• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Chris Jericho vs Tsukasa Shishio

I mean if we can’t convince people of something as simple as WWE ~= UFC it’s a lost cause for the verse in terms of people actually recognising it’s skill...
Several wwe god tiers have been labelled the GOATS at their styles, of course they can measure up to UFC, and surpass certain periods of it without too much trouble
I made a whole article of skill feats as well.

His health was Not in any way shape or form mentioned by WWE when he faced Lesnar so in Verse it was hyped as a legit 1 vs 1 fight and that UFC gay Cain Velasquez squashed.
Thank you! The fight was built up as legit despite Cain's health issues. Lesnar won the match, so in kayfabe, WWE ~= UFC in skill (you can also argue that the GOATS of WWE are above it as well).

What...

Are you talking about CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar? Cause if so, then Punk put up a hell of a fight.
Talking about UFC
Nope, I was talking about their match at ufc
And who is this "mediocre" wrestler Batista faced?
Same as above
that Jericho is at the very least equal to,
Eh Never denied that tho and I was replying to that particular ufc comment. There is literally no way to link wwe and ufc in terms of skill here just by few random matchup between the players of the companies and especially here because UFC doesn't even have a profile for their own skills feats.

Talking about UFC

Same as above

Eh Never denied that tho and I was replying to that particular ufc comment. There is literally no way to link wwe and ufc in terms of skill here just by few random matchup between the players of the companies and especially here because UFC doesn't even have a profile for their own skills feats.
The thing is that the very best in the WWE have fought and defeated UFC fighters, so you're point that you can't compare the two companies in skill make no sense, especially since both the WWE and UFC primarily focus on wrestling, grappling, and striking. They're almost identical to each other.

The thing is that the very best in the WWE have fought and defeated UFC fighters, so you're point that you can't compare the two companies in skill make no sense, especially since both the WWE and UFC primarily focus on wrestling, grappling, and striking. They're almost identical to each other.
That can be same for the WWE that their top tier like cm punk lost a match even against weak ufc player and batista was barely able to win against a fighter whose record was overall poor in ufc

Yeah this has been an absolutely brilliant match and quite frankly it doesn’t deserve the ending of “WWE can’t even match regular UFC in skill so voting Tsukasa” which is just blatantly wrong.

You didn't even read my comment then I said I voted because of about argument not because of ufc~wwe argument. Anyways remove the vote I'm unfollowing from the thread

That can be same for the WWE that their top tier like cm punk lost a match even against weak ufc player and batista was barely able to win against a fighter whose record was overall poor in ufc
CM Punk's UFC career isn't even canon to his WWE career, as it all happened after he left the WWE.

Also, the fact that Punk was able to give Brock Lesnar, a former UFC champion, a good run for his money, already says a lot for how skilled Punk is. You don't need UFC experience to beat a UFC fighter, and the WWE (in kayfabe) have shown just that on numerous occasions.

Tbh, I think the negative reputation as being staged it's gained has an unfair effect on people's perceptions
But yeah this is a huge issue, “it’s all staged” “It’s not real martial arts” “They’re stage personas” the verse gets treated as lucky to be on the wiki and like everything done in it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially people asking for the 10-A actors to portray the 9-B feat more realistically...

But yeah this is a huge issue, “it’s all staged” “It’s not real martial arts” “They’re stage personas” the verse gets treated as lucky to be on the wiki and like everything done in it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Especially people asking for the 10-A actors to portray the 9-B feat more realistically...
And this is exactly why I need to win the tournament...

For Sports Entertainment!

Jericho's skill is amazing, he's been able to go toe to toe with Big Match John, someone who is clearly stronger. Tsukasa got a sword tho

You can read up I think both sides have made great points on the sword issue but Jericho can match its ability to tip the scales of the match and also dodge, and likely disarm as well, he’s experience with dodging swinging mid range objects

already had a whole essay debunking that lol

In all seriousness, that sword will a pain in the ass for Jericho.
Not one he can’t overcome though, obviously if that wasn’t the case we wouldn’t have worked out asses off arguing the contrary lmao. It is definitely Tsukasa’s best bet though

Back