• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Men Film Series General Discussion Thread

What caused this shockwave?
According to Chris Claremont a fundamental breakdown in space-time
Jean bared her teeth and pushed herself to her knees, bracing one foot under her as she struggled upright, the raw emotion on her face in stark contrast to the total absence of any on Scott’s.

The nimbus around her changed aspect as she fought, creating a suggestion more of fire than light and the sense of wings flaring outward from her back—not so much like an angel, although that would be an easy and understandable mistake. This was more akin to some predatory bird, a raptor, rising to the attack.

Between them though, the very fabric of reality twisted under their combined onslaught. Cyclops’ power was considerable, but ultimately it was tangible. He actually had limits. So did Jean, but where his were physical, hers were solely of her imagination and of her will. She took a halting step forward, pushing with her thoughts as well as her body, and cheered to herself as she moved Scott’s optic blasts back toward him.

Her triumph was short-lived. These two combatants weren’t the only elements in this battle with limits. The same applied to the physical world that lay between them. They were battling each other on levels from the paranuclear to the subatomic, and as Jean’s resistance surged to new and unexpected levels, as the energies employed increased exponentially, the heat and pressures they unleashed triggered an equal and opposite reaction. In effect, they created a molecular protostar, a localized version of the Big Bang.

For a fraction of a nanosecond, a time so small it was virtually immeasurable, they had a taste of creation. Luckily for them and for their world, the fabric of reality—already weakened by their struggle—tore wide open under this incredible onslaught, allowing the bulk of the energies to vent into some other, wholly unfortunate plane of existence. All the two combatants were aware of was an impossible radiance that reduced the brightness of the noonday sun to the level of a very dim bulb, and an explosion more impressive in every respect than one of Storm’s pet thunderclaps.

The concussion sent both of them flying. Scott, dazed and shaken, went skidding and tumbling along the floor for pretty much the length of the room. Jean wasn’t so fortunate. Her flight was shorter, her landing harder, and she cried out as her leg caught on a corner of pipe and snapped like a dry branch.

The effects of the explosion radiated outward from the source, making themselves felt in every corner of the complex. The generator room itself shook like it was in the middle of an earthquake, the big machines rattling and groaning as they tried to cope with stresses that pushed the limits of their design specs. Dust and more fell from the ceiling, and off in the distance there was a resounding clang as a stretch of iron railing gave way. High up in the shadows, unnoticed, a seam opened in the wall . . .

. . . and water began to leak through.
X-Men 2 Novelization, pages 217-218

For a fraction of a nanosecond, a time so small it was virtually immeasurable
That's interesting, probably not, but can that timeframe be used for other similar feats? Specifically these:
Time then lost meaning for her, perception stretching it like taffy as long as she needed. The others had seen her eager and radiant smile, her sparkling eyes, the tilt of her head as she found herself lost in wonderment, encompassing perhaps a fraction of a moment of elapsed objective time. By contrast, Jean could have sworn she was engrossed for hours.
And with those words, he cast forth into the heart of her the very best of himself, only a fraction of an unmeasurable pulse of time before she struck what remained of his body with such force that it instantly shattered into less than its component atoms.
If not, I accept other suggestions since right now I would not know how to calculate them

That's interesting, probably not, but can that timeframe be used for other similar feats?
No. While you can get a timeframe, the statements come from novelizations with massive hyperbolic and high end statements. They really shouldn't be used for anything like a serious universal speed upgrade.

No. While you can get a timeframe, the statements come from novelizations with massive hyperbolic and high end statements. They really shouldn't be used for anything like a serious universal speed upgrade.
I guessed it, so what timeframe would be reasonable to calculate those feats, or they are directly useless for that reason? And it would only scale to Phoenix Jean Grey

Does this qualify as Danmaku?
So taking a look at the danmaku page, it specifically calls the ability creating projectiles whereas Magneto is just drawing them from the environment here, that could have just not been a situation that was taken into account when creating the page tho
And besides that i don't really see an issue with him getting it

Is it possible that Jean could have a "possibly Class Y with Telekinesis"?
The most the statement gives Jean is that her TK > Magneto's Magnetic Manipulation. Magneto hasn't lifted a planet and "weight of a planet" is a common hyperbolic statement.

And it makes sense considering that Jean can also discorporate the planet with her Telekinesis
Over an unknown period of time. Just because you can lift a one pound weight a thousand times doesn't mean you can lift a thousand pound weight once.

Wait what exactly is happening, do we need to make a crt?
Yes. We need a couple more evaluations and we can make the CRT.

I literally just got power back again, the last two days we've had big power outages due to the volume of weather we've been getting (power was literally off for 8 hours over the night until like an hour ago)
Oof. Hopefully things get better.

Bump? I don't want to make a CRT for it to be insta rejected
Well, no. Magneto gets his rating from total KE generated from lifting a large object. For her to scale you would have to prove that Magneto can propel small objects with the exact same amount of force.

Well, no. Magneto gets his rating from total KE generated from lifting a large object. For her to scale you would have to prove that Magneto can propel small objects with the exact same amount of force.
Well, in that case I will have to wait for someone to calculate the destruction of Auschwitz, if that ever happens, since it doesn't relies on KE

I'm still ******* bummed out that the X-Men Origins Wolverine game profile still has no profiles to speak of.

The Sentinels and Weapon XI would've wielded some baller values.

I'm still ******* bummed out that the X-Men Origins Wolverine game profile still has no profiles to speak of.

The Sentinels and Weapon XI would've wielded some baller values.
Have you tried calcing some feats for that game?

The Sentinel Feat could prove interesting, but I'd need its height and mass first. Anyone got artbooks or other sources for that?

You know what? Never mind, we have that.

xmow-sentinel.jpg

NVM, this is really easy. The art already states the Sentinel to be 150 ft tall or 45.72 m. Just a wee bit smaller than my pixel-scaled value.

That being said...

Wolvie would've been at least 200 lb or 90.7185 kg during X-Men Origins Wolverine's filming, we don't need his adamantium skeleton for this. He's 1.88 meters.

Mass: 90.7185 * (45.72/1.88)^3 = 1304791.07705 kg

We ain't done yet, this is flesh weight. Sentinel is most definitely made of steel. We need volume first. Flesh density be 1000 kg/m^3

Volume: 1304791.07705 / 1000 = 1304.79107705 m^3.

Steel density varies between 7750 - 8050 kg/m^3, so average is 7900 kg/m^3. Military-grade steel has the same density so I won't bother with that.

Actual mass: 1304.79107705 * 7900 = 10307849.5087 kg

PE time. Because this thing can jump well beyond its height and tank its own falls. With ease. Wolvie can survive it falling directly on him.

PE = mgh

PE = 10307849.5087 * 9.81 * 45.72 = 4.62320656827e+9 J or 1.1049729 tons of TNT (8-C, Building level)

NVM, this is really easy. The art already states the Sentinel to be 150 ft tall or 45.72 m. Just a wee bit smaller than my pixel-scaled value.

That being said...

Wolvie would've been at least 200 lb or 90.7185 kg during X-Men Origins Wolverine's filming, we don't need his adamantium skeleton for this. He's 1.88 meters.

Mass: 90.7185 * (45.72/1.88)^3 = 1304791.07705 kg

We ain't done yet, this is flesh weight. Sentinel is most definitely made of steel. We need volume first. Flesh density be 1000 kg/m^3

Volume: 1304791.07705 / 1000 = 1304.79107705 m^3.

Steel density varies between 7750 - 8050 kg/m^3, so average is 7900 kg/m^3. Military-grade steel has the same density so I won't bother with that.

Actual mass: 1304.79107705 * 7900 = 10307849.5087 kg

PE time. Because this thing can jump well beyond its height and tank its own falls. With ease. Wolvie can survive it falling directly on him.

PE = mgh

PE = 10307849.5087 * 9.81 * 45.72 = 4.62320656827e+9 J or 1.1049729 tons of TNT (8-C, Building level)
Nice, can it upscale to 8-C+?

PE = mgh

I think for that you would just use a free fall calculator to get a KE speed.

For Wolverine though you would need to divide his area by the foot's area. Since he's smaller than the Sentinel and wouldn't be receiving all of the energy.

FI think for that you would just use a free fall calculator to get a KE speed.
The Splat Freefall calculator uses PE.

For Wolverine though you would need to divide his area by the foot's area. Since he's smaller than the Sentinel and wouldn't be receiving all of the energy.
Not if you're being rammed straight down into the ground. A similar meteor debacle was made for the MCU Iron Man meteor feat. DT said if the meteor slammed you into solid ground, surface area wouldn't matter, but rather the amount of destruction caused, as long as it looked big enough visually, it'd do. You'd scale to the full yield in that case. Kinda the same like car crashes into a wall.

Ultimately it wouldn't matter, he can still damage the thing and people can routinely block and parry his attacks.

Last edited:
Back