• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 9-B Enter the Octagon Tournament 2022: Chris Jericho vs Deathstroke (The Finale)

Slade will think that Jericho is extremely injured, and unable to do anything, so he'll approach Jericho to try and finish him off, and then that's when Jericho will hit the Codebreaker.
Slade isn't going to drop his guard because his opponent is injured. He's a cunning tactician and has dealt with fake-outs before, so he will be as cautious as he would usually. Also, Codebreaker will be still hard to hit if Slade still has the range advantage and Jericho's injured.

He can also fake like he's hurt, then he finish Slade off.

Slade will think that Jericho is extremely injured, and unable to do anything, so he'll approach Jericho to try and finish him off, and then that's when Jericho will hit the Codebreaker.
I don't think that slade would be finish it too slowly, he's the kind of person to stay wary

Slade is not going to be affected by cheap tactics and minor social influence. The dude is a cold-blooded killer who cares only about the task at hand; assassinating his opponents.
I don't think he's the sort of person who'd kill if he doesn't have to, if he sees that Jericho is basically defeated, it's possible he'd knock him out, job well done, he lives and gets paid

For the second point that could be effective, but it depends what type of trick he would be using and what it would be used for. But then again, Slade, after seeing that Jericho can instinctively dodge most of Slade's attacks, will obviously be more cautious of fakes and taunts.

Not sure if they would be intuitive or not, instinct isn't always perfect, and in many cases can be very flawed, he may genuinely see an opening where there isn't one

(checking and lo! before me on a pale horse was a new argument!)

Slade isn't going to drop his guard because his opponent is injured. He's a cunning tactician and has dealt with fake-outs before, so he will be as cautious as he would usually. Also, Codebreaker will be still hard to hit if Slade still has the range advantage and Jericho's injured.
Do you know how social influencing works? I'm confused.

Prove that it isn't minor.
One look at the justifications for the ability on his page proves it isn’t minor, he’s a skilled manipulator. Burden of proof is on you to prove an ability listed is of subpar quality to what is usually imagined when it comes to mind

I don't think he's the sort of person who'd kill if he doesn't have to, if he sees that Jericho is basically defeated, it's possible he'd knock him out, job well done, he lives and gets paid
naw Slade is 100% that kind of person, if he knows his opponent is down he'll 100% go for the a quick stab to end them completely.

Besides, Social Influencing is nice in that it can be applied in a crap ton of different ways, if he doesn’t fake injury he can taunt Deathstroke, or bait him into an attack, or do a lot of other matters of manipulating the match into an ideal climate for him

Alright, for the first point this is a deathmatch so i'm not sure Slade will give it any regards and simply go for the kill.
Fair.

For the second point that could be effective, but it depends what type of trick he would be using and what it would be used for. But then again, Slade, after seeing that Jericho can instinctively dodge most of Slade's attacks, will obviously be more cautious of fakes and taunts.

This final point will probably pose a problem if Jericho can spam it, but it really depends on if Slade can simply finish this fight before Jericho gets slashed.
Oh shit. I have the perfect thing Jericho can do here.

Jericho really likes getting personal, so he can mention things about Slade's mask, and how he covers his face from the world because he's insecure about himself (he did this exact thing when he was feuding with Rey Mysterio, I just wish I can find the promo he did it).

He can also convince Slade to drop his weapons and fight pure H2H, saying something like he's too scared to fight him with pure fists because he'll know he'll lose to him.

Besides, Social Influencing is nice in that it can be applied in a crap ton of different ways, if he doesn’t fake injury he can taunt Deathstroke, or bait him into an attack, or do a lot of other matters of manipulating the match into an ideal climate for him
Exactly. Jericho doesn't need a new best friend to backstab. He just wants the slightest opening. A second of hesitation. And that's when he breaks the code, and your face.

Jericho really likes getting personal, so he can mention things about Slade's mask, and how he covers his face from the world because he's insecure about himself (he did this exact thing when he was feuding with Rey Mysterio, I just wish I can find the promo he did it).

He can also convince Slade to drop his weapons and fight pure H2H, saying something like he's too scared to fight him with pure fists because he'll know he'll lose to him.
Slade's mask comments shouldn't affect him too much, as he does it mainly for safety for his identity. I guess it could start getting him a bit mad, but overall his performance shouldn't be too different.

Also, Slade isn't an idiot and should know that he should press his ranged weapon advantage and go for the kill, but unironically this will probably be the most effective thing for Jericho to do (if he ever did this canonically against weapon users).

Edit: Anyway, going to sleep now, don't really care what happens with voting I would just rather this be over sooner rather than later.

Slade's mask comments shouldn't affect him too much, as he does it mainly for safety for his identity. I guess it could start getting him a bit mad, but overall his performance shouldn't be too different.
Just saying, if Slade charges for Jericho, Jericho can automatically counter it into a Codebreaker, ending the match. Heck, all Jericho needs is a little hesitation from Slade, then it's GG from there.

Also, Slade isn't an idiot and should know that he should press his ranged weapon advantage and go for the kill, but unironically this will probably be the most effective thing for Jericho to do (if he ever did this canonically against weapon users).
Don't think you should argue intelligence for something like Social Influencing. Social Influencing is a common thing in the WWE, and yet people with years, and even decades of experience fall for tricks, or get manipulated by an opponent, so intelligence shouldn't play a factor in Social Influencing.

Edit: Anyway, going to sleep now, don't really care what happens with voting I would just rather this be over sooner rather than later.
!
That's all I needed. He will get that bit mad, that slight processing. Then he hits you with a codebreaker.

I’m gonna sleep, I’ll come back and make counter arguments for whatever when I get back (although knowing my luck grace might be hit while I sleep lol)

Shouldn’t we wait until social Influencing is discussed a little further? Seems like it could be important
All I know is that intelligence shouldn't play a big factor for Social Influencing. Slade doesn't even need to be convinced by what Jericho is saying. All Jericho needs is a small hesitation and it's over.

Just saying, if Slade charges for Jericho, Jericho can automatically counter it into a Codebreaker, ending the match. Heck, all Jericho needs is a little hesitation from Slade, then it's GG from there.
Slade is not gonna charge in blindly, thats never been how he's approached a fight before, he's always made sure to plan out what his best way of winning is then making his attack, btw his whole thinking is not gonna leave him open since he does it pretty much on the spot."
Don't think you should argue intelligence for something like Social Influencing. Social Influencing is a common thing in the WWE, and yet people with years, and even decades of experience fall for tricks, or get manipulated by an opponent, so intelligence shouldn't play a factor in Social Influencing.
Slade is use to dealing with people who fight with tricks which is quite literally what Green Arrows whole thing is and against Slade that failed horribly meaning he had to resort to not using tricks anymore, and again Slade was one of the few people to get past one Green Arrow's trick tactics since they're usually incredibly hard to get pass.

Slade is not gonna charge in blindly, thats never been how he's approached a fight before, he's always made sure to plan out what his best way of winning is then making his attack, btw his whole thinking is not gonna leave him open since he does it pretty much on the spot."

Slade is use to dealing with people who fight with tricks which is quite literally what Green Arrows whole thing is and against Slade that failed horribly meaning he had to resort to not using tricks anymore, and again Slade was one of the few people to get past one Green Arrow's trick tactics since they're usually incredibly hard to get pass.
All Jericho needs is a hesitation from Slade and that's it.

Slade doesn't even necessarily have to fall for it. If he hesitates (which he will), then it's GG.

Slade, will become cautious though, and Jericho will have to time this right.

Can we have the old tag belts?
Ya mean this?

World_Tag_Team_Championship.png

Back