• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Timeframe of Deus Sema

Status
Not open for further replies.
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
When Meteors re-enter the atmosphere they slowdown to 70% of their original speed, this was confirmed and accepted by several calc members, so that's staying
@imade

It's already countered here

Like irene is going to wait for 120sec, for a meteor to arrive so she can kill erza instead of slapping her again.

We already accounted for slowdown, everything after the only scene we're using for the speed before the meteor enters the atmosphere has several issues using cinematic time anyways, since there are many cuts and inner dialogue, that doesn't apply to the calc

That doesn't counter anything because it's obvious the meteor is not moving at 70% speed.

It took 110 seconds from atmosphere till hitting Erza. If we're using anime timeframes we need to adjust for this too now.

@IMade Assuming the meteor at the end of the shot hits the Karmin line, an average meteor moving at 11km/s would take all of 9 seconds to reach the earth. Using the above suggested 110 seconds would mean the meteor that was previously approaching earth at sub-rel speeds would have slowed to the point that its hilariously slower than a normal meteor.

Keep in mind the whole point of Irene's meteor and the scene depicting its speed is to show the power. Using ur suggestion the meteor would be weaker than Jellal's (a meteor it was specifically identified as being superior to) and ludicrously enough real life meteors. That wouldn't make a lick of logical sense, hence y accounting for the 70% drop in speed and recognising that the 110 seconds can't be anything more than cinematic timing needs to be done.

@Imade

Everything after the meteor enters the atmosphere doesn't matter for this calc since those 110 seconds are filled with Cinematic Time Issues plus inner dialogue which is alway dragged out in anime plus cut aways to other people who could be talking at the same time as said characters, that's why we can't use that, we only use the part that matches the calc, it's just like Jojo Time Stop seconds and other dragged out scenes in anime, the only thing that doesn't contradict cinematic Time Issues is the scene of the meteor entering the atmosphere is all we need, we just needed how long it took for the meteor to enter the atmosphere for the calc

I think it's due to those removed parts not being usable, whereas the used parts are fine in terms of the rules

The only part I ever cared about in the anime was using the timeframe it took from the Meteor to go from space to the point it enters the atmosphere and then go with slowdown afterwards, that's what we did before with the manga and we're doing it here, everything after that scene is Cinematic Time

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
That doesn't counter anything because it's obvious the meteor is not moving at 70% speed.
It took 110 seconds from atmosphere till hitting Erza. If we're using anime timeframes we need to adjust for this too now.
I guess we are using the time meteor takes to reach the earth

Since earth atmosphere is 400km long, and DS take 100 sec to reach erza, means it is moving at 4km/s?

You mean this shit is even slower and weaker then jellal sema? When it's stated to be stronger then Jellal sema.

Did it even make sense? Or you are to desperate to lowball ft

I know right, I just had a feeling something was gonna come up and then poof Imade, that happens with a lot of verses doesn't it?

If it were Bleach then Tata would completely agree to lowball it.

Anyways, on the serious matter, yeah I would say it's slower than Jellal's Sema when it's literally shown to be slower.

Even if you removed the cinematic timing parts we're looking at a much larger timeframe.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
If it were Bleach then Tata would completely agree to lowball it.
this is facts, i will lowball everything shounen and get berserk, vinland saga and kingdom to tier 0

Imade does make a fair point so it'll probably be best to get some more Calc members on this to see what we can come up with, someone should message them and ask for their input

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
So you're argument is that Deus Sema is weaker than Sema...
No, my argumemt is Deus Sema is shown to travel slowly in atmosphere.

If Sema is faster than it's faster. That's how it's presented.

Sema being faster would make it stronger than Deus Sema... so your argument is still that Deus Sema is weaker than Sema

Ultimately I fail to see how Imades points are reasonable, they not only suggest that the meteor is not only somehow slower than a meteor it was directly described as being superior to, but also somehow inexplicably weaker and slower than the average IRL meteor. It's an unreasonable and illogical argument.

Pretty sure the meteor loses its speed and power when it enters the planet due to the atmospheric drag. The resulting speed and power after the meteor entered the atmosphere is what should scale to Erza.

JohnHendrix212 said:
Pretty sure the meteor loses its speed and power when it enters the planet due to the atmospheric drag. The resulting speed and power after the meteor entered the atmosphere is what should scale to Erza.
Yes about 30% of the meteors speed is lost upon entering the atmosphere. That factor has already been accounted for in the calc and that's what Erza scales to.

TataHakai said:
Imade does make a fair point so it'll probably be best to get some more Calc members on this to see what we can come up with, someone should message them and ask for their input
Someome should invite calc members to look qt this thread and the points.

That's what we accounted for in the calc, we applied drag and that's only what would scale to the characters, but Imade is saying that the meteor is going slower than normal Meteors and Sema which are stated to be weaker than this feat, so his argument is really lacking and doesn't have much reasoning behind it

I looked over the stuff, using 10 seconds should be fine

Agh whatever, quotes just aren't working for me today. Anyway, I do agree with what IMade has said but I am neutral so I don't mind whatever is decided.

DMUA said:
I looked over the stuff, using 10 seconds should be fine
The 10 seconds it takes to reach the planet isn't what is questioned. Its the speed it takes from entering the atmosphere till coming in contact with a character. That took 110 seconds and would effect the calc's results for the character's speed and the KE of the meteor when the character destroyed it.

We accounted for slowdown in the calc, the issue is that Imade says our slowdown isn't good enough and believes the meteor to be slower than a weaker attack used earlier, which would make it directly contradict the story according to his argument

Not only slower and weaker than an ability it was directly stated to be superior to but also somehow weaker than the real life standard of a meteor?

AguilaR101 said:
Are you sure you're not mixing up cinematic/talking time vs actual real time, If the meteor slows down to ridiculous unrealistic levels you can bet it's just because the scene was meant to increase the tension of the event rather than to actually portray the thing slowing down significantly.
We could remove the cinematic timing parts if need be, it's still going to slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back