• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Chris Jericho vs Tsukasa Shishio

iu42Qxu.png

These threads have the exact same amount of views lol

I just find it hard to believe he just dodges. Tsukasa can use literally just use light attacking moves to stop any punishes/counters. I'm gonna abstain from voting until I can think of a decisive wincon for either.

I just find it hard to believe he just dodges
I feel like those arguing for Jericho have more than proven WWE is a verse skilled enough to dodge swords, at least for enough time to get an opening. Again, he doesn’t need to dodge indefinitely, just enough to disarm, hit the codebreaker, or really any other strong move

I just find it hard to believe he just dodges. Tsukasa can use literally just use light attacking moves to stop any punishes/counters. I'm gonna abstain from voting until I can think of a decisive wincon for either.
not sure how effective that would be with a double bladed sword, it's possible that if he tries pulling some rapier bullshit he'd hurt himself in the process

not sure how effective that would be with a double bladed sword, it's possible that if he tries pulling some rapier bullshit he'd hurt himself in the process
"he'd hurt himself in the process" True but who would win in that scenario? As long as he limits the damage to himself I doubt Jericho could dodge forever seeing as there is a cage.

If Tsukasa stabs/slices himself with his own damn sword he is royally screwed, that’s an opening for codebreaker gg
See I thought of that but that's only if he can't will through it. I doubt Jericho is dodging a 2 piece but if he hurts himself while trying to do it, he's gonna get KO'd.

A stab is thrusting your sword to the opponent, which is much more predictable and easier to dodge than a slash, which is harder to predict, but would do less damage.
Maybe that's true but from my experience stab's are faster if the person wielding is experienced meaning the only way you could hypothetically dodge it is a backwards movement. Which is way harder and leaves you susceptible to a follow up.

See I thought of that but that's only if he can't will through it. I doubt Jericho is dodging a 2 piece but if he hurts himself while trying to do it, he's gonna get KO'd.
Again, Jericho’s skill showings prove he is capable of dodging sword strikes, not 100% of the time but enough to create openings and to make it through the stages of the match he needs to

Maybe that's true but from my experience stab's are faster if the person wielding is experienced meaning the only way you could hypothetically dodge it is a backwards movement. Which is way harder and leaves you susceptible to a follow up.
Jericho does have Instinctive Reactions, just putting it out there...

Again, Jericho’s skill showings prove he is capable of dodging sword strikes, not 100% of the time but enough to create openings and to make it through the stages of the match he needs to
Tsukasa's isn't a chump with a blade tho. If he can just wear down Jericho, this move could work.

Back