• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-B: The Ultimate Quest Tournament (2022): Quarter-Final: Gon Freecss vs Big Boss

Here is Killua dodging a flea coming at him at bullet speeds by sensing despite not knowing where it's coming from.
Didn’t big boss do the same thing in MGS3? He tracked down a sniper who he didn’t know where he was?

Might not be as good, but still comparable as a feat.

In that moment, but didn't you just say he didn't opt to do that till it was to late? If so, what was the other dude even talking in regards to "concealing your aura" if Killua had already done so?
.... Huh? No. Killua uses Ten on a regular basis, it's how he keeps his aura from leaking. He opted for using Zetsu, not Ten, after getting next to the dude's room and conceal the aura completely.

I believe you are confused.

Naturally, Aura pours out of the body as you age.
Ten controls that, and keeps this leaking aura close to you, acting as a defense against offensive Nen. It doesn't stop the flow, it just controls it.

Zetsu gathers all that aura and conceals it inside the user's body, thus, completely halting the flow of your Nen, and hiding your presence even for ordinary people looking at the Zetsu user on their line of sight. (They'll think you disappeared, and have trouble seeing you even if you're literally in front of them, IIRC).

Could you not be so hostile, the hell's your issue? I haven't even made an argument yet. I'm asking shit so I can make an argument without leaving out Gon's capabilities, or would you prefer I not do that?
...? You're overreacting a lot. I said you were stretching the argument, what makes you think I was being hostile? Because I said "hell"? How can you even interpret that from the way I worded my point?

That's non-sense, and honestly, this offended me. I am trying to have a chill debate with you, but a minor comment on your insistence on a particular point makes you react like I insulted your dog or something. What the hell dude...

That's good, but not really good for the Gon argument's, you kind of just gave BB a huge saving grace whether you intended to or not.
?????
I showed you a hunter sensing a small animal's aura (despite it not having actual Nen), going at him at faster-than-sound speeds. Hunters can sense presences regardless of the force of the aura.

What are the arguments and win cons for both?
I already said

Gon has comparable, if not superior, skill in combat, and can knock him out with one good Nen punch to the chin, or any sensible part. Plus, Gon has aura which can block his bullets, darts, and can hold his breath for minutes to counter his gas

BB has comparable skill, and weaponry versatility. He can outlast Gon's breath holding, and aura, and put him to sleep.

I already said

Gon has comparable, if not superior, skill in combat, and can knock him out with one good Nen punch to the chin, or any sensible part. Plus, Gon has aura which can block his bullets, darts, and can hold his breath for minutes to counter his gas

BB has comparable skill, and weaponry versatility. He can outlast Gon's breath holding, and aura, and put him to sleep.
How does gon find snake when he goes invisible or stealth mode?

...? You're overreacting a lot. I said you were stretching the argument, what makes you think I was being hostile? Because I said "hell"? How can you even interpret that from the way I worded my point?

Because I wasn't even making an argument, I was asking a question. If I feel after the questions have been answered and BB still has the means to do such things, I'll argue it, if he doesn't, I won't, simple as that, didn't really take you telling me to drop an argument that wasn't even a argument or before I made my judgement on it as exactly called for.

That's non-sense, and honestly, this offended me. I am trying to have a chill debate with you, but a minor comment on your insistence on a particular point makes you react like I insulted your dog or something. What the hell dude...

That's my point, you're taking me asking details on stuff as insistence on a point or that I'm somehow arguing this yet, I'm not. Gon doesn't even have Extrasensory Perception or Life Force sensing on his profile, of course I'm going to need to know the details as his profile even lacks a mention of this ability.

????? I showed you a hunter sensing a small animal's aura (despite it not having actual Nen), going at him at faster-than-sound speeds. Hunters can sense presences regardless of the force of the aura.

Is that what he did? If so I can accept that.

Because I wasn't even making an argument, I was asking a question. If I feel after the questions have been answered and BB still has the means to do such things, I'll argue it, if he doesn't, I won't, simple as that, didn't really take you telling me to drop an argument that wasn't even a argument or before I made my judgement on it as exactly called for.

That's my point, you're taking me asking details on stuff as insistence on a point or that I'm somehow arguing this yet, I'm not.
Oh, so I'm being hostile because I called your question an argument? I see, this is totally reasonable- Except it's not, you still overreacted by a long shot.
Take a chill pill bud.
Gon doesn't even have Extrasensory Perception or Life Force sensing on his profile, of course I'm going to need to know the details as his profile even lacks a mention of this ability.
🗿

Is that what he did? If so I can accept that.
Yes.

Oh, so I'm being hostile because I called your question an argument? I see, this is totally reasonable- Except it's not, you still overreacted by a long shot. Take a chill pill bud.

Maybe not, but you're definitely being presumptuous. I mean case and point. I said hostile, I didn't say you were freaking out or being an asshole, just a tad overbearing in you presuming or saying stuff.

So not ESP or life force sensing, merely a "can react to things without sight" it allows him to react to foes without sight, but how? What's the details on it, the mechanics, the range, is it through life force? Through other's nen, is it due to movement, shifts in the atmosphere? Etc. As you can see, the profile does next to nothing in actually explaining or even showing examples of it, thus, I asked questions because the profile lacked answers.
I stand by what I said, his profile lacks any actual mention of life force sensing and that one line is incredibly vague, doesn't mention that and doesn't explain anything at all.

Maybe not, but you're definitely being presumptuous. I mean case and point. I said hostile, I didn't say you were freaking out or being an asshole, just a tad overbearing in you presuming or saying stuff.
Sure thing, buddy. You done? Can we get back on topic?
So not ESP--,
The hax is labeled as ESP.
I stand by what I said, his profile lacks any actual mention of life force sensing and that one line is incredibly vague, doesn't mention that and doesn't explain anything at all.
It flat out says he can sense Nen (which is life force, as explained on the page).

"Gon's more skilled than BB"

ok. makes sense 🗿
"hurr durr scaling chain",
Gon has on-screen skill feats that dwarfs Big Boss'. No amount of scaling chain is touching hard evidence, and scaling chains on skill are the stupidest thing ever.

Gon is slightly more skilled than BB because he has shown better feats, end of story.

"hurr durr scaling chain",
Gon has on-screen skill feats that dwarfs Big Boss'. No amount of scaling chain is touching hard evidence, and scaling chains on skill are the stupidest thing ever.

Gon is slightly more skilled than BB because he has shown better feats, end of story.
lol. ya got me good. yeah, in an alternate-non existent universe where HxH in terms of skill is vastly superior to Metal gear. too bad this isnt the case in this universe bro. You have no idea as to how jacked up the skill scaling chain is in MG. Like I said and as to what would happen truthfully speaking, Gon would get stomped by BB's pinkie toe in terms of skill, no diff.

Gon has on-screen skill feats that dwarfs Big Boss'. No amount of scaling chain is touching hard evidence, and scaling chains on skill are the stupidest thing ever. Gon is slightly more skilled than BB because he has shown better feats, end of story.

Gon would be lucky to be as skilled as Null or Gene lad. Dude's BB straight up humiliates, gave one PTSD and an obsession and gave one an existential crisis.

lol. ya got me good. yeah, in an alternate-non existent universe where HxH in terms of skill is vastly superior to Metal gear. too bad this isnt the case in this universe bro. You have no idea as to how jacked up the skill scaling chain is in MG. Like I said and as to what would happen truthfully speaking, Gon would get stomped by BB's pinkie toe in terms of skill, no diff.
Funny.

Gon still has a higher intelligence stat here, maybe if you read the reasoning behind it, you might change your mind. I'm not going to regurgitate his skill feats again unless someone (who actually provides a good reasoning for doubting) questions it.

Gon would be lucky to be as skilled as Null or Gene lad. Dude's BB straight up humiliates, gave one PTSD and an obsession and gave on an existential crisis.
Pul~ease.

We can have a consensus of "Both are high skill combatants", or if you want to go in a "skill feat scans" competition, I'm down.

We can have a consensus of "Both are high skill combatants", or if you want to go in a "skill feat scans" competition, I'm down.

Dude, the bottom of the MGS scaling chain is a dude who can literally read minds, see the future, has analytical prediction and has precognition. And BB folded him.

Dude, the bottom of the MGS scaling chain is a dude who can literally read minds,
Cool. That's still not a solid combat feat.
What the opponent is capable of doing is irrelevant, it's how he uses it that matters. How thay unfolds on screen, and oopsie doopsie, that read mind thing accomplishes nothing overly impressive.

Again, if that's the case, you'd be able to upgrade MGS to Genius in Combat.
see the future, has analytical prediction and has precognition. And BB folded him.
Love how you said literally the same thing three times.

We have this slightly "laid back" argumentation on skill like, "Duuude! This dude is stated to surpass masters of Kung Fu", or "Dude! Look at this very trick hax his opponent has! And he beat him, he surely is god tier skilled",

When... No, that's not the case at all, if nothing impressive is demonstrated on screen, or if none of these 'tricky hax's' are demonstrated to be used competently, then it's not an impressive skill feat.

Like yeah, you beat a dude with precognition, but if he had an IQ of a flatworm, you're still going to get skill stomped by a precog user who uses his hax like an actual genius. What your opponent has should NEVER be an argument for how skilled you are.

Last edited:
I, at least, stated why Gon is skilled, instead of using false equivalency such as
"BB has a scaling chain", or "The opponent had XYZ Hax, thus, obviously genius combat skill".

I can provide the evidence if you want.

I, at least, stated why Gon is skilled, instead of using false equivalency such as
"BB has a scaling chain", or "The opponent had XYZ Hax, thus, obviously genius combat skill".

I can provide the evidence if you want.
provide the evidence as to why gon doesnt straight up get fodderized in terms of skill. ill wait 👍 for everything that you have claimed of his skill and intelligence. please also provide the number of the chapters/pages you are going to use.

provide the evidence as to why gon doesnt straight up get fodderized in terms of skill. ill wait 👍 for everything that you have claimed of his skill and intelligence.
Bet.
pleasese also provide the number of the chapters/pages you are going to use.
But I'm not doing that. I already have the skill feats on my notes, I'm not gonna look into each chapter my scans come from again just because some random dude who has zero knowledge on the verse wants it

Back