• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 8-B: The Ultimate Quest Tournament (2022): Quarter-Final: Gon Freecss vs Big Boss

Prove what? I didn't make a non-verifiable claim there. I just said Gon has a higher intelligence stat on his profile (Gon's a Genius, whereas Big Boss has extremely high intelligence, just one tier apart).
Read what I said. "If you read my reasoning" I told you to provide proof for your reasoning, simple as that, along with the ""skill feats""

Bet.

But I'm not doing that. I already have the skill feats on my notes, I'm not gonna look into each chapter my scans come from again just because some random dude who has zero knowledge on the verse wants it
yeah but I also want the numbers so I can look around for the entire context of the scans you'll pull up.

Gon's been shown to be incredibly skilled in other fights, such as Riehlvet, where Gon uses a person's natural mentality to run away from an incoming object to surprise the enemy, as Hisoka explains.
He also is skilled enough to notice how Gido's tops worked just by seeing one by itself, even going as far as understanding the rules set on the tops, and use Zetsu effectively to dodge every top for a long period of time, whose patterns are completely random, and too complex even for the attacker. On the Zetsu topic, this is a technique that takes years for your average person to learn, and Gon just learned by himself without being taught.

Gon also briefly outsmarted Hisoka, who is a battle genius (As he literally used his amputated arm to trick his opponent into believing he has regeneration, that was fun), by obstructing Hisoka's view with a stone tile, using the debris caused by his own attack and using Zetsu to connect a hit in.

Gon has also dealt with a guy whose attack could change trajectory at any direction.

One other display of skill is in his battle against Knuckle. His Jajanken has a jarring weakness of focusing all the aura in one point, and taking too long to charge. Still, it's frighteningly powerful.
Gon managed to use this as his advantage, by considering the opponent's knowledge on his techniques power, Gon managed to lure Knuckle in as explained by Killua's own examplification. And to top it all off, Gon came up with a turnaround of his weakness in midst of battle.

Also this. Gon's has been dealing with faster people with his skill.

Also, him briefly outsmarting Hisoka has more weight than I remember since Hisoka showed an absurd skill feat on his prior fight with Kastro, using both the psychology of his opponent and his own skills.

Read what I said. "If you read my reasoning" I told you to provide proof for your reasoning, simple as that, along with the ""skill feats""
I don't have to provide evidence for something that's already accepted on the profile. Think for 5 minutes, if it's there, it's because it was brought up on an actual CRT, and accepted by supporters and Staff, with evidence.

Having to provide the same evidence again and again is asinine, the profile ratings are literally meant to circumvent this kind of repetitive bullshit. Read the profile rating next time, and stop wasting everyone's time with your bias towards a particular character.

I don't have to provide evidence for something that's already accepted on the profile. Think for 5 minutes, if it's there, it's because it was brought up on an actual CRT, and accepted by supporters and Staff, with evidence.

Having to provide the same evidence again and again is asinine, the profile ratings are literally meant to circumvent this kind of repetitive bullshit. Read the profile rating next time, and stop wasting everyone's time with your bias towards a particular character.
k, link the crt then, so I can see the proof. Would be nice if I could see some scans rather than a wall of text explaining something without any evidence to back up for it. 😔
"stop wasting everybody's time" Prove that I am wasting everybody's time for simply asking you proof on your reasoning. Or are you trying to pull up the "Trust me bro" as your source? Kinda weird ngl. "bias" prove that as well. 👍

Gon's been shown to be incredibly skilled in other fights, such as Riehlvet, where Gon uses a person's natural mentality to run away from an incoming object to surprise the enemy, as Hisoka explains.
He also is skilled enough to notice how Gido's tops worked just by seeing one by itself, even going as far as understanding the rules set on the tops, and use Zetsu effectively to dodge every top for a long period of time, whose patterns are completely random, and too complex even for the attacker. On the Zetsu topic, this is a technique that takes years for your average person to learn, and Gon just learned by himself without being taught.

Gon also briefly outsmarted Hisoka, who is a battle genius (As he literally used his amputated arm to trick his opponent into believing he has regeneration, that was fun), by obstructing Hisoka's view with a stone tile, using the debris caused by his own attack and using Zetsu to connect a hit in.

Gon has also dealt with a guy whose attack could change trajectory at any direction.

One other display of skill is in his battle against Knuckle. His Jajanken has a jarring weakness of focusing all the aura in one point, and taking too long to charge. Still, it's frighteningly powerful.
Gon managed to use this as his advantage, by considering the opponent's knowledge on his techniques power, Gon managed to lure Knuckle in as explained by Killua's own examplification. And to top it all off, Gon came up with a turnaround of his weakness in midst of battle.

Also this. Gon's has been dealing with faster people with his skill.

Also, him briefly outsmarting Hisoka has more weight than I remember since Hisoka showed an absurd skill feat on his prior fight with Kastro, using both the psychology of his opponent and his own skills.
thanks. 🤝
"remember since Hisoka showed an absurd skill feat on his prior fight with Kastro, using both the psychology of his opponent and his own skills." oh nice, pls post it, i wanna see that.

This is reaching troll levels of nonsense. If you don't believe the profiles are correct, make a CRT to change it.
If you're not gonna do that, then, boohoo, too bad. I already provided the evidence above.

This is a VSBW Versus Match, we go by the profiles on VSBW unless someone has counterevidence to suggest they are wrong. What the profiles says should be enough. What a joke.

thanks. 🤝
"remember since Hisoka showed an absurd skill feat on his prior fight with Kastro, using both the psychology of his opponent and his own skills." oh nice, pls post it, i wanna see that.
Gon doesn't scale to it directly, so it'd be subpar compared to what I've shown for him already, thus, needless.

In my opinion id still probably take Big Boss as the guy who is superior at skill if not then should be an equal.
He managed to take down the Cobra Unit that all had unique quirks of their own.
For example he faced off against The Fear who is very agile, being able to climb and jump from tree to tree with minimal effort, he also was equipped with weapons that shoots out giant bolts or even bolts that are covered with the deadliest poison in the world so he has to be extremely careful
He faces off against The Pain who literally controls a shitton of bees on his side and still managed to defeat him.
Then he faces off against The End who even hailed as The Father of Sniping by almost everyone at this point and Snake even defeats him when they were in an environment that Snake is not familiar with which is the forest and The End most likely had the edge on him in terms of stamina due to photosynthesis
There's obviously The Fury who shoots a shitton of fire, though he is not part of the Cobra Unit, Volgin is still a boss who can shoot out electricity worth 10 million volts and Volgin again who was riding the Shagohod.
And all of these guys were defeated by Snake who was still getting folded by The Boss like it's a tuesday. The Boss is held as "The Mother of Special Forces", was able to complete all the missions that was given to her and is a great leader who led the Cobra Unit in World War 2 and also created the CQC Martial Arts alongside Naked Snake. Snake had to defeat her in under 10 minutes or else he will die in that area alongside The Boss, he had to take her down fast.

in Portable Ops he faces off against Null (Gray Fox) who has been training how to fight since he was a kid since he is a child soldier, also was taken into a program that tried to make a "Perfect Soldier" and in PO he can jump around and deflect bullets at ease and was surprised that Big Boss still lived and claimed "No one can meet the Perfect Soldier in battle and survive" and was eventually folded by Big Boss. In Peace Walker he managed to face off against numerous Metal Gears mostly by himself such as Pupa, Chrysalis, Cocoon, Peace Walker and Metal Gear ZEKE (Check out the chapters in the video)

Easily comparable or even better than Venom Snake who can effectively counter strike Skulls' blade attacks who are super enhanced as ****. Also I think BB should be comparable to Solid Snake in skill with the context that Snake deliberately holds back his skill (AKA Using CQC) and even claimed it was way ahead of its time and obviously we all know Big Boss himself trained Solid Snake, so whatever Solid Snake went through Shadow Moses, BB might possibly scale and this should mean shit like Raiden's 300 VR Training Missions that all vary from sneaking to shooting (You can check out MGS VR Mission List since that is the missions Raiden played through) missions easily scales back to Big Boss and even better since VR Training isn't 100% Accurate and even if they did, it wouldn't have the fine details of CQC since Snake intentionally doesn't use that fighting style until MGS4
unknown.png

I still think Big Boss' Analyzer will make a huge difference here, being able to scan Gon and check out his skills, stats would greatly influence how Big Boss can interact with this fight with Gon. If Stealth isn't the option then going for combat is the way. He would have his rifles alongside his infinite bandana which essentially gives him infinite ammo and these guns' piercing damage could possibly scale to Solid's weapons who could even somewhat damage 8-As like Vamp.

He also has access to the deadly WP Grenade that has been stated to have the temperature around 5000 Degrees Fahrenheit and obviously does AOE which is gonna hurt alongside having a Stun Rod that can produce 1.5 million volts to incapacitate people alongside having other things such as Homing Rockets.

We have this slightly "laid back" argumentation on skill like, "Duuude! This dude is stated to surpass masters of Kung Fu", or "Dude! Look at this very trick hax his opponent has! And he beat him, he surely is god tier skilled",

I'm not even sure why you're bringing it up here? MGS is one of the few verses where they actually show martial skill, you're acting like I brought up FGO Musashi or Kojiro who have dimensional hax because lol skill, honestly, bit sus ngl, not a fair complaint on your end.
But yes actually, if you defeat a kung fu master through raw skill, congratulations, you're more skilled than a kung fu master. idk why you'd think otherwise. Trick hax is vague and acting like I didn't list off abilities the dude has that can and have been used in a combat environment, of which one of said abilities is DERIVED from his skill (that being the analytical prediction) comes off as disingenuous imo, unless you think being able to accurately analyze someone's movements through the minute motion their muscles do and through that figure out what they're about to do isn't actually a skill feat.

What the opponent is capable of doing is irrelevant, it's how he uses it that matters. How thay unfolds on screen, and oopsie doopsie, that read mind thing accomplishes nothing overly impressive.

"A dude beating up a dude who can see the future, all your actions before they happen, the trajectory of everything, and knows what you're gonna do before you do it isn't impressive lol".
I mean mate, you're kind of undermining ACTUAL skill feats and things INTENDED to be displays of skill. Like if you fought a dude who could spawn a dozen arms and managed to fend him off through skill due to weaving, feints, reading his movements and attack trajectories and so on, that's a decent skill feat imo.

'trick hax's' are not demonstrated to be used competently, then it's not an impressive skill feat.

Dude uses them at all times, even outside of battle, used it to avoid a collapsing building (by knowing it was gonna collapse before it did so), used it to know not to move to avoid a stream of machine gun fire, used it to defeat Null who he himself has stuff like that, used it to take out Ursula before she could even react to him (Even put in a failsafe by having his mind be unreadable, dude comes into things with a plan), dude uses stuff like that at all times, and he's ******* garbage in the grand scheme of things. This is ignoring he's a literal super soldier with plenty of experience doing all this.
He also is genius too, used his abilities and intellect to perform a hostile takeover a whole peninsula, was also meant to be the perfect military commander to surpass The Boss (Who's mind itself was used as a slate for a Super Computer AI of a literal walking nuclear tank that could light up the whole world with a press of a button, and yet she was chosen as the template due to her humanity and analytical skills and ingenuity).

Love how you said literally the same thing three times.

Except I said three different things? Do you honestly think analytical prediction, furturesight, precog the same thing? I'd like to think you know the difference.
Similar end result perhaps, but he has three ongoing methods to tell exactly what will happen and how it happens and through different means, and he still got murked. Stop being a smartass Charmander, the fact BB neg'd three different methods isn't something you should dismiss. (He also did it while the dude was trying to mentally assault him and mind control him so there's that too).

What your opponent has should NEVER be an argument for how skilled you are.

That's, honestly no offense, but that's just kind of dumb, especially if they actively use them and you beat them all the same.
"Oh you beat a dude who has martial arts in HTH? Not a skill feat just because he had martial arts lol."
That's kind of what you're saying, I guess beating someone like Batman in HTH while having no physical advantage that would enable you to isn't a skill feat? No, it's a skill feat, you're more skilled than Batman now, congratulations.
"Oh you beat a genius psychic who fights with a super martial art (Enhancer CQC) that is literally your style but better and knows your every move before you do and has been shown to flat out floor his foes before they even get a chance to move due to his precognitive abilities? And you did so through your super genes which becomes such a hot topic that they use them for inhumane experiments solely because you're that good? Lol not a skill feat".
I'm going to pretend you didn't unironically just argue that.
Or do you think I'm mentioning shit he has but have never used? If Gene didn't actively use his abilities I wouldn't have mentioned him, or anyone for that matter.
Like Vamp down below, he's always using his muscle reading, thus, I mentioned him doing so because it's a thing he do.

Gon has on-screen skill feats that dwarfs Big Boss'. No amount of scaling chain is touching hard evidence, and scaling chains on skill are the stupidest thing ever. Gon is slightly more skilled than BB because he has shown better feats, end of story.

Gon's onscreen skill feats tbh come off as Gray Fox tier imo.

but hey here's some shit for BB.

0.1. BB has the Analyzer (Even has an upgraded version of it eventually) and his own analytical skills, BB will be able to figure out Gon's combat prowess at a glance essentially, he'd know Gon holds the power advantage, he'd know how smart Gon is, and would know how good his combative ability is, and thus, BB can exploit that, he'd know not to get touched, he'd know when he can't or can engage in CQC, and so on, he'd basically have basic prior knowledge of Gon while Gon doesn't know anything about BB what his billion grenades do, what his billion weapons do, how skilled BB is, what his camo's do, etc, this puts Gon at a disadvantage while BB can readily exploit this and avoid Gon's win condition which mostly boils down to "Hit BB because buff". Honestly it'd a bit lucky that Gon isn't overly versatile, the most versatile thing is his Nen Blade. But yeah, he'd know Gon's capabilities and work around that like he always does.

0.2 BB also has the mark ability, not that useful but it'd enable BB to keep track of Gon at all times, coupled with the Soliton Radar, a device that shows a enemy's position, movement and even their field of view (basically what they're looking at), this helps BB keep track of Gon and what he's doing, as well as what Gon is seeing, this would enable BB to attack Gon from outside his field of view. He also has the Sonic Eye that visualizes sounds but idk I don't see that doing much.

1. BB holds the range advantage and can actively abuse it indefinitely (as outlined below). His versatility and long range, as well as infinite shit, which he can couple with things like stun, flash and phosphorous grenades, and combo shit.

2. He holds a ludicrous LS advantage and is an active grappler, with BB's skill, if they ever get into CQC it would be very easy for BB to simply grapple Gon and restrain him completely as he holds like a 1000x LS advantage, he can then incap Gon through choking him out for awhile (So 10m+) or with some added camo effects, he can even drain Gon's psyche or stamina/life force on contact, bypassing that entirely and ko'ing Gon within seconds, though only if he has the right camo on. Incap and choking out is viable regardless though and Gon can't do anything if Bb grabs him (hell maybe even just grabbing his arm work if BB has armor on to take any retaliation blows long enough to get him in a lock).

3. While Gon can harden and holds AP, it's also true that hardening isn't really gonna stop BB's firearms as they have piercing, piercing of which that can do minor perforation against Metal Gear's (Some of which are 8-A, such as Metal Gear Ray, or for a more human example, Vamp in MGS4, who's about equal to Raiden) meaning just like irl, how a 9-C gun can perforate 9-B stuff, MGS follows that same line of reasoning, minor as it may be) which was something Baken mentioned last thread iirc, what's that mean? It means no, Nen won't allow Gon to facetank the bullets or billion firearms BB has, it'd just allow him not to get pumped full of bullets, they'd still do some damage and would still break the skin (Almost exactly like Vamp actually), meaning ...

4. Weapons laced with drugs, such as darts or tranqs would still be viable, all they need is one tiny nick to induce a almost instant loss of conscious, even being able to put dude's out cold for days. BB just needs one nick with one of his hundred tranq weapons and Gon will be on his ass and vulnerable, enabling BB to do one of like a thousands things to finish the fight without risk (In character he'd probably strap a balloon on him and send him away ngl). If he whips out armor piercing tranqs or tranqs with rapid fire, that's gonna become problematic for Gon. That Killua rifle dodge you posted for example, BB doesn't even need a weapon half as deep as that.

5. BB has numerous weapons that can launch out sleep gas in bursts, Gon can hold his breath yes, but he can't forever, but it's not really the sleeping gas that's the issue, it's that BB also has stun launchers that launch flash and stun grenades, something that would certainly disorient Gon, and, well, stun him as he lacks any of the needed res' to endure those unhindered, one of these and BB can exploit that opening, slip away if possible or counter with firearms, stun weapons, BFR, or one of the million things he has, that also begs the question, Gon can hold his breath to avoid sleeping gas, but WOULD he if BB shoots him with say, a grenade, which suddenly explodes into a aoe of sleeping gas? Does Gon even know what a sleeping grenade/mine is? Would he expect the explosion to be laced with shit that would put him to sleep in a instant? There's lots of questions to be asked, would Gon recognize that he has to hold his breath if BB tosses a grenade, shoots him with some random firearm or random mines, etc? If not, BB might not even need to spam, he could get him right away.

6. Stun and Flash Grenades as well, BB has these in droves, as mentioned, one of these bad boys and Gon can be dazed for a time and it's not even something Gon can avoid either. BB's stun and flash grenades also are well beyond the standard, they're a handful of times more potent (this goes for most of his stuff actually, dude didn't invest in his R&D team for nothing).

7. Phosphorous and smoke grenades, these grenades explode, emitting a cloud of dense smoke that burns at several thousand degrees (2800-3000 degrees), Gon lacks any notable heat resistance, these will be a huge issue for him, decently large AOE's of steam that boil foe's, inciting severe burns all over, and preventing breathing due to the boiling steam (unless you want your lungs broiled at least) and burning the eyes. BB, of course, has effectively infinite of these, Gon might have issues with this, doubly so if he doesn't expect the burning heat.

8. BB has access to rockets and missiles, including missiles that lock on and home in on the target with great accuracy (and will do so for hundreds of meters, a handful are upward of 250m follow range), meaning Gon is gonna have to deal with missiles and shit constantly following him (multiple at a time at that, a few of the weapons fire multiple rockets at a time), this basically forces Gon to deal with them which would leave BB an opening to do something else, that or Gon would be forced to just tank them, which he could, but how many till it starts adding up along with everything else?

9. Traps, BB has a plethora of traps, from Electromagnetic nets which would restrain Gon (lacks the LS needed to escape), he has the basic mines and claymores that explode with armor piercing shrapnel, explosions and more, as well as sleep mines (A mine suddenly exploding into a large burst of sleeping gas might take Gon off guard if he's expecting something more like an explosion, would he have time to hold his breathe before he inhales even a slight bit of it? That, I'm not so sure). Of course Gon could avoid these if he picks up on them, but, BB can manually trip them too, it's not like Gon NEEDS to proc them, BB can proc them manually as well so even if Gon avoids them he can still get tripped up by one or many if not careful. Gon needing to avoid these can also give BB time to exploit openings.

10. BB also has Worm Hole mines and fultons, mines that as the name suggest use wormholes, these wormholes can be used to connect to another wormhole mine (meaning BB can do something like toss one off the island, so when or if Gon procs one, he gets teleported into the ocean), they can also be used to send targets upward of 4000km away (Used sometimes to send enemies or objects to MB, which is over 4000km away from where Venom was doing his missions). BB can also use these to teleport around kinda like as a way point or checkpoint. Of course, nothing is stopping him from slapping one on Gon if they ever engage in CQC and sending him away or into the ocean below.

11. Camo's, BB has multiple camo's, facepaints and more that enable him special effects, he can make himself completely silent, he can make it so fire and explosions only deal half damage to him, he has camo that in forest environments makes him completely imperceptible (also gives him photosynthesis), camo that magnifies his stealth greatly (this one is useless, it only boasts a high camo index, not a perfect 100%, while a normal person would never be able to see him, Gon likely could). Also body armor and shields, that bolsters his defense far beyond his innate durability, given Gon is only ever going to be 4.54x (100/22 = 4.54x) above BB's innate durability (100 tons cap due to Tourney, BB have innate 22 tons). This should actually offset Gon being able to one shot with a head shot, with the best armor he can tank an attack that can drill a hole through a mountain and attacks that would cripple or one shot him normally. Note BB's current 22 ton feat was done while shirtless, let alone having any semblance of defense, slap armor on him and that 4.5x AP is gonna get lowered by quite a bit (doubly so if the armor outright prevents one shots from things that normally would). Thus Gon's win con might not be as straightforward as one might think.

12. Dark Matter Generators, BB can lay a generator that spawns a decently large sphere of dark matter, of two sorts, a type that deals continuous chip damage to those within, and a type that induces loss of conscious and stuns foe's, the former isn't that helpful but the latter? Would be great, it's a moving ball that could stun and incap Gon (it also phases). It also removes light, making everything within it completely dark (it's basically a fake ass black hole without the gravity anything), and can be used by BB to conceal himself, he can drop one of these and engage Gon within, as BB is completely silent Gon wouldn't be able to react from sound to what BB does. BB isn't effected by the effects too. He can also just use this as a AOE projectile attack. Though, he only gets a handful of these, not infinite so that's a down side.

13. Invisibility, after inquiring and looking into it, I've come to the conclusion that Gyo isn't gonna counter BB's invisibility (Or well, some methods of it anyway), they're just too mechanically and functionally different. Nen invisibility and what Gyo looks through is done by supernatural means, from concealing aura, presence and cloaking things with Nen, while BB's works by refracting light and making it so light, photons, the stuff that enables sight doesn't come into contact with him which is very much NOT how nen works, basically it'd be like asking, can Gyo be used to make Gon able to see a object in 100% total darkness? Of course not, Gon's vision still relies on light to work, which BB manipulates and bends, making him optically transparent. As such I'm going to say BB's stealth camo would still work, though i will admit, it's far less useful in this battle as Gon can likely pick up on BB's life force if the above is true, but that doesn't make this useless, it'd still give BB a huge advantage in combat, making feints, dodges and the like far harder to tell, and given it cloaks Big Boss' weapons as well which obviously lack life force so Gon wouldn't be able to pick up on the cloaked weapon, it would make something like getting a graze with his stun rods, sleep darts and what not all the more viable as the weapon itself would be invisible. And in case it's mentioned, BB's ESP and numerous radars should be able to locate Gon if he tries to get smart with his own stuff, as BB has dealt with similar shit plus I don't recall Nen being able to conceal from a person's whole presence from radars that use a variety of means from motion, sound, electromagnetism, EM pulses, and the sensation of biological reactions. He might be able to conceal himself from BB, but would he be able to conceal his bodily functions from a soliton? That I don't think he could.

14. Skill, as mentioned, while Gon is exceptionally skilled, I absolutely can't say in good conscious he's even half of Big Boss' skill, saying as such would be like saying Gon is dozens of times more skilled than someone like Null or Gray Fox (Someone who I'd put Gon as more comparable to), Big Boss single best aspect is his skill. I will literally die on this hill, BB utterly skill *****. I'm actually baffled dudes like Demonic are even insinuating Gon has a chance in hell against BB in terms of skill, someone like Gene is more his level. BB has straight up fought and dealt with everything Gon brings to the table in terms of skill, he even upscales off dude's who can beat people that can straight up read minds and canonically input read (Literally, some 4th wall breaking shit).
His skill is so utterly ridiculous that instead of opting for weapons, mecha and more, they actually thought his genes were such a good weapon they made genome soldiers with them (Who all also have IQ's above 180 for what that's worth), and his clones were deemed such huge potential threats that they built in fail safes to them so they would all die early in case they ever went awol. Dude's skill is unironically considered more of a threat and a issue that should be treated akin to nuclear gundams.
I don't even know where to start in explaining his skill, besides maybe Null is a super soldier that was a child soldier having fought in multiple wars, he eclipses all soldiers on earth, he has the ability to analyze foes and deduce someone's actions by muscle movement thus knowing what they will do before they do it (A lot of them have this, Vamp does too for example, and dudes like Raiden's can't be read), he's exceptionally mobile and acrobatic (definitely comparable to Gon) as you'd expect from a stereotypical ninja and was biogenetically altered and engineered to heighten his combat capabilities, his senses, perception, spatial awareness, everything, bolstering what he can do, the dude can take out rooms of armed men in a blink of an eye, he knows CQC, a martial arts that dismantles all other martial arts and is exceptionally good at grappling, disarming foes and incapping them and is designed to be able to fluidly change between HTH and weaponry and melee weapons as those who use it all tend to wield them so they designed it with that in mind, he's also an expert in all forms of firearms, stealth, infiltration, bladed weaponry (especially standard katana-esque weapons), I could go on, basically Null is some spooky shit, and yet he's fodder to Gene, who's fodder to Big Boss to such an extent that even though Gene literally has super powers and throughout their fight was actively trying to mind hax BB, BB still beat him into a bloody mess so badly, that Gene had an existential crisis and was like "man wtf, do you have like super soldier genetics?", to which the answer is yes, those very same genetics, along with data from Null and Gene's super soldier programs, coupled with bio-engineering and virtual training for every combat situation was used to develop the Genome Soldiers. Who are the MGS equivalent of a Goomba, the paragoomba equivalent would be like Tengu Soldiers (Basically elites with cyborg suits and quantum hax weaponry). Or let's go back to Null, even after growing up he gets his ass kicked in a pure HTH fight with Solid, and Solid then folds his ass even after he gets upgraded and becomes a ninja robot who has ludicrous acrobatic capabilities able to run up walls, do numerous flips, swerve and dance through a hail of bullets, all the while physically outmatching Snake on top of all his other shit, and he still gets folded in HTH. And between those and Big Boss is like ten skill *****, some RPL-skill that can bridge skill ***** within minutes, a handful of bio-engineered dudes with super powers, some literal psychics, and even some robots.
This isn't even mentioning how losers like Raiden have over trained in over 300 simulations, is an expert in all forms of firearms and bladed weaponry, despite never having even touched a sword, he could use it decently and within just a few minutes of actual use, end up defeating Solidus in a sword duel with nothing but that blade (While Solidus had an exosuit, various attacks like electrical energy shit and more), his movements can't be read by Vamp - someone who can read the slight movements of one's muscles to know what they'll do next (Which as said, doesn't work on Raiden) and is exceedingly skilled in and of himself, of course he eventually becomes a chad, but MGS2 Raiden was kind of pathetic for most of the game, ignoring how Raiden was a child soldier who managed to rack up such an insane kill count (While sedated half the time) that he was given the name Jack the Ripper, the white devil, etc.
There's also not just his skill but adaptability which is probably something that I would say Gon is comparable too, they can both enter situations they have zero experience in, adapt, figure out what to do, and then perform optimally, a good example is when BB, still Naked, could outsnipe The End in a wooded environment despite having zero experience in that type of environment all the while The End has like 80 years of experience, can literally talk to animals and shit, and even photosynthesizes while wearing The End camo which is even mentioned to grant him a almost supernatural degree of camo, and BB won without any real issue. This goes for multiple things and even those BB scales above, like the aforementioned Raiden and sword.
Also BB literally co-developed a brand new martial art that humiliates other fighting styles and is a perfect style in regards to grappling and armed combat (as in, it can eb sued alongside melee weapons like knifes and guns) and was nearly a hundred years ahead of its time and when it came to light in the year of like 2012 or what not, the whole world basically stopped using other fighting styles and opted to use his, this was something he did in his spare time in his youth.

BB would dismantle Gon in HTH within seconds through raw skill even with the AP disadvantage (Not like that's impossible to deal with, see Gray Fox getting folded by Solid Snake, or and old decrepit Solid with a bunch of stamina issues defeating Vamp (MGS4 Vamp is 8-A, and he can even fight on equal footing with Raiden, albeit lost eventually (Only due to Snake having previously defeated him and halted his immortality enabling Raiden to actually kill him after a drawn out fight).

15. Drugs, BB has drugs that magnify perception, mentioned before, this enables him to view things down to a crawl, and this also allows him to burst in speed, this would help BB get a incap hit against Gon in CQC, dodge Gon's strikes, and the like. I know Gon has this too but I'm not sure if it's better than BB's as BB's makes things Matrix-esque and allows him to CQC or roll out of the way of things he normally can't (Such as Sahel's Rail). This also kicks in without drugs in a combat scenario, BB just has drugs that can force this state at any time.

16. Infinite ammo, Big Boss' weapons and items come in infinity, unironically, BB has items that grant every weapon, grenade and the like infinite ammunition, how does it do that? Because it has an infinity mark on it ig so it just do (That's the actual item description), but it doesn't matter, the end result is BB will literally never run out of ammo and Gon will literally never get even a moment of respite as he'd be dealing with a hail of infinite bullets, rockets, missiles, stun and flash bangs, sleeping gas, tranqs, etc.

17. Experience. Big Boss holds the experience advantage here, he's been fighting in wars and against superhumans for over a half century, he's got experience with cyborgs (hell he even employed some), literal giant mecha with numerous capabilities from rail guns/flight/flamethrowers/status inducement/huge aoe/homing attacks/etc (aka the Metal Gear's of Metal Gear), superhumans of all kinds from buff lightning manipulators with danmaku and extreme stamina and stats, bio-engineered ninja's with extreme senses, mind haxing psychic warriors who can mind hax/have precognition and futuresight/able to tell what someone is gonna do before they do it (in part due to his precog and also his own skill) and a psychic enhanced form of CQC (and yet Big Boss still beat his ass so bad that the dude was actually baffled that it was even possible), he's fought sniping gods (for weeks at a time), a powerful precognitive mindreading esper who fought him by basically puppeting a Metal gear, a fellow super soldier who utilizes freezing nitrogen and such, I could go on, but I also want to mention Venom Snake, someone who was so close to Big Boss, he effectively WAS BIG BOSS, he had all of Big Boss' memories and was a great mimic of him, he even thought HE HIMSELF was Big Boss and due to being essentially a perfect copy of Big Boss, we know that Big Boss by proxy could deal with the same stuff he did due to having the exact same mindset and character traits in which Venom has dealt with superhuman bio-weapons called the Skulls who can phase in and out, manipulate matter and metals, have supernatural senses/perception/awareness/and more, have type 2 immortality and can regen and just a **** ton of other stuff, he's dealt with Baby Mantis a ludicrously powerful psychic that gave form to The Man on Fire, a superhuman fire entity derived from Volgin who can literally crush Venom in CQC (as in actually, if he grabs you, you die, he crushes you), has fireballs, huge aoe, range, and is effectively unkillable by any means. Hell Big Boss has even dealt with ghosts, souls, supernatural dudes like The Sorrow.
Big Boss has done almost nothing but fight his whole life, whether it be in battles where he's vastly outnumbered, in battles where he's vastly outpowered, or battles that may as well be deemed effectively impossible to win, he's been in more battles and situations then Gon will ever be b̵e̵c̵a̵u̵s̵e̵ ̵h̵x̵h̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵a̵l̵w̵a̵y̵s̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵f̵u̵c̵k̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵h̵i̵a̵t̵u̵s̵.

Gon of course has experience and he's dealt and seen a slew of supernatural dudes, something he likely holds the number in regards to BB (Might be a given due to how everything in HXH has Nen), but as it stands, BB's experience is quantifiably larger than Gon's by an enormous amount and he's no stranger to wacky powers too, and Gon isn't bringing much to the table BB hasn't dealt with in one way or another, he's dealt with sensing, he's dealt with dudes who could one shot him, he's dealt with dude's who are extremely skilled and mobile, he's dealt with things with huge AOE that expands hundreds of meters, dude's with heightened senses and analyses, etc.
Of course, you could say "Well Gon has outsmarted those with far more experience", perhaps, but so has Big Boss, even in his youth he could contend with those fought in thousands of battles despite being pretty green himself at the time. Big Boss in all his years, has only ever slipped up once, not counting the time one of his best friends back stabbed him after years of working together, BB doesn't underestimate his foes 99.9% of the time, and he won't here as he knows Gon's capabilities, Gon won't get the chance to trick BB, if he even could.

18. And that's still a bit surface level, BB should be able to see nen (at least normal nen, In I don't think he could) due to his own ESP that enables him to see things like ghosts, souls and The Sorrow (life force and souls have a bit of overlap I'd think), BB has actual good talk no jutsu, and has actively used it to dismantle situations and convince his foes to stand down, he's even done shit like talk enemy squads to go against their leader (who was a chill dude and was their friend to who they were loyal, BB didn't establish a military nation FOUR different times with nothing) by just talking them into doing it.
BB talking Gon down is something he might unironically be capable of.
I'm also assuming BB can't call in air strikes or markers to carpet bomb Gon or fire warheads at him or to call in supplies or warp in his personal (God forbid that, imagine if he could just ring up Venom? And that shit's in character too, having his soldiers accompany him or calling them in on missions for aid is something he does, I'm pretty sure that's just not allowed under tourney rules because he could with ease via wormholes), but he does at the very least have constant analytical feedback from allies like Ocelot due to Codec.

I'll give Gon the fact that BB is going to have a hell of a time with stealth, but a hell of time doesn't mean it's not doable or something he can't pull it off, it just matters when he does and how he does, luckily, he has the means to stun or disorient Gon in order to slip away and if he does it far enough, he can do it straight up. BB still has items that would one shot Gon or instantly incap him, from literal worm holes to ludicrous stun weapons that deliver millions of volts, while it's true Gon might only need one direct head shot to win (Though if BB has armor on, he'd likely be able to tank some) the same applies to BB who only really needs to get one good shot with a slew of options to win.

BB is definitely gonna have some issues with Gon's senses and pure AP, but Gon is going to be in hell dealing with Big Boss' literal walking arsenal, of which BB is going to be able to use to the fullest as his analysis would tip him off to what works and BB is one who can and will use whatever works, nothing is out of character, he merely has preferred options (That being stealth and tranqs or CQC, but due to the circumstances of this match, he doesn't have much of an option there). BB also doesn't tend to go for kills (He will, but he would generally like to recruit his foes or just put them to sleep and kidnap them, if that isn't a option he'd kill them in cold blood though without any qualms, sometimes he skips the recruiting step entirely anyway, usually against foe's he can't risk it with or if it makes an issue for his goal and mission at hand).
Gon's best bet imo, is to pull a Youpi and just spam huge **** off AOE bursts, but at the same time, I don't think it'd get to that point before BB incaps him.

Probably voting BB High-Mid Diff, Gon's senses definitely make this a huge pain in the ass and cuts out BB's main tactic of stealth, and while I do believe the stealth camo would still work and of course he's still completely silent, unlike other matches all that does is give him a slight advantage in making his weapons and stuff invisible and making it so Gon can't locate him or his attacks via sound it doesn't give him total invisibility due to life sensing (Though it might still enable him to get in sucker punches and stuff? Unsure how precise the life sensing is, would he sense the life in the first? Or just BB's general position? Well it doesn't quite matter, Im not factoring the possibility in), but with his literal military nation of an arsenal which beyond just sleep gas includes other forms of gases and weaponry that bypasses durability for which Gon has zero resistance towards, boons like analysis which gives BB info on Gon's innate capabilities and might even tip him off, and unironically skill if CQC and range spam or the like if range (Again, literal infinite ammo) and BB can't defeat those who have precog and can read his movements so Gon's own analyses is gonna prove counterintuitive for him. etc, etc etc, yeah whatever, I realize I could go on and on but this is kinda run on as it is and this is just the shit off the top of my head.
This is the second reply fyi, I have a reply written up for your initial post response, I can post that too if need be but it's essentially retreading a lot of what I said here minus a few things.

But i do want to mention one of your points that I didn't touch upon,

">and make an omnidirectional attack in order to find the invisible opponent (much like it was discovered by Youpi during the Chimera Ant arc), thus, overcoming said ability as well.

An AOE attack might work, but at the same time, that'd only work if BB is even in range of that AOE, BB can and will play long range if needed and can do so even beyond Gon's max range (a handful of weapons can do so, he has dozens with Gon's peak range, and he also has long range snipers and rifles too, oddly enough a lot of his rockets and homing missiles have range exceeding 250m) if needed and if he deems it safest, that's assuming he somehow doesn't manage to slip away far enough outside of Gon's sensing and then just wait to pick him up with a long range sniper, would be difficult so I wouldn't say that's a reliable win condition (Though he can play this game up to two weeks).

Though how damaging the AOE attack is also depends on how far away BB is from Gon, if he isn't up close, BB might just be able to tank it kinda like how he could take a rocket launch (as in like, an actual rocket, a spaceship, a saturn one too) and the expulsion of the flames and fuel but due to being at a distance (about 17m), he didn't take the full brunt of it and walked it off (Unless Gon's nen ignores inverse square law and is strong as **** even at the edge? But his armor might help with that).
Big Boss also has silent weapons of all variations, firing a weapon wouldn't give his position away. I also want to ask would Gon even do that? I don't think Gon can even can do what Youpi did, or well, he can, but not to that extent given Youpi is quite a bit stronger (as in a lot stronger) and thus his AOE bursts would be less as well, (I mean if Gon could make huge AOE bursts that illicit huge craters that can reach BB if BB decides to play range, that wouldn't even be 8-B, that'd be some 8-A shit, if not tier 7) plus has Gon ever actually tried something like that or shown capable? (Ignoring his Matured form, given that thing has huge AOE from just making contact with a thing).
Though, doesn't Gon like, need to actually charge up some of his more potent attacks? That might be problematic, especially as him focusing his nen to enhance his AP, in turn leaves other places slightly more vulnerable due to a lack of hardening of Nen, Gon needs to pick and choose if he wants to go all in and becomes less durable (which would make the piercing bullets more problematic), or go all defense (wouldn't have the AP needed to put BB on his ass in that case with equipment, though bullets would do far less), he can balance it of course to varying degrees but nonetheless, more or less the same applies (Especially as piercing can effect Vamp and Metal Gear's).

Gon still has a higher intelligence stat here, maybe if you read the reasoning behind it, you might change your mind. I'm not going to regurgitate his skill feats again unless someone (who actually provides a good reasoning for doubting) questions it.

He actually doesn't, they're both rated as Genius, they're technically equal (Pretty sure BB would be rated as genius by pure virtue of having an IQ beyond the actual definition of genius), and I'm going to be blunt but going off BB's intel section isn't the best idea, mostly because it's ass, Bb's page kinda glosses over BB's numerous huge expansive plans that last decades and change the whole state of the world multiple times, as well as his innate knowledge in numerous fields, the fact he's led multiple nations, the fact he's considered an icon, and just a whole slew of other shit that could fill the whole page (It's actually baffling how bad it is, his intelligence section doesn't even mention his plan with Venom being a scapegoat proxy and how he managed to use him to fool the world into thinking Venom was him, effectively making it so two Big Bosses existed as well as to take prying eyes away from him while he built his own nation in Africa while Venom went around doing shit to make him look good as well as fooling Skullface and several governments) and that's a HUGE plot point, like that's the premise of a whole game and the background for a whole character and his intel section doesn't even mention it let alone his other numerous intellect feats and showings. It, funnily enough doesn't even paint a picture of his skill either.
Hell, dudes merely trying to mimic BB through gene therapy all have IQ's exceeding 180 and are geniuses in multiple fields, even his clones have IQ's exceeding 180, are masters of numerous combative fields, languages, tracking, and so on (Liquid even as a child could run child warcamps and groups, fought off actual groups of armed soldiers and he himself could easily dismantle the average Diamond Dog). Not to even get into Ocelot who's on speed dial for BB (Due to Codec), who's an extraordinary genius and basically is the mastermind the majority of the verse and concocted one of the most convoluted plans in video game history, and somehow had it work out perfectly despite a billion interferences, everything going against him and the involvement of multiple super AI.

Thanks to Chariot's enlightening words, and the fact that I know a lot more about BB due to me playing and beating MGS3 a while back, I vote for enlarged commander (Big Boss) FRA

But actually though, this dude has muscle reading & analytical prediction bordering on precog (it's listed as precog on his profile tho, idk why), heightened senses, was a child soldier, deemed unbeatable in battle and has military training that's utterly ludicrous and is an expert in basically every conceivable field of combat (Was the only member of Foxhound to get codename Fox, a group full of soldiers bordering on supernatural, including dudes who literally were supernatural), knows CQC, was bio-engineered to increase his combat skills and capabilities and this dude is skill fodder in the grand scheme of things, hell Solid literally folded his ass in HTH despite being the weaker and slower of the two (Even when this dude decides to use his invisibility, which, mind you, this dude passively negs Snake's radars so Solid didn't use those to counter his invisibility).
A rookie Solid straight up beat his ass in HTH one time pre-cyberization (so badly mind you, that when he comes back as a cyborg, all he gives a shit about is having Snake fight him again in HTH to the point it comes off as some masochistic and obsessive, he doesn't even let Solid use weapons and will throw away his own weapons too so it's pure HTH).

He's ultimately probably B- Tier in the MGS skill scaling given the he's less skilled than MGS1 Snake even with overwhelming advantages.

Last edited:
tbh I probably should have used Quiet clips, she has similar wacky skill feats (she might even have more due to screen time) and even has super powers that amp it, and Venom actively floors her casually.
Pretty sure she's even lower on the skill chain due to being 100% confirmed inferior to Venom (Though venom consistently makes Skull Units take a knee and that's exactly what Quiet is too).

tbh I probably should have used Quiet clips, she has similar wacky skill feats (she might even have more due to screen time) and even has super powers that amp it, and Venom actively floors her casually.
Face it, you forgot her because you are too horny looking at her

t̵h̵e̵ ̵o̵r̵i̵g̵i̵n̵a̵l̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵n̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵m̵a̵k̵e̵ ̵a̵ ̵c̵o̵m̵p̵r̵e̵s̵s̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵w̵a̵c̵k̵y̵ ̵s̵k̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵f̵e̵a̵t̵ ̵v̵i̵d̵e̵o̵,̵ ̵b̵u̵t̵ ̵I̵ ̵o̵n̵l̵y̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵2̵%̵ ̵s̵p̵a̵c̵e̵ ̵l̵e̵f̵t̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵h̵a̵r̵d̵ ̵d̵r̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵a̵t̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵m̵g̵u̵r̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵a̵l̵l̵o̵w̵ ̵c̵l̵i̵p̵s̵ ̵a̵b̵o̵v̵e̵ ̵1̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵w̵a̵y̵ ̵s̵o̵ ̵I̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵p̵i̵c̵k̵e̵d̵ ̵G̵r̵a̵y̵ ̵F̵o̵x̵ ̵b̵e̵c̵a̵u̵s̵e̵ ̵h̵e̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵c̵o̵o̵l̵ ̵b̵a̵c̵k̵ ̵f̵l̵i̵p̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵h̵e̵'̵s̵ ̵c̵a̵n̵o̵n̵i̵c̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵m̵i̵d̵

t̵h̵e̵ ̵o̵r̵i̵g̵i̵n̵a̵l̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵n̵ ̵w̵a̵s̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵m̵a̵k̵e̵ ̵a̵ ̵c̵o̵m̵p̵r̵e̵s̵s̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵w̵a̵c̵k̵y̵ ̵s̵k̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵f̵e̵a̵t̵ ̵v̵i̵d̵e̵o̵,̵ ̵b̵u̵t̵ ̵I̵ ̵o̵n̵l̵y̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵l̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵2̵%̵ ̵s̵p̵a̵c̵e̵ ̵l̵e̵f̵t̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵h̵a̵r̵d̵ ̵d̵r̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵a̵t̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵m̵g̵u̵r̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵a̵l̵l̵o̵w̵ ̵c̵l̵i̵p̵s̵ ̵a̵b̵o̵v̵e̵ ̵1̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵w̵a̵y̵ ̵s̵o̵ ̵I̵ ̵j̵u̵s̵t̵ ̵p̵i̵c̵k̵e̵d̵ ̵G̵r̵a̵y̵ ̵F̵o̵x̵ ̵b̵e̵c̵a̵u̵s̵e̵ ̵h̵e̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵c̵o̵o̵l̵ ̵b̵a̵c̵k̵ ̵f̵l̵i̵p̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵h̵e̵'̵s̵ ̵c̵a̵n̵o̵n̵i̵c̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵m̵i̵d̵
SUS
Ok imma head out
window-jumpout.gif

And there it is the long ass essay argument tbh i've only read up to 13. the invisibility it's way too long than i expected. Also why wasn't the equipment mentioned now, wasn't mentioned earlier in the Johnny fight?

^ That's for the best. Wouldn't be surprised if Charm is a bit pissed to find out that his character had been FRA-trained when he was asleep and pretty much the only person that was arguing for their character... I know I was a bit when I woke up and found Subaru was FRA-trained by Monaca when I was gone and couldn't really get a word in since it was already over. Kinda why I am not around much in this tourny... that, and, I don't know much about the other charas since a select few, tbh

And there it is the long ass essay argument tbh i've only read up to 13. the invisibility it's way too long than i expected. Also why wasn't the equipment mentioned now, wasn't mentioned earlier in the Johnny fight?
He has a lot of shit, there's still a lot of stuff that's hasn't been brought too.
It's not hyperbole to call him a literal walking arsenal.

Wasn't the other equipments restricted or some shit? if not then damn........
The only thing I know is actually restricted is Metal Gear's (8-A) and probably summoning in his personal like Venom, Ocelot, or his army given that might be considered outside help (though it could just be considered a summon so who knows) or marking Gon and having them fire a nuke at his ass (mostly because that's just dumb as shit).

Do want to mention something I didn't realize till just now... I could have just argued that BB has analytical prediction and stuff and thus can read Gon's movements of which Gon has no resistance, and while Gon has analytical prediction, BB negs that shit making it less than useless on BB (hell it doesn't even work on dudes like mid game Raiden or Gene).
Didn't need to get into the whole skill thing, through his own abilities and attributes he can get around that entirely.

Edit: Another thing, one of the Phantom Pain item's actually prevents him from being instantly put into critical condition, that would also mitigate any chance at a one shot.

Last edited:
It has been 3 days there has been no response from HxH fans to counter Big Boss and Boss has reached 7 votes therefore he advances.

Back