• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

He should be likely Supergenius. He should be smarter than most earthly character and possibly on same level as Reed.
In theory perhaps, but much like with Moon Girl and the High Evolutionary it is an informed ability rather than actual intelligence feats of a level remotely approaching Doom and Reed.

The most common tests have a ceiling of 160, one of them has a ceiling of 210, and one of them can theoretically get up to 440 (as it divides by age, a 5 year old could theoretically achieve 440, but Richard Reed could not).

He would certainly be smarter than our ability to measure.
I think that the two tests that I took very long ago (when I was far analytically smarter, but also far more unwise, than currently) measured up to 170 IQ, as I received results of 164 and 167 in them.

In theory perhaps, but much like with Moon Girl and the High Evolutionary it is an informed ability rather than actual intelligence feats of a level remotely approaching Doom and Reed.
How would moon girl be if she had a page? There was a weird IQ test that supposedly proved Moon girl above reed and banner so that would give her at least the same level as them. I dont read much about her but she is full of herself about being the smartest person on earth and she is smart and invented some stuff.

Yes, she is so tremendously bratty, conceited, and arrogant that she reads like a power-tripping self-insert fanfiction character for writers who constantly want to scream "Please look at me everybody! I'm the bestest person who ever existed!" without earning it in the slightest.

Regardless, if the character actually has consistent feats that qualify for our standards for Supergenius we would rate her as such, but not from Bruce Banner's informed ability test alone.

Yes, she is so tremendously bratty, conceited, and arrogant that she reads like a power-tripping self-insert fanfiction character for writers who constantly want to scream "Please look at me everybody! I'm the bestest person who ever existed!" without earning it in the slightest.

Regardless, if the character actually has consistent feats that qualify for our standards for Supergenius we would rate her as such, but not from Bruce Banner's informed ability test alone.
I do understand but its kinda hard to prove her level its not like she can actually invent something that others havent done before, time travel, travel to other dimensions or universes? Doom, Reed and such can make for breakfast.

Well, I haven't followed her stories, as I find her boring, bland, conceited, and arrogant from what little I have seen of her, and she apparently only exists for the sole purpose of being allegedly smarter than Reed Richards, as some kind of overly blunt political statement, but again, if she has intelligence feats of a Supergenius level, we would give that rating to her. It isn't like I strongly dislike the character, whereas I actually do despise the Cthulhu Mythos, and I haven't ever tried to get that verse downgraded.

I dont read much about her i recently did read a comic of her because i had nothing else to do. In that comic she has to go against an apparent kree genius who goes to earth and starts using moon girls nanobots to control all inhumans through hair gel, yes i know, i was that bored

What about Jane Foster? Her intelligence is just above average which doesnt make sense it should be at least gifted since she is a doctor, and a good one. And Doctor Strange has no mention to his abilities as a surgeon.
I remember Jane and Strange teaming up to fix death with their medical knowledge.

didn`t know. Its good luck that the cartoon didn`t go all in to look like the comics

I don't think Moon Girl is the worst, but the writers are terrible.

They don't actually make her look smart in a meaningful way, they say she's smart, make everyone else look stupid and have her whip up some sci-fi bullshit half the time. It's the exact opposite of why Spider-Man's ingenuity can be interesting when done right.

Basically, we got Spider-Forge with extra steps, and utilised in basically the worst way possible.

Keep in mind, this is just a limited scope. I haven't read 90% of her appearances. So, for all I know, she could be written far better in other comics.

Last edited:
I don't think Moon Girl is the worst, but the writers are terrible.

They don't actually make her look smart in a meaningful way, they make everyone else look stupid and have her whip up some sci-fi bullshit half the time. It's the exact opposite of why Spider-Man's ingenuity can be interesting when done right.

Basically, we got Spider-Forge with extra steps, and utilised in basically the worst way possible.

Keep in mind, this is just a limited scope. I haven't read 90% of her appearances. So, for all I know, she could be written far better in other comics.
Its not like we can explain most of the "sci-fi" s#it she makes, its also hard to make someone look smarter when the character is among geniuses. She is not really a popular character so i doubt the writers are allowed to make her do important things like create another dimension or some huge technology to change the world so that she can actually "show off". Would you accept if she won a quiz contest against Reed? Not that i saw that happening but just an example of something that could be used but still a doubtful feat

We don't have to. Spider-Man's webshooters and Iron Man's suits make little sense, but they're still done in an effective way.

I honestly don't care who she's smarter than (that has literally nothing to do with why I see the character unfavourably), just as long as she's well written. If they were good writers, they'd make a decent story and character in spite of those limitations, like they've mostly done with Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, etc.

As for P&A stuff, I guess statements and feat-scaling can't be used, it has to be an actual feat (like making a machine that turns of a galaxy's gravitational forces, or something). I'm personally neutral on this.

It's worth noting that, by this logic, even Doom (going exclusively by his profile) might have Extraordinary Genius if not for the Cosmic Cube stuff and Hyperstorm's tech.

We don't have to. Spider-Man's webshooters and Iron Man's suits make little sense, but they're still done in an effective way.

I honestly don't care who she's smarter than (that has literally nothing to do with why I see the character unfavourably), just as long as she's well written. If they were good writers, they'd make a decent story and character in spite of those limitations, like they've mostly done with Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, etc.
Exactly. She has been incredibly conceited and arrogant in the appearances that I have seen her, and it seems like some writers are giving her Starlin's old Thanos treatment of making other characters look stupid in order to make her seem to shine. Also, the informed ability issue without feats of that scale is rather annoying.
As for P&A stuff, I guess statements and feat-scaling can't be used, it has to be an actual feat (like making a machine that turns of a galaxy's gravitational forces, or something). I'm personally neutral on this.

It's worth noting that, by this logic, even Doom (going exclusively by his profile) might have Extraordinary Genius if not for the Cosmic Cube stuff and Hyperstorm's tech.
Well, he can create technology to absorb the power of tier 1 entities, among other things.

Well, his intelligence description should probably be modified then.

Okay. Intelligence section changes tend to be rather self-evident though. Does anybody here know of Supergenius intelligence feats for Thanos?

Yes, creating a supposedly more powerful mixed clone of himself and Galactus seems to qualify, although Starlin only portrays Galactus as a tier 5 character, not remotely tier 2.

judging by Iron Man Vol 6
I should clarify now.

From a purely external and scientific perspective, Iron Man describes the Power Cosmic as space-time melded into a singular energy, allowing for basically everything (including dimensional travel and matter manipulation). It also links him to the cosmos in a multi-dimensional way.

Upon actually immersing himself in it, he gives up on scientific explanations, and later admits that he never truly understood it.

If he just had a machine that did this, it'd probably wouldn't be Supergenius. But Thanos here would have to be manipulating the Power Cosmic on a somewhat similar scale to what Galactus can possess (at least if I'm remembering how he made Omega).

Last edited:
What you think of this?
hejfKKj.png

23PSC56.jpg

Al Ewing saying that the sword Excelsior is as powerful as Mjolnir.

Dont know if it's been posted here. But Marvel has given us our second look on its Grand God tier, The Enigma.

Seemingly having a pretty different look then what we saw, presumably a manifestation of itself within the Mystery.

AJFCJaXLuhvMwWuDzCcSZrNiLtTgvhq4AGuyxVIqUCz18TmYEkHSgHIGTA72q94ZUAGMLoLEuMr62N7wfIVv3Ip1ZvslzEk-AA1JaUFITa8UUXVNPbEreQk=s0

(X-Men Before the Fall: Sons of X #1)

Found this quote:
SPACE HOPPER
Ah, yes. The Mathiverse is a universe that we are about to explore. It tran- scends Time and Space, Intelligence and Extelligence, Thought... it tran- scends Transcendence itself. Within it are not only all Spaces and Times that have existed or will exist, not even only all that could exist, but all Spaces and Times that could not exist. The Mathiverse contains all num- bers. It contains all shapes, all geometries. The Mathiverse contains all vectors, matrices, permutations, combinations, integrations, separations, projections, injections, surjections, bijections, semigroups, transformations, relations, functions, functors, functionals, algebraic group schemes, super- manifolds, K-theories, M-theories, M-sets, power sets, subsets, supersets. All data structures, processes. All formal descriptions of logical structures and all informal descriptions of illogical structures. If someone were to in- vent something never seen before that fit in the same category as these, it already would have existed in the Mathiverse.
VIKKI
...oh. Where are we going?
SPACE HOPPER
I'm going to take you to the most basic of the spaces in the Mathiverse. It's called Pointland.

Back