• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers Discussion Thread!

Yeah most of what i wrote is stuff i feel he should have have a while ago like pain tolerance
Mikey can't get Analytical Prediction just for that, it's just a good intelligence feat. I think Mikey's intelligence should be changed to "Above Average normally, Genius in combat." because he is considered a genius martial arts prodigy and he can use multiple different martial arts, even though he didn't even learn some of them (or at least I think so), plus this feat.

Mikey can't get Analytical Prediction just for that, it's just a good intelligence feat. I think Mikey's intelligence should be changed to "Above Average normally, Genius in combat." because he is considered a genius martial arts prodigy and he can use multiple different martial arts, even though he didn't even learn some of them (or at least I think so), plus this feat.
No its not. But that isn't just about how smart he is. For Mikey to tell Izana he wont hit him again then read every attack he throws with perfect counters thats predicting, he did the same thing to south which is why the damage was significantly different. It should be impossible to read the movements of someone that knows the future and what you will do and yet Mikey still dodged one of his punches in the recent chapter.

It should be impossible to read the movements of someone that knows the future and what you will do and yet Mikey still dodged one of his punches in the recent chapter.
Mikey didn't just simply read it, he either became faster or Takemichi became slower, we already talked about this.

Takemitchy said it took everything he had to dodge Mikey’s attacks. Takemitchy sees the future —> Dodges to the opposite direction —> Dodges Mikey’s hit.

BUUT if Mikey gets faster (something Takemitchy literally said he did), he cant dodge in time. Come on this is common sense. Same thing happens with Luffy when he fought Kaido.

0268-007.png

0268-006.png

0268-010.png

Here Takemitchy goes from dodging Mikey’s attacks and being capable of punching back to having to block his strikes and commenting “is he getting faster?”.

Takemitchy said it took everything he had to dodge Mikey’s attacks. Takemitchy sees the future —> Dodges to the opposite direction —> Dodges Mikey’s hit.

BUUT if Mikey gets faster (something Takemitchy literally said he did), he cant dodge in time. Come on this is common sense. Same thing happens with Luffy when he fought Kaido.
Again, it could be Takemichi becoming slower, but if we say that it's Mikey becoming faster it isn't Statistics Amplification, Empowerment or Rage Power.

Which is a form rage power which i always said Mikey had. Good point.

Mikey didn't just simply read it, he either became faster or Takemichi became slower, we already talked about this.
Mikey reading his attacks has nothing to do with speed. Thats skills that most prodigy fighters possess. Non prodigy's make up for this lack of talent with physical attributes such as speed and physical strength

Again, it could be Takemichi becoming slower, but if we say that it's Mikey becoming faster it isn't Statistics Amplification, Empowerment or Rage Power.
So just make it a possibly and be done with it? I dont see why this is an issue. Noticing you are getting slower is far easier then noticing they’re getting faster, so the fact his line of reasoning is “damn is he getting faster” helps that narrative.

Furthermore, he only actually got faster AFTER they had an emotional conversation that climaxes right before Mikey gets “faster”

0268-009.png

Bare minimum there’s enough evidence to support the fact Mikey got faster, but since it isnt confirmed either use possibly or likely, i honestly dont really care.

Please do keep in mind, im just stating the fact its probable Mikey did indeed get faster after the high emotional climax of their conversation. Honestly dont care for what abilities would come from that line of reasoning.

So just make it a possibly and be done with it? I dont see why this is an issue. Noticing you are getting slower is far easier then noticing they’re getting faster, so the fact his line of reasoning is “damn is he getting faster” helps that narrative.

Furthermore, he only actually got faster AFTER they had an emotional conversation that climaxes right before Mikey gets “faster”

0268-009.png

Bare minimum there’s enough evidence to support the fact Mikey got faster, but since it isnt confirmed either use possibly or likely, i honestly dont really care.
I agree, but are you saying add possibly or likely to his speed?
Please do keep in mind, im just stating the fact its probable Mikey did indeed get faster after the high emotional climax of their conversation. Honestly dont care for what abilities would come from that line of reasoning.
Yeah i think likely higher should be added to his speed and "Higher with dark impulses" should be added to every other category. Taiju Shiba should get "higher" as well due to the other CRT off the Takemichi statement

I'm going to explain this tomorrow, I'm too tired right now.
Okay, so: I'm not against Mikey getting an ability for becoming faster, but Takemichi becoming slower because of his injures and the amount of time he fought for could be possible, so we should wait for more chapters to confirm that Mikey did get faster. Also if Mikey would get an ability for it, it wouldn't be Statistics Amplification, Empowerment or Rage Power. Both Angry and South have Empowerment (though South currently has Statistics Amplification, but it will be changed after my CRT), but Mikey is different, and Mikey becoming faster against Takemichi actually proves that his dark impulses are different than South's. South becomes stronger if his dark impulses get stronger, and his dark impulses become stronger by his desire and excitement to fight. If South loses his desire and excitement to fight he can't become stronger anymore, and he most likely goes back to how strong he was in his base form. This is obvious Empowerment. Mikey's dark impulses peaked in chapter 262, since during his fight with Takemichi he started becoming more and more sane and less berserk, starting to gain more control over himself, resulting in his emotions that trigger his dark impulses to become weaker. Because of this, it can't be Empowerment or Rage Power, and it can't be Statistics Amplification either since it's not like he activated something and became stronger on purpose. It would be battle type Accelerated Development. It pretty much raises the person's power level slowly during a fight, which can allow the person to adapt to someone stronger, and beat them. So in conclusion, when Mikey gets taken over by his dark impulses he doesn't suddenly just become stronger, but it allows him to become stronger if he fights someone.

Okay, so: I'm not against Mikey getting an ability for becoming faster, but Takemichi becoming slower because of his injures and the amount of time he fought for could be possible,
You didnt bring up injuries when you Takemichi was the new strongest character or when was dodging his attacks he had the same injuries then so you can't use that here its an inconsistent point you're trying to make and nobody in the manga implied Takemichi was slowing down like they have in the past for other g as fight so thats another assumption you cant use.
so we should wait for more chapters to confirm that Mikey did get faster.
No we actually don't because he Takemichi already pointed it out thats a clear statement, to ignore it would be inane when the climax of the fight is already over and if they dont even mention speed again you can use that as cover when there is already a statement proving it. Jigz explained it best "Takemitchy said it took everything he had to dodge Mikey’s attacks. Takemitchy sees the future —> Dodges to the opposite direction —> Dodges Mikey’s hit.
BUUT if Mikey gets faster (something Takemitchy literally said he did), he cant dodge in time. Same thing happens with Luffy when he fought Kaido."

Thats clearly a speed boost.
Also if Mikey would get an ability for it, it wouldn't be Statistics Amplification, Empowerment or Rage Power. Both Angry and South have Empowerment (though South currently has Statistics Amplification, but it will be changed after my CRT), but Mikey is different, and Mikey becoming faster against Takemichi actually proves that his dark impulses are different than South's. South becomes stronger if his dark impulses get stronger, and his dark impulses become stronger by his desire and excitement to fight.
Thats false. They are the same because once South activated his impulse he blitzed benkei and Waka simultaneously. Just because be only said stronger doesnt only mean he was speaking about his physical strength. South has never blitzed anyone besides when his impulse is active.
If South loses his desire and excitement to fight he can't become stronger anymore, and he most likely goes back to how strong he was in his base form. This is obvious Empowerment. Mikey's dark impulses peaked in chapter 262, since during his fight with Takemichi he started becoming more and more sane and less berserk, starting to gain more control over himself, resulting in his emotions that trigger his dark impulses to become weaker. Because of this, it can't be Empowerment or Rage Power, and it can't be Statistics Amplification either since it's not like he activated something and became stronger on purpose. It would be battle type Accelerated Development. It pretty much raises the person's power level slowly during a fight, which can allow the person to adapt to someone stronger, and beat them. So in conclusion, when Mikey gets taken over by his dark impulses he doesn't suddenly just become stronger, but it allows him to become stronger if he fights someone.
You think the impule is one thing but it it has shown to be multiple things including rage Power. These are all the qualities listed for rage power and Mikey has shown all of these qualities multiple times. You think this impulse is one thing when it isn't lol
  • Application may be uncontrollable -- pretty obvious
  • May be not possible to activate it at will -- Mikey doesn't control it
  • May be limited by the amount of anger they can harness. -- It was limited in Valhalla because he wasn't at his breaking point like when Draken died. Takemichi even pointed out how calm he was in such a serious situation when he was about to attack Kazutora.
  • May lose control when angered, causing harm to even allies. -- He attacked everyone in chapter 262
  • May snap out only by outside forces or lengthy periods of time in peaceful environments. -- Takemichi is supposed to be the person who snaps him out of it
  • May be difficult to snap out of rage-filled trance. -- This is Mikey currently...

Last edited:
Thats false. They are the same because once South activated his impulse he blitzed benkei and Waka simultaneously. Just because be only said stronger doesnt only mean he was speaking about his physical strength. South has never blitzed anyone besides when his impulse is active.
What's false? South didn't just activate his dark impulses, they were activated on their own because of his desire and excitement to beat Wakasa and Benkei, and I never said that South can get stronger without dark impulses, so what are you talking about?

u think the impule is one thing but it it has shown to be multiple things including rage Power. These are all the qualities listed for rage power and Mikey has shown all of these qualities multiple times. You think this impulse is one thing when it isn't lol
  • Application may be uncontrollable -- pretty obvious
  • May be not possible to activate it at will -- Mikey doesn't control it
  • May be limited by the amount of anger they can harness. -- It was limited in Valhalla because he wasn't at his breaking point like when Draken died. Takemichi even pointed out how calm he was in such a serious situation when he was about to attack Kazutora.
  • May lose control when angered, causing harm to even allies. -- He attacked everyone in chapter 262
  • May snap out only by outside forces or lengthy periods of time in peaceful environments. -- Takemichi is supposed to be the person who snaps him out of it
  • May be difficult to snap out of rage-filled trance. -- This is Mikey currently...
Rage Power doesn't work to begin with because his dark impulses aren't just because of his anger and rage. The only time they came out because of anger was during the Valhalla arc. In the Three Deities arc they came out because he was sad and empty. It isn't just one emotion like anger, that's why it doesn't work.

Or he moved when the kick got that close to him and barely dodged it like he said in the panels
Mikey said he moved before the kick was launched, the movement line showed him to be already moving, and it doesnt make sense for him to wait until it got close if he tries his best to dodge it, he even know where the kick would be before Mikey attacked, he probably starts to dodge barely after this panel

Back