• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

couldn't this be explained by Marvel comics cosmology being bigger than the MCU's multiverse
It could, potentially.

The thing with the Marvel omniverse is that portions of multiverses can overlap into larger structures.
Yeah but that would still mean at the very least that the MCU Multiverse is different from the standard set of universes that Earth-616 is considered a part of.

I mean, according to DC, Marvel is out there in the Overvoid somewhere, and so is He-Man.

The MCU universe being called 616 is one of the greatest blunders in cinematic writing Marvel has made to date. I can't even imagine what was going through their minds when they made that scene.
It's more a reference and different categorisation system than anything else, but I'd argue that's not the biggest blunder.

I think a bigger blunder is that they tampered with the Celestials too much. Galactus' cosmic purpose is to devour planets so that races are forced to evolve and new life/planets can be created. While the Celestials did seed planets for experimentation in the original comics, this new interpretation makes a hypothetical MCU Galactus way less unique unless they decide to completely forgo one of the most iconic parts of his character.
Yeah but that would still mean at the very least that the MCU Multiverse is different from the standard set of universes that Earth-616 is considered a part of.
That's what I mean, basically. They're related, but not necessarily the same set of probabilities.

Galactus' cosmic purpose is to devour planets so that races are forced to evolve, and new life/planets can be created. While the Celestials did seed planets for experimentation in the original comics, this new interpretation makes a hypothetical MCU Galactus way less unique unless they decide to completely forgo one of the most iconic parts of his character.
Did the Celestials devour planets? I'm fuzzy as its been a while since I saw Eternals.

They didn't devour planets.

Conversely, they create planets, stars, galaxies, etc. But they have to seed planets with new Celestials, destroying the old ones to make more room for life.

Ahh, well I think Galactus is still unique enough in that regard. As to the aspect of him doing so to force races to evolve, I honestly didn't know that about him even being a comics fan so I am not sure other people are going to know that lol.

They go into it during Reed Richards' trial and, to a lesser extent, Galactus the Devourer.

Even death admits he's at least as important as her in the grand scheme of things.

They go into it during Reed Richards' trial and, to a lesser extent, Galactus the Devourer.

Even death admits he's at least as important as her in the grand scheme of things.
That's pretty cool. I wonder if we'll see Death in the MCU. It looks like we're going to spend the next year or two focusing on Kang so I dont see it happening soon.

Anyone here know why Captain Mar-Vell has sub relativistic speed on his second and third keys? They had different explainations for them but at one point they were erased and there is nothing left but the tier stayed.

On a semi-related note the fact that MCU characters have relativistic speeds is absolutely wild to me.

Very poor that Captain Marvel has a stated feat of having traveled 2000 light years?
I don't really understand what your question is. Regardless, we can literally see how fast everyone moves and they are very clearly not moving particularly fast.

Thats a very poor accusation we all know fiction time works different
Do we? I completely disagree with assuming we're seeing some ridiculously slowed down version of what's actually happening in Marvel movies. This isn't like an animated adaptation of a manga where the time between events is up to interpretation.

Based on their current speeds we treat basically everyone as though they could statue an actual bullet in mid air. This is definitely not the case. Iron Man's suits can't fly at near light speed.

Do we? I completely disagree with assuming we're seeing some ridiculously slowed down version of what's actually happening in Marvel movies. This isn't like an animated adaptation of a manga where the time between events is up to interpretation.

Based on their current speeds we treat basically everyone as though they could statue an actual bullet in mid air. This is definitely not the case. Iron Man's suits can't fly at near light speed.
While i can see where you're coming from, the feats are too consistent

I did make the same argument for some asteroids and ships in the Clone Wars that had weird assumptions attached to them, but I feel this is different because it wouldn't be fun cinema if characters who can canonically outmanoeuvre bullets and entry/exit velocity stuff were zipping around at FTE speeds.

That's not to say there aren't blatant anti-feats, though.

It's the same reason why comic spider man isn't subsonic even though he's been shot idk how many times, he just has too many feats showing otherwise

You disagree but you also have no prove for that.

I did make the same argument for some asteroids and ships in the Clone Wars that had weird assumptions attached to them, but I feel this is different because it wouldn't be fun cinema if characters who can canonically outmanoeuvre bullets and entry/exit velocity stuff were zipping around at FTE speeds.
In addition, we literally know that isn't the case. Quicksilver was faster than everyone, but he perceived bullets as moving in slow motion. We currently consider all of the Avengers who fought Thanos as being able to blitz Quicksilver. It is absolutely ridiculous.

In addition, we literally know that isn't the case. Quicksilver was faster than everyone, but he perceived bullets as moving in slow motion. We currently consider all of the Avengers who fought Thanos as being able to blitz Quicksilver. It is absolutely ridiculous.
A whole lot weaker Thor, Captain Marvel wasnt even there, Captain America worthy.
Quicksilver is supposed to be a speedster but Wanda was MFTL+ too in the comics but also has hard time dealing with him moving around sound speed

We can see how fast DCEU Superman and Kratos move, so let's downgrade them from Sub-Relativistc/Relativistic and FTL/Infinite speed
DCEU has actual scenes where he statues the other members of the Justice League. The only MCU character who ever did that was Quicksilver, and he is currently treated as slower than Scarlet Witch and Thanos by a huge degree.

DCEU has actual scenes where he statues the other members of the Justice League. The only MCU character who ever did that was Quicksilver, and he is currently treated as slower than Scarlet Witch and Thanos by a huge degree.
Zack Snyther and his likings towards making a movie longer by slowing down everything. MArvel doesnt want to do the same

I wasn't arguing against it, and some of the characters you're speaking of are bullet timers.

A whole lot weaker Thor, Captain Marvel wasnt even there, Captain America worthy.
Quicksilver is supposed to be a speedster but Wanda was MFTL+ too in the comics but also has hard time dealing with him moving around sound speed
It doesn't matter. The point is that we are given a very clear idea of how fast these characters are supposed to be, and currently treating them as millions of times faster than that based on really ridiculous calculations. Thor has been an Asgardian warrior for centuries, yet somehow he was as slow as a normal human until magically he gets somewhat stronger and now he's close to the speed of light?

Oh, and Iron Man couldn't make a suit that much faster than a normal jet until one day he magically creates one that is relativistic?

Apparently if Doctor Strange showed up in the first Avengers movie, he would've speed blitzed everyone, because he can fight at Relativistic Speeds but no one else can.

I wasn't arguing against it, and some of the characters you're speaking of are bullet timers.
There's a real big difference between bullet timing and moving at relativistic speeds.

I'm not talking about rel characters, though (they're not even scaled to those people directly), just your Quicksilver argument.

I'm not talking about rel characters, though (they're not even scaled to those people directly), just your Quicksilver argument.
My point is more that we are given an idea of what "fast" looks like compared to the Avengers, and it's nothing remotely close to relativistic speeds.

Oh, come the **** on now
Oh get over it. This isn't even a CRT. God forbid I disagree with treating characters with objectively normal human speeds as moving faster than lightning.

It doesn't matter. The point is that we are given a very clear idea of how fast these characters are supposed to be, and currently treating them as millions of times faster than that based on really ridiculous calculations. Thor has been an Asgardian warrior for centuries, yet somehow he was as slow as a normal human until magically he gets somewhat stronger and now he's faster than light?
Thor was reflecting Tony's blats with his hammer while the cam wasnt slowed down, the kree and Thanos ships blasts were moving at least above sonic speeds the cam didnt slowed down
Oh, and Iron Man couldn't make a suit that much faster than a normal jet until one day he magically creates one that is relativistic?
Technology you know.
Apparently if Doctor Strange showed up in the first Avengers movie, he would've speed blitzed everyone, because he can fight at Relativistic Speeds but no one else can.
MAgic you know
There's a real big difference between bullet timing and moving at relativistic speeds.
In fiction there isnt

To be fair though, that was phase 2, and characters clearly became faster and stronger.

That's kinda what the Ancient One did to Hulk.
somewhat stronger
A lot stronger you mean?
Man invented time travel in a day so sure.

Oh get over it. This isn't even a CRT. God forbid I disagree with treating characters with objectively normal human speeds as moving faster than lightning
artworks-kHMR0G2fywqsgUsj-Dps0Ng-t500x500.jpg

Back