• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Timeframe of Deus Sema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone not ready why Mitch and Aguila are in favor of the anime upgrade??

If it's cinematic timing it's cinematic timing.

I'm neutral but gotta point out where I see reasonable conclusions

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@StrongClick
What's your argument then
Hm? The entry timeframe in the anime is greater than what would be calced using the manga. So I agree with imade that if we are using the anime to lower the space to earth time, we have to factor the increased timeframe of impact.

Imade's argument was already discussed in the manga version of the calc, and concluded that the scene where erza makes her speeches is cinematic timing.

The anime didn't change anything, but give a solid timeframe for the feat. And since everything after the meteor's atmosphere entry was accepted as "cinematic timing" before, I don't understand why we are trying to say that it isn't anymore.

Well what would the AP be cause if it's higher then 6B or High 6B then that would be an outlier tbh. Erza isn't stronger then Etherion cannon

Votes

Agrees: 12 (DemonGodMitchAubin, Davidsteel1, 1997KD, DragonEmperor23, TataHakai, AnonymousBlank, AstralKing7, Captain Torch, Schnee One, RustyOne, Aguila, Calaca Vs)

Disagrees: 3 (Imade, StrongClick, Chibi14)

I still don't see how the argument and logic for Disagree makes any sense

I'm fine with the upgrade. Cinematic timing is a thing and talk is a free action as well.

My only problem is Erza scaling while half-dead. This is the only instance where her PoF BS serves its purpose at this level, and it's weird that she didn't pulverized her arm but Irene could rekt her just as fine.

@Demon

Votes shouldn't work like that. It's better to get staff members or calcers who would agree with u. Also yeah that would also be an outlier since Etherion cannon are known to actually destroy countries and that would be like Erza can actually be on the lvl of Etherion which is false

Don't worry Calaca, I would never scale Erza without Bullsit Power to the meteor, it's hilariously bad writing, but the anime made it kinda epic so it's just dumb fun

Captain Torch said:
Imade's argument was already discussed in the manga version of the calc, and concluded that the scene where erza makes her speeches is cinematic timing.

The anime didn't change anything, but give a solid timeframe for the feat. And since everything after the meteor's atmosphere entry was accepted as "cinematic timing" before, I don't understand why we are trying to say that it isn't anymore.

Oof Zoe we've just been essentially arguing for nothing

@Blackejan

Even destroying the smallest country in the verse would be 222x stronger than Deus Sema, Erza isn't anywhere near Etherion

Everyone's stance so far

Agrees: 11 (DemonGodMitchAubin, Davidsteel1, 1997KD, DragonEmperor23, TataHakai, AnonymousBlank, AstralKing7, Captain Torch, RustyOne, Aguila, Calaca Vs)

Disagrees: 5 (Imade, StrongClick, Chibi14, Zackmoon, Prince of Counters)

Neutral: 5 (DMUA, Crimson Azoth, SirLancelot, Schnee One, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan)

Captain Torch is also right, everything after the meteor enters the atmosphere was decided as cinematic time before, so we just have a few stubborn people who disagree for reasoning that doesn't even work in the story

@Mitch I mean, she's scaling to the meteor which shouldn't be the case to begin with. Irene thrashed her and for some reason she was able to destroy the meteor to Irene's disbelief.

She only scales when powered by emotions, which in a versus battle only lasts for like a minute, and yeah it's dumb, but it happened and it's not scaling to her normal power

I actually watched the anime scene like 10 minutes ago ( and I have little knowledge of FT) and I was confused more then anything

> gets nearly all her bones broken from 1 casual attack

>somehow one shots her strongest technique with one arm

Wah

@Imade

DMUA agreed with the idea that the meteor slows down upon entering the atmosphere which we both agree with, so he is unclear and therefore neutral

I care little about matches when discussing on CRTs. On top of that, this "weakness" you're saying isn't listed on her profile so either Erza shouldn't scale at all because the scene works to overhype her and she isn't nearly that strong, or this should be listed on her profile.

But I'll let this point go away. This thread is to discuss the calc upgrade, not its scaling.

The Terminator
I'll be back

Yeah I was kinda just dragged here via my message wall and I still don't know what the fork is happening while I'm addressing many different other things I actually care about

entirely netural, meteors get slower when air's in the way, h

Ok. I was kinda dragged here kicking and screaming but I'll give my honest opinion.

Entirely neutral about the meteor speed thing. Like I said earlier, never heard of Fairy Tail. The feat looks iffy to me, those cuts appear to show a cut in time, which would come under Cinematic Time

I agree with I made here. Not to mention that at best this would be an outlier. 6-B for top tiers would be incredibly inconsistent whenever no feats even come near that for these characters. Also why are we using the anime for the time frame but in the same token ignore how the metorotie slowed down a lot more than it did in the Manga. That's not how it should work and sounds like extreme nitpicking. If we use the anime for the timeframe we should also take into account that the metorotie slowing down was a lot more than how it happened in the manga.

Also Mitch, it would be best to not consider the revision accepted in the blog before everyone has accepted it? There is still controversy surrounding the upgrade.

I made those changes when everyone had agreed and we were ready to make changes and then Imade showed up

@Prince of Counters

That's not an argument for anything, why are you so hostile, I was just explaining what happened

I also love how no one on the opposing side has countered that by using the timeframes Imade suggested, this feat would be weaker and slower than a normal meteorite going 11,000 Km per second, meaning it couldn't even enter the atmosphere, and it would also make it weaker the Jellal's Sema which is claimed to be weaker than this attack, Imade's argument has flawed logic

The point still stands. That's still a lot higher than anything these characters have shown.

I disagree. Irene already showcased being able to enhant the whole country with her Universe 1 spell. It's not an AP applicable feat, but a feat on a High 6-B level nonetheless. August, someone comparable to Irene, had enough power for a High 6-B feat with his suicide spell. As long as the meteor is < High 6-B it's not an outlier.

The feat doesn't necessarily need to be what makes the spell stronger. Hell thats very common in fiction for a stronger attack to have lower feats than weaker attacks in the verse. The scaling is what matters not the number. I don't care if the value of the metorotie is lower than normal Sema if you wanna use the anime to inflate the timeframe then you also need to accept that its seen travelling a lot slower than how the manga show cased it.

Everything after the Meteor entered the Atmosphere is Cinematic time just like with Dio's Time Stop, Doflamingo's Birdcage, and Frickin Planet Namek, Imade's argument ignores the story and you're also ignoring the story as well, plus claiming I'm inflating a calc like I'm outrageous

@Torch

Irene's reality warping feat is irrelevant. It can't be used for AP so thats a non factor and at best its range since it's a hax. Same goes for August who claimed he'd destroy the country via suicide attack. Which needs to be calculated since its scaled to Etherion for whatever reason. Destroying the country is only High 6-B via nuclear destruction we dont know how August would destroy the country so it's moot.

All I'm getting from this is we're going to be hypocritical and accept the anime's lower timeframe of the speed of the meteor in space, but we're going to ignore the longer timeframe it gave for the speed of the meteor in the atmosphere.

You can't cherry pick what we want to apply from the anime. If we're accepting upgrades from the anime we must accept the downgrades as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back