• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Chris Jericho vs Tsukasa Shishio

Well he can target his body's weak points to kill him instantly like he did with senku before he was brought back due to the stone left on his neck
What are we talking about here? Could you elaborate. Also if Tsukasa has any instant win techniques he better not get blocked or dodged because Jericho’s power mimicry will end him in a second flat

Just saying

The context here does not seem to be that he’ll one shot him so his pain isn’t so bad, it’s that he’ll one shot him hitting a particular nerve in the process so his pain isn’t so bad, this doesn’t imply that the one shot was abnormal

Just saying. Also if he actually had the ability to hit nerves or whatnot to insta kill he would have dura neg on his profile.
Nah, you only have dura neg if you can do it in a sufficiently superhuman degree (things like poking a body part to make it explode). Pretty sure what Tsukasa does there is technically humanly possible, if difficult.
The context here does not seem to be that he’ll one shot him so his pain isn’t so bad, it’s that he’ll one shot him hitting a particular nerve in the process so his pain isn’t so bad, this doesn’t imply that the one shot was abnormal
It's still a strike that targets a specific nerve. Stuff like that is part of some real life martial arts and it can be more effective than just hitting someone in the face... for obvious reasons.

Anyway, since I go to sleep now, I will vote at this point.

What was presented for Chris is not enough for me. I don't think he has a skill advantage, but even if he did I don't think it's enough to make up for Tsukasa additionally having his sword for reach and piercing damage, the AP advantage and the LS advantage. In every area it's either approximately equal or Tsukasa having a clear advantage from what I have seen.
As such I vote Tsukasa.

Actually Tsukasa is also called "History strongest primate highschooler", so going by that he technically is not just the strongest in modern age.

And he defeated an MMA champion in seconds, meaning he can defeat champion level fighters extremely casually.
And Undertaker is the best pure striker in history, and Kurt Angle is the greatest shoot wrestler ever, so you're point makes no sense.

Bringing this up again
That showed him smelling bloodlust informing him of danger, he would not have been able to alert his team had it not been from him smelling the smoke, alerting him to oncoming gunfire. This honestly seems something that can only be usefully applied at long range. And you DON’T wanna argue that it can be used as pseudo-precognition to determine where and when attacks are gonna come if they’re sent at you in immediate vicinity

Also I looked up the nerve thingy. He basically said a lot of jargon that meant he was gonna break his neck, which any self respecting martial artist would have defences against, never mind someone of Chris’ skill

We have discussed how Chris has so much experience with LS disadvantages it’s practically negligible, and how AP is not only a tiny tiny advantage, but one Chris nulls with the codebreaker, which is lights out for Tsukasa after even only a few minutes of fighting and damage.

I think Tsukasa gives Chris a run for his money in a lot of areas, and holds distinct advantages in some, but Chris has the techniques and skill to nullify the relevance of his disadvantages. He can disarm Tsukasa, which oddly enough has not been brought up yet, he can mimic techniques, and can most importantly end the fight pretty much any time he wants to outside of the opening few minutes with the Codebreaker, which only would need a little damage as a safety net before it would be a blow Tsukasa can’t feasibly recover from to still win the match.

How has no one brought up the fact Tsukasa can fight on even after being stabbed in the lung protecting his sister

I don't think he could be disarmed, do you have ANY IDEA how difficult it would be to disarm a bladed weapon from a skilled user of it?
I mean look at his weapon and tell me you think he can disarm that thing
Alright frist things first he has this massive twin buster sword made of metal as someone he has a main weapon after being brought back from becoming Stone for a second time

Screenshot_20210804-203115.png

And again, Jericho could literally twist Tsukasa’s arm and get him to drop the sword, Jericho has his own moves to deal extreme damage too such as the codebreaker

I've read them, and I'm being realistic with what is and is not physically possible for a human being
His immense pain tolerance means he can fight on with a stab wound, these are superhuman characters, even if their settings are semi-realistic

I would fully agree with you in the case of two normal humans, but that’s not what we’re dealing with here

His immense pain tolerance means he can fight in with a stab wound, these are superhuman characters, even if their settings are semi-realistic
so I guess having your muscles split by a heavy blade is going to do nothing

Knifes and swords don't exactly do the same amount of widespread damage

His immense pain tolerance means he can fight on with a stab wound, these are superhuman characters, even if their settings are semi-realistic

I would fully agree with you in the case of two normal humans, but that’s not what we’re dealing with here
Tbh shouldn't Tsukasa also have pain tolerance due to fighting on despite being stabbed in a lung that was said to be e fatal blow?

Tbh shouldn't Tsukasa also have pain tolerance due to fighting on despite being stabbed in a lung that was said to be e a fatal blow?
I think that’s more a stamina feat than anything, but I can grounds for pain tolerance, though characters with ongoing CRTS are banned from the tournament so you’ll have to add it some other time

Back