• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-B: The Ultimate Quest Tournament (2022): Big Boss vs Johnny Test

Round 2 (Match 1):
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Random encounters no prior knowledge to anybody or of the location.
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
  • Location: The Island of Lemon located on The Nierre’s Heaven.
NTaEzHH.png

Result:
Johnny Test: 1 (Speedster)
Big Boss: 7 (Arcker, Lugh, DemonicDude, Popted2, Carrot190, Adem, CBSlayer)
Inconclusive

oxQkCer.png

Last edited:
Snake remembers the basics of cqc and tranqs Johnny to sleep, using the fulton to bfr him outta the arena once hes asleep

BFR as an ability is not allowed however if either were to fall from the island into the atlantic if they can not get back then they are disqualified. read the Location rules.

Doesn't Johnny have Flight via Turbo Action Backpack, He can just go on from floating Island to Island to maintain her distance.
It's not Big Boss' first time handling those who can fly. If I recall he encountered some enemy in MGS3 that's riding some sort of thing that allows them to fly. Big Boss should be able to easily snipe his backpack since its obvious that backpack allows Johnny Test to fly.

Or turn invisible with Electro Chromatic Blanket..
Electro Chromatic Blanket.. I don't think that would conceal himself properly with Snake's Soliton Radar, Thermal Goggles, Anti Personnel Sensor under Snake's equipment.
Also judging by the name, could it possibly be jammed by Snake's chaff grenade?

Good points, good points.

However, I am 70% sure that Johhny is a hundred times more mobile with his jetpack than those jet platforms that those grunts used in MGS3 - so BB might have a bit of a hard time in sniping him.

Also, I think some folks need to come back to Natsuki Subaru vs Monaca Towa since I feel like it was Grace trained too early - most cuz it was grace trained while I was away and wasn't around to argue with anybody.

However, I am 70% sure that Johhny is a hundred times more mobile with his jetpack than those jet platforms that those grunts used in MGS3 - so BB might have a bit of a hard time in sniping him.
True it's gonna be hard but im sure Big Boss can pull it off also big boss aims through his eyepatch, insane skill if you ask me

He can analyze situations quickly and act intelligently even under pressure, working to heal his injuries while on the battlefield and treating EVA with Para-Medic's guidance, and can expertly lead his nation of Outer Heaven and all its soldiers.
I don't understand this part can you explain me about the whole Outer Heaven thingey ? cause so far above everything tells he's an expert miitary soldier with good sniping skills.

Perhaps, but unless DD said otherwise, I am pretty sure that both BB and Johnny start within each other line of sight and Johnny is a person who is willing to use their hax first, and Snake needs to deal with:

Energy Projection with laser guns

Size Manipulation via Shrink Ray

Time Manipulation with Turbo Time Rewinder (Can pause and rewind people for up to 5 minutes) and Saturday Repeater Machine (Automatically rewinds time to the most previous Saturday)

Memory Manipulation (Also with the Turbo Time Rewinder, when Hugh got angry at Susan & Mary for breaking his bowling ball, his memories from the incident were wiped out once Mary used it on him, and he thought Johnny was the culprit instead)

Mind Manipulation with Mind Controlling Collars & Belts

Possession with Mega Action Game Controller (When pointed at someone, Johnny can control them as if they were a video game character)

Life Manipulation (The Static Animator can bring inanimate objects to life and increase their size, including a bunch of toys)

Transmutation (The Bubble Love Gum turned Gil into a gorilla)

Resurrection with Replenish Ray (Brought back zombies from the dead in Johnny Zombie Tea Party)

Duplication with the Clone Hopper

Paralysis Inducement with Paralysis Gas Breath Spray (Stuns whoever is in range of the spray)

Gravity Manipulation with Magnetic Device (As shown in the episode Johnny Degrees Below Zero)

Smoke Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation with Smelly Perfume (Anyone who smells the perfume will be knocked out for 10 minutes)

The Supreme Dream Machine (will make the person who gets hit with it fall asleep for 8 hours)

Subjective Reality (Can bring fictional characters to life)

Morality Manipulation with Attitude Alternator (Makes anyone's personality the complete opposite when hit)

All of this.

Perhaps, but unless DD said otherwise, I am pretty sure that both BB and Johnny start within each other line of sight and Johnny is a person who is willing to use their hax first, and Snake needs to deal with:
actually its the opposite, Johnny doesn't start with his more powerful hax, confirmed by Random

I don't understand this part can you explain me about the whole Outer Heaven thingey ? cause so far above everything tells he's an expert miitary soldier with good sniping skills.
For this one being able to analyze situations, it must means his ability to adapt and fight various foes that each have their own quirks such as The End who is a master sniper, The Fury who shoots out a lotta flames, Volgin who is electricity guy and other enemies from the games he is in (Portable Ops and Peace Walker)

Also the healing thing is about how Naked Snake managed to go through the cure menus in MGS3.

Anyways for Outer Heaven it's essentially Snake can successfully lead a full blown army. Its not his first time leading an army there since he also led MSF (The Snake I think we are most likely using here)

Well Johnny should start off with clone hopper and bringing the lemons to life and jetpack and controller remote

Big Boss' Advantages
  • Superior LS, this really fits for Snake since CQC is all about grappling and disarming your opponents.
  • Skill, obviously he got the epic skill since he is the number 1 soldier of his time or something. Johnny will have a hard ass time once they reach CQC with one another. Information Analysis would be useful to determine how Johnny acts in the battlefield.
  • Although his weapons are not as good as Johnny's in terms of hax. Tranquilizer bullets and sleeping gas would still be effective in taking down Johnny here, he should have access to The End's Sniper Rifle here and could shoot out tranquilizer bullets with it, these weapons could also have suppressors on them too. Also I don't know if Big Boss' weapons could scale to Solid Snake's weapons who was able to damage Vamp (8-A) but if that's the case then that would be useful to use against Johnny here, hopefully someone can confirm.
  • Tracking Devices such as the Soliton Radar, Sonic Eye, Anti-personnel Sensor helps Big Boss out tremendously in terms of tracking down Johnny Test which would be vital if he is going stealth.
  • His healing plus extreme pain tolerance would be quite useful in case he takes any damage from Johnny. Even though Johnny has the superior AP by around 2.52x or 2.53x, it should be noted when Snake was tortured, he was practically naked during that extended beatdown by Volgin which is very impressive durability without his suit on.
  • Stealth, yeah no shit this is his main advantage and judging by the arena they are fighting, Snake can change his camo uniforms to fit with his surroundings or wear a stealth camo to be fully invisible for awhile in order to surprise attack Johnny, fortunately for Big Boss here, Johnny doesn't have any enhanced senses.
  • Depending on Johnny's equipment, if their electronic related, Snake could bust out a Chaff Grenade which should disrupt Johnny's equipment for a short while.
Big Boss' Disadvantages
  • Inferior Hax, Johnny's equipment is strong as hell and bonkers, offering a shitton of hax to use against Big Boss.
  • Inferior AP & Durability in terms of physicals
  • By the looks of it, Johnny's mobility with his jetpack might be a piece of shit to deal with.

I'll most likely toss my vote for Big Boss for now, I feel like him being able to go Stealth here is a huge huge advantage since that is quite literally his speciality and Johnny doesn't have any enhanced senses to counter this, he can easily blend in with his surroundings and use whatever camo to suit the situation, he has tracking devices that can help him spot Johnny eventually alongside having weapons that does piercing damage and Tranquilizer bullets that can put Johnny to sleep, it's like Johnny wouldn't know what hit him.
Johnny might have the dangerous hax such as the Mega Action Game Controller or his Shrink Ray or the Attitude Alternator or even the Turbo Time Rewinder but he has to point that shit to Big Boss which I doubt will happen since he wouldn't know where in God's hell Snake would be hiding and I doubt he would use his time rewind hax until its already too late since Big Boss most likely shot tranq bullets at his back and the back of his head already.

Honestly, how does Johnny's hax work anyway?
For example:
"Duplication with the Clone Hopper" okay how does the Clone Hopper work? Is there like a watch he has that allows him to dupe or something?
"Transmutation (The Bubble Love Gum turned Gil into a gorilla)" okay how does the bubble love gum work? Does he have to let snake eat this gum or does he have to hit him with it?
"Mind Manipulation with Mind Controlling Collars & Belts" How does this collars and belts work? Does Johnny need to attach the thing to Big Boss' neck or something?

just to be clear as explained by Random, Johnny doesn't lead with his hax, only when he feels at disatvantage, so BB can take advantage of this

just to be clear as explained by Random, Johnny doesn't lead with his hax, only when he feels at disatvantage, so BB can take advantage of this
If you see a guy with a gun you won't go to cqc ever. Johnny will start with hax to save his life. Also johnny uses hax when his opponent is stronger or bigger than him also Johnny can go back in time or stop time.

If you see a guy with a gun you won't go to cqc ever. Johnny will start with hax to save his life. Also johnny uses hax when his opponent is stronger or bigger than him also Johnny can go back in time or stop time.
yeah about that Random already said that the time hax should be not used since its op

- I doubt Johnny would know where to shoot his laser gun when Snake is hidden in plain sight, probably with his stealth camo on, preparing to gun Johnny Down

- Same reasoning as Laser Guns, judging by the name "Shrink Ray" ill assume that its a shrink gun or some shit.

Flight via Turbo Action Backpack
- This might actually be a piece of shit to deal with, It depends if Snake can snipe down Johnny's Backpack while he is moving

Time Manipulation with Turbo Time Rewinder (Can pause and rewind people for up to 5 minutes) and Saturday Repeater Machine (Automatically rewinds time to the most previous Saturday)
- Turbo Time Rewinder might seem dangerous as hell until you realize Johnny has to aim and point that thing like a weapon, Snake like I said can easily hide and use the surroundings for stealth, Johnny won't know when Snake is hiding and he will struggle to hit that thing, also how does the Saturday Repeater Machine work?

Memory Manipulation (Also with the Turbo Time Rewinder, when Hugh got angry at Susan & Mary for breaking his bowling ball, his memories from the incident were wiped out once Mary used it on him, and he thought Johnny was the culprit instead)
- This won't really work unless the Turbo Time Rewinder actually hits Snake, which I doubt since you know, Master of Stealth, equipped with camos that can blend in with the environment which makes it hard for Johnny to find Snake, also equipped with Stealth Camo that turns him invisible to the eye which makes aiming at Snake difficult as hell

- I don't know how this works but hey, Snake has some sort of Mind Manip resistance.

Possession with Mega Action Game Controller (When pointed at someone, Johnny can control them as if they were a video game character)
- Yeah another weapon that requires Johnny to point at Snake.. Yikes, I don't think that's happening as stated here and from my previous comment.

Life Manipulation (The Static Animator can bring inanimate objects to life and increase their size, including a bunch of toys)
- I guess this might be a hassle to deal with.

- How does this Bubble Love Gum work?

Resurrection with Replenish Ray (Brought back zombies from the dead in Johnny Zombie Tea Party)
- I guess Zombies will be annoying unless the zombies aren't actually under Johnny's control, meaning both parties will be annoyed by zombies. Need to have Random to confirm how the zombies work and all.

- How does this Clone Hopper work?

Invisibility with Electro Chromatic Blanket
- Snake's detection equipment and his own enhanced senses will allow him to somewhat bypass this. Also depending on how this gadget works, it could possibly be short circuited by Snake's Chaff Grenades.

Paralysis Inducement with Paralysis Gas Breath Spray (Stuns whoever is in range of the spray)
- Might be actually dangerous if Snake even takes a single whiff of this one and depends on how long this stuns the person.

Gravity Manipulation with Magnetic Device (As shown in the episode Johnny Degrees Below Zero)
- Yeah well how does this Magnetic Device work? If only there was a video showcasing this? If it is really a good magnetic device then things might get tricky for Snake.

Smoke Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation with Smelly Perfume (Anyone who smells the perfume will be knocked out for 10 minutes)
- Snake resists Sleep Inducement so he should be somewhat fine here.

The Supreme Dream Machine (will make the person who gets hit with it fall asleep for 8 hours)
- He has to aim that think to Snake which I doubt as stated here and my previous comment.

- Their not in Susan and Mary's lab so I wonder how these fictional characters can come out and even if they were to come out, as shown in the clip, these fictional characters aren't automatically on Johnny's side so it won't be beneficial for Snake nor Johnny.

Morality Manipulation with Attitude Alternator (Makes anyone's personality the complete opposite when hit)
- He has to point that thing which I doubt will happen based on my statement here and from my previous comment

- I doubt Johnny would know where to shoot his laser gun when Snake is hidden in plain sight, probably with his stealth camo on, preparing to gun Johnny Down

- Same reasoning as Laser Guns, judging by the name "Shrink Ray" ill assume that its a shrink gun or some shit.

Flight via Turbo Action Backpack
- This might actually be a piece of shit to deal with, It depends if Snake can snipe down Johnny's Backpack while he is moving

- Turbo Time Rewinder might seem dangerous as hell until you realize Johnny has to aim and point that thing like a weapon, Snake like I said can easily hide and use the surroundings for stealth, Johnny won't know when Snake is hiding and he will struggle to hit that thing, also how does the Saturday Repeater Machine work?

- This won't really work unless the Turbo Time Rewinder actually hits Snake, which I doubt since you know, Master of Stealth, equipped with camos that can blend in with the environment which makes it hard for Johnny to find Snake, also equipped with Stealth Camo that turns him invisible to the eye which makes aiming at Snake difficult as hell

- I don't know how this works but hey, Snake has some sort of Mind Manip resistance.

- Yeah another weapon that requires Johnny to point at Snake.. Yikes, I don't think that's happening as stated here and from my previous comment.

- I guess this might be a hassle to deal with.

- How does this Bubble Love Gum work?

- I guess Zombies will be annoying unless the zombies aren't actually under Johnny's control, meaning both parties will be annoyed by zombies. Need to have Random to confirm how the zombies work and all.

- How does this Clone Hopper work?

Invisibility with Electro Chromatic Blanket
- Snake's detection equipment and his own enhanced senses will allow him to somewhat bypass this. Also depending on how this gadget works, it could possibly be short circuited by Snake's Chaff Grenades.

- Might be actually dangerous if Snake even takes a single whiff of this one and depends on how long this stuns the person.

- Yeah well how does this Magnetic Device work? If only there was a video showcasing this? If it is really a good magnetic device then things might get tricky for Snake.

- Snake resists Sleep Inducement so he should be somewhat fine here.

- He has to aim that think to Snake which I doubt as stated here and my previous comment.

- Their not in Susan and Mary's lab so I wonder how these fictional characters can come out and even if they were to come out, as shown in the clip, these fictional characters aren't automatically on Johnny's side so it won't be beneficial for Snake nor Johnny.

- He has to point that thing which I doubt will happen based on my statement here and from my previous comment
Johhny can bring the lemons to life and the entire environment to life to stop snake from hiding and then he can hax him to death. Johnny can clone himself and worst comes to worse Johnny rewinds time to the last saturday.

Johhny can bring the lemons to life and the entire environment to life to stop snake from hiding and then he can hax him to death.
Yeah if Johnny actually is aware that "Damn! This dude is actually using Stealth against me!" then sure, if that were to happen then Snake is obviously forced into combat.
A 2.52x or 2.53x difference in AP won't actually be a huge disadvantage since behind the context of Snake's rating, he got beaten up by Volgin in a extended period of time without wearing any armor or his usual Sneaking Suit. Now Snake would be resorting to shit like assault rifles, pistols, rocket launchers, etc and depending on how you scale things, Solid Snake's weaponry managed to damage Vamp with his weapons (Who is 8-A), if Snake were to scale to this then Johnny is honestly in big trouble.
If not then it would still do decent damage since it is piercing damage we are talking about here lol, if Snake needs to skidaddle outta there then he will with his Stun Grenades or Smoke Grenades in order to retreat to an advantageous position.

Yeah if Johnny actually is aware that "Damn! This dude is actually using Stealth against me!" then sure, if that were to happen then Snake is obviously forced into combat.
A 2.52x or 2.53x difference in AP won't actually be a huge disadvantage since behind the context of Snake's rating, he got beaten up by Volgin in a extended period of time without wearing any armor or his usual Sneaking Suit. Now Snake would be resorting to shit like assault rifles, pistols, rocket launchers, etc and depending on how you scale things, Solid Snake's weaponry managed to damage Vamp with his weapons (Who is 8-A), if Snake were to scale to this then Johnny is honestly in big trouble.
If not then it would still do decent damage since it is piercing damage we are talking about here lol, if Snake needs to skidaddle outta there then he will with his Stun Grenades or Smoke Grenades in order to retreat to an advantageous position.
Johnny has regen. Good luck with running away from giant lemon monsters and the environment after you Johnny could even bring the clouds and water to life. Johnny can evade those attacks or survive them and figure out snakes location and hax him to death. Worst come to worst he can rewind time to the last Saturday and make a new plan.
Most likely, its stated in the profile that Johnny is arrogant and prone to making shitty decisions so yikes.
Yeah but you see someone with a gun you are not going to cqc it's common sense

Back