• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I would go with TOAA over Azathoth honestly, I don't believe that he can just suddenly wake up and Omae wa no shindeirui everyone, TOAA alone should be able to defeat them all considering the feats and statements that the same poccess, It is really hard to find an exactly winner when you put 11 Gods to fight and ask "Who would win?", The battle can go many ways, And how it will go is something impossible for us to understand, We also don't have any idea if Azathoth has actual intelligence to defense himself or is just like a Jellyfish, And it would be impossible for a God to delete other since all of them are beyond the very own concept of existence.

Azathoth is frequently considered as "The Blind idiot God", He is also not omniscient or omnipotent (As he has not enough intelligence to do anything).

Althoigh azatoth lacks any conciousness... he is still beyond everything listed down.

Based on the book "Through The Gate of the Silver Key" all outer gods are merely projecting themselves into our dimension from cutouts that kead to the infinith dinension. Which is beyond all that has been listed.

Also... this battle takes place where azathoth's wake has no affect. Which means its up to yog-sothoth.

Same principles as azathoth, he can bend reality with a thought being an outer god. He is also, and is the best example of being a projection from the infinith dimension beyond the dimension this battle takes place in. Implying this, both of them cannot die. Also yig-sothoth knows all, no strategy can be done agaibst him. He is also void of matter... and even a definite shape... being made out of iridescent speheres, meanibg it is mostlikely also nearly impossible to attack him.

azathoth isnt asleep and the only reason he is called "the blind idiot god" is because nothing in lovecraft can even begin to comprehend him and his intentions. Azathoth will never actually wake up as the outer gods "live" in a realm that is beyond all of totality, all of change and prespective and as such Azathoth awakening is not even a thing cause Azathoth is never asleep in the first place, he is beyond sleeping which is really just a metaphor for the unknown. the Azathoth that the outer gods interact with is not even the true Azathoth and the same go for the outer gods themselves. all of what you see as Azathoth and the outer gods are mere infinsimental things of what the true beings actually are. Azathoth cannot be an idiot, he "created" yog-sothoth who is truly omniscient and yog sothoth is a mere part of Azathoth itself, Azathoth doesnt "do" anything as it exists beyond such lowly concepts as change and presepective. even the name Azathoth or Yog-sothoth are limitations that both beings are beyond as both these two things mentioned before are mere nothing compared to the true beings. these beings are so transended they are beyond such things such as conciousness. Azathoth as an omnipotent being probably just ignores everything else as everything before him is basically nothing and a mere part of his "dream" which is also a metaphor of what is actually all of totality. dont forget, all is one in Azathoth, even Yog-sothoth.

for all intents and purposes and for what i can tell he is probably the most "clear" omnipotent in popular fiction. literally i dont see anything that contradicts his omnipotence.

ahhh, it's true that it cant be proven but Azathoth warrents the "possibly omnipotent" the most out of all the other tier 0s

I think one of the main problems is that omnipotents is more a matter of "faith" than it is feats. A character could destroy all of reality, every fictional and real universe that exists, and that still wouldn't necessarily prove they're omnipotent. They'd have to personally reveal it to you, and since all the feats of fictional characters are being portrayed by 3-Dimensional humans who are not omnipotent...they're kind of incapable of doing that.

.....but that's me just spouting nonsense.

Probably not sentient in the way we are, but another form of transcendence. Thing is with these beings is that we cannot even comprehend them, that's why I think lovecraft has the closest or "best" approach to such concepts and ideas.

Will he was afraid of everything that he wasn't familiar with to the extreme, a result of this fear was his rascim to towards other people including "non-civilized whites". This of course is the greatest fear known to man, ironically the fear of the unknown and the unknown is by principle something you cannot comprehend which correlates with the concept of omnipotence and these monstrosities. Added to that he was a really good writer but was really bad at dialogue writer due to his societal isolation.

The Call of Cthulhu is pretty good. You could also try Through the Gates of the Silver Key. It is my favorite, but kind of dense, even by Lovecraft standards.

I think its the first. Usually it doesn't have that much jargon, and there are not that many infodumps. The ones that do exists, might be boring to some but I think they are really interesting.

Final Godzilla E said:
Kind of off topic, But someone knows a Lovecraft book good to start with the franchise?
The dreamed quest for the hidden Kadath

The name is something like that, and in my opinion it's the best one.

Tony di bugalu said:
Final Godzilla E said:
Kind of off topic, But someone knows a Lovecraft book good to start with the franchise?
The dreamed quest for the hidden Kadath
The name is something like that, and in my opinion it's the best one.
What is it about? I know that the "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" is about Yog-Sothoth, Or am I wrong?

Back