• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-B: The Ultimate Quest Tournament (2022): Quarter-Final: The player vs Asuna

Quarter-Final 2:
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody or of the location.
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
  • Location: The Island of Lemon located on The Nierre’s Heaven.
The second Quarter final is here, who will go to Semi-Final
NTaEzHH.png

Result:
Asuna (Last key):
The Player: 8 (Psychomaster, Speedster, DemonicDude, Nierre, OneBlach, Popted2, Noneless21, Fluffy)
Inconclusive:
PbPQ3AJ.png

Last edited:
So, it’s a battle of the virtual reality players stuck within their games. I’ll repost the necessary points for the Player I stated in their previous match while stating other factors.

So the Player is just barely stronger and more durable by nearly 4 tons. They often lead with their best weapons (Typically their strongest ones) while making it harder for their opponents to hit them, such as turning invisible or spamming a grappling weapon to sling themselves around the opponent at fast speeds, making it easy to aimdodge attacks. Since Asuna seems to have no flight, the Player would simply be able to fly up with a Jetpack to avoid them.

They have access to 80+ pets that can fight opponents off (For reference, they are somewhat weaker than the Player but can still cause good damage to other Players). Especially with 2 of the pets being ghosts: the Eagle Spirit and the Pocket Demon. Also, whenever a pet dies, it takes them 15 seconds to automatically resurrect themselves. However, if the Player dies, then all of their pets would despawn. Finally, the Player has the Denied gadget, where upon being manually activated, it allows them to resurrect if they die within the 12 seconds it is active before it wears off.

For the fight, it’s clear that Asuna has better swordsmanship than the Player using their melee weapons in the case of a close ranged fight, although to make this up, some of those melee weapons can cause burning, bleeding, poisoning, or movement slowing if those attacks land. Meanwhile, the Player has superior long ranged options since they have a variety of different attacks thanks to their versatility, such as lasers and ricocheting weapons. They will very much keep their distance away from being hit by Asuna’s melee attacks, especially with having experience dealing with multiple similar melee users at once who can occasionally spew projectiles over the 9 years Pixel Gun has been out for. Both of them pretty much have limitless stamina, so they won’t be tiring anytime soon.

Overall, I think it’s more likely that the Player will barely take this more times thanks to superior range, versatility, and usage of flight. Simply put, they have many haxes that can screw Asuna over, such as reflecting half the damage back to Asuna with the Reflector if she hits them, damaging/potentially killing Asuna by deploying a couple of Voodoo Snowmen and destroying them once they hide (Especially with being able to buff their attack by 25% temporarily with the Leader’s Drum to deal extra damage), turn her into a powerless sheep for 5 seconds through the Witch’s Sheep Cauldron, slow her movement speed down with various guns in order to make it harder for Asuna to get up close (Though projectiles/shockwaves may still seem like a problem, the Player can block those with shields or use the Reflector to reflect half the damage back), slow down time with the Astral Wand, and many more options.

For that, I see the Player taking this more times, so voting them.

Last edited:
So the Player is just barely stronger and more durable by nearly 4 tons. They often lead with their best weapons (Typically their strongest ones) while making it harder for their opponents to hit them, such as turning invisible or spamming a grappling weapon to sling themselves around the opponent at fast speeds, making it easy to aimdodge attacks. Since Asuna seems to have no flight, the Player would simply be able to fly up with a Jetpack to avoid them.
Fair enough. Though she has an ability called Hypersense which allows her to sense targets if she cannot see them, as well as killing intent and hostile intentions, so I think she'll be fine for the most part, especially since she's EXTREMELY agile, as she's known as "The Flash" because of her flashy and speedy strikes and agility.
They have access to 80+ pets that can fight opponents off (For reference, they are somewhat weaker than the Player but can still cause good damage to other Players). Especially with 2 of the pets being ghosts: the Eagle Spirit and the Pocket Demon. Also, whenever a pet dies, it takes them 15 seconds to automatically resurrect themselves. However, if the Player dies, then all of their pets would despawn. Finally, the Player has the Denied gadget, where upon being manually activated, it allows them to resurrect if they die within the 12 seconds it is active before it wears off.
What do these pets do? Cause Asuna is very skilled, she can easily just kill them with a few strikes.
some of those melee weapons can cause burning, bleeding, poisoning, or movement slowing if those attacks land.
Well actually she has Status Effect Inducement Nullification, so all of those will be negated just by drinking a potion or even by meditating. She also has Immortality Type 2, so Player would have to do an insane amount of damage to actually knocked her down. Also seeing how she's an SAO Avatar, her pain is insanely reduced, so even if she takes a massive hit say to the chest, as long as she isn't dead, she will keep fighting, because of her pain absorber. She also has fast recovery and healing crystals that are used SPECIFICALLY for massive damage or heavy injuries.
Meanwhile, the Player has superior long ranged options since they have a variety of different attacks thanks to their versatility, such as lasers and ricocheting weapons.
On top of Hypersense, she also has Distinguish, which allows her to eliminate background noises around her, to focus on certain sounds around her allowing her to have hyper focus.
Simply put, they have many haxes that can screw Asuna over, such as reflecting half the damage back to Asuna with the Reflector if she hits them
As I mentioned her regen will allow her to push through, including her pain receptors being nulled, she'll have no problem killing them.

Also if The Player starts in close range, then I'm willing to say she'd win due to her massively superior reflexes and quick strikes. As show on her Sword Skills, she is able to chain her quick and fast attacks one after the other. Using "Sword Skill Imitation" allows her to instantly chain her attacks with 0 post motion delay or delay after each combo attack, allowing her to strike at his body without fail.

She also does have a move that allows her to strike in the air called "Mother Rosario" which is an 11 hit combo. I believe that is the strongest move in her kit, and just like her other moves, she can chain it into her other moves.

What makes her (or SAO characters) fights fun is the "Switch" Ability. Switch as stated on her profile, allows her to switch positions with another Player in between an enemy's attack to chain or recover damage (think of it like Todou from JJK). It works as a teleportation technique. So she can very well use his summons/pets against him. If there are enemies in the air next to him, she can prepare a combo/multi hit attack -> Switch places with them -> And instantly chain into her multi hit. With Sword Skill Imitation she loses any delay post motion, so she can combo into "Mother Rosario" dealing the final blow(s). Like I mentioned, she has a TON of multi hit combo attacks, so she can literally just chain them all with SSI and finish them off with her final attack. Because of the way their bodies work in SAO, she pretty much has limitless stamina so she can very will continue the chain once she gets a SINGLE hit in.

Basically she can hit enemies in the air with "Switch" and "Mother Rosario". She can also nullify status inducements with potions, and also has tons of healing options and a decently fast recovery rate. With her Type 2 Immortality and Pain Receptors Off, she ISNT slowing down anytime soon, and she can accumulate damage against the opponent with Chain attacks and SSI.

I'll vote Asuna

Fair enough. Though she has an ability called Hypersense which allows her to sense targets if she cannot see them, as well as killing intent and hostile intentions, so I think she'll be fine for the most part, especially since she's EXTREMELY agile, as she's known as "The Flash" because of her flashy and speedy strikes and agility.
what is the range of hypersense? It's not like she can escape being sucked into a black hole and gravity pull with a good range of effect either.
What do these pets do? Cause Asuna is very skilled, she can easily just kill them with a few strikes.

beyond physical damage, some have explosion damage, lasers that cause burn, poison, Cyber Phoenix has Power nullification and others heal the player, the player can summon as many as he wants at the same time
Well actually she has Status Effect Inducement Nullification, so all of those will be negated just by drinking a potion or even by meditating. She also has Immortality Type 2, so Player would have to do an insane amount of damage to actually knocked her down. Also seeing how she's an SAO Avatar, her pain is insanely reduced, so even if she takes a massive hit say to the chest, as long as she isn't dead, she will keep fighting, because of her pain absorber. She also has fast recovery and healing crystals that are used SPECIFICALLY for massive damage or heavy injuries.
positions will be nullified/locked and her ability to jump too with some weapons or equip

Fortune effect will make the probability in favor of the player to deal more damage to Asuna with a back-up weapon

the player has passive reduction/amplification stats depending on the set he is using and reducing damage with his standard armor, so she will be affected instantly when she enters his range and half of the damage she deals to the player will be reflected

also the player can one-shot Asuna with last word, if she kills him

On top of Hypersense, she also has Distinguish, which allows her to eliminate background noises around her, to focus on certain sounds around her allowing her to have hyper focus.

that won't stop weapons that can ricocheting more than 10 or even 100 times hit their target with just one shot

As I mentioned her regen will allow her to push through, including her pain receptors being nulled, she'll have no problem killing them.

Also if The Player starts in close range, then I'm willing to say she'd win due to her massively superior reflexes and quick strikes. As show on her Sword Skills, she is able to chain her quick and fast attacks one after the other. Using "Sword Skill Imitation" allows her to instantly chain her attacks with 0 post motion delay or delay after each combo attack, allowing her to strike at his body without fail.

She also does have a move that allows her to strike in the air called "Mother Rosario" which is an 11 hit combo. I believe that is the strongest move in her kit, and just like her other moves, she can chain it into her other moves.

What makes her (or SAO characters) fights fun is the "Switch" Ability. Switch as stated on her profile, allows her to switch positions with another Player in between an enemy's attack to chain or recover damage (think of it like Todou from JJK). It works as a teleportation technique. So she can very well use his summons/pets against him. If there are enemies in the air next to him, she can prepare a combo/multi hit attack -> Switch places with them -> And instantly chain into her multi hit. With Sword Skill Imitation she loses any delay post motion, so she can combo into "Mother Rosario" dealing the final blow(s). Like I mentioned, she has a TON of multi hit combo attacks, so she can literally just chain them all with SSI and finish them off with her final attack. Because of the way their bodies work in SAO, she pretty much has limitless stamina so she can very will continue the chain once she gets a SINGLE hit in.
The player can get out of the way of the attack with time machine or portal weapons
Basically she can hit enemies in the air with "Switch" and "Mother Rosario". She can also nullify status inducements with potions, and also has tons of healing options and a decently fast recovery rate. With her Type 2 Immortality and Pain Receptors Off, she ISNT slowing down anytime soon, and she can accumulate damage against the opponent with Chain attacks and SSI.

I'll vote Asuna
the player has infinite stamina too

I already explained that the potions are nullified, her immortality type 2 and her pain inhibitor will not save her from being reduced to ash, disintegrated, poisoned by radiation or that her mind is destroyed by Big Data among a thousand ect, all with several hundred meters of attack distance.

Asuna's only advantage here is her skill, which needs to get close to be able to attack and if she tries to hit the player, depending on what weapon he have, Asuna will be either electrified or burned for approaching him

what is the range of hypersense?
I'm not actually sure
positions will be nullified/locked and her ability to jump too with some weapons or equip
What? I don't get what you're saying
the player has passive reduction/amplification stats depending on the set he is using and reducing damage with his standard armor, so she will be affected instantly when she enters his range and half of the damage she deals to the player will be reflected
Uh that won't matter if she has potions and crystals that negates status inducements and debuffs.
also the player can one-shot Asuna with last word, if she kills him
What does that do?
The player can get out of the way of the attack with time machine or portal weapons
Get out of what attack?

She uses multi hit chain attacks, which builds off of stun from the previous hit? How is he getting out of a barrage/flurry of attacks?
the player has infinite stamina too
I know, I was just saying that she can chain her attacks without a worry of stamina, not saying she has better stamina than him.
I already explained that the potions are nullified
How? I must have missed it or something..?
her mind is destroyed by Big Data
Actually she has insane mental willpower, so much so that she broke out of the administrator's paralysis through straight willpower.

Incarnation in SAO is the ability to change the foundation of the world through straight willpower or imagination and it usually triggers through extreme emotion or extreme mental activity.

TL;DR the more they believe in themselves and the more confidence they have in their abilities the higher the chances of anything they do to succeed (hence why she has Limited Reality Warping and Probability Manipulation on her profile)

What? I don't get what you're saying
It is due to the effect of Cyber Phoenix and some weapons that can block your equipment if you are hit or kill the Phoenix in a radius of several meters instantly

Uh that won't matter if she has potions and crystals that negates status inducements and debuffs.
reduce damage, power and speed aren't actually status effects in PG3D🤔, plus it's passive, so even if she heals, she'll be affected after a second.

even if she is not affected, the player can buff himself with gear or slow down her with Time hax
What does that do?
If the Asuna kills the player, he body will instantly explode although it requires the player to wield a heavy weapon.
Get out of what attack?
She uses multi hit chain attacks, which builds off of stun from the previous hit? How is he getting out of a barrage/flurry of attacks?
Time machine will take the player out of the place through time travel at an earlier point in time.
I know, I was just saying that she can chain her attacks without a worry of stamina, not saying she has better stamina than him.
Ok
How? I must have missed it or something..?

Actually she has insane mental willpower, so much so that she broke out of the administrator's paralysis through straight willpower.

Incarnation in SAO is the ability to change the foundation of the world through straight willpower or imagination and it usually triggers through extreme emotion or extreme mental activity.

TL;DR the more they believe in themselves and the more confidence they have in their abilities the higher the chances of anything they do to succeed (hence why she has Limited Reality Warping and Probability Manipulation on her profile)
Big Data is about overloading your enemy's mind to the point that it explodes, not direct alteration just filling it with information.

reduce damage, power and speed aren't actually status effects in PG3D🤔
Nah SEI also refers to burning, poison, freezing, just in general ailments that would potentially hinder your performance.

Anyway I'm not gonna bother going through everything cause this legitimately looks like a stomp to me. I just took a looks at his profile, and he has so much stuff it's literally unreal. Like you'd have to resist all of VSBW shit just to stand a chance against this dude due to how much hax this dude has 😭

Dang, the player is OP, and he lost to solid snake iirc from the 8-B shooter tourney sp Solid Snake is even more OP
Well, that's the charm of yourself being the player protagonist, after all.

And it appears Big Boss is winning in the other thread, but if he does win, it means I unknowingly predicted that I'd eventually fight Big Boss when someone pointed out I accidentally used an image of him instead of Solid Snake during my 8-B Shooters WFinals

And it appears Big Boss is winning in the other thread, but if he does win, it means I unknowingly predicted that I'd eventually fight Big Boss when someone pointed out I accidentally used an image of him instead of Solid Snake during my 8-B Shooters WFinals
****, the butterfly effect is REAL!

kronk-oh-yeah-its-all-coming-together.gif

Back