• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Destroyer of the Moon Tournament: Garou vs Terrarian (Post-Plantera)

Garou can't shoot lasers Ziller but he can simply outspeed the bullets with stat amps
At the beginning of the fight when their the same speed, and the bullets just swerve around any of his attempts to dodge or parry?

Garou can't shoot lasers Ziller but he can simply outspeed the bullets with stat amps
In this key he has energy projection so yeah he can
it also scales above his speed since he uses said energy projection to propel himself faster to attack, so that’s something

In this key he has energy projection so yeah he can
it also scales above his speed since he uses said energy projection to propel himself faster to attack, so that’s something
The energy beams scaling above his speed is not reflected properly on the profile.

Also, do you still want me to list the debuffs Terrarian can inflict that negate regeneration?

He's just propelling himself with more force to make himself faster, the beams themselves aren't faster than he is.
That’s like having a tank moving ten miles per hour pushing you to speed you up because it’s generating a lot of kinetic energy
regardless by your own logic he should be able to make them faster by adding energy to them so, whatever
either way he can use roaring aura to shred the bullets from a distance, laser them to pieces, or perhaps even leave afterimages to trick them into homing on the wrong thing? Depends on the mechanics of how it decides what to home in on but just another thought

Garou's never even used his lasers to do anything but boost his speed so idk why he'd suddenly use them to attack.

Afterimages do nothing because the bullets have no mind to be tricked lmao. They don't think, they just do, and what they do here is they curve to wherever Garou moves to hit him. He makes an afterimage and the bullets will just chase after where he actually is.

He could potentially shred the bullets but he'd have to do this at the very beginning of the fight, and from what I know Garou doesn't start by trying to destroy projectiles, he parries or dodges them, neither of which he can do, so by the time he can destroy them he's already been hit because he basically ran into their path by trying to dodge them.

At the beginning of the fight when their the same speed, and the bullets just swerve around any of his attempts to dodge or parry?
Its an stat amp? Wheter he uses it at the start or end o the fight doesn't matter, it will still make him faster than the bullets.

It's very much in character for Garou to use it especially against someone who will be spamming projectiles which he should be really quick to deduce are homing in on him.

Its an stat amp? Wheter he uses it at the start or end o the fight doesn't matter, it will still make him faster than the bullets.

It's very much in character for Garou to use it especially against someone who will be spamming projectiles which he should be really quick to deduce are homing in on him.
Okay but like, it does matter, because if the bullets are already by him, as in, about to hit him, it doesn't matter if he stat amps, because he's already in the path of a bunch of bullets he cannot dodge, as in, their right in front of his face or literally any other part of his body.

And you know it's complete bullshit that he can deduce the bullets are homing in time for him to stat amp before he's hit.

Okay but like, it does matter, because if the bullets are already by him, as in, about to hit him, it doesn't matter if he stat amps, because he's already in the path of a bunch of bullets he cannot dodge, as in, their right in front of his face or literally any other part of his body.

And you know it's complete bullshit that he can deduce the bullets are homing in time for him to stat amp before he's hit.
Why is it bullshit? Because you say so? Nice argument 😶

Garou can deduce the bullets are homing in on him because
A) Speed is equalized so the bullets can't blitz him so he can perfectly see and react to them
B) The Terrarian supposedly would start by gaining distance and then spamming projectiles which would give Garou more time to react as the distance the bullets have to cover is greater
C) Garou wouldn't just stand there while a bullet shower rains down on him, he would move around and see that the bullets are following his general direction and decide to use his stat amps to outspeed them.

Why is it bullshit? Because you say so? Nice argument 😶
Says this and acts like he gave no argument for Garou being able to deduce this in the first place. Actual brainrot statement out of you.

A is irrelevant. That'd be the same for any normal bullet, that doesn't give him insight into any special properties the bullets may have.

B is also irrelevant, the match starts at a distance where the Terrarian can comfortably use projectiles, so they wouldn't need to gain it.

C is irrelevant as well, as once Garou dodges, the bullets will instantly curve to hit him, and as I said before, they will be literally point-blank at any point of his body, so he cannot stat amp and dodge, he's already in the bullet's path, anywhere he tries to move is a place the bullet has already curved to be in.

You people really are grasping at straws.

Says this and acts like he gave no argument for Garou being able to deduce this in the first place. Actual brainrot statement out of you.

A is irrelevant. That'd be the same for any normal bullet, that doesn't give him insight into any special properties the bullets may have.

B is also irrelevant, the match starts at a distance where the Terrarian can comfortably use projectiles, so they wouldn't need to gain it.

C is irrelevant as well, as once Garou dodges, the bullets will instantly curve to hit him, and as I said before, they will be literally point-blank at any point of his body, so he cannot stat amp and dodge, he's already in the bullet's path.

You people really are grasping at straws.
Lmao and this guy is the one asking people to be civil

How is A irrelevant? The speed at which the bullet flies towards Garou is equalized to Garou's speed, meaning he can see them, react and move before they hit him. Garou would get insight in how them work because the bullets are following him, it doesn't take a Genius intellect, which he has, to deduce that they are homing in on him.

C is just A

And I'm stuck dealing with a passive agressive douche but not complaining 🤷‍♂️

Your not stuck dealing with anything, your making the active choice to participate in this debate. Now if you don't like my language, that's fair, but don't act like I'm a "passive aggressive douche" just cause I called your dumb statement dumb. Grow some thicker skin.

If Garou makes any attempt to dodge in any manner then the bullets will curve at point-blank range and hit him. Him being able to see it and react to it is irrelevant, because if he does react, the bullet is just going to move and hit him anyway, at a range at which he cannot dodge or outspeed, as it's already about to hit him.

Speed equal does not equalize attack speed/reactions to movement speed, as that's all being equalized. If one of the speed gets equalized to subsonic and the other has a lazer then it's impossible for the other character to dodge unless they also have LS reactions or smth.
Going by Terrarian's profile speed ratings it doesn't seem like there's a notable difference in speed between his movement and the bullets, however?
There's probably a way to calc how fast they move compared to the character's speed, since they appear much faster in the PA section.

Afaik Garou has planetary range and dura neg with his shockwaves. Wich he also used it pretty quick in his fight against Saitama as soon as he reached his 5-C key, not to mention Accelerated development wich boosts his speed like crazy as he moves around and a speed/power amp that he can use by breathing while mid combat (like vs bang). Also, not sure how he stacks up in skill compared to terrarian guy but his Human key could dodge ricochet shots from Golden ball in a dark alleyway only getting grazed once due to not getting used to the dark quick enough, so i'd say he could definitely dodge more simplistic bullet danmaku or at least deflect them with a big shockwave through Fa Jin.

Garou's never even used his lasers to do anything but boost his speed so idk why he'd suddenly use them to attack.
because he's smart and would do that if the situation called for it
it's not out of character just because he hasn't done it, when there was no reason for him to do it

Alright, I gotta go eat dinner, and arguments are being thrown at me all at once, along with a new text wall.

I'll be back later once I've eaten and straightened out my head.

Speed equal does not equalize attack speed/reactions to movement speed, as that's all being equalized. If one of the speed gets equalized to subsonic and the other has a lazer then it's impossible for the other character to dodge unless they also have LS reactions or smth.
Going by Terrarian's profile speed ratings it doesn't seem like there's a notable difference in speed between his movement and the bullets, however?
There's probably a way to calc how fast they move compared to the character's speed, since they appear much faster in the PA section.

Afaik Garou has planetary range and dura neg with his shockwaves. Wich he also used it pretty quick in his fight against Saitama as soon as he reached his 5-C key, not to mention Accelerated development wich boosts his speed like crazy as he moves around and a speed/power amp that he can use by breathing while mid combat (like vs bang). Also, not sure how he stacks up in skill compared to terrarian guy but his Human key could dodge ricochet shots from Golden ball in a dark alleyway only getting grazed once due to not getting used to the dark quick enough, so i'd say he could definitely dodge more simplistic bullet danmaku or at least deflect them with a big shockwave through Fa Jin.
yeah his AD for speed is absolutely bonkers, and that's before accounting for stat amps and energy propulsion amp and him evolving faster ways to move
worst cast scenario he just outspeeds the bullets and goes straight for the kill, using anal pred to deal with any way he tries to get out of hand to hand combat, which garou undoubtedly stomps him in

Finished eating and uh, probably not gonna be doing any debating tonight. Not a concession just uh, taking a break cause I'm worn out. So uh, don't bring me back here for now.

Feel free to argue and vote while I'm gone, though. I'm not necessary for this debate.

Is this finished? I left the wiki for like a day as a small break. Didn't expect so much, don't feel like reading it all.

Seems Terrarian is winning, though?

Well, I'm honestly very surprised with that result, I think this is very 50/50 personally.

Terrarian's arsenal is very strong, but literally, one attack from Garou would kill him and end the match instantly.

Terrarian's wincon is flying away and spamming guns/bows/debuffs and whatnot, which would kill Garou eventually, but he also has to avoid getting hit a single time with that strategy.

This is difficult to say imo because it assumes that Terrarian stays a very good distance away from Garou at all times AND manages to avoid all of his shockwaves with Fa Jin, which is a move he will use often in this key. Especially if Terrarian keeps flying away.

I don't know if you're willing to do this again, but could you briefly explain the counter to this? In a way that really explains why it's in Terrarian's favor, rather than an inconclusive matchup.

My main reason for believing the Terrarian wins is that I believe he can defeat Garou before getting hit with shockwaves via spamming his various debuffs and dura neg equipment. As in, I believe it's more likely that Garou dies before Garou kills Terrarian. I acknowledge Garou's capability to end the fight with a single attack, I simply believe Terrarian is more likely to defeat Garou before that single attack happens.

I don't know if that's enough to convince you, but, it is my general opinion.

various debuffs and dura neg equipment
Debuffs will take quite a while to kill someone like Garou, though. Especially because he has regeneration and I believe resist poison stuff. And Garou's shockwaves are what he uses against Saitama almost immediately after going into this form.

Which dura neg items are you referring to?

Terrarian has debuffs that specifically negate Garou's level of regeneration, though. (Bleed, cursed inferno, etc). Poison is fair.

Referring to things like the vampire knives, and the Lightning Aura Staff, when referring to dura neg. There are probably more items that the Terrarian has the negates durability, but, I'd rather not dig through all of the items and figure that out.

Back