• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament: Mondo Mole vs Tsukasa Shishio

Round 1 Match 2:

Rules
:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 6 meters.
Results:
Mondo Mole:
Tsukasa Shishio: 6 (Demonic, Pika, Random, YmThesuper, Shocking, Brutelho)
Inconclusive:

Spinoirr vs ShockingPsychic

QRWpRq5.png

Last edited:
According to the profiles I don't really see how Mondo Mole can win. Tsukasa has a 3.9x AP advantage and he also has longer range with his stone sword or spear, also Tsukasa seems to have a huge skill advantage since he has knowledge of many techniques from different martial arts and is a UFC fighter. He also has a high LS, so I don't really see how Mondo Mole can win. I won't vote yet and I will wait until someone knowledgeable of Mondo explains his abilities.

Mondo’s healing could be a problem, but with that AP advantage I’m willing to bet Tsukasa can deliver blows harder than Mondo Mole can heal from

His only other notable ability is his forcefield, but that doesn’t block physical attacks, so it’s useless in this battle. Those hax just don’t make up for a horrendous stat disadvantage. Tsukasa wins in AP, Skill, LS and that’s probably enough to seal the deal here

I agree that superior range + more skill gives Tsukasa an advantage, however Mondo has fought Ness and Paula, who have far superior range, and seemed to hold his own.

Healing is gonna be a huge advantage, as Mondo can recover 1/4th of this HP on a good "roll" (RPG mechanics lol) and apparently he's known to spam Lifeup turn after turn as soon damage starts to accumulate.

There's also his AP amp. In game, it raises Offense by 2, and while I'm unsure of the exact mechanics behind Earthbound's stat buff system, it does indeed boost his AP a good bit. This can also be stacked.

The AP gap can be closed due to the amps, and its worth nothing that Mondo scales above his listed AP value to an unknown degree.

As for his attacks, in-game text confirms that he uses his claws to "tear into" and slash his targets.

I agree that superior range + more skill gives Tsukasa an advantage, however Mondo has fought Ness and Paula, who have far superior range, and seemed to hold his own.

Healing is gonna be a huge advantage, as Mondo can recover 1/4th of this HP on a good "roll" (RPG mechanics lol) and apparently he's known to spam Lifeup turn after turn as soon damage starts to accumulate.

There's also his AP amp. In game, it raises Offense by 2, and while I'm unsure of the exact mechanics behind Earthbound's stat buff system, it does indeed boost his AP a good bit. This can also be stacked.

The AP gap can be closed due to the amps, and its worth nothing that Mondo scales above his listed AP value to an unknown degree.

As for his attacks, in-gane text confirms that he uses his claws to "tear into" and slash his targets.
So what, the AP gap is <3.9x, and <<3.9x with amps? Not exactly closing the gap. Not to mention time spent amping is time spent not healing, so you can’t argue both that Mondo Mole will spam healing to stay alive AND amp himself enough to give him a fighting chance physically. In combat Mondo Mole doesn’t stand a chance either, with disadvantages in both skill and LS. He has to very carefully balance out all of his options to avoid picking up a loss, and I don’t see that happening more times than not. Voting Tsukasa

About Mondo's AP amps, it cannot past the AP limit for the tourney (487.3 KJ), so at best, these 2 will be even in terms of AP.

Mole has experience dealing with foes with far better range, so Mole will most likely find a way around the range disadvantage sooner or later. His healing will also help a bit.

However, I feel Tsukasa's Skill and LS gap will give him the win fairly convincingly. This fight is by no means a stomp, but Tsukasa should win this without too much difficulty.

Tsukasa FRA

Btw, what's Tsukasa's LS? I can't see the profiles now (website is blocked), so just curious.

About Mondo's AP amps, it cannot past the AP limit for the tourney (487.3 KJ), so at best, these 2 will be even in terms of AP.

Mole has experience dealing with foes with far better range, so Mole will most likely find a way around it sooner or later. His healing will also help a bit.

However, I feel Tsukasa's Skill and LS gap will give him the win fairly convincingly. This fight is by no means a stomp, but Tsukasa should win this without too much difficulty.

Tsukasa FRA
Yes, Mondo Mole can win this match, but he needs a combination of excellent luck and strategic genius

Back