• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Licht vs Yu Kanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never say it should be equalized
Oh man… we are wayyy past that topic.

Licht has amps with reinforcement magic and negative man. So I’m using that to counter Yu’s Level 2 and life draining Level 3.

i also said flight + teleportation gives Licht far superior mobility on top of his reinforcement magic and negative mana enhancement

Since Reinforcement + Negative mana also boost AP, Licht’s ranged Danmaku should beat Yu. Or an undetected strike (teleportation and stealth). Because Yu’s Durability isn’t boosted to counter an undetected strike, how will Yu sense Licht coming with his teleportation + resistance to esp and precognition react to deflect Licht’s strike?

Those are my arguments for now

what do you think

Licht has amps with reinforcement magic and negative man. So I’m using that to counter Yu’s Level 2 and life draining Level 3.

i also said flight + teleportation gives Licht far superior mobility on top of his reinforcement magic and negative mana enhancement

Since Reinforcement + Negative mana also boost AP, Licht’s ranged Danmaku should beat Yu. Or an undetected strike (teleportation and stealth). Because Yu’s Durability isn’t boosted to counter an undetected strike, how will Yu sense Licht coming with his teleportation + resistance to esp and precognition react to deflect Licht’s strike?

what do you think
Yup yup. I hear you loud and clear, I retracted my vote for now because I've forgotten Yu Kanda's wincon because of the whole equalization topic earlier x.x

Yup yup. I hear you loud and clear, I retracted my vote for now because I've forgotten Yu Kanda's wincon because of the whole equalization topic earlier x.x
Yu’s wincon is the same amping shenanigans.

They’re just using it to defend against my point. There is nothing new from em honestly

Nelliels is planning on getting Licht’s amp above sword conq eon that’s 2.5x higher. I doubt that’s possible tbh. If he succeeds that’s a possible wincon for Yu

also LordGinSama is cooking

🗿

I leave for a single day because of IRL stuff and this thread becomes a complete clusterfuck.

What exactly are Licht's win-cons again? since the previous argument which Arnold used was already addressed by others and seemingly debunked.

🗿

I leave for a single day because of IRL stuff and this thread becomes a complete clusterfuck.

What exactly are Licht's win-cons again? since the previous argument which Arnold used was already addressed by others and seemingly debunked.
Boss music continues

🗿

Licht has amps with reinforcement magic and negative mana. So I’m using that to counter Yu’s Level 2 and life draining Level 3.

what do you think

Arnold please list all your questions in bullet points right now for Decieved to answer.
I just did…

what do you think

I know.

It directly explains how the ability works, the implied amps Yu gains, the action of which it's activate and provides all the needed scans as well.

I'll address your other points within another post after i post this one.
Okidoki… I’ll prepare in the meantime because I have a feeling I know what your rebuttals are going to be

Prove the both reinforcement magic and negative mana (which Licht doesn't have since he hasn't been corrupted by a devil at the current moment like Patry was) provides a comparable amp to Yu Kanda's Level 3 and above illusions.

Also prove that it posses a comparable activation speed as Yu Kanda's Level 3 and above illusions (which are thought-based)

It could be comparable in-terms of its amp but if it doesn't have a comparable activation speed than it's useless since Yu Kanda would just speed blitz and one shot Licht before he could activate his own amps.

None of this matters until you can prove that both provided a comparable amp to Yu Kanda's Level 3 and above illusions.

Samething as i stated above.

He can teleport undetected and strike, unless yu has someone to push him out of the way.. I don’t see why Licht won’t get an amped strike in. Like I said before, if they are at a distance, Licht throws danmaku and you have yet to prove how Yu has amped his durability.
I explained how Yu would stop the attacks though. Like multiple times. read again
I'm not equating. Just saying that Boric's strongest attack which is already above Base Yu is able to be blocked by Yu in lvl 3. That final attack was also getting stronger.

I'll put it into better showing of scaling.

Base Yu's durability is 1.7 Teratons, Yu's illusions increase his ap and this can be used to block attacks, he'll block Conquering eon with his amps. And if you haven't realized 1.7 Teratons to 4.3 teratons is only a 2.5x difference and I'm arguing Yu's amps put him above attacks that would've one shot him.
Im arguing his ap which he can use to block attacks will just be used to block Lichts attacks. Idk why I have to prove Kandas own durability being amped if I'm arguing his ap can just help him get around that. And again a 2.5x difference isn't enough to severely damage someone.

okay if the match will still going, the character with the more votes, will be declared winner

of course, if the match didn't receved 7 votes, the match will not be added to the profiles

Backstory of this match: This all started back when Arnold was dumped by LordGin after an intense argument Arnold now looks to "make things right" after the initial break up with LordGin cause he wanted Arnold to get into D.Gray man verse which he still refuses to till this day for his extreme hatred for speed amp users....

First of all let’s talk about how Yu’s illusion levels aren’t as crazy as they seem. The levels are only capable of boosting speed and power not durability, because Boric could still damage him even when Yu is at level 3, Secondly, Level 2 was enough to harm boric, the damage Yu did on Boris looks notable. No, it was not a scratch and it was not a dent, it was a significant damage that even Yu himself noted that he was hurt. However Yu was able to slice through him at level 3. So the gap between 2 and 3 is a little bit smaller than what you guys make it seem in the previous thread because Yu could already damage him at level 2. The same can be inferred for level 3 to 4 and 4 to 5. Now let’s talk about the annoying speed amp. Alma was comparable to 3, got caught as soon as Yu switched to 4, Alma got up, got stronger without any indication of a speed amp of his own but Alma is still comparable to Yu amp 4, and still tagged 5. Next, Boric who claims Yu is faster at 2 could STILL see a blurry Yu at 3. Even if you disregard the blurry aspect. Boric was SLOWER than Yu at 2 already. So the speed amp gap isn’t as big as you guys make it seem. Alma can match Yu’s speed, Yu was already faster than Boric to in the first place.

Negative mana compared to Yu’s amps

We look at magic power stages, the smaller the number, the bigger the magic power. Using negative mana allowed Nero to go from a weak stage 6 mage to a magic power high enough to deal with a Devil (stage 1/0). Forbidden magic/ negative mana amp should cover the gap between 3, 4 and 5. Because negative mana boosts so much that it covers 5/6 levels of magic power. Licht still has access the power from the underworld because he can destroy an entity which swallows all magic from the main world.

Reinforcement magic compared to Yu

Reinforcement magic allows for magic that’s “extremely slow” to be boosted to match FTL attacks. Reinforcement magic also allowed Nozel to get up from being stabbed straight through with three swords and was STILL fighting effectively as though he was never stabbed in the first place. By itself this should put reinforcement magic on just one level gap of Yu’s amps. However, with negative mana enhancement, Licht’s reinforcement magic amp raises extremely, surpassing ALL of Yu’s amps. Another advantage of reinforcement magic is that it amps all stats, not just AP and speed.

How fast does Licht use his Amp?

Negative mana is ever present, all Licht just needs to do is cast Reinforcement magic which is thought based, so activation speed is comparable to Yu’s.

Conclusion

After so much research, I’ve gotten forbidden magic/negative mana amp several levels higher than Yu’s amps. And I have cleared the misconception of Yu’s amps being “massive” and a “speed blitz, one shot” of some sorts. Thank you for your patience everyone. @Decieved I hope I have been able to convince you. All of you.

Licht FRA

Last edited:
Fights don’t have to be fair. That’s how stomps exist in vs debating. What you want to do is skew something in someone’s favor when it’s not needed. If Yu simply resisted Licht’s power null via sheer layers, would you be asking to remove his resistances? I would think not as that is unreasonable. What’s happening here is the same. Yu doesn’t use magic and you are trying to equate whatever Yu has to magic in BC off of some generic traits. We don’t equate reiatsu and Haki just because reiatsu can boost AP/dura and make people foam at the mouth/fall unconscious with aura.

Energies get equalised when it makes sense. How was Yu vs Issei heavily restricted? They both had access to their full kits.

I disagree with changing characters as a whole and the ocean thing was absolutely stupid. Swapping out ENO however made perfect sense as no one had the ability to actually do anything to him. He was a giant blob of water that no one could actually disperse and lacked shit like a mind, soul or energy system for people to even affect.

Bro … did you even see what happened in the last Low 6-B tourney? It was Asta, Dry and a dozen+ magic users who all got passively nulled by Asta. That shit sure ain’t fair but Asta still stomped 90% of the tourney because that’s how the dice rolled. If anything, yes it’s your turn to have to deal with “it’s just tough luck”.

Come on dude. Don’t play the victim here when this was the same thing as Issei vs Licht. Sacred Gears aren’t magic and are separate from all the different energy systems in DxD so Licht couldn’t anti magic that shit. Are you saying we should redo that match and make it so that Issei’s only powers that worked get negged? Because that is exactly what you are asking right now. If someone doesn’t use magic, that is tough luck. It’s not like people are specifically picking matches where Licht can’t do anything when there is a whole host of varying characters who are then thrown into randomised matches.
Arno, you don't need to create multiple comments at once. Read everything first, and then make an argument in a single comment
LordGin x Arnold
I never say it should be equalized
Do you want to change your vote?

Decieved I hope I have been able to convince you
You haven't since you clearly misrepresented a ton of shit from D.Gray-Man since you haven't actually read the manga but rather just grabbed out of context scans without knowing the inherent intricacies behind them.

I'll respond to your arguments here in a couple hours, just woke up.

No? Unless I'm misunderstanding, her physicals are stage 6 but because of her Forbidden Magic/Sealing Magic she is arcane stage. So it's not an amp, that's just something she's always had. She's still Stage 6 in terms of physicals.

Even if you are arcane you still need to be strong enough to get through the defenses/power null of a high/supreme ranking devil. Vanessa is arcane but she’s too weak, Grey is arcane but she’s weak as well. Both of them can’t even stand up to Dante.

Arcane stage is a separate stage from the magic power system. So Vanessa and Grey still need to boost their magic to fight a high ranking to supreme devil on their own. Nero has already boosted her magic with forbidden magic before.

Nero, has ancient seal magic, that alone is arcane stage, additionally she boosted herself with forbidden magic so her magic is already curropted, now she has access to negative mana permanently. So she has enough power to beat a devil according to Lolopechka. I’m so hyped for her. So yes, in a way like you said, she is arcane because of forbidden magic. Her magic power is still stage 6 but she can boost herself with her corrupted magic, similar to how. Check the links, she intends to boost her magic with forbidden magic.

I just woke up, 4AM🥺 to notifications.

edit: Also do you remember dark elf patri right? How he was boosted after getting corrupted with negative mana from despair. Even after Asta saved him, he can still use his dark elf powers. Although now his grimour is gone… Cuz Zagred took it.

Last edited:
You haven't since you clearly misrepresented a ton of shit from D.Gray-Man since you haven't actually read the manga but rather just grabbed out of context scans without knowing the inherent intricacies behind them.

I'll respond to your arguments here in a couple hours, just woke up.

I designed my rebuttal in a way that you can ignore my thoughts on the amps. I just wanted to get my thoughts out there cuz I HATE those amps😪

Disregard my thoughts and focus on the forbidden magic + reinforcement magic argument. Then get back to it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back