• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Destroyer of the Moon Tournament: Garou vs Terrarian (Post-Plantera)

Group A (Match 1) :
Rules:

• Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
Opening match of Group A for 3 points.

Phoenks vs Psychomaster35

Results:

Terrarian (Post-Plantera): 4 (Aachintiya31, Paychomaster, Glace, Lynierz, Zilla)
Garou:
Incock: 8 (phoenks, DD, Adem, Recon, Epic, Azontr, Rikki, DaReaper)

hmNbOmL.png
Vs
D1SBpqG.png

Last edited:
Since Psychomaster never responds in a debate after entering it
it's Phoenks vs Phoenks debate.

Terrarian scales way the **** above 29.6 Exatons, since iirc, WoF scales to 29.6 exa, and Terrarian at this point killed many bosses stronger than the Wall of Flesh.

Not that it matters, Garou just goes "Uwu Adapt lmao get ******" and AP will be useless for the terrarian.

Okay, so...

With the starting distance of 30 meters, Garou actually has a chance here. If Terrarian tries to melee him at all, he will get hit by Garou's RASRF or Fa Jin, which will dust his bones, shockwave his organs, and end the match instantly. No question about that.

Otherwise, Terrarian and his long-ranged devices will probably **** Garou up pretty quickly. Ichor arrows/Golden Shower reduce his defense, Chlorophyte bullets home in on him, vampire knives absorb life and make Terrarian pretty much unbeatable, flight/teleportation gets him out of range, etc. He also has crazy damage reduction, healing potions, mana potions, stat amp potions, etc.

Ngl I think this is inconclusive. If the starting range was bigger I would side with Terrarian but Garou can cover ground pretty quickly and it is somewhat likely that Terrarian won't start by keeping his distance and will try meleeing.

That reminds me, what do we assume The Terrarian's first move or standard combat shit to be? Do we just assume he goes melee or nah?

That said, assuming it depends on range, 30 meters ain't melee range, so I see no reason why he can't just teleport out of Garou's range and abuse flight, and snipe from there. It's a viable wincon, and a lot of peeps do that in the game as well.

With the amount of shit he has, I think its more likely that Terrarian just lolnopes and snipes, does a **** ton of shit with the absurd amount of equipment he has, instead of instantly getting bone-crushed.

That reminds me, what do we assume The Terrarian's first move or standard combat shit to be? Do we just assume he goes melee or nah?

That said, assuming it depends on range, 30 meters ain't melee range, so I see no reason why he can't just teleport out of Garou's range and abuse flight, and snipe from there. It's a viable wincon, and a lot of peeps do that in the game as well.

With the amount of shit he has, I think its more likely that Terrarian just lolnopes and snipes, does a **** ton of shit with the absurd amount of equipment he has, instead of instantly getting bone-crushed.
30 meters isn't melee range but it's possible that Terrarian starts with his melee weapons, since I think we just composite him.

There is no reason that he can't do the teleport + fly + range the **** out of you strat, which would be the smartest thing if he had prior knowledge on Garou. But he doesn't, and could easily end up going in for some strikes with a sword and getting one-shot. Though, many of his swords have ranged projectiles anyway.

I say incon cause we don't know the exact chances of those scenarios happening.

I mean, how can we tell he'll go melee or ranged, though? Like, In-game, if I saw an enemy that can jump high af towards me and being aggresive af, I'm noping the **** out and sniping it from afar, but clearly that's not how we base the profiles. So, I'm kind of confused.

I still think though that going range is like, one of the best options here, most likely one as well due to the range difference, and I don't think the terrarian is just gonna go "onga bonga True melee build baby" against an enemy he doesn't know jack about, and is seemingly aggressive and is really mobile.

I mean, how can we tell he'll go melee or ranged, though? Like, In-game, if I saw an enemy that can jump high af towards me and being aggresive af, I'm noping the **** out and sniping it from afar, but clearly that's not how we base the profiles. So, I'm kind of confused.

I still think though that going range is like, one of the best options here, and I don't think the terrarian is just gonna go "onga bonga True melee build baby" against an enemy he doesn't know jack about, and is seemingly aggressive and is really mobile.
I mean, compared to the bosses that Terrarian has fought like Plantera, Duke Fishron, Mechanical Bosses, Brain of Cthulhu, and Empress of Light, Garou would actually seem more like a mini-boss at first glance lol. And Terrarian does sometimes just fly up and start striking you with a sword, maybe not at first, but at some point or another, it's pretty likely.

There's a chance he will, but I still think its quite a small chance once it realizes Garou ain't really a normal enemy, and if the Terrarian is a bit smart and actually tries to win.

I'm currently leaning slightly towards Terrarian or incon tbh, though not gonna vote for now until I see more arguments or smth.

Should mention that Garou's Fa Jin isn't limited to just melee range, by the way. It can be sent out as shockwaves. WICF can also be longer ranged with the manipulation of air.

Stopped getting notifications for some reason.

Anyway, Terrarian uses Vampire Knives to drain Garou's life GG.

But uh yeah I stand by my statement.

Terrarian debuff spams and caps Garou with a chlorophyte or Ichor bullet.

Well, for me I just think there are a few unknowns with Terrarian, and the fact that Garou only needs him to get into range ONCE to end the match makes this really, really uncertain. It could easily go either way.

So I vote inconclusive for now.

I mean the Terrarian is a game character so we don't assume they have a standard strategy(since they have no canon personality, and are instead controlled by the player).

So we can assume he'd choose the most optimal win condition, which is to stay at a range. At least that's how I remember we treat situations like this.

Some people said that characters with no personality, we just assume they go for the best win condition, so if that's true, I'm honestly voting Terrarian as well.

If not, then Incon.

I mean how would the Terrarian know the correct approach at the start of the fight without prior information though? Like sure he "picks the best win condition" but if he doesn't know that's his win condition at first, why would he go for it?

Voting incon unless someone can answer me properly here.

Ok ok that’s a lotta abilities but I looked through and I’m wondering what the wincon for terrarian is. It seems like garou has the raw stats advantage, and will just end up adapting to have way better speed, along with already having the AP advantage
can someone be more specific about why Terrarian wins?

I mean how would the Terrarian know the correct approach at the start of the fight without prior information though? Like sure he "picks the best win condition" but if he doesn't know that's his win condition at first, why would he go for it?

Because that's how we treat video game characters without any real IC moves. Basically, we can jus say he does what he needs to win, because we don't know what they'd do.
can someone be more specific about why Terrarian wins?
Spammable defense reducing debuffs, spammable homing danmaku, spammable durability negating attacks, spammable teleportation, spammable life draining, various forms of damage reduction, the ability to negate Garou's regeneration, regeneration of their own which can be boosted in terms of potency through spammable potions, poison which kills extremely quickly, etc.

Actually, I should probably make a CRT to add petrification via the Medusa Head to Terrarian's profile. Hol up.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's not a thing. I misremembered. The Medusa Head does NOT do that.

Is this debate concluded for either side
I need to move on with the rest of the matches just wanted to make sure we all agree on a outcome for this fight.

Because that's how we treat video game characters without any real IC moves. Basically, we can jus say he does what he needs to win, because we don't know what they'd do.
But how would he know? I understand if we are talking about mid battle decision making but this is quite literally a match that is decided at the start. Why would he go "for the best win condition" if the character himself doesn't know what's his best win condition is at the start of the fight?

Idfk lmao.

I'm just going off of what I've heard. That's just how we treat it, apparently. 🤷‍♂️

I think in general, if they have close and ranged options, then it would depend on the distance, optimally. Since 30 meters is definitely not "close range" I think it's fair to say that the Terarrian would go long range.

I vote Terarrian FRA

Spammable defense reducing debuffs, spammable homing danmaku, spammable durability negating attacks, spammable teleportation, spammable life draining, various forms of damage reduction, the ability to negate Garou's regeneration, regeneration of their own which can be boosted in terms of potency through spammable potions, poison which kills extremely quickly, etc.
Defense reduction gets countered directly by RE adaptation, esp since garou scales higher than terrarian already so he should be able to take the homing attacks fairly well, teleportation would work well until garou just gets more speed and does that wacky laser propulsion thing to catch up, regen neg would work but garou can grow extra limbs even if he can’t just directly regenerate the ones he lost. And while it’s not directly shown, even humans irl can adapt to poison over time, so it’s safe to assume Garou should have an easier time with doing that against terrarian’s poison. Not to mention Garou is easily more skilled and can also induce fear, and has his own ranged attacks with energy projection
he also has instinctive reactions and further stat amp with awakening breath and other martial arts that amp his stats

Back