• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(To Aru Revision) A Certain Magical Revision New Testament

So you folks cool with the 7-B thingy for Mikoto. Going to assume so.

Hm. Got a suggestion regarding Mugino.... How would we remove her 8-B rating, and make her a solid 8-A with Meltdowner (scaling her to Mikoto's weaker Railguns) but add in a Far Higher rating to signify the fact that she is capable of using her Meltdowner at a higher output but lacks control over it?

Although, honestly, I do think 14.01 Kiloton Calc could work for the LV5s due to them being superior and stronger than those below them, sure, Misaki and Aihana are the outliners due to them being the non-combat focus Level 5s, but... Could a Possibly Rating work here. Essentially copying and pasting this, but... It is stated that Possibly 'should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild.'

In regards to Gunha... We all cool with him having a Possibly Rating for his 7-B rating while with Kakine and Accelerator they'll have a solid 7-B rating due to scaling above Mikoto? Note, there is some leeway with the 7-B feat as it is purely a cloud feat, but again no one that is outside of the LV5 Group should scale to it or even have a chance to scale to it due to Mikoto's control over her power, how it would go against her morals to attack somebody with her full power without a way to defend themselves, and the fact that very few people has pushed her to fight at full power.

After we are done with the topic above, we can move on this-

"To anybody whose profile has a justification via them overpowering Imagine Breaker should be changed/reworded. Possibly downgraded if their justification relies entirely on the fact that they overpowered Imagine Breaker."

I think the only one with this issue is Index's Dragon Breath and maybe those who scale to Dragon's Breath, but am sure that nobody actually does but at the same time I am not entirely sure. ToAru's profiles are a mess, so there is a slim chance that this problem might plague other profiles as well...

Again, there is nothing that breaks scaling or goes against it. Kakine doesn't really get much screen-time, and Accelerator is laughably superior to Mikoto even considering his current state.

On the side of feat-wise... The times where Accelerator threw an ATM at Kakine and then into a wall (which I have saved up and calc'ed it and got a high 9-A (low ball) and a mid-8-C (high ball) result) were casual and didn't harm Kakine - and Dark Matter took the vast majority of hits from Accelerator. As for the #1 himself, his powers are weird and he didn't really have to exert effort once he turned on his power - baring Touma, Amata and Kakine - until his fight with Gabriel, in which he is 6-C due to being able to harm her.

And as for Mikoto... Well, you already know my points regarding why there shouldn't be an issue with making her 7-B. Her morals and lack of willingness to kill, her lack of reason to exert her full power against a vast number of people in the plot, the times in where she struggled were due to opponents getting up-close to her and/or her being stuck in circumstances that were out of her control, yada yada. This also helps restore Accelerator and Kakine back to 7-B, so that's a bonus.

Neat, I suppose. Anything else? Have to update the TLDR section soon, so need to know what is agreed upon by everyone. We also still have to talk about upgrading the lower tiers from their current At Least 9-B, Likely 9-A to higher ratings and added a couple more calcs in support of such an idiot... on a side note: I really hope that this CRT could be finished before the year ends, lol.

Welp, if you are willing to drop an agree, disagree, or neutral, say the word and I'll add ya. Until then, behold the power of me making 19 calcs for a single CRT.

Meh, i am more than willing to call Touma surviving Accel's shockwaves as PIS or outliers.

Like, for real, how can everyone in the verse scale to an attack done by the transformation of the guy who was already the strongest? It makes no sense for Mikoto of all people to be able punch as hard a Black Wings Accel during WW3

Ngl, I'm not knowledgeable enough to give a good enough conclusion on this, so count me as a neutral for the time being.

Meh, i am more than willing to call Touma surviving Accel's shockwaves as PIS or outliers.

Like, for real, how can everyone in the verse scale to an attack done by the transformation of the guy who was already the strongest? It makes no sense for Mikoto of all people to be able punch as hard a Black Wings Accel during WW3
Burden on proof is on you for this, Dragnoir.

Touma still survived it. While you could argue that everyone downscales from it since Lessar, even with Touma shielding her from the brunt of it, got knocked out and Accelerator was completely shocked that Touma didn't die; even if he was injuried, he still survived all of those attacks and managed to beat Accelerator in the end. You can't just claim that feats acknowledged by the narrative, even acknowledged by the characters, as PIS or Outliers without showing proof on that matter

Touma still survived it. While you could argue that everyone downscales from it since Lessar, even with Touma shielding her from the brunt of it, got knocked out and Accelerator was completely shocked that Touma didn't die; even if he was injuried, he still survived all of those attacks and managed to beat Accelerator in the end. You can't just claim that feats acknlowed acknowledged by the narrative, even acknowledged by the characters, as PIS or Outliers without showing proof on that matter
I think a downscale is warranted in situations like this.

You can't claim PIS or Outlier in a situation like this unless it's explicitly shown that everyone died, or they were at the very least defeated.

But it does seem like Touma was the only one who was able to fight on after the attack.

I think a downscale is warranted in situations like this.

You can't claim PIS or Outlier in a situation like this unless it's explicitly shown that everyone died, or they were at the very least defeated.

But it does seem like Touma was the only one who was able to fight on after the attack.
Huh, neat. Got any more advice, Random? I know you have done a lot of scaling for the Professional Wrestling Verse, so any advice you could give regarding upscaling, downscaling, and general scaling would be nice.

Huh, neat. Got any more advice, Random? I know you have done a lot of scaling for the Professional Wrestling Verse, so any advice you could give regarding upscaling, downscaling, and general scaling would be nice.
It's honestly not that complicated, but I'm no genius at this kind of stuff.

Upscaling applies when Character A has been depicted as or clearly shown to be superior to Character B, who's this [insert AP here] strong.

Downscaling applies when Character A is depicted to be weaker than Character B to an unknown extent, who's this [insert AP] strong.

General scaling is where it gets a little complicated. You need to know the verse like the back of your hand to determine how high certain characters rank in the verse in order to get a proper scaling chain. You'll also need to do a fair bit of research for finding feats or statements from characters to help.

Thanks, Random. One more question, does downscaling mean that the person who is downscaling from another person's feat will be downscaled to the baseline AP of the tier that they are in or is in only in special cases in where a character has been considered much weaker than the person that they downscale to but not to a degree in where they can't harm or affect them with their attacks?

Thanks, Random. One more question, does downscaling mean that the person who is downscaling from another person's feat will be downscaled to the baseline AP of the tier that they are in or is in only in special cases in where a character has been considered much weaker than the person that they downscale to but not to a degree in where they can't harm or affect them with their attacks?
Ehh...

It depends.

Which feat from this verse needs downscaling and what is its AP?

Argubly, just these two.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U..._First/Calculating_Touma_Kamijou_Feats_Part_4 | 12.88 Tons (8-B) [City Block level]

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U..._First/Calculating_Touma_Kamijou_Feats_Part_5 | 6.63 Tons (High 8-C) [Large Building level]

These are the shockwaves that Touma endured and that Dragonir called PIS or Outliers.
For the first one, downscaling people to baseline 8-B works best since the difference is pretty miniscule.

What's the baseline AP value for High 8-C?

2 Tons. The High 8-C Feat is also within the High 8-C+ range, albeit barely.
So High 8-C+ starts at 6.5 tons, correct?

Then do either of these two options:

Downscale them to baseline High 8-C+ (6.5 tons)

or

Just make them <6.63 tons, as they downscale from that value to an unknown extent.

I'd go with the second option imo, as the difference between the calculation and baseline High 8-C+ is so small it's not even noticeable.

So High 8-C+ starts at 6.5 tons, correct?

Then do either of these two options:

Downscale them to baseline High 8-C+ (6.5 tons)

or

Just make them <6.63 tons, as they downscale from that value to an unknown extent.

I'd go with the second option imo, as the difference between the calculation and baseline High 8-C+ is so small it's not even noticeable.

'Thanks for the help, Random.

Oh, and if you are curious on what the 8-A feats are...

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...rst/Accelerator_Manga_Feat_Calculation_Part_3 | 359.97 Tons (Multi-City Block level) [8-A] - is due to a girl surviving this attack albeit with injuries but was still able to keep fighting for a time.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Manga_Feat_Calculation_Part_4_Fre/nda_Edition | 129.79 Tons (8-A) [Multi-City Block, 18.54 Tons (8-B) [City Block] - 8-A refers to a large explosion, and 8-B refers to the individual bombs that were used to create said large explosions; should explain this feat... Well, a girl that was thrown out a window, she then survived the 8-A explosion but needed surgery and lost her lower face (nose, mouth, and throat) [due to two bombs that were literally shoved inside of her mouth and likely got into her throat] that had to be replaced by cybernetics/machines

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...rst/Accelerator_Manga_Feat_Calculation_Part_3 | 359.97 Tons (Multi-City Block level) [8-A] - is due to a girl surviving this attack albeit with injuries but was still able to keep fighting for a time.
You can probably make an argument that the girl should scale, but downscaling isn't far fetched either. I'm neutral on this. I will say that just because you took damage from an attack, doesn't mean you should downscale from it. It really depends on how much damage you took.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Manga_Feat_Calculation_Part_4_Fre/nda_Edition | 129.79 Tons (8-A) [Multi-City Block, 18.54 Tons (8-B) [City Block] - 8-A refers to a large explosion, and 8-B refers to the individual bombs that were used to create said large explosions; should explain this feat... Well, a girl that was thrown out a window, she then survived the 8-A explosion but needed surgery and lost her lower face (nose, mouth, and throat) [due to two bombs that were literally shoved inside of her mouth and likely got into her throat] that had to be replaced by cybernetics/machines
If they were injured that bad, then they shouldn't scale to this feat in the slightest. Even downscaling is iffy because downscaling at least depicts you're somewhat comparable, but not equal to the person.

Touma still survived it. While you could argue that everyone downscales from it since Lessar, even with Touma shielding her from the brunt of it, got knocked out and Accelerator was completely shocked that Touma didn't die; even if he was injuried, he still survived all of those attacks and managed to beat Accelerator in the end. You can't just claim that feats acknowledged by the narrative, even acknowledged by the characters, as PIS or Outliers without showing proof on that matter
Do we know if he used IB to block it? That's Touma's go to against explosion attacks as he did against to save Mikoto in Railgun and he did against Carissa's Omnidirectional explosion and would explain it.

Also, i literally just gave the proof, it ends up with Mikoto scaling to Black Wings Accelerator with her punches, when we know that's impossible as Accel is stated to be much stronger than all other espers in his base form, Mikoto can't even punch as hard as her own Railgun, much less Accelerator's transformations.

What injuries did the girl suffer here?
Oh. Typical anime injuries. Scratches and bruises, not much else.

Do we know if he used IB to block it? That's Touma's go to against explosion attacks as he did against to save Mikoto in Railgun and he did against Carissa's Omnidirectional explosion and would explain it.

Also, i literally just gave the proof, it ends up with Mikoto scaling to Black Wings Accelerator with her punches, when we know that's impossible as Accel is stated to be much stronger than all other espers in his base form, Mikoto can't even punch as hard as her own Railgun, much less Accelerator's transformations.
Accelerator performed the shockwave attacks with the explicit intention of bypassing Imagine Breaker via the simple fact that the shockwaves are a secondary phenomenon caused by swinging his black wings too hard... I.E, it isn't a supernatural attack that Touma can't negate.

Plus, the shockwaves that Accelerator made were calc'ed at High 8-C and 8-B. Way below's Black Wing Accelerator 6-C Rating, so, in this case, Mikoto's punches still wouldn't scale to Black Wing Accelerator, just the shockwaves that Accelerator did to bypass IB.

It would only scale to her absolutely strongest lightning attacks in case it even scales to them to begin with.
Its still a MASSIVE jump on ap. The feats she has done and scaled to are typically on the kiloton range. This looks more like an outlier to me

Its still a MASSIVE jump on ap. The feats she has done and scaled to are typically on the kiloton range. This looks more like an outlier to me
There is only one feat for Mikoto. She also wasn't trying her best during said feat. The exact scene in where it takes place is during the sisters arc, the bridge scene, in which she was trying to force Touma to go away and let her do her suicide plan to save the sisters... In which she wasn't trying her best due to mental distress and ,with Railgun Manga context, she also haven't really been eating or sleeping, last I recall.

Her two 8-A feats weren't done at Mikoto's best. First 8-A calc was done when Mikoto was younger and didn't have the experience and training she had with her Railgun as it was literally her actual first attempt. Second 8-A calc has the context of Mikoto lowering the output of her Railgun due to being cautious of her opponent's ability.

There is only one feat for Mikoto. She also wasn't trying her best during said feat. The exact scene in where it takes place is during the sisters arc, the bridge scene, in which she was trying to force Touma to go away and let her do her suicide plan to save the sisters... In which she wasn't trying her best due to mental distress and ,with Railgun Manga context, she also haven't really been eating or sleeping, last I recall.

Her two 8-A feats weren't done at Mikoto's best. First 8-A calc was done when Mikoto was younger and didn't have the experience and training she had with her Railgun as it was literally her actual first attempt. Second 8-A calc has the context of Mikoto lowering the output of her Railgun due to being cautious of her opponent's ability.
Well i surrender but its still kinda sus

Likely Rating it is for Mikoto, Gunha, Kakine, and Accelerator's First Two Keys, then.

Oh ye. I recall I made a 7-C calc for the magic of Magicians and that you were willing to use said 7-C rating for the magic of Magican if they had a Likely Rating.

I also made this 7-C calc for the L5s, that was made before the 7-B calc.

14.01 Kilotons. Was going to be used to upgrade the L5s before the 7-B calc came into existence. Said 7-C feat was done by an Esper at a lower level, but barring an outliner like Maidono (and the non-combat focused L5s that is the #6 and Misaki), the L5s should be superior to them. Figured that was enough to scale them to the 7-C feat. Thoughts?

Likely Rating it is for Mikoto, Gunha, Kakine, and Accelerator's First Two Keys, then.

Oh ye. I recall I made a 7-C calc for the magic of Magicians and that you were willing to use said 7-C rating for the magic of Magican if they had a Likely Rating.

I also made this 7-C calc for the L5s, that was made before the 7-B calc.

14.01 Kilotons. Was going to be used to upgrade the L5s before the 7-B calc came into existence. Said 7-C feat was done by an Esper at a lower level, but barring an outliner like Maidono (and the non-combat focused L5s that is the #6 and Misaki), the L5s should be superior to them. Figured that was enough to scale them to the 7-C feat. Thoughts?
I thought they were gonna get upgraded to 66.54 or 539.64 kilotons? Also yeah they should be 7-C

Back