• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 5-C The Destroyer of the Moon Tournament: Garou (Post-Sage) vs Eclipse (Sonic Comics)

If this Garou leads with dura neg, then yeah, I could buy him winning.

Id still like to know if Garou has any counter to time travel though, I feel that’s a pretty big thing here that’s being overlooked

If this Garou leads with dura neg, then yeah, I could buy him winning.

Id still like to know if Garou has any counter to time travel though, I feel that’s a pretty big thing here that’s being overlooked
Nothing really but this Garou always leads with Dura neg spam so it doesn't matter.

Actually, now that I think about it, Eclipse also has time slow and time stopping abilities through his space time manip from Chaos Energy.

Does Garou have any counter to time stop, time slow, or time travel? If not, then Eclipse has plenty of ways to just immediately leave Garou in a position that’s open to being one shot with Sonic Wave.

Does Garou have any counter to time stop, time slow, or time travel?
Not afaik, but Eclipse in-character doesn't lead with them iirc (take my words with a grain of salt though, Post-Reboot Archie is something I've read maybe 10 issues of). And that's why I'm pretty sure Garou takes this if he truly does lead with Dura Neg like people are saying though your analysis made me wanna clap at how strong of a case you presented for Eclipse lol

Not afaik, but Eclipse in-character doesn't lead with them iirc (take my words with a grain of salt though, Post-Reboot Archie is something I've read maybe 10 issues of). And that's why I'm pretty sure Garou takes this if he truly does lead with Dura Neg like people are saying though your analysis made me wanna clap at how strong of a case you presented for Eclipse lol
Thank you ( :

well then, it seems it depends on how likely it is for Garou to lead with dura neg then. If someone here could provide like, at least more than once instance of Garou leading with dura Negg, then I’ll switch my vote from Eclipse to Garou.

as otherwise, Eclipse has 3-4 game ending haxx Garou would have no answer to, which would be more than enough for me to lean in his favor.

if that so then i believe garou will just pull off Great Fa Jin faster

while he was throwing saitama around thinking he's bodying him, he quickly uses fa jin to finish him off relatively quickly
He isn’t leading with Fa Jin here though, he does it after wailing on him for a while.

Saitama’s style of fighting also just generally involves letting his opponents wail on him attack after attack and tanking the blows due to his overwhelming strength. Eclipse doesn’t fight like that and generally aims to exploit his opponents weaknesses or outplay them with his abilities. Not to mention that as soon as Garou starts wailing on him, Eclipse could just teleport away from Garou’s range at any point during his combos or otherwise due to this Teleportation and Dimensional Travel abilities, now with the knowledge that he can’t win up close and to play smart, such as time stopping and then one shotting with his Armor or Sonic Wave.

im starting to lean more in Eclipse’s favor now honestly.

He isn’t leading with Fa Jin here though, he does it after wailing on him for a while.

Saitama’s style of fighting also just generally involves letting his opponents wail on him attack after attack and tanking the blows due to his overwhelming strength. Eclipse doesn’t fight like that and generally aims to exploit his opponents weaknesses or outplay them with his abilities. Not to mention that as soon as Garou starts wailing on him, Eclipse could just teleport away from Garou’s range at any point during his combos or otherwise due to this Teleportation and Dimensional Travel abilities, now with the knowledge that he can’t win up close and to play smart, such as time stopping and then one shotting with his Armor or Sonic Wave.

im starting to lean more in Eclipse’s favor now honestly.
i never even argued he starts with it but whatever

nothing really stops garou from just analytically predicting where he'd teleport next or just still being able to hit eclispe with his own ranged attacks

unless eclispe can teleport to another universe or something idk if he's able to evade garou for that long

Doubtful that he'll be able to pinpoint the exact location Eclipse would be teleporting to.

Garou has literally never done anything akin to predicting teleportation why exactly would it be easy to believe 🗿

im saying he can probably just figure out where he'd be eventually if he spams it close range or something
Considering if he would be teleporting away to get OUT of close range, he’d be teleporting long range likely, which would make prediction extremely difficult to do. Once he teleports long range, he can stop or slow time and immediately either teleport at near point blank for a Sonic Wave kill, punch a hole in his chest like he did Omega using his Armor, or just disembowel or destroy Garou’s limbs/head with his projectiles from a distance.

Thank you ( :

well then, it seems it depends on how likely it is for Garou to lead with dura neg then. If someone here could provide like, at least more than once instance of Garou leading with dura Negg, then I’ll switch my vote from Eclipse to Garou.

as otherwise, Eclipse has 3-4 game ending haxx Garou would have no answer to, which would be more than enough for me to lean in his favor.
He always leads with his martial arts which is a combination of a bunch of abilities including durability negation. It isn't just Fa Jin. Though he uses Fa Jin like directly after obtaining his 5-C form.

He always leads with his martial arts which is a combination of a bunch of abilities including durability negation. It isn't just Fa Jin. Though he uses that like directly after obtaining his 5-C form.
So all his attacks at this point have dura negg?

Then I guess it just depends on if Garou would use a duranegg attack in his immediate first combo, if so, he wins, if not, he would lose via Eclipse’s superior haxx

At this point I'd say it's just a decisive win for Garou. Eclipse has methods through which he can win, so does Garou, it just so happens that Garou's are more likely to get him the win.

Nothing changes then, still voting Garou.
I also don't agree that he loses if he doesn't use it first.

I'm still going to lean towards Eclipse because I haven't seen anything that shows him using dura negg OUT THE GATE IMMEDIATELY, but I do believe that if Garou doesn't use his dura negg right out the gate, he'd lose. Eclipse is crafty, has several methods that could shut him down immediately, and would take them the second he knows he's in danger. Near immediate time-stop into three different one shot methods is pretty solid.

If this was a bloodlusted fight, it'd be Eclipse easy, but since it's in character, I just lean towards Eclipse.

Last edited:
Back