• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wind Blown Free: Modern Sonic [Vol. 1, Pt. 4 (Finale) - Sonic Revision Series]

Question, where does Super Sonic's "passive ability" to make minor enemies (badniks and the like) "die" when touch him fall in?
I can see how you'd interpret it that way. After all, enemies dies by simply walking into him even when Super is idle, Hyper form causes enemies to spontaneously combust with his double jump, and the Pramount movie which iirc was worked on with officials had a Super Sonic that caused whatever it touched to explode. I'd hold onto that thought for another thread and look into it in the meantime.

I still have some work to finish here (I was distracted by IRL matters) but by the end of the day I should have completed most (if not all) of the nec2essaru changes stemmed from both this thread and finishing it for myself

I still have some work to finish here (I was distracted by IRL matters) but by the end of the day I should have completed most (if not all) of the nec2essaru changes stemmed from both this thread and finishing it for myself
No worries. Did you add the resistances to Law and Causality Manipulation?

Tails mentions the law defying force field when first arriving at Starfall, and the Sage scene is on one of the Rhea towers.
I've made an Imgur bundle with these scans. Any suggestions on how to phrase this in Sonic's Resistances?

Additionally, would you have any screencaps of The End's JP dialogue?

For Causality Manipulation, why not say something alongside the lines of: "Was able to defeat The End despite the later's ability to manipulate the laws of the world to the bottom of causality. Sonic was also stated by Sage to transcend causality."?

I know the second part kind of sucks compared to the first part but it's mainly because I'm trying to figure out if Sage's statement of Sonic transcending causality is due to him defying Sage's expectations despite Sage performing many calculations and concluded that Sonic would fail. It's been a hot second since I played Sonic Frontiers so if I'm wrong about the Sage point then kindly correct me

For Causality Manipulation, why not say something alongside the lines of: "Was able to defeat The End despite the later's ability to manipulate the laws of the world to the bottom of causality. Sonic was also stated by Sage to transcend causality."?
Excellent start, you gave me the basis I needed. I'm gonna avoid repeating resistance to Law Manip so I'll just use Causality stuff. "Resistance to Causality Manipulation (Upon Sage witnessing Sonic fighting against his corruption while scaling the towers of Rhea Island, she alluded to his actions as an attempt to transcend causality. Was ultimately able to defeat The End despite the latter's ability to manipulate the laws of the world to the bottom of causality)"
I know the second part kind of sucks compared to the first part but it's mainly because I'm trying to figure out if Sage's statement of Sonic transcending causality is due to him defying Sage's expectations despite Sage performing many calculations and concluded that Sonic would fail. It's been a hot second since I played Sonic Frontiers so if I'm wrong about the Sage point then kindly correct me
That's what it's implying for certain, yes. Thanks for the assist!

@ShakeResounding No problem, mate. Though as a potential FYI, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make mention of how intelligent Sage is as an AI and her calculations so the resistance explains why Sonic going against Sage's calculations is supplementary evidence towards Causality Manipulation resistance.

You know mainly because Sage is the combination of Eggman coding and the Ancients' Cyber Space, which even for a genius like Eggman is beyond quantification, and has the capacity to perform millions of calculations in a short amount of time yet Sonic defied said expectations

I've made an Imgur bundle with these scans. Any suggestions on how to phrase this in Sonic's Resistances?

Additionally, would you have any screencaps of The End's JP dialogue?

Since Sonic resisted TE's causality manipulation which transcends time and space, would that make his resistance 4-D?

Since when did the causality manip transcend time? Pretty sure that The End saying Sonic transcending time negated it should mean the manipulation exists below time.

Since when did the causality manip transcend time? Pretty sure that The End saying Sonic transcending time negated it should mean the manipulation exists below time.
That's what I saw in the sandbox for Sonic resisting causality manipulation

Actually speaking of resistances, shouldn't Super Sonic have full on Corruption resistance as opposed to limited resistance like Base? Every time Sonic went Super, even on Chaos Island, the effects that the Cyber Corruption was having on Sonic seemed to go away for as long as he was Super. And I think even in cutscenes, Super Sonic didn't show the corruption effecting him after beating Knight.

Last edited:
Sorry about my delay with finishing and applying this, folks. Life got a bit hectic for me, but I'll be finishing the final adjustments over the course of my free time today and maybe tomorrow.

Sorry about my delay with finishing and applying this, folks. Life got a bit hectic for me, but I'll be finishing the final adjustments over the course of my free time today and maybe tomorrow.
No worries!

Also:
Since Sonic resisted TE's causality manipulation which transcends time and space, would that make his resistance 4-D?
To quote the sandbox, The End "referred to [Sonic's] actions as something that transcends time and space[67]"

Actually speaking of resistances, shouldn't Super Sonic have full on Corruption resistance as opposed to limited resistance like Base? Every time Sonic went Super, even on Chaos Island, the effects that the Cyber Corruption was having on Sonic seemed to go away for as long as he was Super. And I think even in cutscenes, Super Sonic didn't show the corruption effecting him after beating Knight.
@ShakeResounding I wanted to requote this for ya if you didn't see it earlier, what do you think of Super Sonic having full resistance to Corruption?

I agree with it
Cool, though if you don't mind I wanted to elaborate a bit more because I wrote that comment on mobile and I tend to not put a whole lot of thought into my mobile messages. So basically even when Sonic was really starting to suffer the effects of Cyber Corruption once he rescued Tails on Chaos Island and absorbed his prison, he was shown perfectly fine and healthy while as Super Sonic, especially in the cutscene afterwards after the boss fight with Knight where Sonic is all fine and dandy while talking to Tails. So this suggests that while as Super Sonic, or more accurately the energy from the Chaos Emeralds, held off the corruption even in its later stages.

Therefore if you were to write down a justification for Corruption Resistance, this is what I would write down: "Despite his corruption worsening throughout the events of Sonic Frontiers, Sonic was shown perfectly fine and healthy while as Super Sonic." or something along those lines, though we should note that Sonic's resistance only holds off corruption and not actually remove it.

Shouldn’t this mean that Sonic himself is 4-D rather than the hax.
I'm ngl, I was actually internally debating whether this meant Sonic gained Acausality Type 4 or not because of Frontiers' JP dialogue. Especially when Sonic says he's going to "break the chains of fate" right before fighting The End. The JP dialogue with The End also seems very Acausality-indicative.

I think this would warrant a nice discussion in the Sonic General Discussion thread and I take all the credit for this, for future record

Last edited:
Any time, man! That's definitely what I spent the most time on throughout this revision, that and the references lol. Besides, nothing you haven't done!

I'd finally gotten the free time last night to continue sorting out the massive Notable Attacks/Techniques section, and I'll be continuing again right now. Since this has likely gotten enough support to be accepted, I'll return to the thread once I'm ready to apply the revision.

Thank you all for your patience. 🙂

Back