• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread 3: Son of Taro (With Galaxy Fight on it)

Right folks, welcome to the new Ultra Series Discussion Thread! Here we can discuss anything from this franchise, from the franchise related to vs debate related. Before we proceed, opinion for Taiga so far? The series almost entering MoS to EoS so let's discuss it out

And so let's begin!!! (Sadly no OP pic for now lel)

Annnd followed.

Tregear is haxxy boi confirmed.

• Mind Manipulation
  • Teleportation
  • Portal Creation (On himself, and others, forcefully if need be)
  • Soul Manipulation (Corruption mostly)

As it is now, it's definitely better than R/B. The second half has been interesting so far.

I like how they're finally utilizing the quartet dynamic that they have seemingly been advertising before the series started.

Kirisaki is an asshat, but I'd really like to see where else he'll take his plans.

Agree that Taiga is better than R/B, R/B still good comparing to the previous series tho

Also Taiga Tri-Storium aside its debut also really sick looking

I'd argue that it's not, but you do you.

Haven't really gotten to Episode 16 yet, but I should be able to later.

Just thought I'd add this, too, but seemed like a shame you guys deleted your Discord.

while i may have more bias for R/B for it being my first full Ultra series and the gimmick not focusing solely on nostalgia, i like R/B more over Taiga in my opinion. R/B set in stone the brothers working together as well as family values at the beginning and a bit over, and it's establishment of the brothers and Aizen Tech being the focus was good story telling.

compared to the beginning of Taiga, where we are just put up with the defense team E.G.I.S. without good enough build up. the main character doesn't feel real (although i liked his arc with the Alien Nackle a lot) with his unconvincing acting, and i feel Titas and Fuma don't get enough interaction or prominence outside of switching for the monster at hand (which is a good tid bit, plus Titas being my favorite of the Tri-Squad). E.G.I.S. definitely have their moments & i finally understand their whole shtick of making Earth more accomodating for aliens, and Tregear is entertaining and i hope he makes a good high-stakes finale, but i wish the intro wasn't as quick (that just keeps popping up in my head due to how weird it was) and i wish Titas, Fuma, and Hiroyuki improve. hearing Hiroyuki unenthusiastically yell "Hero of Light, Taiga" every time he transforms will always get me.

and where are you guys watching Taiga? i'm on ********* and it only has up to 11.

Mr.Cutlery said:
I'd argue that it's not, but you do you.
Haven't really gotten to Episode 16 yet, but I should be able to later.

Just thought I'd add this, too, but seemed like a shame you guys deleted your Discord.
oh I deleted it back in February due to it being useless since nobody talked on it and that I went through a micro internet-securiy phase

@Prehistorich

Interesting. Like usual, I'd argue that thematically and with its overall storytelling, Taiga has so far, done much better. But I won't. Still, you haven't touched on R/B's second half yet.

@Sun

Yeah, 's why I thought it was a shame. Because apparently the wiki has their own too. That's as far as I can say about because I don't want to come out as advertising.

does ultraman legend and greeza have existence eraser cause ultraman legend attack can vaporize his opponent with no trace of them behind or atleast in the game

and greeza have existence eraser combine with absorb

So far, seems that only Greeza has at least an indication of having that power.

With Legend, I'm not really sure if we should outright consider it Existence Erasure.

Mr.Cutlery said:
So far, seems that only Greeza has at least an indication of having that power.

With Legend, I'm not really sure if we should outright consider it Existence Erasure.
yeah but his attack is like ultraman version of hakai it even stated that it will completely destroy the opponent and can't be block and douge

Unfortunately, despite what is said about it, the technique is overall still very vague. Not to mention, there's no canon portrayals of the ability plus no official sources truly confirming what it can do.

Legend's finisher should probably be an OHK, but then again we only see him do that in Ultraman FE3 so if a page for Legend is ever made then a key would separate Movie Legend and Game Legend

SunDaGamer said:
Legend's finisher should probably be an OHK, but then again we only see him do that in Ultraman FE3 so if a page for Legend is ever made then a key would separate Movie Legend and Game Legend
yeah but we should also put immunity to absorb since not even bemstar and Gan Q can absorb them

Hey guys, weird thought, but do you think we could possibly use KE on Gransphere? I mean, it's never really known whether it has a mass or not.

But on the off-chance that it may have actually -somehow- retained the mass of all the planets its absorbed... then don't you think it's possible to find KE for it? I mean, given we have a reasonable timeframe, of course.

hey guy

in a festival there is this place where people will act

i think it is call ultra festivel expo 2018

there is this since where belial show his flash back where he suprize attack king and absorb his power should we put belial at low 2-C with power absorb

Mr.Cutlery said:
Yeah, I saw a picture about it. Still, while it makes for a solid tier bump, isn't it canonically debatable?
but still no one change belial profile since belial final form was able to beat zero beyond so he is lãí 2-c in that form

Belial defeating Zero Beyond wouldn't really amount to much, since it would likely cause backwards scaling. Belial Atrocious is Low 2-C via having absorbed enough of King's energy to the point where the universe is destabilized, and can potentially kill King as a result.

As for the delay with all the upgrades? I'm really sorry, but I just haven't found time to contribute to more of it.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Belial defeating Zero Beyond wouldn't really amount to much, since it would likely cause backwards scaling. Belial Atrocious is Low 2-C via having absorbed enough of King's energy to the point where the universe is destabilized, and can potentially kill King as a result.

As for the delay with all the upgrades? I'm really sorry, but I just haven't found time to contribute to more of it.
Should we ad resistant to eraser forbultraman x or at least for his color timer since it was absorb by greaza but it was still there

Mr.Cutlery said:

Should we put a new weakness for king as well

All far as i see ultraman can't form his body if he lost too much energy ; at least from my theory That would explane why geed have to release some energy from the king capsule for him to have his body back

The ultraman expo also show that king is not immune to energy absorb

I think that weakness is already covered in that despite having the energy to perform such a feat, if he is forced to merge with a universe, he will lose consciousness.

Also, isn't using the Ultraman Expo a little debatable? I'm not sure how well they align with canon, since I haven't seen much of them, but yeah.

Mr.Cutlery said:
I think that weakness is already covered in that despite having the energy to perform such a feat, if he is forced to merge with a universe, he will lose consciousness.

Also, isn't using the Ultraman Expo a little debatable? I'm not sure how well they align with canon, since I haven't seen much of them, but yeah.
Well it did happen after ultraman geed

So yeah we should put it in

No, I mean the Ultra Heroes Expo, while they do take in cues from the series' plots, they don't follow what exactly happens. For example, In R/B's expo, Orb Dark was shown to return post-series, but that has not happened. This means that ultimately, the events there are debatable, at best.

Sorry for the late response.

Mr.Cutlery said:
No, I mean the Ultra Heroes Expo, while they do take in cues from the series' plots, they don't follow what exactly happens. For example, In R/B's expo, Orb Dark was shown to return post-series, but that has not happened. This means that ultimately, the events there are debatable, at best.

Sorry for the late response.
Does ultraman 80 have intangible negative cause ultraman 80 kill hoe in his ep who have the ability to be intangible Hoe's body is intangible to any projectile attacks that could harm him Yet 80 was able to kill it with his buckle beam

Mr.Cutlery said:
Yes. I believe this was already accepted long ago during Thread 1.
Also we should also put existent eraser resistent for ultraman x since his color timer still there after it got absorb by greeza

Unfortunately, we can't. I thought it was implied in-show and revealed in magazines that he ejected his Color Timer in order to save Daichi.

Mr.Cutlery said:
Unfortunately, we can't. I thought it was implied in-show and revealed in magazines that he ejected his Color Timer in order to save Daichi.
Um no it didn't stat in the ep and can you give me the scan of the magazine please

I'm sorry, I can't exactly do it in mobile which is what I'm limited to at this moment. Try asking the other supporters. If they're still available, of course.

Mr.Cutlery said:
I'm sorry, I can't exactly do it in mobile which is what I'm limited to at this moment. Try asking the other supporters. If they're still available, of course.
Yeah but even in the ep 21 we still see greeza absorb ultraman x even his color timer We only see it again after greeza explode

Mr.Cutlery said:
I mean the wiki said

Exceed X left, he dashed in and performed a kamikaze attack by self-destructing with Greeza, leaving his Color Timer intact

Which mean x have some resistance against it

Mr.Cutlery said:
I just go asking and it seem that he didn't eject it more like it was the only thing survive => x have resistance against it

Back