• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To Aru Majutsu No Index OVA, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Esper powers in ToAru work using calculations, meaning their abilities require their brains to do anything with their abilities, even automatic powers like Accelerator's Redirection require calculations done by the brain to function, that's why after his brain is damaged he needs the choker to connect to the Misaka Network to work out all his calculations for him including his Redirection.

If Accelerator didn't need to calculate his Redirection, then why did him using all his brain's computational power to delete the virus in Last Order prevent him from redirecting the bullet that damaged his brain if it doesn't require calculations.

And then Dante attacks again, Time remains stopped tho, so he'll not be calculating anymore. Also, he wouldn't be calculating Dante's attacks directions during all their path, but only until time stopped

His "shield" is less a shield that defends a certain area of his body and more any harmful object that comes near him has it vectors changed to it instead heads in another direction away from him.

If Dante really will use his time stop between his first 5 moves, the chance of victory of Accel is practically nonexistent. BW Accel only has a Wall Level durability, so anything Dante does during the TS will kill him. The only way for Accel to win this fight would be to defeat Dante with his first attack, if the first attack is with the wings, they may be able to negate the Regenerationn of Dante, since they "negated" that of the Kakine that is a high regen, if his first move was to reverse everything inside Dante's body, I doubt he would survive.

sorry for any writing error.

Like I said he does need to calculate it, he just doesn't need to aware of the danger because it's a involuntary calculation but when frozen in time he can't think voluntarily or involuntarily.

XDragnoir said:
If Dante really will use his time stop between his first 5 moves, the chance of victory of Accel is practically nonexistent. BW Accel only has a Wall Level durability, so anything Dante does during the TS will kill him. The only way for Accel to win this fight would be to defeat Dante with his first attack, if the first attack is with the wings, they may be able to negate the Regenerationn of Dante, since they "negated" that of the Kakine that is a high regen, if his first move was to reverse everything inside Dante's body, I doubt he would survive.

sorry for any writing error.
Dante can avoid his attacks being far faster and having ways to amp his speed or slow down time, being both passive skills (Chrono Heart and Quick Heart)

Guys, I need votes, please

The difference in speed discard the wings as an option, but not the reversion of vectors, Dante can not react to being destroyed inside.

So Dante would shoot Accel at first, which is moot

He may try a couple more casual attacks but I really don't think he's going to do a move a few more times if he can already see it's not working

BTW Chrono Heart is a thing, but IDK if it can activate by hitting a vector shield

They activate on contact, even bullets

But it's one of the four ways that Dante have to increase his speed, kinda doesn't matter really, Quick Heart will make him 10X faster then he already is and Quicksilver is basically Chrono's brother

If Dante realizes that on of his Time Hax doesn't activate, he'll try the other

Sigh

Let's start with a time-stop/thought example. I am thinking "How old are y..." when someone stops time. Now, I'm stuck with what I had completed thinking. However, the time stop doesn't reset my thoughts or shut down my brain exactly. Granted, I can't think anything new. When time starts moving again, my thoughts would be "...ou guys? 10?", which completes my thought. The same applies to Accel's thought process. He's already got the shield up, its set by default to repel any vector based attack and necessary calculaions have already been done. Time stop isn't deactivating it.

So he's calculating Dante's future attacks ? Does he have Precognition ?

Because when Dante stop time and attacks with...you know, one of the many elemental and magic attacks coming from his many Devil Arms, they are attacks that Accel didn't saw yet

If the attacks gets deflected, he'll say "oh, so let's try this one"

Dante can maintain time stopped for good..."time"

If time is stopped, Accel can not make new thoughts, if it can not make new thoughts, it means that it can not calculate the vectors of the Dante attacks while the time stands still.

Math lesson time, folks.

Suppose Dante hits with X force in Y direction, Accel's shield's makes it so the attack becomes X force in -Y direction. The only thing its doing is reversing the direction which isn't that difficult and its pre-programmed into the default setting. Don't need precog for something this simple.

Canon Example: Misaka Sister shot Accel with a sniper while he was totally unaware of her presence. The shield passively reversed its direction, sending the bullet back to the gun, breaking it.

As far as speed goes, Accel's shield can passively deflect instantaneous attacks. Instantaneous>Infinite as while the infinite speed attack actually needs to travel some distance, instantaneous ones don't.

Look guy, it's not so hard to understand, Accel needs thoughts to reflect things, if time is stopped he can not think, so can not reflect anything.

Considering the shitton of variables in play as to whether or not Time Stop will work whether or not Time Slow will make him fast enough and the rather high chance Dante will use his time Stop Hax after seeing Accel's forcefield a couple times and killing him due to his massive range+Speed advantage Im thinking inconclusive

Incon sounds the best here since there's a crap ton of variables to consider, like Gargoyle said.

I think I'll change my vote to Inconclusive based off both of them having a good chance to win this.

To the guy arguing about time stop not working, the concept of time stop is already not applicable to reality as explained in most game/anime/comics, yes it would need vector but if the processing power inside the brain is stopped then barrier doesn't work, the thing that makes more sense is that time is stopped in the whole universe but the area around the user is not and only like 1mm from his skin, so he can actually move in the air, so yes the barrier would be bypassed with a full time stop as there are vectors in the space that he is in but the barrier is not calculating.

And let's not talk about actually seeing in stopped time as u know even light is not moving (time stop just doesn't make sense)

slowing time makes sense and already happens even on our planet, time stop has to have some filter to actually work, like air moving, light moving, gravity working, etc

That tips it pretty hugely in Dante's Favor

Range+Speed+His having many chances before Accel can get in range

Hmm

By the new stomp rules and in my opinion this would be a stomp from both sides as one would have 0 chance to hurt (as in permanet damage) the other thanks to regen/barrier

btw someone should really look at time stop related abilities as by logic tier 9 to 4 characther should not be able to affect the whole universe with a time stop and they would not be able to function in it (move,see,etc) generally tier 3 plus can simply bend the universe so they are ok

I mean

Either Dante uses his weaponry to close the gap and cover the shield with time Stop.

Or he doesn't and charges Accel which gets his heart twisted

Either way it isn't a stomp

Plus it's still an incon

Ending Quickly=/=Not a fight

Otherwise literally every battle where two samurai have to plan where to draw blades and where to strike at once isn't a fight

KcqpM
Dmc12 display
Giphy (2)lalalalalalla
I got stabbed
Images (14)stab
I been wondering why in the battles against SW chars or Accel the organ destruction was always a thing. In those images/gifs we can see how he gets impaled and obviously the organs destroyen and ,like the devil may care, he just shrugs it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back