• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

I’m asking questions here.

Both Marvel and DC have a equally long massive history that are bound to have retcons. DC recently had a cosmology split. So will marvel will have or not?
Some people want to split it.
But marvel dosen't have eras like DC like some people like to think it does.
The closest it has is pre-retcon and post-retcon and even that is just retconing certain characters lore and origin and not cosmology.

yes for dc cosmology it's easy to break into eras but classic and current are available in marvel. so cosmology is updated rather than separated. especially people like ewing changed the current cosmology a lot compared to the past. For Marvel, dividing into eras is absurd.

Last edited:
Transcending informed me on discord that someone close to Deagon will make a blog regarding a cosmology split, and it isnt Eras, its flat out Writers and stuff.
Writters? That seems impossible, characters change writters a lot sometimes they stay for like 4/5 issues and change making a key for each of them is gonna be impossible.

It doesn't seem impossible since some of the writers that impact Marvel Cosmology has written for about 5 years at best.
So that wouldnt be like DC. You are talking about splitting cosmology but not each character, In DC when a reboot happens all characters are rebooted but here if you split parts of it it might only affect Eternity or beyonders, but no one else would change, like earthly like heroes they will remain the same.

And all of them are using one cosmology.
Just constantly retconning each other.

If there is a thread to talk about that i will give it a read but for me seems not a good ideia, the reason why Marvel and DC are so inconsistent in power level is because they have multiple writters that have different interpretations, if we were to split cosmology might as well just add a key for each writter for every character.

If there is a thread to talk about that i will give it a read but for me seems not a good ideia, the reason why Marvel and DC are so inconsistent in power level is because they have multiple writters that have different interpretations, if we were to slip cosmology might as well just add a key for each writter for every character.
Like what? Give me at least 5 examples

And all of them are using one cosmology.
No, there are differences.
TOAA name is different but we all know that he is taking about TOAA. And The entire cosmology might be higher than 1-A

If there is a thread to talk about that i will give it a read but for me seems not a good ideia, the reason why Marvel and DC are so inconsistent in power level is because they have multiple writters that have different interpretations, if we were to split cosmology might as well just add a key for each writter for every character.
Exactly

No, there are differences.
TOAA name is different but we all know that he is taking about TOAA. And The entire cosmology might be higher than 1-A

Exactly
Like? Show them please.

Having a different name means nothing.

Marvel cosmology is absolutely higher that just 1-A.

For what? The retcons? You can just search here all the threads where Beyonders, celestials Galactus himself, phoenix all of which change power levels because of a bunch of retcons.
Retcons have no impact on the cosmology at all. The only thing that changes are power levels, orgin and lore for SOME characters while others staying the same.

Having a different name means nothing.
I know. That's why I said we all know that the only person called the Creator/God/Divine in Marvel is The One Above All
Marvel cosmology is absolutely higher that just 1-A.
But VsBattles Marvel Comics says otherwise. That's why we need evidence to prove they are higher than 1-A.
Like? Show them please
That's a lot of work 🙂

Retcons have no impact on the cosmology at all. The only thing that changes are power levels, orgin and lore for SOME characters while others staying the same.
They affect the cosmology, they affect the ones in power, thats why there were multiple threads about Marvel's dimensions, different writters say different things one is calling something a multiverse to what other calls a omniverse.

They affect the cosmology, they affect the ones in power, thats why there were multiple threads about Marvel's dimensions, different writters say different things one is calling something a multiverse to what other calls a omniverse.
In Marvel the words like Multiverse and Omniverse are constantly interchangeable terms.

Sometimes the word Multiverse can be reffering to a single universe, like 616. It all depends on context of the story.
Exacly, the problem is there are multiple times where the context is not clear and we have to make assumptions since the writter doesnt know the wiki requirements or terms.

Exacly, the problem is there are multiple times where the context is not clear and we have to make assumptions since the writter doesnt know the wiki requirements or terms.
That's because marvel isn't made for vs debates, you know, like most other verses in fiction.

Multi Eternity is sometimes called Multiverse and sometimes Omniverse.

The word "Multiverse" in Marvel isn't just one specific place.

That's because marvel isn't made for vs debates, you know, like most other verses in fiction.

Multi Eternity is sometimes called Multiverse and sometimes Omniverse.

The word "Multiverse" in Marvel isn't just one specific place.
Like i said its a problem this wiki is not official but is profiling and the wiki has standards to make it "fair" for every verse.
One author could easily refer a single universe as an omniverse by the wiki standards that doesnt qualify but if we were to just take the word of the author, but the real problem is multiply that for dozens of writters and you have Marvel and DC

Like i said its a problem this wiki is not official but is profiling and the wiki has standards to make it "fair" for every verse.
One author could easily refer a single universe as an omniverse by the wiki standards that doesnt qualify but if we were to just take the word of the author, but the real problem is multiply that for dozens of writters and you have Marvel and DC
I don't understand what you're trying to say. I am just saying Context matters. That's literally it. And the word not being consistent over a 90 years of comics isn't a good reason for a cosmology split either.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I am just saying Context matters. That's literally it. And the word not being consistent over a 90 years of comics isn't a good reason for a cosmology split either.
I think i let clear that i dont agree with the split.

I think i let clear that i dont agree with the split.
Oh, i read the whole conversation again and i completely misunderstood what you where saying 💀

I thought you disagreed with me. But reading it back i agree with you.

Now she can kills Kriptonians easy

kVkDkwI.jpg

******* hell. Wakanda is an intergalactic empire now.
And I believe the mutants has created mysterium which became the new universal currency for all intelligent races in the universe.

And yet, they are still discriminated somehow when they should be rich af and could buy earth ten times over.

Back