• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Chris Jericho vs Tsukasa Shishio

to boil it down, my wincon for Tsukasa is

A. that he stays for the most part in the sweetspot of range, possibly backing up whenever Jericho approaches

B. deals a vital blow in the initial action, hitting the side or an arm essentially weakening Jericho if they go to grapples

Not likely given this match caps at an hour and Jericho’s stamina
True but that's a sword. It's if you had a finishing move but spammable. Jericho can't take a hit like he usually does. He needs to dodge every single strike from a weapon with decent range. If Tsukasa can chip him once or twice, it's probably wraps.

Tsukasa's isn't a chump with a blade tho. If he can just wear down Jericho, this move could work.
Jericho can just duck under and target Tsukasa's legs, which will definitely end up letting him drop his sword which would lead to Jericho ending this with the Codebreaker.

To point this out, since Tsukasa will open with his sword, Jericho will be more desperate than ever to end the fight, as he's at a clear range disadvantage, so Jericho using the Codebreaker early on is definitely something he will do here.

wait what if we give Jericho a chair /j

🤔
Then Jericho will likely win here, as this match is already extremely close despite the range disadvantage Jericho has, so imagine if the range disadvantage nullified by giving Jericho a chair. Plus Jericho has Weapon Mastery as well, so Jericho will be able to use the chair extremely proficiently.

True but that's a sword. It's if you had a finishing move but spammable. Jericho can't take a hit like he usually does. He needs to dodge every single strike from a weapon with decent range. If Tsukasa can chip him once or twice, it's probably wraps.
It's going to take way more than 1 or 2 chips to take Jericho.

Jericho has Pain Tolerance, which allows him to fight on despite severe amounts of blood loss with little to no issue.

Really depends where, Jericho has pain tolerance, great stamina, experience with range disadvantage, instinctive reaction, for a guy who’s strictly never faced a swordsman, he sure does have a good toolkit for dealing with one. And again, disarming is an option, a well timed move and Jericho nulls his biggest disadvantage

Jericho can just duck under and target Tsukasa's legs, which will definitely end up letting him drop his sword which would lead to Jericho ending this with the Codebreaker.

To point this out, since Tsukasa will open with his sword, Jericho will be more desperate than ever to end the fight, as he's at a clear range disadvantage, so Jericho using the Codebreaker early on is definitely something he will do here.
I don't think you are appreciating the importance of the walls (this is not an actual argument). I mean Codebreaker is cool but that's probably what he'd use instead of an f***ing leg sweep.

I don't think you are appreciating the importance of the walls (this is not an actual argument). I mean Codebreaker is cool but that's probably what he'd use instead of an f***ing leg sweep.
That's a fair point lol

But doing a leg sweep (or any move that targets the leg) is by no means out of the question for Jericho.

Plus, don't forget about the Walls of Jericho, or the Liontamer.

Ok but to argue there would be a difference is crazy. I'm not arguing the chips kill Jericho, but instead weaken him.
Oh, I'm not saying it's not going to hinder Jericho whatsoever, I'm just saying that Jericho has stamina/pain tolerance to ignore it before he eventually succumbs to it (which will take a while btw).

Also if we are talking slicey v pokey with the sword here’s him sticking it straight forward
Instinctive Reactions got this covered.

Or the lionsault if he's feeling risky 😈
A lionsault off the cage would a sight to see lol

Worse case scenario for either of the fighters is just stalemate. If either of them go on the offensive they probably lose.
Hmmmm well if you wanna argue strategies Jericho has more of a reason to play defensive given Tsukasa’s sword, while Tsukasa, who has dominated nearly every fight against men in spandex he’s ever had, would have more reason to be cocky, especially with his sword. Also he’s an anime villain

in these arguments, switching to Jericho, in light of

1. Tsukasa using a weapon that'd greatly restrict it's usability compared to a traditional variation of the weapon, so not only will his defense be hindered but there's the equal possibility that Jericho takes advantage of the opposite side

2. Jericho has greater skill, and more experience with fighting differing styles and disciplines, on top of instinctive reaction, it altogether makes this a brutal match up

in these arguments, switching to Jericho, in light of

1. Tsukasa using a weapon that'd greatly restrict it's usability compared to a traditional variation of the weapon, so not only will his defense be hindered but there's the equal possibility that Jericho takes advantage of the opposite side

2. Jericho has greater skill, and more experience with fighting differing styles and disciplines, on top of instinctive reaction, it altogether makes this a brutal match up
Welcome to the dark side

This has been such a great debate, I’m just so scared of waking up to a damn FRA train

Also, we're forgetting about Jericho's Social Influencing as well.

I think Jericho takes this extremely high diff due to having more win cons here.

Back