is targeting. Hell, a character with stronger chields than Mob is canonically pretzeled by him anyway. And why would she even protect herself against an invisible force that she can neither detect nor is she aware of?

SoulRebell said:
It's like he didn't even read any argument being presented against mob lmao.
You think I'm being unreasonable and overstating Mob? Then vote against him, it's as simple as that. I and others presented why we think he would win and the other side did so for Tomochika as well. If you think I'm wrong that's fine, you're free to disagree. Let others show what they think by voting.

Anyway, I'm going to hit the hay.

Seriously, you are salty over a debate where 2 fictional characters fight? Instead you can just write what you disagree with, again, to precise why your opponent in debate is wrong.

Huh? At the start of the battle when he is not in 100% mode he needs to do his hand gesture to attempt to do the thing, unless you are trying to justify something for base mob using 100% I do not see where you are going. Koyama vs Mob? Tsu I forgot her name vs Mob? Him lifting any object up? All of them having using the hand gesture, so just why I wonder? When he did not use it he caused enviromental damage with a one direction push, not a ragdoll effect.

Base Mob has only shown to be able to TK things in his field of vision and failed at TKing stuff he could not see, her dark omnidirectional shield would definetley cut off his vision.

Is TK not of supernatural nature similar to spirits? Because Tomochika can see supernatural non corporeal stuff like spirits and stuff similar in nature to them.

SpookyShadow said:
Seriously, you are salty over a debate where 2 fictional characters fight? Instead you can just write what you disagree with, again, to precise why your opponent in debate is wrong.
Just because I debate back? I thought this was the point of vs threads? The matter as to how invested people get on their arguments is an unrelated thing to me. I actually kind of saw it coming that people would think I am mad or annoyed or salty when this is just a hobby for me, although the short nature of arguments made in most vs threads is to blame for that.

I like both characters, lol, I just took the side that I would think would win and I think the opposing arguments are bad, it is not nothing mayor although I can imagine this already painting a bad image of myself because I did not yield.

Won't be responding for a few hours after this post but:

There's no reason to assume that he somehow gets a boon in control when he enters 100%. It's neither a new ability nor something that needs greater power. But if this doesn't satisfy you then Mob puts back a torn book together with little to no hand-gestures beyond opening his palms to hold it.

She starts visible. He sees her and atttempts to hold her with TK and succeeds since she can't do much of anything about it.

Seeing spirits=/= seeing TK. I don't even think espers in the verse can actually see the force itself.

SpookyShadow said:
This is for me I assume?

Back