• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Destroyer of the Moon Tournament: Garou (Post-Sage) vs Eclipse (Sonic Comics)

Group A (Match 3) :
Rules:

• Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
Phoenks vs Kflare63

Results:

Eclipse: 1 (Kribonic)
Garou (Post-Sage): 8 (Azontr, Phoenks, Recon1511, DD, ShakeResounding, sanicspood, Infinite day, Lugh)
Incon:
hmNbOmL.png
VS
Eclipse_the_Darkling_3D_Model2.png

Last edited:
So, what's Eclipse starting movie?

If he enters close range, he dies.

I mean even Cosmic Garou would just kill him with martial arts if he got his cosmic powers nulled...

Eclipse got done dirty in both matches lol.

Garou curbs so I'm voting for him, basically nothing Eclipse has would make a difference except his Monster Form and that's simply because of the AP boost it gives.

Alright so, using my knowledge of both verses as an Archie Patrician and a Anime Only OPM scrub, let's go over this.

Eclipse stands no ******* change up close in hand to hand. Archie characters are no slouches in hand to hand combat, and Eclipse is notably skilled in his verse, and he could likely beat down Garou physically in Beast Form since they're similar in AP... but with equalized speed Eclipse would lose his one potential advantage, and he would get violently skill-stomped by Garou, who is just, monstrously skilled, it's not even funny. He could honestly get one shot due to his durability negation organ destruction stuff. Even from a distance Garou could be a little risky due to his energy beams. Garou would likely also be physically stronger, as Eclipse is only 5C in his Monster Form, meaning he'd get statstomped in base. Eclipse's Monster Form would also likely be outlasted by Garou, as it has a relatively short time limit and would leave him completely open once it runs out, guaranteeing his death. Basically he either gets whooped and eventually killed via dura negg, or gets outlasted and then one-shot once he reverts to a weakened base form.

Both can fly so air control is a moot point.

But... that's just up-close. From a distance is a different story, as Archie characters are generally haxxlords and can bullshit their way out of a lot of scenarios. Eclipse is a little less haxxy comparatively. He does have a few balls in his court, though. In Beast Form, assuming Garou doesn't immediately lead with dura negg, he could definitely take some blows from Garou, and if he's able to hang into this fight to any degree or pull out his Sonic Cannon, it could likely end the fight right there, since it was capable of one-shotting both Knuckles and Shadow at once.

He could also just never risk pulling out Beast Form at all, and just opt to use his Armor instead, which would grant him moon level durability and AP strong enough to one shot other Moon Levelers in his base form, without the risk of leaving himself completely weakened if a short time limit runs out. Considering Eclipse has used it when at a disadvantage before, it's likely that he'd use it the second he realizes he's out of his league. His chaos energy manipulation would also allow him to freely move around the battlefield due to teleportation, so he could easily put distance between himself and Garou to give himself time to plan out his next moves. He wouldn't be able to stall forever though, due to Garou's ludicrous stamina. Eclipse's ranged options are just also generally better than Garou, since they're able to pose a threat to and potentially dismember other moon level characters, which could certainly pose a threat to Garou if he's put in a bad position.

I think the real deciding factor here is... does Garou have any counter to time travel? I know Cosmic Garou can, but this is Post-Sage. If not, then there's not really anything preventing Eclipse from either time huh?'ing Garou, or time travelling to a point in the future where Garou would be completely open and then nailing him with a Sonic Cannon for a one shot, similar to how Saitama KO'd Cosmic Garou. Eclipse also seems to have mind manipulation and perception manipulation, but I haven't read his stories in ages so I don't remember to what degree or what he could do with it. While he's arrogant, I don't think it's something that would play too much into Eclipse's downfall here either, since he is clearly knowledgeable in a fight and knows when he's on the back foot due to his clever ability usage.

I think this could definitely go either way, as it just depends on who leads with what, Garou could potentially end the fight immediately if he leads with dura negg, but if he doesn't, there's definitely potential for Eclipse to get slapped around in close combat, realize he's at a disadvantage, and then start playing his cards smartly to get a quick KO/kill.

Alright so, using my knowledge of both verses as an Archie Patrician and a Anime Only OPM scrub, let's go over this.

Eclipse stands no ******* change up close in hand to hand. Archie characters are no slouches in hand to hand combat, and Eclipse is notably skilled in his verse, and he could likely beat down Garou physically in Beast Form since they're similar in AP... but with equalized speed Eclipse would lose his one potential advantage, and he would get violently skill-stomped by Garou, who is just, monstrously skilled, it's not even funny. He could honestly get one shot due to his durability negation organ destruction stuff. Even from a distance Garou could be a little risky due to his energy beams. Garou would likely also be physically stronger, as Eclipse is only 5C in his Monster Form, meaning he'd get statstomped in base. Eclipse's Monster Form would also likely be outlasted by Garou, as it has a relatively short time limit and would leave him completely open once it runs out, guaranteeing his death. Basically he either gets whooped and eventually killed via dura negg, or gets outlasted and then one-shot once he reverts to a weakened base form.

Both can fly so air control is a moot point.

But... that's just up-close. From a distance is a different story, as Archie characters are generally haxxlords and can bullshit their way out of a lot of scenarios. Eclipse is a little less haxxy comparatively. He does have a few balls in his court, though. In Beast Form, assuming Garou doesn't immediately lead with dura negg, he could definitely take some blows from Garou, and if he's able to hang into this fight to any degree or pull out his Sonic Cannon, it could likely end the fight right there, since it was capable of one-shotting both Knuckles and Shadow at once.

He could also just never risk pulling out Beast Form at all, and just opt to use his Armor instead, which would grant him moon level durability and AP strong enough to one shot other Moon Levelers in his base form, without the risk of leaving himself completely weakened if a short time limit runs out. Considering Eclipse has used it when at a disadvantage before, it's likely that he'd use it the second he realizes he's out of his league. His chaos energy manipulation would also allow him to freely move around the battlefield due to teleportation, so he could easily put distance between himself and Garou to give himself time to plan out his next moves. He wouldn't be able to stall forever though, due to Garou's ludicrous stamina. Eclipse's ranged options are just also generally better than Garou, since they're able to pose a threat to and potentially dismember other moon level characters, which could certainly pose a threat to Garou if he's put in a bad position.

I think the real deciding factor here is... does Garou have any counter to time travel? I know Cosmic Garou can, but this is Post-Sage. If not, then there's not really anything preventing Eclipse from either time huh?'ing Garou, or time travelling to a point in the future where Garou would be completely open and then nailing him with a Sonic Cannon for a one shot, similar to how Saitama KO'd Cosmic Garou. Eclipse also seems to have mind manipulation and perception manipulation, but I haven't read his stories in ages so I don't remember to what degree or what he could do with it. While he's arrogant, I don't think it's something that would play too much into Eclipse's downfall here either, since he is clearly knowledgeable in a fight and knows when he's on the back foot due to his clever ability usage.

I think this could definitely go either way, as it just depends on who leads with what, Garou could potentially end the fight immediately if he leads with dura negg, but if he doesn't, there's definitely potential for Eclipse to get slapped around in close combat, realize he's at a disadvantage, and then start playing his cards smartly to get a quick KO/kill.
Thanks for the analysis, we just need votes

This Garou key starts and spams his dura neg attacks so yeah he just wins, they also have planetary range with shockwaves so distance won't do much.

Voting Garou if there was any doubt.

Last edited:
Back